Page 3 of 421 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Pokemon Club

Wow, three pages already?

I *Murkrow hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

*Nods* Resident shiny bird addi.... fan present. Rejoining because I like the community feel and it's fun.

I've EV trained my Rayquaza and am levelling him up in Sky Tower now, though I have been reminded of why I didn't get many L100's in my previous file. Stupid, low-EXP giving Mawile and their time-wasting Intimidate. Once I've got Ray' to L100 I might just put Ruby away until I can Pal Park to Platinum.

In the mean-time, I'm thinking of booting Emerald up again. RNGing the last three birds I needed was fine when I was intending to quit shiny hunting but they're bugging me now. Getting a SR'able shiny file could allow me to get Torchic and hopefully Taillow. I want to keep as far away from breeding as possible so I guess I'd just reset for Piplup on Platinum. Still up in the air at the moment, though.

Congrats on the Skorupi and good luck on the hunts!

I am chaining a wild Eevee.
    Wish me luck!!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/9zrkg7.png[/IMG]
    We won't stop searching.We won't give up.Johto;Here We Come!

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonMaster View Post
    I am chaining a wild Eevee.
    Wish me luck!!
    I have tried soo many times and failed miserably :S. This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes .

Credit to junpearl63

I decided to switch my target in Ruby to Duskull, and switch back to Tropius after the E4. It makes sense since I am in the Mt Pyre area anyways, plus it'll be good to level up my team before I face Tate and Liza.

Good luck to all ^^

Also, Day 20 for Uxie and still nothing..it might as well take another week considering my recent luck X.x I really hope it doesn't though >>'

Quote Originally Posted by PokeShinyHuntJack View Post
    This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes .
    When I was SR'ing for Drifloon last year I was marking every SR down on a bit of paper but I'm currently fishing for a shiny dratini/gyrados and I'm counting by how many I do by the hour. I worked out I fish out an average of 3 pokes a minute and just worked it out from there, so my encounter number is always going to be approximated!

Currently at approx. 11,160 encounters and still going, so hope it shines soon so I can move onto chaining my 2nd leg shiny
    Credit to BlazingFury for my userbar =3

Most recent shiny:

[HATCHED JUNE 7TH 2011 - 22 EGGS!]

Hunting:

Quote Originally Posted by redpixie View Post
    When I was SR'ing for Drifloon last year I was marking every SR down on a bit of paper but I'm currently fishing for a shiny dratini/gyrados and I'm counting by how many I do by the hour. I worked out I fish out an average of 3 pokes a minute and just worked it out from there, so my encounter number is always going to be approximated!

Currently at approx. 11,160 encounters and still going, so hope it shines soon so I can move onto chaining my 2nd leg shiny
    Ah.. cool and thanks im fishing for gyrados/seaking at the moment but im way to far into it to count that now lol..I might try that marking every sr, just like a tally or something? Good luck on your hunts.
    Last edited by PokeShinyHuntJack; 25th June 2009 at 9:23 PM.

Credit to junpearl63

Quote Originally Posted by PokeShinyHuntJack View Post
    I have tried soo many times and failed miserably :S. This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes .
    Indeed counting per minute is best. For the eggs you could go for full boxes of eggs then hatch them and put them back, when you got one box full of them then you can release them and name the box 01 (or 30) then continue and after another full box name it 02 (or 60) and so on thats a way you can remember how many boxes/pokémons you've hacted. Random encounters can be counted trough the attacks you do. For example if your pokémon has 4 attacks (that do damage and would kill the wild pokémon) each of 15 PP then the total would be 60 PP keep battling until you only have 2 or 3 pp left then battle at the edge of the grass (or have a pokémon whit teleport/fly/dig then this step would not be nessesary) until all of the pp are used (then you could go for the next pokémon whit like 80 pp in total) and then when you get to the pokémon center count te total of ALL your pokémons PP used and you have the right amount of encounters. I would recommen this only for moves that kill the other pokémon in an instance and moves that work 100% if you miss one move write it down or let your pokémon use struggle once. Thats how i do it. (i hope you understand all of this gibrish)

Ok what i've done is sring for my giratina-o. I'm not counting how many cause i'm watching numbers and sometimes i need to listen closly what they say (i'm not engrish ) and then i stop sring for a while so it would not be accurate. I can say that i've done more than 1000 by now as i mostly watch 3-4 episodes a day and do around 50-100 an episode.

Anyways good luck to all, oh and S_D congrats on the skopuri it's on my to do list somewhere .

RG: Do you have any pictures of your shinies? You have some really nice ones, and I'm sure everyone in the club would appreciate them!

Scorpy: As long as Poochyena's encounter rate is 25% or lower, you can use that for your first leg. Also, leg two is fine; torrential rain counts as excessive weather to me.

Edit: Oh, good news. My cousin is giving me a Sapphire version to use! There's nothing on it, so I reset the game, and I got the ID 12222. I'm soft resetting for a shiny Treecko on it, and I will change my ID weekly. After Treecko, I plan on SRing for Anorith, another shiny Kyogre, then another shiny Latios with the Eon Ticket. Perhaps I'll go for Castform, Regice, Regirock, and Rayquaza afterwards, but I can't promise anything.

I'm also at 2383 SRs for Giratina.

Good luck, everyone.
    Last edited by ShinyFufu; 25th June 2009 at 9:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    RG: Do you have any pictures of your shinies? You have some really nice ones, and I'm sure everyone in the club would appreciate them!

Scorpy: As long as Poochyena's encounter rate is 25% or lower, you can use that for your first leg. Also, leg two is fine; torrential rain counts as excessive weather to me.

Edit: Oh, good news. My cousin is giving me a Sapphire version to use! There's nothing on it, so I reset the game, and I got the ID 12222. I'm soft resetting for a shiny Treecko on it, and I will change my ID weekly. After Treecko, I plan on SRing for Anorith, another shiny Kyogre, then another shiny Latios with the Eon Ticket. Perhaps I'll go for Castform, Regice, Regirock, and Rayquaza afterwards, but I can't promise anything.

I'm also at 2383 SRs for Giratina.

Good luck, everyone.
    I have way too many targets at the moment and kyogre is one of them . Once i get to that part in the game im gonna sr for it and good luck with your shinies and the club fufu!

Credit to junpearl63

Blah, okay. I kind of don't see the point of counting SR'd shinies until the very end, though...

I'm up to 1000 SR's on Torchic. Getting kind of bored now, need some motivation ><

Oh yeah, and I'm going to sign up for the Hoenn Tour.
    Current SR Target: (2201 SR's)
    in Sapphire.

I mrrrrrrr KENNEDY hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Want to re-apply because I love shiny hunting and finding shinies. Need I say more?

Glad the club is back but in it's absence I have had no luck with any shinies. I have been hunting both Dialga and Moltres for the 3rd leg of the circuit. I prefer hunting Moltres due to how much faster the SR's are .

Congrats on new shinies and good luck all.

Credit to Arkreis and $Suicune$ (Sorry couldn't get the funky symbols in your name ).

Twinned with the Awesome ScorpionX

Bad news guys!My chain broke at 39!!!
    Can you believe it?!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/9zrkg7.png[/IMG]
    We won't stop searching.We won't give up.Johto;Here We Come!

Can you believe it?!
    Can you please put a bit more information in your posts?

Glad to see the club is back. Hopefully your re-creation of the club will do good, Fufu.

I'm up to 1000 SR's on Torchic. Getting kind of bored now, need some motivation ><
    I can offer motivational pictures.

Shiny Torchic 1, profile pic

Shiny Torchic 2, from Ruby

Shiny Torchic 3, in Emerald... bright picture. Sorry.

... I like collecting shiny Hoenn starters. ^^;

Still hatching Totodile. I was at 1730 eggies the last time I checked. Now I'm only going to check every 99,999 steps (and be dissapointed at how little I can hatch in that time, probably...)

I also did a few Sr for shiny Kyogre (... number two. I keep hunting for multiple copies of shinies. I don't know why. O.o )

Could be both. You never know until you find another shiny, then you can obviously tell if it is an RNG clone. As for me, I have an Emerald version that yielded me my first 3 shinies and it wasn't a lucky file, they weren't RNG clones either.
    Well, technically speaking, every shiny in Emerald could be considered to be an RNG clone, since it's perfectly possible for you to start a random battle (or SR) and find that same shiny frame again, which would load up an identical shiny with the same nature/IV's. It is quite lucky that you've managed to find three different shiny frames though.

People should stop calling them "lucky" Emerald files, too (yes, I know I'm guilty of it as well). A "lucky" Emerald file is simply a file that has a shiny frame close enough to the start of the game (IE: from the time you SR) so that you can SR for a shiny (if your firstr shiny frame is at, say, 15 seconds rather than 2 minutes, it's much easier to SR for shinies; seeing as you'd have to wait 2 minutes before every SR...)
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 26th June 2009 at 1:11 AM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Can you believe it?!
    Actually yeah i can. lol

"39" breaks were basically the reason why i stopped trying to get to 40 in order to reset. For the past 3 pokemon i've chained, i've stopped the chain at 37 and then reset the radar from there, it was so much easier, and didn't make me pull my hair out due to a "39" break.

Still no hunts here, but that should be remedied tomorrow afternoon(only need one more Jirachi, already got 24/25 natures), when i'll be starting my chaining efforts for Gligar and Scyther, afterall both their shiny evo forms totally own any other shiny form(capable of FSing).

My god Helio, overkill and jealousy come to mind looking at those torchic. I've got one myself(on my sapphire), but damn to have 3 of them, tell me did you evolve the other two, or did you keep all 3 in the better shiny form(which is Torchic).

OK, the Tyrogue chaining is going the same as it always does for me. Very badly. But I'm not giving up yet! I wanna get somewhere in this shiny circuit!

But if my bad luck continues, I may switch my target for the first leg to Slowpoke.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I Zera hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Nice to see this back,

Since its been gone, i think the last shiny i had was budew, i did manage to get my hands on the event pichu, i haven't gotten the game back, i had to send it on its way with a friend of mine who does a lot of business in japan and the neighboring countries. who knows when it'll get its way back to me. :'(

~ : : ~

- Shiny Hunter -
    Most Recent: [Radar, Plt][Random, SS] [SR, SS] [SR, SS]

So, I finally decided to buy an e-reader for the one card I own for it: the eon ticket. I already used this ticket once in my Ruby to get my Latias, my question is can I scan it a second time (or infinite times for that matter) on other games so I can SR for lati@s? (I've already record swapped it to emerald)

Good luck everyone!

NPD, you can scan it an infinite amount of times.

Zera, you're in. Welcome back!

2706 SRs for Giratina. From a YouTube video I watched, I got the idea to tape down the L and R buttons on my DS Lite. As a result, I can now easily SR with one hand (I can SR on the DS Lite with one hand using just my right hand, but this requires my hand to be oddly positioned). I also did some SRs for Treecko, but as of right now, it is my least desired target.

Just started hatching for a shiny Treecko earlier and I've also been hunting Starly while hatching. If I can hunt down my old camera ShinyFufu I'll try to get some pics up by the end of next week, were there any specific ones you wanted to see?

I, Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I would like to join. I have actually been reading this club for awhile, and the other day I came here with intentions to join, only to discover that the thread had just been closed. I'm glad that it's back up though. I love Shiny Hunting, I only have 4 shinies though (I haven't beaten D/P/Pt yet so no chaining). I have a Zigzagoon, Shuppet, Zubat from random encounter, and a Clefairy that I just got Monday from sring in the game corner. I was quite excited, it was my first shiny in 4 years. ^^;

I think I would like to participate in the Hoen Tour, I have been hunting a shiny Numel anyway. Then I'll go after Spinda.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God...
    Repost this in your signature if you are one of the 2% who will!
    Credit for the banner goes to Scenice.

Proud member of:

Dangit, Heliotrope.
    -jealousy-

Ah, just SR'd another 100 times, but I'm definitely motivated now.. xD
    Shine, Torchic!
    Current SR Target: (2201 SR's)
    in Sapphire.

Guys this thread was infamous for report abuse SO do not let that happen again. This WILL be closed if that happens again.

This is a warning since I know of past events of the predecessor of this thread.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Oh happy day I was sweet scenting for a shiny clamperl. After about 400 encounters a shiny Chinchou appeared! I'm really excited this is my first shiny on Sapphire in all of my years of playing it. I couldn't remember if underwater pokemon could flee so I just used my masterball (matches the evo shiny anyway) stats are as follows:

Chinchou
    Lv. 23
    Female
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Nature: Docile

IVs:
    HP: 17
    Atk: 21
    Def: 13
    Sp.Atk: 29 (not bad at ALL!)
    Sp.Def: 7 (that hurts)
    Spd: 11

So that's my first shiny for the Hoenn Tour. I'm off to find that sneaky shiny clamperl now. Good luck everyone

Congrats on the shiny Chinchou, TKoH! Random encounters are awesoem, aren't they? Shiny Lanturn looks cool, too.

I'm trying to pull an all-nighter. I've been soft resetting for Giratina the whole time; it's almost 6 AM where I live. O_o SR total is 3402, not including the 100 or so soft resets I did before I officially started counting.

Well, RG, I'd definitely like to see some of your rarer shineis. You know, unique shinies. Specifically, I'd like to see shiny Cloyster, Meganium, Swalot, Tropius, Primape, Octillery, Whiscash, and Armaldo. Preferably in the games you caught them in, too.

To everyone that requested to join, I welcome you! Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky, would you happen to have a picture of your shiny Clefairy? I happen to be SRing for one, but I could use some motivation...

Good luck, everyone.

Page 3 of 421 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast