Page 181 of 519 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 12967

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerda Foks View Post
    Well, I never thought I'd post in this thread, since before just now, I didn't watch anime outside pokemon. However, I just watched the first episode of Bleach (subbed), and I'm interested enough with the unique concept to keep watchin'. Does anybody know how good this show is on the grand scale?

And, are plots this unique standard in Japan, or are they all over there bursting with originality while americans sit and rot on hollywood?
    There isn't a single thing unique about Bleach. It just seems that way since you aren't familiar with common anime tropes and cliches. Anime is just as likely to sit and rot on its established formulas as Hollywood is. Oh, and Bleach is tragically bad once you get past the early stuff.

Accel World - 13/24
    Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi - 2/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 38/51
    Humanity has Declined - 2/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 38/-
    Hyouka - 12/21
    Kokoro Connect - 1/-
    Lagrange: The Flower of Rin'ne Season 2 - 1/12
    Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture - 11/11 FINISHED
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 1/11
    Space Brothers - 15/-
    Sword Art Online - 1/-
    Tari Tari - 2/13
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 15/112

Moyashimon is a great show. I'll get on to this season's sequel tomorrow. My main hope for it is more of the same, but with character development that might make Oikawa more likeable. Right now she's the weak link in a fantastic ensemble.

Kokoro Connect: Pretty good. More amusing than I expected. I'm interested to see how much material they can squeeze out of the concept because this is usually the sort of thing that would last one episode in another comedy.
    Done here.

Cardcaptor Sakura - 10/70
    One Piece - 231/?

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Well

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary- Trying to watch Episodes 1-21. I've only watched 22+
    Hellsing- Waiting for the dubbed OVAs to come out
    I just finished SoulEater, been meaning to watch FMA.

Any suggestions?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Any suggestions?
    The iDOLM@STER.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    The iDOLM@STER.
    What Genres are in it?

Credit to EG for Banner.

What Genres are in it?
    Comedy, music, slice of life.
    My Anime List

Comedy, music, slice of life.
    Ahh, Okay. I'll look into it

Credit to EG for Banner.

I was at my friend's house today, we watched tons of anime, mostly Bones. He's been going through Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist on Netflix, I lent him my Brotherhood Blurays for when he's done. We finished up an episode of Soul Eater then watched the first 4 episodes of Darker Then Black. I liked it. Every odd numbered episode was pretty ordinary and then every even numbered episode was great. I enjoyed not being told exactly what's going on for once. It felt like the lack of exposition helped. Then we watched a disc of Lucky Star DVDs and then his Ouran Bluray bloopers.

New K trailer, show looks amazing, and it's airing in Fall. God damn Fall is freakin' stacked with quality shows.
    As much as I love all the new shows coming out I'm going to be so swamped with anime AND schoolwork come Fall.

Ahh, Okay. I'll look into it
    That was far too easy. Jolteon, you could've replaced "IDOLM@STER" with "Boku no Pico" and easily have got them to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Those last 5 minutes pissed me off. AFTER ALL THAT BUILDUP THEY SKIPPED THE ****ING FIGHT?! AAUUUUUGH!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
    I especially like how they showed a few seconds of animation from the fight you never get to see at the end of episode 3.

Accel World - 13/24
    Space Brothers - 15/?
    Eureka Seven AO - 12/24
    Hyouka - 12/21
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 38/?
    Michiko & Hatchin - 12/22
    Humanity Has Declined - 2/12
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 1/11
    Sword Art Online - 1/?
    Kokoro Connect - 1/?

The stuff that I'm watching right now is pretty tightly packed around the weekend...
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Deadman wonderland is what I like to watch but other things like Bleach and such are just as good too.

Spoiler:- Credits:

11. Default

I'm too lazy to make big lists like Jolt and CC but I'm watching the stuff in my signature. And am more or less up to date with them all, plus some older series from past seasons.

Might go back and Restart and subsequently FINISH K-ON! and IDOLM@STER........

Latest thing I completed was Nazo no Kanojo X~~~

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I especially like how they showed a few seconds of animation from the fight you never get to see at the end of episode 3.
    Wait, what? I don't usually watch previews so...
    *checks*
    OH YOU COCKSUCKERS!
    The worst part is, the worst part is, the reason I decided to reach for Katanagatari after it was in my backlog all this time is because of that clip. I saw a gif and thought "wow, this animation is amazing, I should give it a go!"
    Then I end up with Edo period Bakemonogatari. I'm hoping there's at least ONE fight that looks that good and manages to last for more than a minute (or 5 seconds given this shows average...).

Looks like that gif I saved is a monument to my stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    I'm too lazy to make big lists like Jolt and CC but I'm watching the stuff in my signature. And am more or less up to date with them all, plus some older series from past seasons.
    Please, my list is nowhere near as big as Jolteon's. I'm watching a total of TWO new shows this season.

Been meaning to get into Madoka Magica just to see what all the hype is about or if it even worth its hype. So far only two episodes in.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    deviantART ~ Tumblr ~ MAL

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Been meaning to get into Madoka Magica just to see what all the hype is about or if it even worth its hype. So far only two episodes in.
    congrats, you WIN @ LIFE!

Please, my list is nowhere near as big as Jolteon's. I'm watching a total of TWO new shows this season.
    Lol, may be my imagination, but I always recall you having at least 10-15 series ongoing in your queue.

congrats, you WIN @ LIFE!
    Lol, what? Joking aside, it has a pretty good premise but hopefully it gets a good as people say it gets. Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Lol, what? Joking aside, it has a pretty good premise but hopefully it gets a good as people say it gets. Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint.
    If it lives up to hype, is up to how hyped you got, but I enjoyed it throughly........

That was far too easy. Jolteon, you could've replaced "IDOLM@STER" with "Boku no Pico" and easily have got them to watch it.
    Boku no Pico? *Goes to watch* OH HELL NO!

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahabaki View Post
    im pretty sure your 4 suggestions can be considered overrated.
    Actually Guilty Crown is the only one that can be considered overrated imo. The others are pretty good anime series. Besides, it's not really good for a newbie to have Bleach as his first anime.
    No one has ever or will ever do that and if they do they are a moron.
    It doesn't sound that ridiculous. It probably would've done it if someone told me to last year. But then again I might also be a moron.

Didn't Guilty Crown end up sucking? I also recommend Steins;Gate (even though the lack of a dub might turn off a newcomer) and I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana but from what I've heard about Guilty Crown it wasn't that good. :\
    Guilty Crown is only bad from a veteran's point of view. They've seen lots of anime and can easily tell which ones are bad. Newbies are usually much more tolerable when it comes to anime clichés and weak character development (that's me!) because they haven't seen as much "good" anime as others.

Episode 5 of Katanagatari was amazing so I guess I can forgive them for the ******** in episode 4. I still feel as bad as Togame when she found out it was "chesto" and not "cheerio" I can't believe I got tricked like that. Also I'm starting to love Yukari Tamura's voice.

Lol, may be my imagination, but I always recall you having at least 10-15 series ongoing in your queue.
    For the last two or three seasons I've had about 10 shows that I've been watching. It's kind of nice to ease up for the summer, most of the new series don't interest me AND I get to catch up on my ridiculous backlog.

Though I must steel myself for the onslaught that will begin in Fall. I'll end up having a massive list then, be sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Boku no Pico? *Goes to watch* OH HELL NO!
    Ah haa haaaa~

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Guilty Crown is only bad from a veteran's point of view. They've seen lots of anime and can easily tell which ones are bad. Newbies are usually much more tolerable when it comes to anime clichés and weak character development (that's me!) because they haven't seen as much "good" anime as others.
    Yeah. On the other side of the spectrum is when people watch the legitimately "good" anime as one of their first. I think what happens is they have their minds blown but then someone else comes along who didn't appreciate it as much and thinks they're giving it too much praise. That when the word "overrated" gets thrown around, which isn't all that fair.

20. Default

Episode 5 of Katanagatari was amazing so I guess I can forgive them for the ******** in episode 4. I still feel as bad as Togame when she found out it was "chesto" and not "cheerio" I can't believe I got tricked like that. Also I'm starting to love Yukari Tamura's voice.

For the last two or three seasons I've had about 10 shows that I've been watching. It's kind of nice to ease up for the summer, most of the new series don't interest me AND I get to catch up on my ridiculous backlog.

Though I must steel myself for the onslaught that will begin in Fall. I'll end up having a massive list then, be sure of it.
    I think I saw Jolt also mention Fall, did the list already come out for fall??? share plz?

Overrated is a word that does get thrown a ton but many misuse the world it associate it with series that don't really deserve it or are worthy of it praise.

I think I saw Jolt also mention Fall, did the list already come out for fall??? share plz?
    Jormungand 2
    Hidamari Sketxh x Hineycomb
    Robotics;Notes
    Pyscho-Pass
    Seitokai no Ichizon 2
    To-Love Ru: Darkness
    Hayate no Gotoku season 3
    Jojo's Bizare Adventue
    K
    Urobuchi Gen has an original anime that will air in fall
    There are three (THREE!!!) iDOLM@STER OVAs in fall

And I'm forgetting something, I'm sure it'll come to me sooner or later.

Little Busters is still only rumoured at this point, but fingers crossed we get confirmation soon.
    I've seen some people who seem to think KyoAni's next series Chuunibyo Demo Koi go Shitai will air in Fall, I think that's unlikely though given that KyoAni like to focus on a single project at a time, and there is generally a good few months between KyoAni releases.
    I've seen one list which has a Planetarian movie being animated by P.A. Works listed, now while it would be awesome there has been no news regarding any adaptation, so I really don't know where people got this one from.
    My Anime List

I still need to watch Ao no Exorcist, it's on my long backlog of A-1 Pictures stuff I'm yet to watch.
    My Anime List

It's nothing special, really.

Edit: Kinda stupid, but I only just noticed that Hakase's voice and Sakamoto's voice from Nichijou did Lucky Channel in Lucky Star.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 12th July 2012 at 7:30 AM.

Page 181 of 519 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast