Thread: Something about the Game Mechanics...

Default Something about the Game Mechanics...

Not to be rude or anything, but do you really expect everybody to be smartypant-nerd geeks and understand complicated stuff like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Game Mechanics - Individual Values section
    IV = ((Math.Ceiling(Stat / Stat) - 5) * 100 / Level Value ) - 2 * Base Stat – Effort Points / 4
    I mean, sure, it's good to be so in-depth about features of the RPG game we all play, but I think that this is going way too far. What has ceilings got to do with math?

Besides, does anyone actually care about these complicated-beyond-belief sums?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterFoster111 View Post
    Not to be rude or anything, but do you really expect everybody to be smartypant-nerd geeks and understand complicated stuff like this:

I mean, sure, it's good to be so in-depth about features of the RPG game we all play, but I think that this is going way too far. What has ceilings got to do with math?

Yes, many people actually do care about it and we cater to everyone. IVs are an intricate hidden value and if people want to work it out themselves rather than utilise our calculator, we're happy to provide the means

That's not even complicated. I, for one, care as well. And ceilings have nothing to do with math. "Ceiling math" is a phrase for rounding up; up to the ceiling. "Floor math" is the opposite, rounding down; down to the floor.

But if that doesn't make sense, then try reading the explanation provided right below the equation:

Quote Originally Posted by GameMechanics
    …And you probably don't know what Math.Ceiling means either. It's basically a term used when you want something rounded up, like to the Ceiling. If it was rounding down, like to a floor, it would be Math.Floor. Simple right?
    Simple!

ITT: "I don't care, so no one else should/does either!", stereotyping insults to geeks, and know-it-allism.

If there's going to be an IV calculator, I think it's actually better he's posted the formula for those who actually paid attention in their math classes, or who want to use it for themselves for whatever reason.

I don't understand how it's "going too far", bro; it only takes up an extra line or two on the page, and if you're not interested in the explanation of how values are calculated, don't visit the page, or scroll past it.

Would you rather he be "too detailed", or would you rather he not be detailed enough?

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama