Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

Quote Originally Posted by Netbug009 View Post
    It wasn't JUST a loss. It was somebody he feels is wrong and knows is hurting others still getting the higher up of things when he doesn't deserve it. Like the school bully who's popular anyway while you try your best to be nice and end up sitting at a table alone. It's FRUSTRATING.

Anyways, man this episode was great. I can't believe I was ever worried about Chimchar's evolution. Monferno is ridiculously cute and hasn't changed a bit besides being more awesome. It was really neat seeing him lead that little cheer when he was feeling better. Ferny's really grown up and gained some confidence in himself. <3

Also, I feel bad, but when I first saw all the pokes sitting there hurt, I loled. It was just so pathetic looking. xD

I was not just a loss, it was a loss that if won proves you don't have to treat your pokemon like crap. Whoever won made a huge impact on either player. Have even been watching the anime?

EDIT: Glowing light don't you think your sig should have spoiler tags? The PUSA dub hasn't shown staraptor/monferno evolvutions. Be fair.
    Last edited by ijea4444; 27th June 2009 at 8:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    ^ here's hoping that Brock gets lost on the way to lake acuity and doesn't come back.
    And Ash has travel by himself if only for a short time. After Johto he traveled back home and then to Hoenn. Remeber the epsiode where pikachu and Meowth get lost on that island before Ash made it to Hoenn. Or when Ash traveled to Sinnoh by himself.

LOL Yah Brock getting lost in the forrest and never coming back, best arc ever that'd be. Any who I enjoyed the episode myself, as every one else already said I just love how they showed how close Ash and his Pokemon are, very sweet. I really like that Ash got his confidence back by battling Team Rocket.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Nothing to cheer Ash and co. up like a good old fashioned Team Rocket trashing.

That "finishing move" actually made me smile for once

I still don't see why so many people are crying about the last episode.

Ash is the star, he always wins in the end O_o

I luved that episode. I cannot wait for Monferno to Evolve. Ash's Infernape... It just sounds right.

Interesting filler episode.

I imagined that Uxie would have actually appeared, but we will probably meet up with it soon.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a solid 8/10

I have to admit, I really thought Ash would mope a lot longer than he did. Glad to see they didn't go that route, and that his "moping" was restricted to trying to figure out where he went wrong.

And I nearly peed myself laughing when Mamoswine started doing pirouettes. The faces were one thing, but that just about killed me.

Can't wait to see the dub for this, so that I can get a vague idea what TR was going on about when they first took the stage. That giant head thing they kept doing was something I think I should recognise, but don't at the moment.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    Lol Buizel was the biggest and tallest pokemon in Ash's team and now he is the smallest.
    i thought pikachu was the smallest but w/e.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Nice episode its nice to see Ash and the Pokemon's bond seem stronger than ever! Could anyone ever imagine Paul's Pokemon all hugging him if he were ever depressed? I doubt they'd even care or vice versa. Although not apparent now, I think Ash has got the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_K View Post
    Nice episode its nice to see Ash and the Pokemon's bond seem stronger than ever! Could anyone ever imagine Paul's Pokemon all hugging him if he were ever depressed? I doubt they'd even care or vice versa. Although not apparent now, I think Ash has got the right idea.
    Its great that Ash's pokemon hugged their trainer, and he became happy. And best of all is that he got his confidence back. I hope that Ash's training methods and attitude doesn't become like Paul's.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    LOL Yah Brock getting lost in the forrest and never coming back, best arc ever that'd be. Any who I enjoyed the episode myself, as every one else already said I just love how they showed how close Ash and his Pokemon are, very sweet. I really like that Ash got his confidence back by battling Team Rocket.
    Brock isn't going anywhere.

Unless you want Ash, Dawn & co. to starve...hmm not a bad idea

or unless you prefer Dawn's commentary in Gym Battles

or unlesss you prefer seeing two imbeciles hogging the show instead of one intelligent person to guide them O_o

Ash was travelling how long? before he told Pikachu to use Quick Attack on Agatha's Gengar
    Last edited by facade42; 1st July 2009 at 9:32 AM.

What happened to using actual japanese on this show? I noticed on the book with the 3 sprites, The names under them are their names in katakana turned at weird angles and broken in some places (yes, I have alot of time on my hands)

On a different note, Cute episode, Not really much to do with Uxie, it's shadow, or Brock. Just Emo-ash and his horrible defeat D:

Btw, I love Dawn's Engrish =D

And that
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 2nd July 2009 at 8:39 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    Can't wait to see the dub for this, so that I can get a vague idea what TR was going on about when they first took the stage. That giant head thing they kept doing was something I think I should recognise, but don't at the moment.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I am allowed to translate here? But *SPOILER ALERTS* LOL. Initially, TR took out the bottle right, they call it suitable for someone who just lost a battle like Satoshi did. Then Musashi said something about believing or not believing, but that those who believe will be saved. Actually what she's doing is she is emphasizing on the word "believe" because in Japanese, it contains the word SHINJI (which is what she is saying when her head popped out huge). Basically trying to rub it in Satoshi's face.

As for Nyarth, he's saying something like, "because of that, we'll take Pikachu... blah blah...", but when his head popped out, it actually emphasize the word O-MAKE, which means losing.

Apparently Satoshi is too oblivious too notice that they're insulting him though =P

Hope that helped!

P.S. I really wonder how the dub is going to be like for this part?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Angel View Post

P.S. I really wonder how the dub is going to be like for this part?
    I can see the word "appalling" being used in the dub

and Meowth can just say the word "lose" just in another sense.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I guess Ash pushed himself too hard. That's what became of his Pokemon. Hopefully Uxie can help him.

It seems to be a law of Pokemon that, after a great set of episodes by all accounts (rival, big battle, reoccurring characters, great animation, character development), you have to have a filler that pretty much goes nowhere.

Oh, Takeshi, you saw Yuxie? Who cares? At least, that was the message I got from the episode. I'm sure that the Lake Trio being seen by the Anime Trio is going to build into SOMETHING, but this episode is pretty much filler until that plot point is used again.

On top of that, the animation was a big step down. After 2 episodes of a full battle with very fluid animation, we had scenes where Pokemon, people, and even the backdrop like clouds, appear pretty flat and lifeless. And when stuff did start to move around, it looked like a page or two was missing when they were splicing it all together.

And while I wasn't a big fan of Hikari's Theme as the ending theme, I can't stand the Pichu song.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

This episode was about Ash getting over his loss to Paul, not so much Brock and Uxie.

It was an nice episode...it was good to see a shadow of Uxie...
    but it was nice ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

What a great episode! i loved Ash's return after the lose to Paul, i was sorry for him when he was so sad.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    What a great episode! i loved Ash's return after the lose to Paul, i was sorry for him when he was so sad.
    I know. I'm happy for Ash to return. But when he face Paul in the Sinnoh League, make sure that Ash will defeat him to teach Paul the error of his ways of the relationship between humans and pokemon.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Say! If his Pokemon love Ash even though he couldn't beat Paul, then maybe he won't have to worry about Paul or anybody Ash finds too cruel to be training Pokemon.

While bonding with Pokemon alone didn't make Ash a superior trainer to Paul, who uses strategy over raw power, Ash was and will always be superior to the ones who tried kidnapping Pikachu countless times: Team Rocket.

O yea I forgot to ask this: What was the thing with Dawn and her pokemon for? Was it to cheer Ash up or practice for her next contest?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Cool epsidoe.. Ash getting his spirit back,. what an epic way to sendTeam Rocket blasting off.

best of all to me cartoon network fixed their problem to get the episodes back to widescreen yay! Was a surprise seeing the movie last night was in fullscreen.

and this topic also needs to be rename Uncrushing Defeat :P
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 21st November 2009 at 1:40 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Looks like Ash got his fighting spirit back. I seem to noticed the connections between the Lake Trio and the three: Brock = Knowledge, Dawn = Emotion, and Ash = Willpower. As much as how repetitive Team Rocket is, I do give them credit for making silly facial epressions. As for Dawn Circus, I would personally say it'll only be good if it has Casey Jr., but that's just me and my own fantasy world.

Hahaha Jessie had a bottle of "Loser Drink" with a picture of Ash crying on it, I thought that was pretty funny, I still hate the Rockets though. Overall, this episode was ok to me.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Episode was good . Nice to see Ash overcome his loss to Paul and knowing that to defeat Paul isn't going to be easy . The Faces Team Rocket made here were really funny . And Dawn's Circus was really nice put there when Mamoswine did the pose ROFL XD . And it was weird because they changed the opening pictures last time and I though they were going to change the opening again today to include Monferno in it but I guess they didn't =/ . Oh and Finally seeing the episodes in Wide screen again , lol Finally CN fixed the cropped episodes .

Good Episode and kinda Funny one to see.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast