Page 11 of 421 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Pokemon Club

congratulations on the brand new shinies shinyfufu and narutopokedude! Mudkip is another one of my targets, but I need to breed one since I'm still using my sapphire for Kyogre!

Another day of mindless fishing lol 15,120 encounters...shine soon pleeease???

Welcome to all new members as well, and yay for darkdragon becoming co-owner again!
    Credit to BlazingFury for my userbar =3

Most recent shiny:

[HATCHED JUNE 7TH 2011 - 22 EGGS!]

Hunting:

Thank you all for the congrats! ^^ In my excitement however, I forgot to congratulate Fufu on his Growlithe, and welcome back DarkDragon as co-owner.

My e-reader will be arriving tomorrow so my next hunts will latios on sapphire and turtwig on platinum.

Good luck everyone!

Well, I didn't get my shiny Giratina before the month of June was over. I ended up tallying 8342 SRs over eight days. My actual total is higher, and I'm rather proud of the amount of SRs I did daily. Despite the headaches I got, shiny hunting so much daily has really been a great way for me to release some stress (hard to believe, I know), and trying to get a shiny in a week was a nice challenge.

But I won't slow down just because I wasn't able to reach my goal. I still want this shiny Giratina. And I won't stop until I get it. I mean, I've done so many already, why slow down now? As of right now, I'm double SRing for Giratina and Palkia, and I will continue on that front for the rest of the night (it's past 1 AM here). I'll randomly switch between SRing for Palkia and Shaymin.

It'd be pretty ironic if Giratina decided to shine tomorrow. Lol.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by ShinyFufu; 1st July 2009 at 6:21 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

Still no luck going for an underwater shiny. Hatched a few more eggs and started trying for a Celadon Game Corner Abra as well.

Congrats on the Mudkip, Narutopokedude

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    PSHJ, thats a great idea and all, however don't forget to level up that chimchar(before you breed it w/ditto) until it can no longer learn any new moves, otherwise the two egg moves(T & F Punch) will most likely be deleted whilst in the day-care couples care.

I've just started to count my SR's using the tally method, and i've done 45 for both Heatran/Darkrai so far. Its the first time i've ever noticed just how slow i'm SRing, and how infrequently. I may decide one of these days to just take a whole night and SR to my hearts content.

Good luck everyone.
    Omg.. i never thought of that thanks man. Well last night i got a sneasel chain to 39 walked into a shiny patch and...

SNEASEL CHAIN TO 40!!!!!
    About 5 minutes later the first shiny patch appeared, and i was sooo pleased, sneasel in hail leg 2 done!! About 50 minutes later the second patch appeared and the 3rd patch appeared straight after.

I will make a photobucket account later and put pictures on their of the pachiruisu's and sneasel's, im in a rush right now so i will put info on the 7 shiny pokemon later .

10 sr's for Kyogre last night. Wish me luck!!!

Red Pixie: Im not trying to copy with you with that pink shiny hunt or anything its just that the first 2 shinies i happened to get were pink and im hunting for a third.

Credit to junpearl63

almost to a chain of 25 on snorunt

Good luck on u guys shiny hunts
    My shiny pkmn vids and guide-->http://www.youtube.com/user/PkmnHu

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnHu View Post
    almost to a chain of 25 on snorunt

Good luck on u guys shiny hunts
    Snorunt is hard to chain 0_o. Im guessing you like snorunt then?? Good luck!
    Well im off to school now cya.

Credit to junpearl63

Quote Originally Posted by PokeShinyHuntJack View Post
    Snorunt is hard to chain 0_o. Im guessing you like snorunt then?? Good luck!
    Well im off to school now cya.
    Yeah well i alredy caught shiny sneasel in acuity lake area and snorunt is uber cool shiny so i decided to go for it

hey so is there like a prize for the winner of the circuit? idc if there isnt but hek its nice to get rewarded some times

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?

Um.....the living room of the shared house I live in (with strangers)? I'm paranoid about losing things so I don't think I've ever actually taken my SP/DS outside of the house. xD

Anyway, haven't done much. Ray' is about L98 and my SP is charging. Might get him to L100 by the end of today. Last night I randomly felt like chaining. I looked through my boxes and picked up my Magnet Pull Magnemite. I was toying with going for Bronzor for no real reason but ended up at Route- whatever- outside Stark Mountain and chaining Skarmory. Not sure how that happened; wanted to see if I could get a 40 chain there, maybe (I caught my first Skarm' on a chain of 1)? My first go got to 40 in just over an hour, then I caught two shinies in the hour that followed. Then I saved and went to bed because it was nearly midnight; as soon as I turned off the game, I pretty much went 'meh' and wondered why I'd wasted the time. Though seeing as looking at at bird was about the last thing I wanted to do when I got in, I guess that's an achievement.

First was an Impish male, caught in an Ultra Ball, second a Naughty female in a Heal Ball. Catching the first was fun; as per usual, I'd forgotten to bring along a 'catching' team. I put him to sleep with Chatot, started chucking Balls, he woke up, Sing missed about 10 times, so I went online, did damage calculations to confirm how rubbish Pidgeot is, brought said Pidgeot in, used Wing Attack twice to bring him in to the yellow, and got him in an Ultra Ball. Phew. Secong I used Pidgeot first, slept with Chatot and got her in the first Heal Ball. Both are pretty crummy overall.

Congrats on new shinies and good luck on the hunts!

Well I've passed the 10,000 mark on my Route 117 hunt. I'm starting to not expect a shiny anytime soon, so while hunting in Route 117, I might try another spot on a Hoenn game for another shiny.

It's gonna be hard to decide where to hunt, though, since I don't have any other completed games besides Emerald, and I've leeched off 2 lucky shinies offa there so I'm not expecting a 3rd.

Any ideas on a choice place to hunt that's somewhat early-ish in the game? I was thinking the desert, but that'd take some time to get to. I want a shiny that isn't on my shiny banner yet. o3o

Congrats on the Skarmorys, *Murkrow. I can see how the last thing you wanted to see was a bird, considering you've been hunting them for quite some time. @__@ But I love Skarmory and I don't have a shiny one yet~ I'd love to try and chain one, but finding one first is the difficult part.
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 1st July 2009 at 8:14 AM.
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

OMG, congrats NPD, yet another person gets their shiny starter soon after a shiny pooch encounter, congratulations.

Well done as well to PSHJ on getting a shiiny sneasel, can't wait to see the pictures.

Congrats as well to Murkrow on the shiny Skarmory, not something that easy to chain either.

LSA, you could always hunt in Petalburg Woods and right outside of it. Slakoth, Shroomish, and Tailow area all nice shinies you can find in that area in my opinion.

All this random hunt talk makes me want to do just that on FR. >.< But I must get shiny Giratina first.

I'll try and pull off an all-nighter tonight. I'm guessing most of the people that are on right now live in Europe?

well once ive got my chain to 40 im going to bed (its at 39) becuz itll be easier to see a shiny patch in the snow storm in the day time

gratz on the skarmory *Murkrow

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    LSA, you could always hunt in Petalburg Woods and right outside of it. Slakoth, Shroomish, and Tailow area all nice shinies you can find in that area in my opinion.
    Haha, I was just thinking about Petalburg Woods! Zigzagoon would be a bit of a disappointment, though I said the same for Makuhita when I did my Granite Cave hunt, and I love my Makuhita to bits. >DD

Petalburg Woods it is! I shall start soon. <:
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

Timid, 21, 11, 10, 11, 10, 9.

I don't think that's too good, especially not the nature. I've noticed a few other timid shiny mudkips out there, which is weird.
    Congrats on the shiny Mudkip! It's such a lovely shiny, isn't it? ^_^

On the contrary, your Mudkip's IV's aren't all that bad. Shame about the nature though:
    Mudkip - #258 (Timid)
    HP: 20 - 31
    Att: 20 - 31
    Def: 0 - 19
    SpA: 20 - 31
    SpD: 0 - 19
    Speed: 0 - 19

I'll try and pull off an all-nighter tonight. I'm guessing most of the people that are on right now live in Europe?
    I assume so. I'm in England, and it's 12.40pm here right now.

I'm playing LG at the moment, hunting in the safari zone for a Chansey with a lucky egg. I might give up in a minute and just continue playing through the file.

Later on I'll be hatching more Totodile.

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Jup belgium here it's 14.02 atm. I always got a lot to read when i wake up .

I've been doing a few diglett encounters around 100. Going to sr for kyogre in a minute while watching some more numb3rs.

Good luck to all.

You wake up at 2pm, Redostrike? O.o

Or did I just misread that. ^^;

... now it's 13.09pm here. It's turning into a 'what time is it in your country?' thread.

No new shinies in the last twenty or so minutes. (yes, I'm attempting to be on-topic). Finished my safari zone explorations (without finding a luck egg). Once I've completed this file I might go back to hunting for a random shiny in the viridian forest.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Nah i wake up much earlier it's just when i wake up there are alot of new post here from people not in europe.

Also to keep on topic: nothing in the last 14 minutes of sring for kyogre.

Still no new shiny for me. If no one minds I would like to start a new shiny topic:

What was your first captured shiny (outside of the 2nd Gen), and the story behind it.

My first shiny starts with me trying to SR for a shiny Moltres on LG. After awhile I got frustrated and decided to relieve some stress by capturing some pokes at the Safari Zone. Even on the way there I thought, " Wouldn't is suck if I find a shiny in there." Wouldn't you know it 2nd pokemon in shiny Nidoran(F) pops into the screen. I don't think I heart had beat that fast in along time. Threw first ball pops out..... throw 2nd ball and close the DS for good luck. Balls pops again.... throw the 3rd ball and turn the screen away. When I turn it back I'm looking at a pokedex entry for Nidoran(F). I run out of the safari zone, check my box, and inside is my first shiny: Adamant Nidoran(F) caught in a Safari Zone Shiny Nidoqueen Rocks!

Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians :3.

I'm currently fishing for the final leg of the shiny circuit. I am up to 1000 encounters so far, no shinies yet though. I have a feeling that I won't be finishing this part anytime soon, because I don't have any luck with fished shinies.

I'm also going to get back to SRing for shiny Palkia as well. I haven't touched it in nearly a week, hopefully it'll pop up sometime in the near future.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.
    Latest Shinies - Black2:

47849 SRs!

Congrats to all new shinies, and good luck to those still searching.

Anyway, I hit a gaming slump a few days back, and couldn't really bring myself to chain or anything. But now I'm out of it, with a few targets in mind:

Teddiursa (Chaining right now)
    Any of the bug Pokemon in the Pattern Bush (FR)
    Charmander (LG)
    Any of the underwater Pokemon in Ruby (Not to be copying The King of Ho-oh's, I just want a random shiny)
    Lapras (Kinda. I'm trying the Masuda Method on Plat)

There's also Minun, Lunatone, Zangoose and Seviper. I'll also chain those. But Teddiursa's kinda my top target atm. That's cause Ursaring was my very first wild Shiny on Gold, which had died a few years back.

What was your first captured shiny (outside of the 2nd Gen), and the story behind it.

Oh man, get ready...

So it was the week FR/LG came out. Our area was being hit by tons of rain due to the remains of a hurricane from a different part of the US. I had managed to convince my parents to get the games (I pre-ordered both), and was just so ecstatic when I got them. I was playing FR, training mah Pikachu on Pidgey, when my first shiny showed up - Scout (the Pidgeot). I was very happy, but realized a bit of a problem. Pika could one-shot it, and most of my other Pokemon were too strong. So I swapped Pika with Caterpie. I don't remember if the Pidgey had gust (It was the route right before Viridian Forest), but I thought it did and knew I was taking a big risk. Anyway, I caught it. Scout unfortunately went by a different name for a while until I reached Lavender - 'SHINY!!!!!!'.

Of course, the next day, I got my first shiny Zubat...But that's a different story, and I won't bore you with it.
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

My first shiny was Shiny Groudon, no SRing involved, on Ruby, before i knew about shinies.

I knew about different coloured pokemon from crystal(Red Gyarados), but didn't know how rare it was, and i always thought that the "Red Gyarados" was a one off palate change, i didn't realise that any pokemon could be shiny.

Anyway.

I had been playing non-stop since i bought Pokemon Ruby. I was just playing through the game as normal, battling any pokemon i encountered, and i finally reached the 8th gym. I had to get past the side-quest first, so off i go to capture Groudon.

I go straight through without any battles(thx to MR's), and i go right into battle against Groudon, i look down and *bling-bling*, its a puke green/golden colour.

Now, i knew nothing about shinies at this point so i procede to capture it anyway. Then a few months later, i'm playing Ruby at my secondary school, and a friend of mine who also plays pokemon is watching me battle with this groudon, anyway, he approaches me after school asking if i still had the groudon he had seen him earlier that day, as he knew why it was that colour.

I said "No, I restarted the file". This was when he told me about shinies and their odds.

You live and you learn. Of course not all was lost. 2 years later after just 6-7 days of SRing, shiny groudon showed up again(in the same Ruby game/different file) after around 180 SR's.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 1st July 2009 at 3:05 PM.

Ruby version. My Secret Base at the time was between Fortree and Lilycove. You know, it's that bush in front of that place where you find Registeel. There's a hidden Kecleon right next to the entrance, loamy soil right in front, a little pond.... Anyway, I was going there from Fortree. Now, excluding the possibility of cutting grass, there is only one tile of grass that you absolutely must pass through between Fortree and that secret base. Everything else is avoidable. I stepped into that one tile and a wild Pokemon appeared. I was all "Of course. The one unavoidable patch of grass and I-" I stopped there because the Zigzagoon I had just found had red fur where it should've been brown. One Ultra Ball later and it was MINE!

Still no luck with Abra. I'm not even counting the SRs, in case any of you were wondering.

Oh, and I'm changing my 4th leg target to Chimchar with Heat Wave.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Well mine was kricketune in my first diamond. I was playing at the store where i go for the Pokemon TCG tourney's. It was league day (practicing your decks) and as always i was a little to early. I was playing i knew about shiny's so when the yellow krick came up my screen i was like wooow a shiny. Caught it (dont remember how many balls i used).

Nothing on the Kyogre, going to start prepration the food now. Will be doing some more Diglett encouters later on and srs for Kygore.

My first shiny Pokemon outside of the second generation is a shiny Wingull. I remeber that I caught it in the water right in front of Team Magma's Base on my Ruby version. I caught it in 2004. I didn't know about shinies at the time, but I remember thinking "Hey, is that Wingull green? That's pretty cool. I think I'll catch it." It took a couple of Ultra Balls. And I still have it today (though it's a Pelipper now). It might not be the best looking shiny, but I still value it because of the sheer luck I must've had to actually run into a shiny, then not be naive enough to kill it.

Double hunting for Giratina and a random shiny in FR currently. I'm at 8556 SRs for Giratina and approximately 2135 encounters on FR. I really should random encounter more, you can find Pokemon so quickly using this mehtod!

Good luck, everyone.
    Last edited by ShinyFufu; 1st July 2009 at 3:50 PM.

Page 11 of 421 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast