Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Card Behemoth Section - Discussion Thread

Default Serebii.net Card Behemoth Section - Discussion Thread

A few years ago, after much deliberation, it was decided for us to stop covering the Trading Card Game barring the Movie half decks which came out each year. Since then, I have often been asked why we no longer cover it and so late last year, I decided that I would begin covering it again. So, for the last six months, I have been hard at work on the database behind it and finally, it is complete. With special thanks to our resident TCG Guru; SkittyOnWailord, as well as Blackjack Gabbiani and kitty for assisting with the scans of various sets adding to our previous backlog of scans. We have all the US sets and Promos covered. The Theme Decks for each set are also listed for each set containing details about each card in the theme deck and the quantity within. We also have the recent two Japanese sets, Pokémon VS and many Japanese Promos including the upcoming Movie set and special Pokémon Scramble set. We're still working on the backlog of Japanese Promos however so please be patient in regards to them.
    However, lists of the sets and the details on the cards within them are not all within this. I have also created a comprehensive Cardex which features all 493 Pokémon and all the cards that feature them. I have also made special extra pages for Owner's Pokémon and Pokémon Variants as well as pages for each kind of Trainer Card and Energy Card to make it a massively comprehensible database of all cards. All these Cardex entries are also interlinked within the individual card pages
    This section will be continually updated whenever a new set or promo comes out so always check back

http://www.serebii.net/card/
    http://www.serebii.net/card/dex

Oh, so is this the project you were working on?

Very nice, I will have a look later, I need to research a few cards anyways.

Woot! I was riiiiight, anyways, Thank you guys so much!

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Well, I kinda presumed you were doing something like that.
    Although I don't play TCG, resulting in that Dex being useless to me, I know there are some folks who are going to be really happy about it, so well done.

Keep the projects coming!

Thats awesome, too bad i don't play the card game anymore.... maybe you can do this for Magic and yugioh too? lol j/k. Anyone who plays the PTCG will really appreaciate this.

Black FC: 0905 8203 0859

My hope is that even people who don't like card will appreciate things such as the Cardex. I'm not into the TCG really and I found all of it interesting while creating it.

If you don't play, you can enjoy the well illustrated images(not to be confused with iMages, the Final Fantasy job class that attacks with over 5 gb worth of songs). I don't play as often but this might change that.
    Team SmashBros. Ready for adventure
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I'm very dissapointed from this project. my hope was that we have here a big anime-attacks dex of all the characters pokemon. maybe in the next time...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Love! I've never been interested in playing the card game, but I always like the moves and there's nothing better when you're bored behind a desk than browsing through artwork. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katya Ivanova View Post
    laughing at criticism probably isn't the best way to go about not being hideous
    inb4malanu

It's very interesting. I was hoping for something for the manga, but this is good too. I don't play with cards, but I do enjoy looking at the pictures. Good job!
    FUTURE POKÉMON BLACK SCRAMBLE CHALLENGE TEAM

I don't play the game anymore, but looking at all of the older English sets was very nostalgic. ^^ And the artwork, to me, makes this interesting to even a non-card player.
    These tickets and passports will lead me home...
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/x5e1a8.jpg[/IMG]
    [Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the incredible banner.]

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I'm very dissapointed from this project. my hope was that we have here a big anime-attacks dex of all the characters pokemon. maybe in the next time...
    We already have that in the Anime section. Most of the people who would be looking for stuff like that are probably members of the forums.

Even though I don't play the TCG, I do like the sound of the project. Does this mean that there will be new TCG related avatars coming. Some of those Absol TCG cards are nice.

Now being reposted!

I love it Serebii, great addition to the site IMO.

Kinda makes me laugh as well, because WPM, is doing the exact same on his website(albeit supposedly with much better card scans and a search engine, but we'll see).

The thing that I liked most about it was the organization. It is really nice.
    Other than that, there are some pages which don't open and lots of images don't appear also. I'm sure you'll fix that rapidly.

Personally doesn't help me much, but it's fun ton waste an hour looking through.

First detailed error report: (I FEEL SO SPECIAL.)
    On the revealing post, and on the sidebar, if you click an "Owner's Pokemon" link, it goes to a page with "owner" in the URL, and all the pages work fine.
    Examples: (Notice the URLs)
    Misty's Pokemon
    Team Aqua's Pokemon

However, if you visit the page from the "Cardex Page", it links to a page with "Owners" in the URL. This page seems to be idectical to the other; however all the links are broken.
    Brock's Pokemon
    Jasmine's Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Skirgedot View Post
    The thing that I liked most about it was the organization. It is really nice.
    Other than that, there are some pages which don't open and lots of images don't appear also. I'm sure you'll fix that rapidly.
    Can you please give exampls so I can fix

Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    Personally doesn't help me much, but it's fun ton waste an hour looking through.

First detailed error report: (I FEEL SO SPECIAL.)
    On the revealing post, and on the sidebar, if you click an "Owner's Pokemon" link, it goes to a page with "owner" in the URL, and all the pages work fine.
    Misty's Pokemon
    Team Aqua's Pokemon

However, if you visit the page from the "Cardex Page", it links to a page with "Owners" in the URL. This page seems to be idectical to the other; however all the links are broken.
    Brock's Pokemon
    Jasmine's Pokemon
    Already fixed that...before you posted in fact

Very nice! I collect the cards too! Great job! I think it's very interesting to look at all the artwork! Especially the promos which I haven't really seen before as I really only have cards from the main sets.
    I'm on GPX+! Name: Rocky
    Please help and I'll help back!

YAY! Pokebeach's Trading card pages weren't working for me =/ so now I have something to look back to which cards go in which set when I buy those value packs with old Jhoto/Hoenn cards in it at Target Thank you so much! This site is just wonderful.

Admit it, the Mew page is amazing.

Will rare Japanese sets like Vending Series also be covered someday?

I have always been dying to see them in entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Will rare Japanese sets like Vending Series also be covered someday?

I have always been dying to see them in entirety.
    Thats the plan. I wish to eventually have all cards in it, its just people with the early promos and such are really hard to come by so it may be a while

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Can you please give exampls so I can fix
    Well, it seems like what wasn't working is now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thats the plan. I wish to eventually have all cards in it, its just people with the early promos and such are really hard to come by so it may be a while
    Oh, awesome.

Quite a challenging task, considering that many Japanese Promos have been lost in the time and got forgotten by the people.

Good luck. I'm quite impressed.

For years I wished that PokeBeach would do this, and you beat them to it. I'm in love with this, mainly do to the mainy different ways of seaching (and now, I've learned of two Dialga cards that I never knew exsisted).

So thank you so much Serebii, SkittyOnWailord, and everyone else that worked on this. I'm very impressed, and I can't wait to see every card created in the system
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast