Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Card Behemoth Section - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Oh, awesome.

Quite a challenging task, considering that many Japanese Promos have been lost in the time and got forgotten by the people.

Good luck. I'm quite impressed.
    Luckily, the official Japanese site has lists of all the cards and promos released...the problem is just getting the details and pics of them

I used to be pretty enthusiastic about the tcg back in my youth, now if I ever buy anything, it is right after a phase-out where I purchase those cards from the more serious competitors. This dose help in figuring out what cards of what set I need.

Thanks Serebii, SkittyOnWailord, as well as Blackjack Gabbiani and kitty for their time and effort into this useful/needful project.

Wow... this update... just wow... this is by far the most useful card-dex I have ever seen.

As for the vending machine cards, I know Bulbapedia has scans of most of them, but other than that, I have no idea where you could get those.

I've just added in a new bit of navigation. This bit includes seperation of Pokémon SP by their trainer.

Although I don't really like TCG, this looks pretty interesting. I'll look at it when I have time.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

How this is bigger than Pokearth is a mystery to me :P

Now it's a matter of making those card scans usable as avatars here. XD

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dramatic Melody View Post
    How this is bigger than Pokearth is a mystery to me :P

Now it's a matter of making those card scans usable as avatars here. XD
    Thats being worked on, I just have to rename 5000 odd files so they arent just numberes

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thats being worked on, I just have to rename 5000 odd files so they arent just numberes
    Okay, now it's bigger than Pokearth. =P

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

If you saw the databases and scripts to create this, you'd have no question that this is bigger than Pokéarth

Another error (albeit small):

On the Blastoise page, there is a Wartortle card that was named Blastoise (though the card itself says Blastoise). Just pointing it out. But nice job, Serebii.
    -Sapphire Suicune-

Fixed. Thank you

Ok I admit I had a feeling this was the project and while I was hoping I was wrong, now Im actually excited. I just went through some of the old cards and its kinda nice to be like oh I had that card, and in most cases, still do (somewhere in my closet). While I wont get much use out of this, just to be able to look through it and see everything is nice. Which I think is what you were trying to accomplish. So good job and hopefully a lot more people will see this way too.

Hmm, so after you take a very long break, whats the next project? Any ideas yet.

I have a few ideas...however the priority at the moment is HGSS stuff and that inclues coverage of the game, Pokédex adaptation and Pokéarth addition of Johto & Kanto 4th gen in it. I had to make sure to get this done before that

Wow, I have to thank you big time for the work you did on that TCG Project. I can only imagine the effort you went through. Having an easy access to all set list, the images, and whatnot will help me and my 3 brothers (we all play the cards) immensely. Thanks so much Serebii.

Just thought I'd show some gratitude, because you deserve way more than what you've been getting so far.
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

Well, the TCG really bores me and I don't give much of really anything for it or any TCG infact but I am sure players will love it. I also love the pictures thought and IO appreciate the page just as much as the other pages because you and other members have put so much time and effort into it. Well done Serebii!

I haven't played the TCG since 2000, and I haven't collected the TCG since 2005. In fact, the only reason I have paid attention to the TCG since then is the artwork. I love the artwork on the cards. The fact that you sorted each dex entry with a shot of their artwork is pretty awesome to me, even if the quality isn't the greatest on many of them (and I assume visual improvements will be made where possible). After probably half a decade of nothing but Movie Pack updates to the section, it's good to know it's gotten a complete overhaul. I'm not going to make comparisons to WPM's layout (I heard he's working on a dex also, and he's probably using his website as a blog to rant about how you're a charlatan for doing this), but it's good to have another big competitor when it comes to TCG info, methinks.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I hope this leads to a HUGE escalation culminating in Joe and WPM facing off in a duel on-top of Satoshi Tajirii's castle.

Although Joe himself told me about this months ago, so it's probably just a coincidence both webmasters are releasing something like it around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Already fixed that...before you posted in fact
    ...Ah.

My post probably would have had a bit more validity if I didn't spend 8 or so minuts editing the punctuation and another 15 or so minutes doing something else before I noticed I forgot to push "submit reply"

...OH WELL.

Working on a variety of Japanese promos to add to the section. It'll take time but will be worth it in the end

serebii this is amazing.
    i don't even play TCG but i'm in awe. props to you dude. this is almost as good as a statue of me

this is gonna be perfect for custom sprites
    thanks man
    Last edited by Hell_fire; 26th June 2009 at 1:19 PM.

About time you do an update to the TCG section

Oh, I was hoping to save them pictures

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Yup. Guessed it right!
    Nice work done!
    I'm not really that much a big fan of TCG,
    but after the completion of Pokeearth, which was amazingly admirable,
    I was looking forward to the site being more complete.
    Great! Serebii.net now rivals Pokebeach in TCG! Wonderful!

Well... after all that praise, there is actually something missing......
    The "Platinum: Supreme Victors" is coming to the US on August 18th,
    and since you actually included information of upcoming sets like "The Advent of Arceus", I'd think it reasonable to add the aforementioned deck in it.
    Or will it be updated when it actually comes out?
    My REnCune(++)!!!:

Another Version Entei-Based:

Credit goes to Eeveerose

I miss the Johto Games and wish they would remake them on the DS. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig. (started by 4th Generation Master)

I want a all region game made on DS. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig. (started by PokemonFan_Samuel)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    We already have that in the Anime section. Most of the people who would be looking for stuff like that are probably members of the forums.

Even though I don't play the TCG, I do like the sound of the project. Does this mean that there will be new TCG related avatars coming. Some of those Absol TCG cards are nice.
    Serebii doesn't have it. he have only the attackDex with the pictures from the games, but not from the anime
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Talking

Excellent work, Serebii! I've been collecting the PTCG for some time now,
    and this will be an excellent asset for me, and everyone here.
    A Big Thanks to all who made this possible! Well Done!
    Username; Arcadia IL, U.S.A CST -6 GMT

3DS FC; 3308-5191-3462

Am Currently playing Pokémon X.
    Am Ghost type in friend Safari. Lampent, Phantump, and a Rare Spiritomb.
    One of my Fav types! Feel free to add or PM me!

I have Officially Claimed Gengar!
    Because He Rules!

Default Yay!

This is awesome!!
    I always wanted to see a complete TCG section at serebii.net
    Now you have a Card Dex!! =O
    I hope this also means you will be covering the TCG in the news =D
    I don´t really play the TCG, but I love collecting the cards...
    Yesterday I spent a lot of time looking at some cards and sharing links with a friend on msn ("hey look at this card *link*") xD

Oh yes... in the Scyther ex (from ex Ruby&Sapphire) page, it says that the Golden Sky (ex Unseen Forces) theme deck contains 13 Scyther ex o__o

I hope you keep working to make this site even better =D
    Oh, and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: oh yes... looking at the Golden Sky deck cardlist, I also noticed water energies, but the deck is Fire and Fighting types.
    Last edited by Quils; 28th June 2009 at 12:31 AM.
    Miiverse is addictive~
    Click Ran if you want to visit my Void c:
    I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast