Page 101 of 421 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 10515

Thread: The Shiny Pokemon Club

this club needs police agree that means i am the police
    latiasluvr does not have much Friends to become her friend please click on this link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=152915
    to become my Friend click on this link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=143486

http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZT5FZi1
    click the link above to go to pokefarm and help my egg hatch bye
    wii email number is 8959 3407 1620 9244
    Pokémon Perl Friend code 0303 1780 5551

I Pokedude105 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
    I want to join thos club cause I really like shinies and they are fun trying to catch. I only have 1 shiny and that is a Misdreavus, but im hoping this will help motivate me to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by par0003 View Post
    this club needs police agree that means i am the police
    I have reported you to a club forum moderator, as you have ignored repeated attempts asking you to leave this club and stop posting.

So once again please stop posting and leave this club. You are not a member, and you are not allowed to join.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedude105 View Post
    I Pokedude105 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
    I want to join thos club cause I really like shinies and they are fun trying to catch. I only have 1 shiny and that is a Misdreavus, but im hoping this will help motivate me to get more.
    Welcome to the club Pokedude105.

Misdreavus is a rather good shiny, was it a random shiny or was it chained for.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 24th September 2009 at 11:22 AM.

It was just a random shiny that I found when I was going through eterna forest

And could someone explain how chaining works

Does anybody know what happens if you accidentally give the Daycare man an egg? My dad called the house and I picked it up and pressed B instead of A... I feel like an idiot right now...
    Current hunt: Eevee, once more...
    Most recent shiny: 4 Eevee by chaining!!!

Platinum Name: Link
    FC: 0388 5521 5120

LOL, I just took the test again and put all the same answers and got something different!

I chain, and all my shinies are equally loved.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/hspb38.png[/IMG]
    Made by Electricbluewolf, isn't it EPIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clever-Mird View Post
    Does anybody know what happens if you accidentally give the Daycare man an egg? My dad called the house and I picked it up and pressed B instead of A... I feel like an idiot right now...
    I'm not sure what giving the daycare man an egg has to do with ANYTHING, as the immediate obvious thing to do would be to reset your game. Anyway, I want a new target, I hope other people get shinys too.
    The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

But if I reset my game then I have to start at ground ZERO!!! I have hatched 140 eggs!!! I may take a break though... Does chaining interfere with th IRNG? I hope not, because then I am going to go chain!

LOL, I just took the test again and put all the same answers and got something different!

Quote Originally Posted by Clever-Mird View Post
    But if I reset my game then I have to start at ground ZERO!!! I have hatched 140 eggs!!! I may take a break though... Does chaining interfere with th IRNG? I hope not, because then I am going to go chain!

Well, if your so worried about one egg and think it was shiny, wouldn't it be better to get the one shiny egg instead of wanting to keep hatching more. Also, chaining does affect the RNG as they are wild pokemon battles. You can't run into wild pokemon, go on wifi, or turn your game off if you are truly dedicated to getting a shiny. I think I'll go for STARYU next.
    The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

You people confuse me with your "can't go in wild battles, wifi, or turn off game"
    I did those things multiple times and because of that I got my first shiny.
    Masuda Method Turtwig at 49 Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by miloticsavior View Post
    Well, if your so worried about one egg and think it was shiny, wouldn't it be better to get the one shiny egg instead of wanting to keep hatching more. Also, chaining does affect the RNG as they are wild pokemon battles. You can't run into wild pokemon, go on wifi, or turn your game off if you are truly dedicated to getting a shiny. I think I'll go for STARYU next.
    Sorry but you are wrong.

There are two random number generators in the 4th generation of games.

The RNG you are referring to controls wild pokemon.

What we are talking about when discussing Masuda hatching is known as the IRNG - (Incubation Random Number Generator)

The IRNG controls eggs.

Both are affected in different ways, which is where you have confused them.

Wild pokemon encounters do not and will not affect the IRNG, they will only affect the RNG.

Might i suggest you read this threads first post - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

Specifically what advances the IRNG, before misleading others with unchecked facts.

As has been said above by MetaPheonixPal, wild battles have no effect whatsoever on masuda hatching or any hatching for that matter. This has been checked and proven.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 25th September 2009 at 12:14 AM.

...(gets angry at trying to explain this for the 50th time and gives up) I said it helps, not you have to do it OK? As in, if you do it, you WILL get a shiny. Sheesh do your homework people. If you leave your game on and do nothing but hatch eggs, you will reach your shiny frame. You don't have to, but if you battle or use wifi, you're taking a risk because your shiny frame is randomly reseeded. You can do these things and it may help you, or it may cause you to have to hatch another thousand eggs. Just do whatever you want. Also, I'm pretty sure this does help, and I meant IRNG btw.

...(gets angry at trying to explain this for the 50th time and gives up) I said it helps, not you have to do it OK? As in, if you do it, you WILL get a shiny. Sheesh do your homework people. If you leave your game on and do nothing but hatch eggs, you will reach your shiny frame. You don't have to, but if you battle or use wifi, you're taking a risk because your shiny frame is randomly reseeded. You can do these things and it may help you, or it may cause you to have to hatch another thousand eggs. Just do whatever you want. Also, I'm pretty sure this does help, and I meant IRNG btw.
    For one, theres no need to get angry, or be rude. I only corrected your one error, nothing more.

The mistake you have made is saying that wild battles advance the IRNG.

The only battles that will advance the IRNG frames are WiFi battles, not wild battles.

You had everything but that correct. Theres no need to get angry about it.

You are correct in that leaving your game on constantly does help, as i too have explained this many times.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 25th September 2009 at 12:25 AM.

SWEET! I just got a shiny koffing. 12 eggs again I think.
    No one-liners. You have a strike.

I decided to take a break from hatching Totodile eggs...I won't have as much time to shiny hunt as I did this past week, so I figured I should just wait until I'm on Christmas break or when I'll have a lot of free time to hatch eggs. I guess having to reset at zero really took away my desire to hatch. Instead, I will just chain for stuff on my Diamond version. I'll also use my Diamond to double SR for Azelf and maybe Uxie. For now, I'm chaining for Vulpix (if I can find one...)

I have a chain for Slowpoke on Platinum1. My brother got an early shiny patch on a chain of 14, and I'm a bit too busy and lazy to chain up more. I want to break it, but there's a possibility that the shiny Slowpoke has the wrong nature and IVs. I think I'll just keep going until the chain inevitably breaks. After that, I'll focus on SRing for Piplup on Platinum2.

So it looks my main hunts are now Piplup and Vulpix.

Good luck, everyone.

Hey, everyone. Just checking in. Nothing new for me, either with my SR goals or random hunting. It seems that the longer I go without a shiny (I know, I could always chain, but that's too easy) the less I want to keep going. I can't wait until HG/SS to jump start my interest in shiny hunting... I think it's good that there won't be chaining in the new games.
        Spoiler:- my most recent 3rd generation shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Sorry but you are wrong.

What we are talking about when discussing Masuda hatching is known as the IRNG - (Incubation Random Number Generator)

The IRNG controls eggs.

Wild pokemon encounters do not and will not affect the IRNG, they will only affect the RNG.

Might i suggest you read this threads first post - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

Specifically what advances the IRNG, before misleading others with unchecked facts.

As has been said above by MetaPheonixPal, wild battles have no effect whatsoever on masuda hatching or any hatching for that matter. This has been checked and proven.
    What about stationary pokemon like giritina or shaymin, are they influenced by RNG(probably this one) or IRNG? If it was IRNG there would be a lot of people abusing it to skip out on SRing.

Well Ive finally decided on a new hunt, Ill start to hatch Gligar eggs and hopfully get a future shiny Gliscor(ill also switch between those and skorupi eggs. I really hope It comes out earlier than my Totodile and I really hope it wont have a neutral nature(for some freaky and weird reason out of all of my whole shiny collection only one doesnt have a neutral nature).

Good luck everyone, and especially good luck to Fu Fu who is having egg trouble, I hope you get lucky soon.
    Last edited by BluUmbreon; 26th September 2009 at 2:00 AM.
    Shiny hunting right now...sigh

My favorite of my shinys Is my Shiny Absol. Name's Omen
    Banner made by junpearl63

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Sorry but you are wrong.

The IRNG controls eggs.

Wait, so if I chain it wont effect my IRNG for my egg hatching hunt?

Just confirming this because I need some pick me up on egg hatching... I am on the verge of quiting and this is the hardest I have worked to get a shiny since my shiny ralts (Chained).

I have no news on Pidgey, I have't picked up my DS for a few days. I have not finished my BT team because it is on the top of my list, as I have given near hope for a Shiny Pidgeot long ago....

I won't be posting for a.....let's just say a while. I got Halo 3: ODST and I have been playingnon-stop. I just beat the game hardest diffuculty by myself.... sorry for off-topic

I knew it, I knew it would happen eventually... My stupid game froze! I am soooo frustrated right now... I am about to throw my DS at the wall. I am NEVER doing this again... Well that was about 5 hours of my life wasted.

EDIT: See you guys... I am probably going to be gone for a long time considering that I just wasted about god knows how long hatching stupid eggs and ending in my stupid game freezing... Gone for a long time, for I probably won't even play my DS for the next few months until HG/SS comes out.
    Last edited by Clever-Mird; 25th September 2009 at 6:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BluUmbreon View Post
    What about stationary pokemon like giritina or shaymin, are they influenced by RNG(probably this one) or IRNG? If it was IRNG there would be a lot of people abusing it to skip out on SRing.

Well Ive finally decided on a new hunt, Ill start to hatch Gligar eggs and hopfully get a future shiny Gliscor. I really hope It comes out earlier than my Totodile and I really hope it wont have a neutral nature(for some freaky and weird reason out of all of my whole shiny collection only one doesnt have a neutral nature).

Good luck everyone, and especially good luck to Fu Fu who is having egg trouble, I hope you get lucky soon.
    Stationary pokemon are affected by the RNG, and people are and have been abusing it anyway, as the RNG is almost as easy to maniuplate as the IRNG, as long as you have the hang of what you need to do.

*Waves hi to DD*

I knew you'd stop in at some point, especially with HG/SS having just been released. I'm also glad chaining has been given a miss in these games.

EDIT @ 20:07: Well no shiny starter, and i did say that if i couldn't get one by Friday, I'd just enjoy playing through Soul Silver, and then when i got to Lugia I'd dual SR for both Ho-oh and Lugia, so starting tomorrow morning, I'll begin my trawl through Johto in Soul Silver.

Best of luck with your hunts people.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 25th September 2009 at 9:11 PM.

Everyone seems to be down in the dumps with shinies-me too! Ive had nothing new and dont want to chain because its too...too...well it just takes the excitment out of shinies in my eyes, they dont seem as special as random encounter ones (and as if thats gonna happen to someone with my luck!) So im just gonna wait for HG/SS to come out in England then get back into shinies then. Ill still be hunting for random ones untill then though
    ;149;Dragonite Over Salamence Anyday!;373;

You know you're a meticulous chainer when it takes you 78 Super Repels and about 15,000 steps to get a 40 chain. Haha.

Funny story about this particular chain, though; earlier I said I had only chained up to like 20 before I put the DS in Sleep Mode. Well, last night when I opened it back up to start chaining again (a while after I posted), my chain was at 27 for some reason. I don't remember chaining that high, so I suppose my brother chained a bit more for me, which was nice of him. Then, this morning, at a 31 or 32 chain, I was graced with another early shiny patch. I caught the shiny Slowpoke, and now I have a 40 chain. Hopefully the shiny patches don't take too long to appear.

Good luck, everyone. My plan was to shiny hunt a lot this weekend, but it looks as though I'll be rather busy....oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    You know you're a meticulous chainer when it takes you 78 Super Repels and about 15,000 steps to get a 40 chain. Haha.

Funny story about this particular chain, though; earlier I said I had only chained up to like 20 before I put the DS in Sleep Mode. Well, last night when I opened it back up to start chaining again (a while after I posted), my chain was at 27 for some reason. I don't remember chaining that high, so I suppose my brother chained a bit more for me, which was nice of him. Then, this morning, at a 31 or 32 chain, I was graced with another early shiny patch. I caught the shiny Slowpoke, and now I have a 40 chain. Hopefully the shiny patches don't take too long to appear.

Good luck, everyone. My plan was to shiny hunt a lot this weekend, but it looks as though I'll be rather busy....oh well.
    Thats impressive I must say I wish you luck on your shiny slowpoke thats a very nice shiny~I am currently chaining misdreavus so I have a feeling by the end of the day Ill have gotten a successful chain to 40 hopefully even 2 if I can bare,
    Now I know a lot of people here do not like/support chaining and well although im glad the pokeradar is not in the new games(cause if it was shiny tangela would be like the easiest chain) but i still think it is a very technical and hard to get chains it defiantly takes effort and lots of training to become a good chainer and even when you do its still hard to get good chains. I've chained misdreavus like 7 times now and my highest chain was 30 and not trying to be too modest but im a REALLY good chainer. I think pokeradar shinys are just as valuable as random shinys.
    On a side note:I got a shiny geodude yesterday from a chain while i was eving my shiny chikorita,
    lets hope i get some chaining luck woot woot!!
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/258cpp5.jpg[/IMG]
    When I get a new Shiny I ~"JUST DANCE"~
    Current Hunt:Abra
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2ywx24k.jpg[/IMG]
    5soft resets(410 Abras)LeafGreen-no shiny yet-wish me Luck

Awsome news! I finally figured out how to get pictures! I know its a little late but here is a pic of my shiny Totodile riptide when I first hatched him. Now hes a BA ferelagatr.

Ive started to do some skorupi eggs, about 5 boxes, I really hope it pops out soon.

good luck to everyone.
    Shiny hunting right now...sigh

My favorite of my shinys Is my Shiny Absol. Name's Omen
    Banner made by junpearl63

Congratulations on the slowpoke, ShinyFufu! You always get some of the best shinies... Wanna share some of that luck with me?

Latios still refuses to shine for me. I'll have alot of time to SR tomorrow, so hopefully it'll show up in the next few days. If not, I'm really looking forward to SR'ing for shaymin. I'll never give up on Latios though. It has to shine eventually!!!

Good luck with your hunts, everyone!
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes and Current Breeding Projet:

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou_fan View Post
    Congratulations on the slowpoke, ShinyFufu! You always get some of the best shinies... Wanna share some of that luck with me?
    Chaining isn't really all that much luck, you just got to know what your doing. Although, I guess an early shiny patch would be considered lucky.

O: Zabi, what are you doing here in the club? Well, I'm just dropping in like I said I would every once in a while, congrats on all the new shinies, and the new HG/SS shinies everyone has been getting lately.

Seems you had a problem with that par003 guy, but he is banned now, so that is good.

Good luck, everyone!

Page 101 of 421 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast