Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

Oh so now a Blissey is used again. Finally.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Squaaah View Post
    There was a Sinnoh map at the end. Could someone please tell me if it was pointing to Sunnyshore or not? I couldn't tell from the pik I saw.
    Given Dawn's reaction, it was the location for the next contest.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

When is Jessie going to learn? YOU DON'T NEED GLASSES IN EVERY DISGUISE YOU DO!
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Thoughts on this episode. Posted as I think them.

-Wow, I didn't think Ash's Pokemon got torn up that badly.
    -And Ash looks really ****** about his loss.
    -Team Rocket's construction talents never fail to impress me. If only they'd put their mind to something constructive.
    -Ash contemplates his fight, probably to see where he went wrong.
    -Croagunk threatens to *****slap Brock if he doesn't cut out his antics. Pimp.
    -Wonder why Monferno's the one most hurt? I'd think Buizel, or especially Pikachu, would've been more trashed.
    -Well, they seem to all have recovered well. I'm glad Monferno isn't as ugly as I originally feared.
    -Another recap of the last episode, this one going over each loss.
    -Wow, Ash is more distraught than I thought. I wonder if he's really trying to hide it or if I'm just misinterpreting what he's acting.
    -Aww, how touching. Even though they lost, you really can feel the friendship between Ash and his Pokemon.
    -Gliscor has apparently mastered the ability to levitate.
    -Lots of talking... can't understand a single thing they're saying. Curse my lack of understanding of all languages.
    -I'm ashamed of myself. I actually laughed at Mamoswine's expression. I'll admit, it caught me completely offguard.
    -I just realized that the entire Chansey line is present. For some reason, I'm always reminded of Sailor Moon when I see Blissey.

EDIT: And apparently I hit post by accident. Continuing;
    -Team Rocket scares me :x
    -And I say slowly, W T F
    -And... they stand there and let Team Rocket say their motto. Why?
    -Buizel clears the haze... wouldn't Staraptor have been better? Or couldn't they have just... run forward? See, Ash, tihs is the kind of thing that loses you battles.
    -Big heads... scary... I really don't like when they do this.
    -And Ash and his Pokemon are like 'We're still here, guys'
    -You'd think throwing all those attacks would cause more injury to some of Ash's Pokemon. I don't know about you, but running into a Flamethrower would be painful.

Very bizarre episode.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 25th June 2009 at 8:17 PM.

Episode was awesome. Ash got his confidence back and it was nice seeing all of Dawn's Pokemon and Dawn cheer Ash and his Pokemon up. Mamo's expression was funny, Buneary, Pachi, and Piplup looked so cute! Awesome episode! 10/10

I think Ambipom will return; they updated the opening with Monferno but Ambipom is still there! :O

Strange episode, I love the pictures of the Pok&#233;mon which were posted here, especially Staraptor.
    And this was only the second time in the anime a Nurse Joy is seen with a Blissey. Probably a HG/SS reference.

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Why was Ambipom not removed? Is it going to cause problems in the opening? Or is Amby going to come back temporarily for the GF?

I also took that Buizel pic, threw it in Photoshop and made it not ugly anymore.

It's sad that useless, unnecessary markings under its eyes made it the ugliest Pokemon there will ever be.
    Ugly? I think the marks are cool. In that picture it kind of looks like warpaint. As for what they are I think they're his whiskers. Since its based off of a sea otter, those marks are biologically acceptable and accurate. I don't know where ugly came from...?

I enjoyed this episode thouroghly i must say<<<prob spelt that wrong lol

The pokemon wear their wounds of war .....signs of a good battle fought

Go Brock you knowledgable man you lol

I'm liking the whole ash contemplating thing most people would if they lost so severely

Love it when they all jump on ash just like the old days

Team Rocket strike at an actual good time

Pretty obvious seviper is now just a weezing guy lol

Decent battle with them

The end when ash and his pokemon all pose is just epic!!!!

Finally Dawns next contest revelead

But where they pointed at like mt coronet or something???? dig out here plz guys

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Whiskers on sea otters (which are equally as ugly as Buizel) are not that thick.

Mark my words

Of course Brock has to be the one to see the Legendary Pokemon with its eyes constantly shut.

And those hi-quality close-ups are just begging to be in a signature.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Michael Jackson is dead. Holy ****ing ****...oh wait, wrong thread.

A "recovery" episode after the Shinji beatdown was necessary methinks, especially to serve as a breather after so much action. Yet I can't help but feel Yuxie's debut could have been handled differently, especially since it now seems we will see no Galactic involvement with the lakes. Ah well, being a battle-light episode means that I can steal Juputoru's bullet-point thunder and force her to make comments actually relevant to the episode.

- Uxie awakens at the bottom of the lake. I seriously do hope this turns into a Loch Ness story.
    - It's a Blissey! I sure as hell wouldn't be nursing if I had that much freaking HP. I'd be living a little!
    - How to save the most money on your animation budget? Make flashbacks as long as possible!
    - So we get a B-plot involving cute Pokemon making funny faces? Eh, there are way more shameless marketing schemes out there.
    - Hey look, it's Takeshi's annual appearance! He runs off to the lake and sees...UXIE!
    - I'm now wondering why I even watched last week's episode. After all, this episode is basically a clip show of last week's.
    - Ash is depressed, but apparently I'm wrong according to the fanbase, who considers this "emo". If you'll excuse me, I forgot to take my anti-emo pills this morning.
    - Okay, somebody make a GIF of Ash's face shot when he's being...umm...dogpiled by his Pokemon.
    - Come to think of it, a better GIF would be the very next shot. I really don't wanna know what (or who) Mukuhawk is doing there.
    - Ash is checking his Twitter - "just got groped by my pogeymanz RT@garyoak btw dawn smells"
    - I hope Mamoswine's face stays that way. I really do.
    - TR routine. I have no idea what they're doing, but you know what? I'm laughing at it.
    - Natsume generally gives us some weird art, but this is really absurd.
    - I hate to say it, but that was pretty badass for a Satoshi moment. Really does give you the idea that he's out for blood.

This episode was absolutely nothing like I expected (really, Uxie was talked about for all of what? 20 seconds?), but I suppose it was better than the Looker episode and it had some comical moments scattered throughout.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I am pretty disapponted in the "main" plot of this episode. It's called Uxie's shadow but uxie only appeared and was talked about for three minutes. Then Uxie isn't brought up for the rest of the episode. It would have been better to have another title for this episode and have Uxie still appear. Just like Mespirit appeared in the first ep of DP and Azelf appeared in the Wallace Cup ep.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Wow, Ash was such a big baby. So he loses to Paul, boo-hoo-hoo. He's lost battles so many times in his career. Out of all the battles he had with Gary, he only won one (and gee, I wonder how that happened? *Oh, I know! HE F*CKING USED HIS RESERVES!*).

Come on now, i thought he grew out of this silly feel sorry for yourself behavior years ago.

Mark my words

According to the preview, this ep has nothing to do with Uxies, shadows, and Brocks. But does that hold up in light of the actual ep? Let's find out! (and remember:Juputoru brand Bulletpoint Summaries have 20% more bullets and 50% less lead than S. Bulletpointkuns' summaries.)

-The first shot of the ep is...Uxie's "shadow." I think that qualifies as a "no."
    -Then it cuts to Ash's Pokemon, who are quite injured. Which makes sense given the royal asswhupping Paul gave them.
    -Oh hey, this Joy has a Blissey. Why? Because...who knows.
    -Blah blah Ash is in a funk about losing blah blah don't care.
    -Blah blah Team Rocket blah blah don't care.
    -Blah blah Ash is still in a funk blah blah still don't care.
    -Flashbacks to Ash's hilarious loss. In case you forgot why he's in a funk.
    -Piplup has a brilliant idea to cheer Ash up...make funny faces at him! Well, if it worked with Togepi back in the very first Pikachu short, it'll surely work with Ash!
    -Poor Ash's Pokemon. Left all alone with Nurse Joy, a random Happiny, and a piece of background scenery.
    -The scenery hits on Nurse Joy, but a completely random Croagunk stops it hilariously.
    -The background object goes to chat with its background tree friends, and stumbles upon a lake. This episode is positively riveting.
    -It's Uxie! Finally, Brock has someone to complain about being blind and forgettable with.
    -Ash is cheering up. I suppose I should appreciate the writers multitasking by making this both a "someone sees a pixie" episode AND a "Ash regains confidence after a loss" episode. Or something.
    -Ash learns that Brock sees spirits. Sadly, even if this was an established ability of Brock's he'd still do all of nothing in the show.
    -The flashbacks to last week's episode weren't enough? Don't worry, you're also getting flashbacks to the EXTREMELY IMPORTANT 3 second scenes where Ash and Dawn see their respective pixies!
    -Dawn's putting on a show. Zzz.
    -Okay, I'll admit that Mamoswine's 8P face got a chuckle out of me.
    -It's Team Rocket! And they're...making absolutely no sense! Yay!
    -Haha, Joy didn't realize that TR stealing Pikachu(and saying their motto) wasn't an act. You know, I bet the writers LOVED getting out of Kanto so they had an excuse to have AshnCo explain that TR IS BAD GUYS to people every episode. Really, they must have.
    -You know, as much as I jabber about these boring fillerish episodes, I still end up skipping about half of them. Nothing's really happening other than two generic plots we've seen played out time and time again...and that plot with Brock that got a whole two minutes of screentime. You know, for an episode titled UXIE'S SHADOW, you'd think Brock seeing UXIE'S SHADOW would get more attention paid to it. Then again, Brock.
    -Well, as boring as this ep was, at least it had awesome animation and facial expressions. Hopefully next week's ep isn't completely terrible either. Then we wait a couple weeks before we start getting into interesting episodes again! Yay. I think the several months of PLOTPLOTPLOTHILARIOUSFILLERATLEASTPLOTPLOT spoiled me.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

It wasn't JUST a loss. It was somebody he feels is wrong and knows is hurting others still getting the higher up of things when he doesn't deserve it. Like the school bully who's popular anyway while you try your best to be nice and end up sitting at a table alone. It's FRUSTRATING.

Anyways, man this episode was great. I can't believe I was ever worried about Chimchar's evolution. Monferno is ridiculously cute and hasn't changed a bit besides being more awesome. It was really neat seeing him lead that little cheer when he was feeling better. Ferny's really grown up and gained some confidence in himself. <3

Also, I feel bad, but when I first saw all the pokes sitting there hurt, I loled. It was just so pathetic looking. xD

One of the cutest episodes ever!

Ash and his pokemon bonding are all sorts of awwwwwwwww and it's really cute how much they believe in each other- and the pokemon bonding with each other too! Also, Ash's laugh is rather sweet- I forgot what his laughs sounded like...I'm normally pretty supportive of the dub, but I'm kind of dreading Sarah Natochenny doing this episode since her Ash!laughs...are still pretty bad orz

I loved Dawn and her pokemon's act - it was really sweet. The faces made in this episode are all sorts of awesome too. 8D

rofl and Ash proves he can't even stay depressed for a whole day- hell, he wasn't even depressed for more than ten minutes of the episode - I love how easily he bounces back from things like this.
    Last edited by Shinnie-tan; 26th June 2009 at 9:05 AM.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

I kinda like how everyone waved at Monferno when it waved at them ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Wow, Ash was such a big baby. So he loses to Paul, boo-hoo-hoo. He's lost battles so many times in his career. Out of all the battles he had with Gary, he only won one (and gee, I wonder how that happened? *Oh, I know! HE F*CKING USED HIS RESERVES!*).

Come on now, i thought he grew out of this silly feel sorry for yourself behavior years ago.
    ...wait, what. He spent...10 minutes of the episode being "broody" and most of that "broody" time was spent going over his battle with Paul, trying to figure out what he did wrong in the battle. And he got over it as soon as his Pokemon appeared in front of him and not so dead-lookin' anymore.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

^ yup. Not to mention that the episode didn't much to deal with Uxie. And for those who were happy that Brock got to do something, well he basically did his three and a half mintues of doing something, other than just standing there and poping up for the insert random female - crogunk segment. Grant it that some of the brock and crogunk segments are funny but it is rare to stumble on a couple of those segment in a row.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Well, now that Brock has seen Uxie, it's time for the three to split, just like how Lucas, Dawn and Jun did in the games. God forbid Ash travels by himself though.

Mark my words

^ here's hoping that Brock gets lost on the way to lake acuity and doesn't come back.
    And Ash has travel by himself if only for a short time. After Johto he traveled back home and then to Hoenn. Remeber the epsiode where pikachu and Meowth get lost on that island before Ash made it to Hoenn. Or when Ash traveled to Sinnoh by himself.
    Last edited by TicoPokemonMaster; 26th June 2009 at 3:57 PM.

DAMN!! I just saw the pics for this & I have to say that Ash's PKMN really got fawk up! But what's more embrassing is that TR got fawk up even though Ash's team is still recovering from their injuries. Well, I shouldn't be surprise after all since TR are wack & a bunch of weaklings. Oh well. This episode was okay.

im so glad that brock saw uxie
    & NOT paul/barry. that wouldve been so unfair, imo.
    this will be a great episode,
    but it will be a while before it airs in america...
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

I love episodes that show how Ash and his pokemon are truly friends. Mamoswine was a little creepy in the episode, though...O_O

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast