Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Only Runs

i wonder if i'd make it on just using a munchlax or starly or lopunny?
    I no longer have time to do any trades or battle nor will I log on as much, so if you message me, I will get back to you when I next log in, but remember, that may not be for a very long time...! Sorry in advance! ^^;
    I have claimed In the official Claim A Pokemon thread!

I'd try this if I got Platinum, which I hope to soon.
    I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?

i did it with empoleon once

Riki Tiki Tavi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Strife View Post
    I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?
    If it's breed-able, that is preffered. For me atleast. That way the Pokemon will listen to me if I hatch it in the Only Run file.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

The region dexes prevent me from doing this with the pokes I'd like to.

the region dex doesnt matter the poke that isnt in the sinnoh dex just comes up as ??? for its number

Quote Originally Posted by JustinConnor View Post
    The region dexes prevent me from doing this with the pokes I'd like to.
    Actually they don't. In both Diamond/Pearl and Platinum, it is possible to use Pokemon outside the regional pokedexs for some reason. I couldn't believe it either, but try it.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

i once did a run with only a geodude and i gave it an everstone so it wouldent evolve it was lvl 92 when i beat the e4

Rarity is best pony :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Strife View Post
    yeah. though starly you can catch right off the bat, so excluding the beginning you could use a starly. though it'll be hard beating the first gym right away, i think...
    I no longer have time to do any trades or battle nor will I log on as much, so if you message me, I will get back to you when I next log in, but remember, that may not be for a very long time...! Sorry in advance! ^^;

I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.
    Lv100 Lv 100 Lv 100 Lv 100 Lv 100

My team so far. Will update with the last member soon. Should be a breloom. And then Gliscor is getting dropped for someone else. He's a weak mothertrucker.

Can't wait for HG/SS. Going to buy SS as soon as I can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm like time. I can't be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Volt of Noid View Post
    I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.
    a bidoof huh? i think you're the only person who's trying a run only with that pokemon, because i don't know many people who like bidoof. XD

Bidoof/Bibarel are A LOT better than most people think.
    :/

I did this when I first played Diamond, I used my old pal Buizel and I remember it being in the 80's when I beat the elite four, but then I restarted with an actual team.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Bidoof/Bibarel are A LOT better than most people think.
    :/
    huh... well i actually never use mine except as an HM slave and when in need of reviving a pokemon, i put this pokemon in.

anyway, back to the point; i'm thinking of trying with a piplup and not evolving it at all... :\

I'm thinking about one in Diamond for either Gallade, Rhyperior, Pikachu, or Kingdra.

On topic, I've done solo runs with Blastoise in FR, Starmie, Dragonite, and Snorlax on three seperate LG files, Feraligatr on Silver, Blaziken on Ruby, and Swampert on Emerald. I'm actually in the middle of a solo run on my Emerald with a Ralts.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 24th June 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I'm thinking about one in Diamond for either Gallade, Rhyperior, Pikachu, or Kingdra.

On topic, I've done solo runs with Blastoise in FR, Starmie, Dragonite, and Snorlax on three seperate LG files, Feraligatr on Silver, Blaziken on Ruby, and Swampert on Emerald. I'm actually in the middle of a solo run on my Emerald with a Ralts.
    Those are all fairly wimpy, except for Ralts and Pikachu. Fully evolved, strong Pokemon take little skill to beat the game with. In fact, beating the game with a fully evolved starter isn't an Only Run at all. :/

I'm about to try and do an only run with a Houndour wish me luck. i'm probably going to get rocked by the 2nd (maybe?) E4 person that has all ground-types though :/
    On that Black mode:

good luck! just bring a LOT of hyper potions and revives and make sure houndour's at a pretty high level.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWallstreetJournal View Post
    I'm about to try and do an only run with a Houndour wish me luck. i'm probably going to get rocked by the 2nd (maybe?) E4 person that has all ground-types though :/
    Good luck! Houndour is really pretty beastly, though, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Except for Roark. That might be tough..

With Houndour, pick Piplup as the main pokemon, to make for easy rivals. Nothing resists Dark 4x Sinnoh-side, so you could probably do with that as the only offensive type.

I wanna try it as well, but I don't know wich one.. I love phanpy and sandshrew.. xD or sentret ^^
    My favorite is Raichu though, but that's an evolution xD

I must try this with my up-coming Platinum.

i've got a good ider What about a machop?
    My amazing event darkrai
    On my first SR I got 31 Sp Atk ivs and 29 speed ivs with a Timid Nature.

seems like it could work, i was thinking something like Poliwag or slowbro.

Note that you would have to hack for a lot of these; it only counts as an only run if you obtain the Pokemon before the first gym.

Raesa.. try a Pichu, maybe?
    RYKUU, you could try Slowpoke.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast