Page 1 of 421 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Pokemon Club

Default The Shiny Pokemon Club

Hello, and welcome to the Shiny Pokemon Club! As the title suggests, this particular thread serves as an area where the shiny hunters of Serebii can discuss anything and everything about shinies. Well, almost everything.

Clubs about shiny Pokemon have come and gone for years now. We've been closed down quite often due to a plethora of problems. Because of this, I ask that each and every person who is considering to join this club to thoroughly read the rules, and seriously consider if you'll be able to follow them; there are quite a bit. Let's try to have a friendly, peaceful club, mmmk?

Rules:
    1. Any one is allowed to accept members.
    2. Please try your best to make your posts legible. We're not grammar police, but try and use use proper grammar.
    3. Only the Co-Owners or Owner may give strikes. Three and you are banned for two weeks. Three more and you are banned for two months. Get another three, and you are banned indefinitely.
    4. No flaming.
    5. No SPAM.
    6. We don't want to hear about the shinies you AR'd for, honestly. Do not talk about hacked shinies.
    7. Stay on-topic.
    8. Don’t complain about how co-owners or owners do their jobs. If you have a problem with their decisions, contact them via PM or VM.
    9. This isn't the place to handle trades; leave that to PMs and VMs
    10. Do not double/triple post. Do not post one-liners, either.
    11. All SPP Forum rules apply here as well.
    12. You can talk about emulator shinies as long as they are legitimate.

***If you wish to join, please put this in your first post in this club. I (ScreenName) hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. If you don't, it means you have not read the rules, and not allowed in.***

When you wish to join, please state why you wish to join as well. Please read this, too: Club Announcements

Fail to listen to these rules, and you will get a strike. So, please don't be lazy; read the rules.

Owner:
    ShinyFufu

Co-owners:
    ScorpionX
    DarkDragon
    Zabi
    Pokerealm

Banned from Club Indefinitely:
    DarkLucario
    ImmortalKaine
    Ship of the Line
    HarajukuWigglytuff
    par0003

Use this format to join:

Anyone who wishes to join may do so after (1) acknowledging that s/he has read and accepted the Club rules and will abide by them, and (2) subsequently requesting to join the Club. Only after such acknowedgement will any current member be able to accept the applicant into the Club.

BEFORE YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ADMITTED INTO THE CLUB, YOU MUST POST IN THIS CLUB WITHOUT RECEIVING A STRIKE FOR A FULL WEEK. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Club Artwork - Remove the asterisks when copying and pasting this in your sig. You do NOT have to include this in your signature!

[*url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358][*IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/Threader/Shiny-1.png[/IMG][/url]

[*url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358][*IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/Threader/Shinyclub.png[/IMG][/url]

[*url=http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358][*img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3050/39007494.png[/img][/url]

[*URL=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358][*IMG]http://mbmfiles.com/Nov2009/091115-rQhQ2RJXsbT.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Credits: Arkreis, Suicune, junpearl63, and Dan the Poke Man respectively.
    Last edited by ShinyFufu; 10th February 2011 at 12:54 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

I Storm_Dragoon hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. I wanna rejoin once again, to talk about shiny Pokemon. I have several from SRing, random encounter and hatched(no fished shinies yet), and I love the thrill of seeing that hard earned shiny on the screen ^^.

Glad to see the new club up and running ^_^. Well I have a new shiny to add to my collection. Yesterday morning I was hatching for shiny Skorupi for the 4th phase of the shiny circuit. On the 983rd egg, a shiny male Skorupi popped out . He has a Hasty nature with Battle Armor ability(I was hoping for Sniper but ah well)

Shiny Skorupi hatches

Here is the video of shiny Skorupi:

Shiny Skorupi

I started hatching for a shiny Dragon Dance Totodile. I haven't gotten a lot hatched, as I'm currently SRing for shiny Palkia in my other copy of Platinum.
    Last edited by Storm_Dragoon; 24th June 2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Latest Shinies:

Japanese Platinum

I Narutopokedude hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

May I join? I would like to join because I am I shiny hunter at heart, and it's what I spend every waking hour doing.

Yay! It's back up! But I bring bad news...

Earlier today I found another shiny poochyena. I didn't take pictures this time. Hopefully it's a sign that I will find my purple mud skipper soon.

Congrats on the shiny Skorupi Storm Dragoon, one of my favorite shinies.

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Narutopokedude; 24th June 2009 at 10:43 PM.

I LoneStarAkira hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Horray! =D The club is back again~ I'm sooo glad!!

Hunts have been going full nut with me lately. Got another 2 boxes of Horsea all hatched up and I'll be moving onto my 6th box to hatch tonight, hopefully.

My Route 117 hunt is crazy. I've been glued to my Ruby game so much the past few days. I can't believe I've already made more than 6000 encounters for this thing... I really hope something pops up soon! o:

And wow! You got it already, S_D? Congrats!
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

I -Totodile- hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Woohoo!! The club is back. I want to join because I was a member of the old club and I was devastated when it closed a couple of days ago.

The last shiny I got was Aipom, which I got in December. I haven't been hunting much lately. I did a few SRs for Regice last night but that's it.

I'm glad the club is back again and hopefully it lasts a long time!

I redpixie hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

wooo we are back in business people! And I would like to rejoin due to the fact I am a dedicated shiny chainer, but am currently trying my hand at random encounter shinies!

I've been fishing still for the past few days, up to approx. 10,440 encounters now of dratini/gyrados and still no shiny

congrats on the skorupi S_D! and under 1000 eggs too nicely done!
    Last edited by redpixie; 24th June 2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Credit to BlazingFury for my userbar =3

Most recent shiny:

[HATCHED JUNE 7TH 2011 - 22 EGGS!]

Hunting:

Would it be presumtious (SP?) of me to assume i don't have to type the forum rules... thing?

Anyhow, i'm currently hunting in the power plant on ruby, hoping for either a magnemite voltorb, as long as the voltorb doesn't explode

I might change my location actually, where there are pokemon that can't be easily chained, maybe shoal, cave
    Credit to Zabi for the fantastic shiny banner
    Twinned with the awesome mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

I Midnight Shadows hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Yay the club is back ^^' It's nice to read up on everyone's current hunts and how they are going, it makes me more determined.

No new shiny news here, Day 19 for Uxie, and I am going to reach a little over 27k encounters by the end of the day. I might consider joining the Hoenn Tour on my Ruby just to take a break from SRing..

Maybe I'll start in an hour..or sooner >> I don't know which Route to start though >.< Also, congrats again on the shiny Skorupi S_D ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionX View Post
    Anyhow, i'm currently hunting in the power plant on ruby, hoping for either a magnemite voltorb, as long as the voltorb doesn't explode
    I found a random shiny Voltorb there later last year, and even though I used my Masterball, Selfdestruct wasn't in his moveset. (Then again, mine was level 24 when I found him)

I might change my location actually, where there are pokemon that can't be easily chained, maybe shoal, cave
    Try Granite Cave. You got Sableye, or Mawile (Depending on the game) and Aron. Ooh~ Why not try and hunt Underwater? It'd be amazing if someone here hunted for an Underwater shiny! o:
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

To everybody who has posted, welcome (back) to the club! Major congratulations on the shiny Skorupi, S_D. You should hatch for Totodile later...I'm planning on hatching for a Dragon Dance Totodile, too! But it'll have to wait because there are other targets I want more.

I have a new shiny as well. Today I got a shiny Wobbuffet on a 39 chain, then another shiny Wobbuffet at a 43 chain. I'm pleased with myself, considering these past few days I've had my chains break rather easily. This shiny Wobbuffet will be useful for when I soft reset for shiny Cresselia on Diamond or Platinum as well. I would be egg hatching for Riolu right now, but my brother is using my DS Lite to chain, so I am soft resetting for a shiny Clefairy on FR.

Good luck, everyone!

Oh, please spread the word that the club is up and running again. ^^

I Ampharos_Spark hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I would like to re-join the club because I was a member of the old one. I'm currently hunting in Platinum Uxie and in FireRed I am hunting Bulbasaur. I might also do some hunting for Eevee in LeafGreen.

Congrats on the shiny Skorupi S_D! Also Congrats ShinyFufu on shiny Wobbuffet!
    Last edited by Ampharos_Spark; 24th June 2009 at 11:58 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and BW Ampharos sprite is from pokewiki

Congrats on the Wobbuffets Fufu! I've never been able to chain a shiny before, but I would need to if I wanted to join the circuit. About the Hoenn Tour, count me in. Now that's my kind of competition! Does it really last a year though?

I like the new club name btw, it is shorter and more to the point. ;D

YES! It's back! *ahem*

I, Missingno. Master, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Tonight, I am gonna attempt a chain for today's swarm, Natu.

Oh, and.... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...nter%27s_Guide

^ A little guide I whipped up for shiny hunting.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I kirkeastment hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Wow i'm so glad that the club is back up and running so soon after its closure. Big props to SF for the speedy action on his part.

No new shinies on my end, my hunts are all on hold due to the WiFi Jirachi. However my targets will soon be Scyther(Chain), Gligar(Chain) and i'll be SRing for shiny Azelf as well.

I may start up my circuit again, but it'll have to be on hold until i've got at least a shiny Scyther.

So i see that S_D has made a great first post to the club, a brand spanking new shiny eh, well congratulations. shiny Skorupi looks awesome.

Also a congrats to SF on the shiny Wobba, ah i remember when i chained my first Wobba, that purple glow, and it too was on a chain of 39. Good to know your going to put it to good use as well, now all you need is to SR for a shiny Cresselia.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 24th June 2009 at 11:57 PM.

Everyone who requested to join again, you're in. Thank you all for following the rules.

Narutopokedude: Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I actually shortened that to six months, so it will end on December 9th, 2009. I personally think six months is a bit too short, but the consensus was that a full year was too long. I will change the ending date in my first post.

kirk: Yeah, I can't wait to start SRing for it. But first, I'd like to hatch shiny Riolu and then get a shiny Rotom on Diamond.

I Heliotrope hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Yay! It's back! Group hug, people! Group hug! *hugs*

^.^

I'm currently hatching for my 4th leg shiny in the shiny circuit; a dragon-dancing shiny Totodile. Last time I checked, I was at 1607 eggs, but I've spent a lot of the day hatching... hurry up and appear!

I also started hunting for the 5th leg fishing shiny, too. I'm after a shiny Staryu in Leaf Green and a shiny Carvanha/Feebas (found a Feebas tile ^^ ) in Ruby. Anyof them would be good, but I would like to avenge the random shiny Carvanha that I KO'ed back in July 2007.

And now I'm going to bed, because it';s nearly 12.30am. Good night and good luck, guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Thank you all for the congrats guys. I'm very happy with my shiny Skorupi, mainly because it was a target of mine several months ago. I don't know whether to evolve it into Drapion or not, because I like the red better on Skorupi over Drapion.

My target for the last part of the shiny circuit will be Poliwag, Magikarp or Goldeen. I really hope that a shiny Poliwag will pop up, mainly to recapture the shiny one that got deleted in Crystal. The last time I fished, I was up to 500 encounters. I have plenty of time to fish for a shiny, as I'll be on vacation in a few days ^^.
    Latest Shinies:

Japanese Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Dragoon View Post
    I don't know whether to evolve it into Drapion or not, because I like the red better on Skorupi over Drapion.
    I agree with you on that, I prefer the red.

Fufu: I'm glad it's only 6 months. ^^

So I was gone for the result of March Madness i think, who ended up winning it?

Oh, and great guide MM!
    Last edited by Narutopokedude; 25th June 2009 at 1:43 AM.

Hm...I might go for Tropius or anything in the Route 119 area.. does anyone know of a way to just make Tropius appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Shadows View Post
    Hm...I might go for Tropius or anything in the Route 119 area.. does anyone know of a way to just make Tropius appear?
    Not offhand. However, I gotta warn you, it might have Whirlwind, as noted in this shiny hunting guide I whipped up.

I'm gonna start for Natu soon, maybe within the hour.

EDIT: I will start chaining Natu soon, but first....

I, Missingno. Master, am officially declaring my entry in the Great Shiny Circuit!

1st Leg - Codename: The Grassy Patch Remained Silent...
    I'll be doing yet another attempt for Tyrogue with this leg. 8% appearance rate if memory serves. Whatever that route is east of Eterna City, I forget the route number.

2nd leg - Codename: Desert Storm
    I'll be chaining Cacturne for this one, in the desert north of Resort area (I forget the route number)

3rd Leg - Codename: Soft Reset
    I'll try my hand at SRing for Cranidos in the Mining Museum.

4th Leg - Codename: Egg (Moves) Attack!
    The only foreign Pokemon I have is a male Magmar, evolved from a japanese Magby I got off the GTS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago, so I'll try and breed Makuhita with the egg move Faint Attack. True, I already have a shiny Hariyama, but it's got a Bold nature.

5th Leg - Codename: Hook-A-Shiny!
    Even though I already have a shiny Gyarados (and likely will get two more when HeartGold and SoulSilver come out), I will be using the Super Rod in the Resort Area.

I am gonna use Platinum for all five legs, and I intend to do them in order. However, I will not start until tomorrow, as I already am going to chain Natu tonight. Can't put that off, Natu's a swarmer.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 25th June 2009 at 3:00 AM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I RedGyarados hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. I wish to join to talk about Shiny Pokemon.

I must first say that it has been around 2 or 3 years since i even looked at the forums and in that time I have amassed a large amount of shinies which now occupy 3 1/2 boxes.

I am currently hunting for a shiny Starly. Good luck to all and I wish you the best of luck on your hunts.

I The King of Ho-oh's hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them I'd like to join to discuss my shiny hunting adventures with others with similar interests.

I'd like to rejoin again :P I'm still breeding for a shiny Relicanth (please have rock head!!). I'm upto about 200 eggs since starting to use the Masuda Method. After that I'm going after a shiny Tropius and hatching it with Leaf Blade.

I'm also going to start "The Hoenn Shiny Tour" tonight (considering I've never found a shiny on Sapphire yet). I have a question about the tour though: will shinys I catch on different saves add up? For example let's say I get a shiny on one play through of sapphire and another 4 play throughs later. Will they add up?

I, ubernoob, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Well, this is my first time joining..:P
    I'm basically a noob at shiny hunting...haven't gotten anything yet in 3rd gen, but I have a boxfull of chained shinies in D/P :P

I also have a question about the Hoenn shiny Tour: On the addendum, it says on the last two weeks, SR'd shinies will be allowed.

This means we can't SR for Hoenn shinies and use them for the contest until...the last two weeks?
    Current SR Target: (2201 SR's)
    in Sapphire.

To everyone that has requested to join, welcome to the club! And a special "Welcome Back" goes to DarkDragon. ^_^

RG, I remember you posting a lot in the 3rd Gen Shiny Thread before it was closed. You got like six shinies in one day, right? What shinies do you have now that occupy 3.5 boxes? o_O

The King of Ho-oh's, of course they will add up? Why wouldn't they?

While hatching for Riolu eggs, I checked my swarm, and it's Spoink! While I don't normally chain for targets consecutively on my Diamond, this is an exception. I've wanted a Spoink swarm for years, and it seemed like I could just never get one...but now I do! I actually chained and obtained two shiny Spoink years ago, but they were so horrendous that I released them and didn't count them towards my total. Hopefully I can get a good haul this time.

I got to 456 Riolu eggs before I began my chain for Spoink.

Good luck, everyone.

I PokeShinyHuntJack hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Been thinking about joining for a while.. I have 3 shinies that are in the sig.

Credit to junpearl63

Page 1 of 421 123451151101 ... LastLast