Thread: Dragon Ball Z Kai

Default Dragon Ball Z Kai

If you watch anime you know about Dragon Ball Z and if not I'm sure someone can run over it for you quick.

The Buu saga is coming to Kai this week:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ld-come-in-2014

The point of this thread is that it's great that arguably one of the most influential of Japanese anime/manga culture is still alive in some form and it's possible in the future that the story will continue. The last movie Battle of Gods took place after Buu (and depending on your headcanon before GT). So leave this a sanctuary to argue about power levels and what they mean and what King Cold's third/fourth/billionth super form would look like.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Dragon Ball Kai was a disappointment in my opinion. It does nothing more than recycle the series but leaving most of the filler out. You'd think with how popular DBZ is (was?) they could have attempted a complete re-animation of the series with modern quality standards (HD, better colouring, crisper lines, more and smoother animation).

I love DBZ Kai. The dubbing is far superior than the original. Why is everyone so upset about the filler being cut? The filler wasn't even canon and there was a lot of it.

However, I wish Toei would stop being lazy and improve the animation. Just look at the openings. I am excited for the Buu Saga; hoping for an English release soon.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

completely reanimating a show that was decently done the first time and putting up with shit like doing cell's bodymarks again would be so costly it just wouldn't be worth it

The new opening for the Buu arc. is really good and addicting, I gotta say I also enjoyed the episode. Personally, I enjoy DB Kai and most of the stuff that happens is a surprise for me because I don't remember it thoroughly from my youth or missed a number of things. The introduction of Saiyanman and Videl was pretty nice, sure I'm gonna love it more subbed. Also the preview's use of the opening is great as well and I like how dynamic and fluid Videl looks in it.

The episode was good, I'll give it that

Really liked, aside from the OP, there was no CGI in the episode. I know it's a remaster, but it was nice to not see CGI in a anime episode
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I really love the new opening and am glad they did a new song for the turn to Buu saga like the original, my only nerd gripe is that Buu is a very long arc and they almost packed too much stuff from too far away into it. They should have divided up the footage between openings like they did for Saiyan/Frieza and Androids/Cell.

At least I'll never have to see Tien elbowing the Saibaman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    The point of this thread is that it's great that arguably one of the most influential of Japanese anime/manga culture is still alive in some form and it's possible in the future that the story will continue.
    Akira Toriyama has stated that he grew tired of fighting style stories after writing the Buu Saga, so I doubt Dragon Ball will get a new series or continuation. Battle of Gods might get a dub one day though.

Kai was great. The dub is much better than the older dubs were.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

The Buu saga for Kai's good though the music might take time to get use too. It's decent IMO but sadly lacks the flare Yamamoto's music had.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Your signature broke the rules so I removed your images. Make sure to read them

My Tumblr of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    Dragon Ball Kai was a disappointment in my opinion. It does nothing more than recycle the series but leaving most of the filler out. You'd think with how popular DBZ is (was?) they could have attempted a complete re-animation of the series with modern quality standards (HD, better colouring, crisper lines, more and smoother animation).
    The removal of filler makes it superior to the original. It helps that they went back to the original score due to the music issues that happened midway through the series.

I think expecting any kind of spending by Toei is being a little too hopeful, though.

清順(トンボ)
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13