Page 132 of 517 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 12903

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Only 13? Hm, I might pick this up then.
    Regardless of the episode number, I think this anime deserves a chance. I personally didn't expect I'd like the first episode.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Regardless of the episode number, I think this anime deserves a chance. I personally didn't expect I'd like the first episode.
    Well, it's not that I dislike long anime series. It's just that when I start an anime I don't like to drop it unless it's utter garbage. Even if it's only kind of bad, I stick through to the end. And when it comes to 50 episodes I get cautious so that I don't to stick myself watching something for a year that I end up only half-enjoying

Is it good? I'm kinda worried about jumping into it since it's apparently a decade long manga that's still going and I don't know if a short anime can do that justice. Fear of crappy anime-original ending and whatnot.
    I've never read the manga, so I've got no idea how it's adapted that but for what it's worth I enjoyed it. The action was cool, the animation was fairly good and so were the designs. The episode's villain was suitably evil and threatening and our protagonist was actually quite likeable as 'kid heroes' go (although it looks like he'll be grown-up in the next episode). It was a fun, fast-paced action show. I think it's pretty good.
    Done here.

Tiger & Bunny - 25/25
    Steins;Gate - 24/24

The Future Diary - 24/26
    Bodacious Space Pirates - 13/26
    Paranoia Agent - 13/13
    Library War - 12/12
    UN-GO - 11/11

Fighting Spirit - 63/75
    Accel World - 2/24
    Steins;Gate: Egoistic Poriomania

Yeah, I finished a heck of a lot of series in one day because it was the anime society's last showing of the year, so let me try to get my thoughts in order:

I thought Tiger & Bunny was pretty inconsistent at the beginning in terms of quality, but it soon solidified into something really good. I loved the whole idea of superheroes working for a TV corporation, and Kotetsu was a wonderful lead character. The final arc in particular was superb.

I loved Steins;Gate so much. The humour was just my style, and I wasn't bored with the lightness of the series before the tonal shift at all. I loved the contrast before and after the change in tone, and I loved how the characters were built up in both sections. Wonderful chemistry between the cast, too. Okabe was really fun to watch at times, but had amazingly enviable determination when it came to his friends, and I couldn't have asked for a better lead. I could go on, but I'll just say that this is definitely one of my new favourite anime.

Paranoia Agent was really, really weird. But it was a fun weird, by and large. I think I enjoyed the series best when I was laughing at just how bizarre it was. There were some good serious bits in the first half, but the second half was so mental that the plot couldn't quite keep up. Overall though, a good, solid series.

Library War was just dull. I don't understand what they were trying to do with the cel-shading, but I didn't like it. Kasahara fell into the category of "too weepy for me to give a damn", and everyone else was pretty boring.

UN-GO had a poor first half for sure with its disjointed mysteries that ended far too quickly for it to seem like anything worthwhile was achieved, but it definitely improved after that. When the mysteries involved the core cast more, things got pretty interesting. I hated Inga and the quirk that people had to answer one question he/she (it makes sense if you've watched it, trust me) asked truthfully, though, and I never quite got over that. But it was a decent series, and certainly not as bad as I thought after I dropped it the first time around.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 4th April 2012 at 1:40 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Is it good? I'm kinda worried about jumping into it since it's apparently a decade long manga that's still going and I don't know if a short anime can do that justice. Fear of crappy anime-original ending and whatnot.
    I enjoyed the first episode, however I noticed a few people on MAL who read the manga complaining that at the pace it went they are going to cram too much into 13 episodes, only time will tell how it turns out I guess.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Spoiler:- pmmm:
    Last edited by Arahabaki; 5th April 2012 at 8:07 PM.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Hanasaku Iroha - 15/26
    Tales of the Abyss - 6/26
    Mirai Nikki - 5/26

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli766 View Post
        Spoiler:- :
    Mad spoilers.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I loved Steins;Gate so much. The humour was just my style, and I wasn't bored with the lightness of the series before the tonal shift at all. I loved the contrast before and after the change in tone, and I loved how the characters were built up in both sections. Wonderful chemistry between the cast, too. Okabe was really fun to watch at times, but had amazingly enviable determination when it came to his friends, and I couldn't have asked for a better lead. I could go on, but I'll just say that this is definitely one of my new favourite anime.
    Okabe is definitely one of the best protagonists in anime, and his show was one of the best too. He's the coolest MAD SCIENTIST this side of Mechanicsburg.

Paranoia Agent was really, really weird. But it was a fun weird, by and large. I think I enjoyed the series best when I was laughing at just how bizarre it was. There were some good serious bits in the first half, but the second half was so mental that the plot couldn't quite keep up. Overall though, a good, solid series.
    Eheeheehee. I bloody love Paranoia Agent. It's one of my favourite anime.

UN-GO had a poor first half for sure with its disjointed mysteries that ended far too quickly for it to seem like anything worthwhile was achieved, but it definitely improved after that. When the mysteries involved the core cast more, things got pretty interesting. I hated Inga and the quirk that people had to answer one question he/she (it makes sense if you've watched it, trust me) asked truthfully, though, and I never quite got over that. But it was a decent series, and certainly not as bad as I thought after I dropped it the first time around.
    Does it really get better? I really like good detective shows so I was really put off by the gigantic fail of a first episode.

Spoiler:- :
    More to the point, y u do dis? You'd better hope everyone who reads this thread has seenit already. Just get some tags on that quicksmart.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Does it really get better? I really like good detective shows so I was really put off by the gigantic fail of a first episode.
    It does, but not until quite late in my opinion. You'd have to sit through six poor episodes or so before you get to the five good episodes or so. If you wanted to skip it, I wouldn't say that you'd missed out on an amazing series or anything.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 25/-
    Naruto: Shippuuden 256/-
    Mirai Nikki 24/26
    Mouretsu Pirates 13/26
    Ozuma 3/6
    Uchuu Kyoudai 1/-
    Natsuiro Kiseki 1/12
    Accel World 2/24
    Zetman 1/13
    Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 1/-
    Yurumates 3D 1/-

A-Channel OVA 1/2
    Nichijou 18/26 (Re-watching)
    Hidamari Sketch 4/12

And my list is starting to get longer again.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 4th April 2012 at 2:49 PM.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    It does, but not until quite late in my opinion. You'd have to sit through six poor episodes or so before you get to the five good episodes or so. If you wanted to skip it, I wouldn't say that you'd missed out on an amazing series or anything.
    Ah, okay. I'll just forget it exists then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Nichijou 118/26 (Re-watching)
    Oh, if only.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Oh, if only.
    Yes, if only my typos magically turned into reality, what a wonderful world that would be.
    My Anime List

sorry, i kinda assumed everyone here did watch it.
    Last edited by Arahabaki; 4th April 2012 at 6:19 PM.

MyAnime List
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Spoiler:- u madoka?:
    becuz darkplot

sorry, i kinda assumed everyone here did watch it.
    Probably best to go back and add spoiler tags just in case.

16. Default

Mirai Nikki 24/26? Up to date XD
    Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou 2/13

18. Default

Nice job blitzing through that series in a couple days.
    Not even, like 36 hours XD, not too sure the final 2 eps can leave me pleased though.

Ah, that's how I prefer to watch anime, not having that awful week to week wait.

I'm also marathoning Future Diary, although procrastination is a *****.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I'm also marathoning Future Diary, although procrastination is a *****.
    Cool beans~~~

I may have to look toward the manga, which I think ended 2 years ago unless the anime has an original ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Cool beans~~~

I may have to look toward the manga, which I think ended 2 years ago unless the anime has an original ending.
    No, apparently it's following the manga pretty well.

I like watching week to week, but hey.

Bakemonogatari - 10
    Fairy Tail - 79
    Mirai Nikki - 20
    Monster - 7
    Naruto Shippuden - 252
    One Piece - 538
    Maria Holic Alive - 6

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 25/-
    Naruto: Shippuuden 257/-
    Mirai Nikki 24/26
    Mouretsu Pirates 13/26
    Ozuma 3/6
    Uchuu Kyoudai 1/-
    Natsuiro Kiseki 1/12
    Accel World 2/24
    Zetman 1/13
    Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 1/-
    Yurumates 3D 1/-
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 1/10
    A-Channel OVA 1/2
    Nichijou 22/26 (Re-watching)
    Hidamari Sketch 5/12

So all the seiyuu that voiced characters in the Little Busters! VN are returning to voice their respective characters in the anime adaptation, which makes me one happy panda.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 5th April 2012 at 1:41 PM.
    My Anime List

MyAnime List

Not gonna lie, I had a good laugh at this.

Page 132 of 517 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast