Page 146 of 559 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 13964

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

  1. #3626
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    When did I ever say I dislike Hyouka? I'm simply not jumping the gun.

    It's an interesting show, I admit that. But calling the first two episodes amazing (in which case I'm forced to doubt your standards) so far and saying it will be the best anime or something is truly overhyping it even for the KyoAni fanboys. Do I think Hyouka has potential to become a great show? Yes, I do. Am I going to illogically praise every episode simply because it's done by KyoAni and has pretty animation? No, I won't.

    See, this is the problem with you fanboys. You won't even bother to criticize the episode or find a single flaw.
    I never said it will be the best anime ever. Now you're the one who's jumping the gun.

    Like I said, at this point I can't find any flaws in the show. I'm not saying it will be perfect the whole way through or anything of the like. And I never asked you to praise it at all. I'm just having an incredible time watching it and I'd prefer for you not to take a shit on my fun by throwing around words like "overhyped" again and again.

  2. #3627
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I heard. As if this anime couldn't get any better.
    There's only one seiyuu who could make it better, I really shouldn't have to tell you his name considering how awesome he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    This is for our #1 Idolm@ster fanboy extra episode preview...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sqX87WvAiTU
    The only thing that would top this is the season 2 announcement, which is bound to happen considering the amount of merchandise this serious has sold, it would be stupid not to have a season 2.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st May 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  3. #3628
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    There's only one seiyuu who could make it better, I really shouldn't have to tell you his name considering how awesome he is.
    Minoru Shirashi Daisuke Ono!

  4. #3629
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Minoru Shirashi Daisuke Ono!
    Exactly right. On the subject of Ono Daisuke, I watched an episode of Dantalian no Shoka and came to the realisation Hugh Anthony Disward could possibly be the greatest anime character ever, as he is voiced by both Ono Daisuke and Hanazawa Kana.

    EDIT: Wow, volume 1. of the Nisemonogatari BD sold 50k copies in it's first week, now when you consider 6-8k sales is considered a success, Nisemonogatari is phenomenal.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st May 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  5. #3630
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Exactly right. On the subject of Ono Daisuke, I watched an episode of Dantalian no Shoka and came to the realisation Hugh Anthony Disward could possibly be the greatest anime character ever, as he is voiced by both Ono Daisuke and Hanazawa Kana.
    Wait, she does the younger version of him? *checks* Oh my God you're right!

    You gonna watch the full series? It's your favourite VA playing a character as boss and as suave as you could imagine.

    Chihayafuru - 18
    Eureka Seven: AO - 3
    Fate/Zero - 17
    Highlander: The Search For Vengeance - COMPLETE
    Hunter X Hunter - 29
    Hyouka - 2
    Kids On The Slope - 3
    Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? Of The Dead - 4
    Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 4
    Space Brothers - 5
    Zetman - 4

    I heard Madhouse made a Highlander movie so I checked it out. It lives up to the story the original created and takes advantage of the animated side of it too. The movie creates some dramatic and impressive settings and scenes that the original couldn't afford. It's not really a retelling or an adaptation of the first story, it sort of feels more like an alternate universe. Not really as good as the original but better than anything else the series has put out from what I've heard.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 1st May 2012 at 11:12 AM.

  6. #3631
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Wait, she does the younger version of him? *checks* Oh my God you're right!

    You gonna watch the full series? It's your favourite VA playing a character as boss and as suave as you could imagine.
    My favourite male and female seiyuu both voice the same character, of course I'm going to watch it, will wait for a few of my currently airing stuff to end first though.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  7. #3632
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I never said it will be the best anime ever. Now you're the one who's jumping the gun.
    When did I mention the word 'ever'? I merely referred to the point when you said that Hyouka might be the best spring show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    And I never asked you to praise it at all.
    Then I'd prefer it if you didn't call me a hater for not being a fanboy. Seriously, that just makes you come off as an obnoxious fanboy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I'm just having an incredible time watching it and I'd prefer for you not to take a shit on my fun by throwing around words like "overhyped" again and again.
    Wrong, I said overrated. It was way overhyped before its release anyway, so that overhype thing was already proven long time ago. And I'm not taking a shit on your fun, I'm merely just pointing out something KyoAni fanboys are incapable of pointing out. So yeah, this is by no means a perfect anime and I don't expect it to be. And please stop referring to my personal opinion as "shitting on your fun" as the world does not revolve around you, babe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  8. #3633
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Then I'd prefer it if you didn't call me a hater for not being a fanboy. Seriously, that just makes you come off as an obnoxious fanboy.
    Show me where I said "you're a hater for not being a fanboy." I didn't call you a hater. I don't care if you're a fanboy or not. Stop putting words in my mouth to claim I'm an obnoxious fanboy.

    Wrong, I said overrated. It was way overhyped before its release anyway, so that overhype thing was already proven long time ago. And I'm not taking a shit on your fun, I'm merely just pointing out something KyoAni fanboys are incapable of pointing out. So yeah, this is by no means a perfect anime and I don't expect it to be. And please stop referring to my personal opinion as "shitting on your fun" as the world does not revolve around you, babe.
    Okay, here's a few questions. Have you read the novel? Do you know the plot (no spoiler please if you do)? Or are you just going off what someone else has told you? You can't exactly call something overhyped, or overrated, or whatever other one-word-insult you come up with to immediately write it off as not worth the praise people enjoy giving it if you don't know the full story. The show's had two episodes. Unless you know what happens (again please don't fill me in on later plot details) you shouldn't say overrated if it hasn't even finished airing. I can't point out that the story meets expectations either.

    Now I have gone to say that I'm a fanboy for Kyoto Animation before. But that doesn't mean you need to imply that I'm incapable of pointing out flaws in a series at every opportunity you can. I know every show has it's flaws and I'm sure some will pop up for this one later. Maybe future revelations will reveal that the first two episodes aren't as good as I am saying, but I don't know. Until then don't assume I'm someone who can't find flaws in one of my favourite studios, and I won't assume you're someone who dislikes shows just because they receive attention.

  9. #3634
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I've finished the Enies Lobby Arc of the CP9 Saga of One Piece.

    Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

  10. #3635
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Show me where I said "you're a hater for not being a fanboy." I didn't call you a hater. I don't care if you're a fanboy or not. Stop putting words in my mouth to claim I'm an obnoxious fanboy.
    Oh, but you jumped on conclusion by claiming I disliked the show. How the hell did 'overrated' make you feel as if I dislike Hyouka?

    Please explain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Have you read the novel? Do you know the plot (no spoiler please if you do)? Or are you just going off what someone else has told you? You can't exactly call something overhyped, or overrated, or whatever other one-word-insult you come up with to immediately write it off as not worth the praise people enjoy giving it if you don't know the full story.
    Nope, I didn't. Actually, yes I can. I don't see why I couldn't, I have every right to criticize the show or its fandom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    The show's had two episodes. Unless you know what happens (again please don't fill me in on later plot details) you shouldn't say overrated if it hasn't even finished airing. I can't point out that the story meets expectations either.
    Dude, you people are jumping around over GIFs and exciting over pretty animation more than anything - have you even seen your posts? If that isn't overrated, then I don't know what it is. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Until then don't assume I'm someone who can't find flaws in one of my favourite studios, and I won't assume you're someone who dislikes shows just because they receive attention.
    But Hyouka does receive a lot of attention, and that's okay - the attention thing. But being overrated is simply something different. I mean, I may not have read the novel and others may have which is why they have every right to love this show because they know things will eventually turn out to be great - but for me who never read the novel and has just started watching the anime, why am I not allowed to criticize to show and the episodes?

    Hyouka has a lot of potential and the second episode was admittedly much better than the first one but there are many stuff they can improve - much more stuff. Hyouka may do that in the following episodes but until then - I'm not going to freak out over pretty animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  11. #3636
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Dude, you people are jumping around over GIFs and exciting over pretty animation more than anything - have you even seen your posts? If that isn't overrated, then I don't know what it is. xD
    KyoAni's animation quality can never be overrated.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  12. #3637
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    KyoAni's animation quality can never be overrated.
    Well it does look quite spectacular, but animation doesn't define one anime.

    Unless it does and I've been living under a rock my whole life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  13. #3638
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Accel World 4/24
    Acchi Kocchi 4/-
    AKB0048 1/-
    Eureka Seven Ao 3/-
    Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san 4/-
    Hyouka 2/21
    Jormungand 3/12
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 4/10
    Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 4/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 29/-
    Mouretsu Pirates 17/26
    Naruto: Shippuuden 260/-
    Natsuiro Kiseki 4/12
    Nazo no Kanojo X 3/13
    Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 4/-
    Sakamichi no Apollon 3/11
    Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 4/12
    Sankarea 4/-
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 4/12
    Tsuritama 3/11
    Uchuu Kyoudai 5/-
    Yurumates 3D 5/-
    Zetman 5/13


    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Well it does look quite spectacular, but animation doesn't define one anime.

    Unless it does and I've been living under a rock my whole life.
    Of course it doesn't define an anime series, but I fail to see how us fanboying over KyoAni's quality is overrating the show, when you yourself now admit it looks "spectacular" are you overrating the show now too?
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st May 2012 at 1:52 PM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  14. #3639
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Of course it doesn't define an anime series, but I fail to see how us fanboying over KyoAni's quality is overrating the show, when you yourself now admit it looks "spectacular" are you overrating the show now too?
    I've only complimented the only great aspect of Hyouka so far which is animation and perhaps music.

    The characters, mysteries - they still have their opportunity to improve.

    Also, my biggest issue is with the fans who confuse the animation quality with the episode quality. Like you said, animation does not define an anime series and thus I don't see a reason why people should freak out over Hyouka simply because of that. It has great animation, yes, but what about the characters? The mysteries? Except for animation, Hyouka isn't really all that awesome as most of you make it out to be.

    It's like me saying that Guilty Crown is awesome simply because of its music of animation. (in which case, I totally ignore the trainwreck of plot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  15. #3640
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    I've only complimented the only great aspect of Hyouka so far which is animation and perhaps music.
    Which is exactly what we have been complementing the most, the animation quality, so once again, how is it overrated?

    Also, my biggest issue is with the fans who confuse the animation quality with the episode quality. Like you said, animation does not define an anime series and thus I don't see a reason why people should freak out over Hyouka simply because of that. It has great animation, yes, but what about the characters? The mysteries? Except for animation, Hyouka isn't really all that awesome as most of you make it out to be.
    That's all your opinion though, I personally like the four main characters given what they've shown us so far, especially Chitanda, just because you don't like the characters doesn't make the series overrated.

    It's like me saying that Guilty Crown is awesome simply because of its music of animation.
    I'll happily say I enjoyed Guilty Crown purely for the visuals and it's OST, so what's your point here?
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  16. #3641
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Which is exactly what we have been complementing the most, the animation quality, so once again, how is it overrated?
    And I repeat, just animation doesn't make Hyouka that great of an anime.

    So, how long are you fanboys going to be targeting me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    That's all your opinion though, I personally like the four main characters given what they've shown us so far, especially Chitanda, just because you don't like the characters doesn't make the series overrated.
    There you fanboys go again, jumping on wild conclusions with no proof whatsoever.

    For your information, I'm warming up to all the characters except for the protagonist who still doesn't seem click for me, for some reason. We're two episodes in and the characters don't suck but am I gonna call this anime awesome? Nope. It's not like I'm a fanboy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I'll happily say I enjoyed Guilty Crown purely for the visuals and it's OST, so what's your point here?
    While I do have to admit that some of the plot wasn't handled very well, I enjoyed Guilty Crown too.

    That still doesn't mean Hyouka is awesome. Two episodes isn't enough for me to assume whether an anime is going to be amazing or a complete failure.
    Last edited by Janovy; 1st May 2012 at 2:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  17. #3642
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    I don't understand why ben_pokemon is being attacked so much. In a sense, I agree with what he's saying. Hyouka's main strengths for me are its gorgeous visuals and the relationship between Chitanda and Oreki. I think the mysteries are there to drive character relationships forward, and in that sense I think KyoAni have done a great job, and I don't think they need to become more complicated until they become the main focus of the show.

    I will say, though, that I think the first two episodes have been overrated a little, because it's had a bit of a slow start and nothing terribly exciting has happened yet. I can't blame it for that because it feels like the type of anime that draws you in slowly, but the point is that I don't know how it'll turn out in the future, so I can only judge it on the content of the first two episodes right now.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

    I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

  18. #3643
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Damn it, Acchi Kocchi, why you so funny?
    More to the point, why you so adorable? This show could reduce Bruce Willis to a gibbering wreck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    How come it took you this long to watch it? Any talk I've seen of the show always comes with a recommendation.
    I... haven't watched it. *adds to -to-watch list* Well, I guess I'll see it in... 2017?

    Accel World - 4/24
    Acchi Kocchi - 4/-
    Fate/zero - 17/25
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 32/51
    Hyouka - 2/21
    Jormungand - 3/12
    Kids on the Slope - 3/11
    Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 4/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam - 42/42 FINISHED
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 4/13
    Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos - 3/12
    Saki - 2 (and a bit)/25 DROPPED
    Sankarea - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 5/-
    Tsuritama - 3/11
    Zetman - 5/13 DROPPED

    Screw you, Zetman. Just screw you.

    Way to pull out the ridiculous melodrama, Accel World.

    I'd like to add my voice to the argument in this thread. Hyouka is being pretty overhyped. It's decent, but there's a lot much better things to choose from this season as they stand right now.

    Hee. Nyarko-san is awesomesauce.

    Mysterious Girlfriend X: Now with yuri! It keeps getting better and better!

    My friend (who is a big fan) made me watch some Saki. Unfortunately, it turns out that Saki is one of the most laughably bad anime I've ever seen. I took pleasure in telling my friend so. In response, he took pleasure in turning up the volume and locking his keyboard.

    Started on Sankarea. It's pretty interesting. I hope it won't take me too long to catch up.

    As a final thing, not anime (but hey! The manga section sucks) but this is a good a place as any to say this, OH MY GOD SHAMAN KING: FLOWERS HAS STARTED THIS IS A GLORIOUS OCCASION FOR ALL HUMANITY. Ahem.
    Done here.

  19. #3644
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I will say, though, that I think the first two episodes have been overrated a little, because it's had a bit of a slow start and nothing terribly exciting has happened yet. I can't blame it for that because it feels like the type of anime that draws you in slowly, but the point is that I don't know how it'll turn out in the future, so I can only judge it on the content of the first two episodes right now.
    Thank you!

    Finally, someone with a common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  20. #3645
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    I really don't see how I can drive this point any further: I don't enjoy Hyouka purely because it has great animation. I don't enjoy Hyouka purely because I am a KyoAni fanboy.

    I've come to realize that ben_pokemon won't be convinced otherwise and will believe I am not a blind fanboy with no sense of logic in his head and who will praise each and every second of a show just because it looks pretty. That is the impression I am getting from posts like these:

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    There you fanboys go again, jumping on wild conclusions with no proof whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Thank you!

    Finally, someone with a common sense.
    I came here to discuss anime, not to be insulted.

  21. #3646
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    I can't help it when you guys assume I dislike the show and attack me when I claim it's overrated - which is true - because I'm not the only one who thinks that way. KyoAni fans need to chill the fuck out and get on the ground, others are allowed to have opinions as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  22. #3647
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,576

    Default

    There's a way to tell someone to calm down, then there's being rude.

  23. #3648
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    I'm sorry for my language, but such people irritate the hell out of me.

    Just let my opinion be, dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

  24. #3649
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    I can't help it when you guys assume I dislike the show and attack me when I claim it's overrated - which is true - because I'm not the only one who thinks that way. KyoAni fans need to chill the fuck out and get on the ground, others are allowed to have opinions as well.
    It's not true just because you and a few others think that way, it's still opinion. Me and a few others think the show isn't overrated, that doesn't make it fact.

    And I'm sorry if I irritated you by enjoying an anime. That's just what I'm here for.

  25. #3650
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    And I'm sorry if I irritated you by enjoying an anime. That's just what I'm here for.
    Not really, you irritated me by attacking me for having my own opinion.

    Oh well, you have been forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

Page 146 of 559 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •