Page 5 of 421 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shiny Pokemon Club

Lol Profile, I think I agree with your theory. There has never been a time when I was thinking "I'm probably going to get shiny ____ soon" and it just showed up. Usually I'm not even thinking about the shiny, I'm just mindlessly SRing and then it appears. ^_^
    Back in March 2008 I was SR'ing for shiny Regice. I did a few weeks of SR'ing on Ruby 1, and then one day I picked up Ruby 2 and thought "hey, I haven't done any SR at all for shiny Regice in this game yet - maybe it'll appear quickly."

... 7 SR later a shiny Regice appeared O_o

I wish that would happen more often.

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?

I remember SR'ing for shiny Moltres/Torchic while we were visiting my mother in hospital (while in the waiting room, that is - not in the actual ward). And I always bring my DS/GBA with me when we go and visit her grave. Though I've yet to have a shiny encounter in the grave yard...
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 27th June 2009 at 12:51 AM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Congrats on the random Ryhorn MM!

I'm doing no more fishing tonight, my thumbs are starting to ache from holding the ds lol up to 12,420 approx. encounters now, I never expected it to take this long!

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?

I think the only relatively strange place I've hunted for shinies was when I used to chain/SR for Drifloon at college. I'd either be sat on the floor in the corridor doing it, or even SR'ing in some of my lectures under the table :P no idea what I would have done if the shiny had shown up then!
    Credit to BlazingFury for my userbar =3

Most recent shiny:

[HATCHED JUNE 7TH 2011 - 22 EGGS!]

Hunting:

Well, there was that one time I was visiting my grandmother in the hospital (minor thing, she's fine now, it was long ago).... I was SRing for Latias on Southern Island on Ruby. Then there was that hotel in South Dakota at 2:00 in the morning. I was looking for shiny Minun, but that was where and when I found my shiny Wingull, as veteran members of this club may recall.

Roughly an hour until I find opportunity to chain Cacturne. And even then, I gotta buy more Max Repels. That Tyrogue chain last night, as well as this morning's feeble attempts have all but dried up my stock.

And still no news on my cousin and Ruby version. Once I get it back, I will enter the Hoenn shiny tour.

Oh, and on the subject of the tour, what if you find a shiny that's SRable for, but you weren't intentionally SRing for it? Say you were SRing for an Adamant Mudkip for your starter but got a shiny one first, would that count? Or if you just picked the wrong Pokeball in New Mauville that turned out to be a shiny Voltorb?
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 27th June 2009 at 2:06 AM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

M.M, if that were to happen, then it would count as a random shiny. It wasn't intentionally SR'd for after all.

I've noticed something funny about Giratina-O. In battle, there is no shadow under its sprite. However, if you throw any PokeBall at it, and Giratina breaks out, there will be a circle shadow under the sprite. Odd, huh?

Good luck, everyone.
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

Congrats MM on your shiny Ryhorn!

I've hunted while at the dentist before. Not just in the waiting room but while they were working on my teeth. I don't know what I would have done if a shiny poped up while I was at the dentist. I've also hunted at my Aunt and Nana's multiple times.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    But then there's all those times that everyone's had - Shinies are the farthest thing from their minds, and BOOM one shows up. (Or in my case, you're pretending to be chased by a specific shiny, and BOOM that shiny shows.)
    I know what you mean. With my newest shiny I was getting tired and it became more about leveling up my Marshtomp so I could beat the E4 and then boom two sweet scents later: Shiny Chinchou.

I'm continuing my underwater Shiny hunt on Sapphire (curse you clamperl), and using the M Method on Diamond to try and hatch a shiny Relicanth. However Shiny Tropius is starting to call me......

I have way too many targets :P

Congrats your new shiny MM

I'm not sure I think it would be my road trip down to South Carolina last December (and the stay at the hotel). I was SRing for a shiny Cranidos. No shiny but I did get an Adamant Cranidos with perfect IV's in Attack and Defense so I stopped.

Congrats MM on shiny ryhorn!

I've also got great news. It was about 10:30PM last night when i was hatching shinxs but i decided to switch my target to false swipe/seedbomb shroomishs, and i was breeding with a good IVed one too. So i started breeding them while i was watching the NRL when i glance down and see a red shroomish on my 9th egg hatched for shroomishs, OMG i was so excited it showed up that fast, i mean i expected to be hatching for a few weeks lol. I'm going to train this one into a spore/false swiping, shiny catcher!

here's the video please rate!
    SHINY!

Now i move onto ruby to start the shiny tour (after i finish training shroomish of course) and i'm sweet scenting at route 215 where you find tailow, swellow, swablu, jigglypuff(so badly want a shiny one and something else i think (can't remember :P)

Goodluck everyone!

3DS FC: 2079 7205 0738

I totally agree with your theory Profile, a good example would be when I got my Shiny Clefairy. It was thunder storming, and the power was out, so I decided to pick up my SP and try sring for Clefairy for the first time in like a month. I was buying them 5 at a time, and nothing happened in the first sr. I was like "This is so hopeless." I decided to do one last sr before laying down for a nap, and there was Shiny Clefairy, sitting in the third spot in my party. ^-^

Every day for the past week I have been hunting Shiny Numel in my behind the wheel Driver's Ed. class, when I'm not driving (obviously, lol). Nobody has said anything though.
    Last edited by Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky; 27th June 2009 at 5:12 AM.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God...
    Repost this in your signature if you are one of the 2% who will!
    Credit for the banner goes to Scenice.

Proud member of:

Congratulations on your shiny Shroomish, VTush, it looks niceeeee. I'll have to breed for one myself some time in the future. I must say, though, I'm jealous that you hatched it so quickly; I was at 554 eggs for Riolu before I went on my current Shiny Giratina-O huntly only excursion, and not one shiny egg.

And I think you mean Route 115 because I'm hunting for a shiny Jigglypuff there as well. The other Pokemon you can find is Wingull. I HOPE I GET ANOTHER SHINY WINGULL FROM THAT ROUTE, LOL (reverse psychology for the shiny Gods )

I PkmnHu hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

YAY the group is back! i have people to talk to that actualy understand shinies value
    My shiny pkmn vids and guide-->http://www.youtube.com/user/PkmnHu

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnHu View Post
    I PkmnHu hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

YAY the group is back! i have people to talk to that actualy understand shinies value
    Welcome to the club! ^-^
    98% of teens won't stand up for God...
    Repost this in your signature if you are one of the 2% who will!
    Credit for the banner goes to Scenice.

Proud member of:

thanx, see recently i was chaining Eevee and i got my chain to 39!!!!!!but it broke...

i was hatching totodile but now that the cicuit is back ima go chain me some snorunt after i hatch these next 5 eggs.

Hey everyone, nothing new to report unfortunately. Spent the whole day SR'ing for mudkip as usual. I did some estimations just now, and based on the fact that I can do 3 resets a minute, and I usually spend 8 solid hours a day SR'ing, that means I can do about 1,440 resets in one day. It's probably a little less than that because 8 straight hours of SR'ing seems like a little much. O_O

Fufu, if your theory on reverse psychology is correct, THAN I WILL NOT A SHINY MUDKIP RIGHT NOW. (I hope that works)

Eh, I can't really think of anywhere crazy I reset. I do SR everywhere for the most part; the car, restaurants, friends houses, but nowhere outrageous, as far as I can remember. If I think of something better, I'll let you know. ^^'

Good luck everyone!

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?-
    Umm idk probly in the car (uber hard to chain) or at church (plz God dont strike me)

Im back in the frozen bitter area hunting for Snorunt or Medicham, havent found either yet but hopefully soon

Oh BTW gratz on the shiny shroomish VTUSH
    Last edited by PkmnHu; 27th June 2009 at 6:16 AM.

Probably attempting to chain in the car, with Diamond. Impossible to see grass tiles, much? Broke my 41 Larvitar chain almost instantly~
    Tried on Plat, not as hard. I have yet tried to chain in the desert in the car... D:

I'm getting so fed up in my hunt. I want my shiny so bad, and I hoped that I would have found my shiny much sooner than it's been (since my previous 2 hunts shone before 6000). I really hope a shiny pops up soon, and a Illumise or Roselia specifically. D:

Congrats on the Shroomish, too! I need to keep at hatching my Horsea eggs...
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

Probably when i went out to dinner with my girlfriend. Just kept on going to the toilet with my machop chain at 40. Reseted it then shiny patch!! My girlfriend wondered where i had been.
    Still no luck with tyrogue chain.
    EDIT: My tyrogue chain broke at 13 again and i apparently went out of range in the grass in like the the smallest grass patch ever in your opinions guys and girls.. What is the easiest pokemon to chain thats got an under 25% appearance rate lol?
    Last edited by PokeShinyHuntJack; 27th June 2009 at 8:37 AM.

Credit to junpearl63

Pffft. They're all hard to chain.

Last night, I tried to chain Cacturne, but found Cacnea instead. I figured, what the hell, and chained them instead. At 31, a Cacturne broke the chain.

I'll try chaining them again. Actually, I'm changing my target to Cacnea, because they're relatively easier to chain. At least they didn't KO my Modest shiny Espeon synchronizer with Sucker Punch. Well, even with the Cacturne, it took a lot of Sucker Punches.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Niagara Falls on a really bright summer day with the old GBA (no backlight). Who does that? Spectacular view of the Falls, tons of people walking around, and I picked this place to SR randomly instead of taking in the scenary. I could barely even see the gba screen because of the sun's brightness, and I couldn't hear it because of the people and Falls lol. Paid off big time though. Registeel ftw! My 1st 3rd gen shiny too.

Nothing new yet. Dunsparce isn't being pink and I think piplup is a lie, doesn't exist in shiny form. Should probably just go back to Hoenn hunting as that's where my recent luck has been lately... underwater is sounding nice, congrats to whoever got that shiny chinchou.
    Current 1/8192 Shinies: 57
    Latest: CHIKORITA SR; Soul Silver
    Sig under Maintenance

Looking for someone who can make me a nice shiny banner/sig :P

Quote Originally Posted by PokeShinyHuntJack View Post
    in your opinions guys and girls.. What is the easiest pokemon to chain thats got an under 25% appearance rate lol?
    Well, PokeRadar wise, you can probably get Venonat/Venomoth, Mareep/Flaafy, Nincada, and Aron a little easier if you have Pokemon with a specific ability (Swarm, Static, and Magnet Pull). There are a few more abilities that help with not a specific type, but Pokemon in general (Like Sticky Hold can help make it easier to catch Pokemon while fishing, but that's in Emerald and I don't know if it does the same in D/P/Pt).

As for Non-PokeRadar Pokemon, once again the abilities that attract a certain type can help. But I really don't know what Pokemon is easier to chain that has a low chance of appearing.
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

I think one of the oddest places I've shiny hunted was when I was on a boat . I was coming back from vacation, and we were on a ferry crossing the St. Lawrence river, so I whipped out my DS and started to play Emerald. A few minutes later, a shiny Torchic graced my screen ^^.

Well I haven't touched my games all that much. I was quite busy the past few days trying to get ready for vacation. I'll most likely be SRing for shiny Palkia while I am away, and hopefully it'll shine fairly soon. I'm also going to get back to the final leg of the shiny circuit and fish for shiny Poliwag(I'll take Magikarp/Goldeen if they appear ^^). I really hope that it is a Poliwag that shines, so I can get revenge on the one deleted in Crystal.

Congrats to new shinies everyone. I'll try to post every once in a while, depending on when I can get Internet access.
    Latest Shinies - Black2:

47849 SRs!

I hope you have an excellent time on your vacation, S_D.

In my opinion, PSHJ's situation is the most awkward to time to go shiny hunting, lol. Did you ever get that shiny Machop?

D_S, about Piplup's shiny form, that's so so true, lol. It's part of the reason why I switched to Turtwig!

Profile, I'm pretty sure that the ability Swarm has no effect on chaining whatsoever, unless hearing the cries of wild Pokemon in the overworld is beneficial to chaining...

4641 SRs for Giratina now. I just woke up, and I'm feeling refreshed. I woke up kinda late today, however, so I doubt I'll be able to get my usual 1000+ SRs in. Oh, and I'm finally returning home today, so I will be able to hunt for Jiggs on Ruby and Meowth on LG once again. ^_^

Good luck, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    Profile, I'm pretty sure that the ability Swarm has no effect on chaining whatsoever, unless hearing the cries of wild Pokemon in the overworld is beneficial to chaining...
    Are you sure? I could've sworn Swarm increases the chances of getting a Bug-type. I even got my shiny Weedle by using one of my shiny Ledian, who had Swarm. And I never heard any Pokemon cries in the overworld in Pearl.

Also, if Melee! Pokemon Scramble becomes available for us, will the discussion of shinies in there count?
    DeviantArt
    [img]http://i53.*******.com/210lmc0.png[/img]
    Thank you Zabi for the epic pic! (Click to see all, and I mean, ALL, of my shinies!)
    Claimed: Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean EX, and Axl from the Megaman X series!

Yup, shiny discussion of Melee! Pokemon Scramble is acceptable here as well.

And Swarm's effect is analogous to stuff like Torrent and Blaze: the power of Bug type moves raises by 1.5 when the Pokemon's HP falls below 1/3 of the maximum. The overworld effect, like I said, merely increases how often wild Pokemon cries are heard. At least that's what the site's AbiliDex says.

Swarm does increase the number of encounters you get, however it is not specific to bug-types, checked on bulbapedia.

I've hatched 35 horsea eggs today, no shiny but its very early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Steelix View Post
    Nothing new yet. Dunsparce isn't being pink and I think piplup is a lie, doesn't exist in shiny form. Should probably just go back to Hoenn hunting as that's where my recent luck has been lately... underwater is sounding nice, congrats to whoever got that shiny chinchou.
    Piplup is not a lie, just don't give up. I have some motivation from my Platinum if you'd like ^^ And if you can excuse my random talking >__>"

Congrats on the latest shinies everyone ^^ Day 22 today and should reach ~30k by the end of the day for Uxie. I won't be hunting for Duskull today, because I want Uxie to shine before I go on vacation on Monday.

Good luck to all ^^

Page 5 of 421 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast