Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS airs in April 2017 on Wednesdays. It has been pushed back to May 2017.

Summary

http://i.imgur.com/39Wl2FU.jpg

The series will star a new protagonist, Yusaku Fujiki, and takes place in a high-school setting, featuring Virtual Reality Duels in a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology called Link VRAINS.
    In this new kind of Duel, the players transform and Duel on some form of hoverboards.
    It focuses on (and introduces) a new type of Summoning that is called "Link Summoning".
    Characters

Yusaku Fujiki
    http://i.imgur.com/HRcbWna.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JTFo9Yo.jpg

Yusaku Fujiki is a high-schooler and a hacker who doesn't like standing out.
    However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once.

-Cool-headed and extremely clever. His real skill is in his hacking and cracking abilities. He’s also good at reading people and thinks on his feet.
    -When Yusaku enters Virtual Reality Duel, he becomes “Account Name: Playmaker”, radically transforming his appearance.
    Link VRAINS

http://i.imgur.com/MxY93fJ.jpg

Link VRAINS is the location where Virtual Reality Duels take place in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
    It is described as "a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology". Data codes can be seen across the Duel field.

Duelists use boards to Duel and are used to ride the “Data Wind”. Duelists will change forms when they Duel in Link VRAINS, similar to avatars.
    Last edited by Blaze Master X; 16th March 2017 at 7:44 PM.

The show is still two months away. Ain't it a little earlier for this thread to exist?

We can talk Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS here and anything else in the old thread. We'll probably close the ARC-V thread when VRAINS starts or when ARC-V ends.

Is it just me or does the monster behind Yusaku look like some type of Buster Blader?

who doesn't like standing out.
    Well I'm happy you did it! Jaden's the only one who still doesn't have spiky multi colored hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    who doesn't like standing out.
    Well I'm happy you did it! Jaden's the only one who still doesn't have spiky multi colored hair.
    About that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jps101 View Post
    Is it just me or does the monster behind Yusaku look like some type of Buster Blader?
    I think it's called Decode Talker. I like its design, tho it seems to have a drawback since when summoned, it opens up the monster card zone across from it in which the opponent can summon a monster from their Extra Deck into.

After starting 5D's and Zexal late, I learned to just watch the show from the start because I'm clearly going to always enjoy Yugioh. Link Summon seems pretty interesting, hoping they'll include the other Extra Deck cards in the series, would help showcase a part of Link Monsters mechanics too. Have a new type too; which unlike Wyrms, Cyber type will be showcased a bit(Considering the main character uses them).

Virtual Reality duels seem interesting, but Solid Vision seemed the best(Albeit, most dangerous), I'm sure the monsters will still have some nice expressions from time to time though. Wonder what type of death awaits the characters, lost/trapped in cyberspace seems the best bet for now.

I'm excited for it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Will be interesting in seeing how they handle all these new rules to be honest.

Then again Link Monsters and no doubt upgraded Link Monsters or whatever they do to expand this mechanic will occur at some point.

Kinda sucks that stuff like Starlight Road, Mask Change and everything that special summons but does not specifically synchro/fusion/whatever from the extra deck no longer works unless you Link.

Man, Konami is really pushing the new mechanic.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Will be interesting in seeing how they handle all these new rules to be honest.

Then again Link Monsters and no doubt upgraded Link Monsters or whatever they do to expand this mechanic will occur at some point.

Kinda sucks that stuff like Starlight Road, Mask Change and everything that special summons but does not specifically synchro/fusion/whatever from the extra deck no longer works unless you Link.

Man, Konami is really pushing the new mechanic.
    That's exactly what made me think "My decks are ****ed". I think the new rules are OK and all but most my favourite decks, namely the ones that use the cards you mentioned, are practically redundant

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Link Summon seems pretty interesting, hoping they'll include the other Extra Deck cards in the series, would help showcase a part of Link Monsters mechanics too.
    I'm sure that we'll see all the Extra Deck summoning methods in VRAINS, I just hope that this series will handle it better than Arc V did, by which I mean that I hope that there's no different dimension subplot involved and that all summoning methods will exist without different schools claiming them exclusively.

VRAINS premier moved from April to Mary.

Kind of interested to see the protagonist. Apparently, he's meant to have a wallflower personality.

And the protagonist has a dragon ace monster. Again. Why not something unique. I don't know.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    And the protagonist has a dragon ace monster. Again. Why not something unique. I don't know.
    It seems like Yugi was the only one who had a unique ace (although I guess you could argue like Neos and Utopia it's humanoid in nature).

It seems like Yugi was the only one who had a unique ace (although I guess you could argue like Neos and Utopia it's humanoid in nature).
    Ehh, Neos and Stardust were both unique at their time. It wasn't until Utopia and Odd-Eyes (though the former is far more similar to Neos than the latter is to Stardust) came along that that changed. And while Dark Magician is unique as an ace, Spellcasters in general are at least decently prevalent as important monsters for the main characters, or at least with Yuma and Yuya.

Given that the first official art for the anime showed off Decode Talker instead of Firewall Dragon, I'm hopeful that it's either his real ace or at least a Junk Warrior level of importance.

Oh well, at least I can focus more on my Uni work. Has this actually happened with a Yu-Gi-Oh! series before?

I don't really mind if the protagonist has a dragon as ace. As long as there is something unique about it (like something new for the series) then I'm satisfied.
    Last edited by Bananarama; 17th March 2017 at 1:16 AM.

VJump time!

More Code of the Duelist news, it features cards used by the new characters and yes Yusaku does indeed have a dragon ace (except it isn't a dragon type): https://ygorganization.com/pun-blocked-by-a-firewall/

And just more anime details: https://ygorganization.com/lifttheem...embargoliftth/

I have to keep reminding myself that these characters undergo changes when dueling in the link space or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Ehh, Neos and Stardust were both unique at their time. It wasn't until Utopia and Odd-Eyes (though the former is far more similar to Neos than the latter is to Stardust) came along that that changed. And while Dark Magician is unique as an ace, Spellcasters in general are at least decently prevalent as important monsters for the main characters, or at least with Yuma and Yuya.

Given that the first official art for the anime showed off Decode Talker instead of Firewall Dragon, I'm hopeful that it's either his real ace or at least a Junk Warrior level of importance.
    Kinda wished that there were other aces though. Like knights/magicians/dragons are cool and all, but there are all sorts of creatures that one could for aces. 5DS made the aces of the Dark Signers (at least aces to me) very unique with the Earthbound Immortal thing going on.

Or even just machines. Machines are constantly depicted as powerful so would be unique as an ace while still being 'the ace'.
    Last edited by Frozocrone; 17th March 2017 at 12:18 PM.

Dragons are popular, so it makes sense that Yusaku has a dragon card. On another note, I'm not too excited about the newly revealed characters cuz the male looks like Gong 2.0 and the girl probably won't duel often and will end up as a damsel in distress knowing how the various Yugioh anime handle females. ^^;

Tbh, Yusaku reminds me of Yusei given his intellect and serious design. I wonder if this means he'll also be a Mary Sue who will never lose on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Tbh, Yusaku reminds me of Yusei given his intellect and serious design. I wonder if this means he'll also be a Mary Sue who will never lose on-screen.
    Hey, Yusei lost against Kalin Kessler.

...oh wait, he crashed his D-Runner for the sake of not losing.

Welp.

Eh, at least Yusaku's dragon ace isn't a dragon for the Type printed on the card.

Also interesting that Proxy Dragon exist. Guess we finally get a main protag whose ace has an actual "baby form".

Closest we ever have is Neos Alius who is game original and more like Neos' child than a baby form, and Hope Roots which is still treated as an upgrade despite having lower Rank and ATK.

Now to see if it appears in anime.......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

More VRAINS details including staff, music and the plot

Link to the detail: https://ygorganization.com/finallymy...ficisareality/ but if you can't be asked to go there here is the plot:

"There is a city where network systems have evolved: Den City(デンシティ ). In this city, with the advanced network technology developed by the corporation “SOL Technology”, a Virtual Reality space called “LINK VRAINS” has been developed, and in this VR Space people became excited over the latest way to Duel.

However, in 『LINK VRAINS』, a mysterious hacker group that hacks via Dueling has appeared: ハノイの騎士 (The Knights of Hanoi). Their goal is to destroy the “AI World” known as “Cyberse” that exists somewhere in the depths of the Network.

However, there is one Duelist who stands against the threat to 『LINK VRAINS』. His name is “Playmaker”. He has become famous in the Network World for crushing the “Knights of Hanoi” in fierce Duels, without mentioning his name. But the true identity of “Playmaker” is ordinary high school student “Fujiki Yusaku”, who pursues the “Knights of Hanoi” that appear in VRAINS in order to find out the truth of an incident that happened in the past."

Unsurprisingly the villains are a hacker group like most cyberspace set shows

I really don't know what to think about Vrains yet. I hope that it better then Yugioh Arc V

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast