Page 147 of 519 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 12973

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Show me where I said "you're a hater for not being a fanboy." I didn't call you a hater. I don't care if you're a fanboy or not. Stop putting words in my mouth to claim I'm an obnoxious fanboy.
    Oh, but you jumped on conclusion by claiming I disliked the show. How the hell did 'overrated' make you feel as if I dislike Hyouka?

Please explain?

Have you read the novel? Do you know the plot (no spoiler please if you do)? Or are you just going off what someone else has told you? You can't exactly call something overhyped, or overrated, or whatever other one-word-insult you come up with to immediately write it off as not worth the praise people enjoy giving it if you don't know the full story.
    Nope, I didn't. Actually, yes I can. I don't see why I couldn't, I have every right to criticize the show or its fandom.

The show's had two episodes. Unless you know what happens (again please don't fill me in on later plot details) you shouldn't say overrated if it hasn't even finished airing. I can't point out that the story meets expectations either.
    Dude, you people are jumping around over GIFs and exciting over pretty animation more than anything - have you even seen your posts? If that isn't overrated, then I don't know what it is. xD

Until then don't assume I'm someone who can't find flaws in one of my favourite studios, and I won't assume you're someone who dislikes shows just because they receive attention.
    But Hyouka does receive a lot of attention, and that's okay - the attention thing. But being overrated is simply something different. I mean, I may not have read the novel and others may have which is why they have every right to love this show because they know things will eventually turn out to be great - but for me who never read the novel and has just started watching the anime, why am I not allowed to criticize to show and the episodes?

Hyouka has a lot of potential and the second episode was admittedly much better than the first one but there are many stuff they can improve - much more stuff. Hyouka may do that in the following episodes but until then - I'm not going to freak out over pretty animation.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Dude, you people are jumping around over GIFs and exciting over pretty animation more than anything - have you even seen your posts? If that isn't overrated, then I don't know what it is. xD
    KyoAni's animation quality can never be overrated.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    KyoAni's animation quality can never be overrated.
    Well it does look quite spectacular, but animation doesn't define one anime.

Unless it does and I've been living under a rock my whole life.

Accel World 4/24
    Acchi Kocchi 4/-
    AKB0048 1/-
    Eureka Seven Ao 3/-
    Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san 4/-
    Hyouka 2/21
    Jormungand 3/12
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 4/10
    Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 4/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 29/-
    Mouretsu Pirates 17/26
    Naruto: Shippuuden 260/-
    Natsuiro Kiseki 4/12
    Nazo no Kanojo X 3/13
    Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 4/-
    Sakamichi no Apollon 3/11
    Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 4/12
    Sankarea 4/-
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 4/12
    Tsuritama 3/11
    Uchuu Kyoudai 5/-
    Yurumates 3D 5/-
    Zetman 5/13

Well it does look quite spectacular, but animation doesn't define one anime.

Unless it does and I've been living under a rock my whole life.
    Of course it doesn't define an anime series, but I fail to see how us fanboying over KyoAni's quality is overrating the show, when you yourself now admit it looks "spectacular" are you overrating the show now too?
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st May 2012 at 1:52 PM.
    My Anime List

Of course it doesn't define an anime series, but I fail to see how us fanboying over KyoAni's quality is overrating the show, when you yourself now admit it looks "spectacular" are you overrating the show now too?
    I've only complimented the only great aspect of Hyouka so far which is animation and perhaps music.

The characters, mysteries - they still have their opportunity to improve.

Also, my biggest issue is with the fans who confuse the animation quality with the episode quality. Like you said, animation does not define an anime series and thus I don't see a reason why people should freak out over Hyouka simply because of that. It has great animation, yes, but what about the characters? The mysteries? Except for animation, Hyouka isn't really all that awesome as most of you make it out to be.

It's like me saying that Guilty Crown is awesome simply because of its music of animation. (in which case, I totally ignore the trainwreck of plot)

I've only complimented the only great aspect of Hyouka so far which is animation and perhaps music.
    Which is exactly what we have been complementing the most, the animation quality, so once again, how is it overrated?

Also, my biggest issue is with the fans who confuse the animation quality with the episode quality. Like you said, animation does not define an anime series and thus I don't see a reason why people should freak out over Hyouka simply because of that. It has great animation, yes, but what about the characters? The mysteries? Except for animation, Hyouka isn't really all that awesome as most of you make it out to be.
    That's all your opinion though, I personally like the four main characters given what they've shown us so far, especially Chitanda, just because you don't like the characters doesn't make the series overrated.

It's like me saying that Guilty Crown is awesome simply because of its music of animation.
    I'll happily say I enjoyed Guilty Crown purely for the visuals and it's OST, so what's your point here?
    My Anime List

Which is exactly what we have been complementing the most, the animation quality, so once again, how is it overrated?
    And I repeat, just animation doesn't make Hyouka that great of an anime.

So, how long are you fanboys going to be targeting me?

That's all your opinion though, I personally like the four main characters given what they've shown us so far, especially Chitanda, just because you don't like the characters doesn't make the series overrated.
    There you fanboys go again, jumping on wild conclusions with no proof whatsoever.

For your information, I'm warming up to all the characters except for the protagonist who still doesn't seem click for me, for some reason. We're two episodes in and the characters don't suck but am I gonna call this anime awesome? Nope. It's not like I'm a fanboy.

I'll happily say I enjoyed Guilty Crown purely for the visuals and it's OST, so what's your point here?
    While I do have to admit that some of the plot wasn't handled very well, I enjoyed Guilty Crown too.

That still doesn't mean Hyouka is awesome. Two episodes isn't enough for me to assume whether an anime is going to be amazing or a complete failure.
    Last edited by Janovy; 1st May 2012 at 2:24 PM.

I don't understand why ben_pokemon is being attacked so much. In a sense, I agree with what he's saying. Hyouka's main strengths for me are its gorgeous visuals and the relationship between Chitanda and Oreki. I think the mysteries are there to drive character relationships forward, and in that sense I think KyoAni have done a great job, and I don't think they need to become more complicated until they become the main focus of the show.

I will say, though, that I think the first two episodes have been overrated a little, because it's had a bit of a slow start and nothing terribly exciting has happened yet. I can't blame it for that because it feels like the type of anime that draws you in slowly, but the point is that I don't know how it'll turn out in the future, so I can only judge it on the content of the first two episodes right now.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Damn it, Acchi Kocchi, why you so funny?
    More to the point, why you so adorable? This show could reduce Bruce Willis to a gibbering wreck.

How come it took you this long to watch it? Any talk I've seen of the show always comes with a recommendation.
    I... haven't watched it. *adds to -to-watch list* Well, I guess I'll see it in... 2017?

Accel World - 4/24
    Acchi Kocchi - 4/-
    Fate/zero - 17/25
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 32/51
    Hyouka - 2/21
    Jormungand - 3/12
    Kids on the Slope - 3/11
    Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 4/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam - 42/42 FINISHED
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 4/13
    Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos - 3/12
    Saki - 2 (and a bit)/25 DROPPED
    Sankarea - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 5/-
    Tsuritama - 3/11
    Zetman - 5/13 DROPPED

Screw you, Zetman. Just screw you.

Way to pull out the ridiculous melodrama, Accel World.

I'd like to add my voice to the argument in this thread. Hyouka is being pretty overhyped. It's decent, but there's a lot much better things to choose from this season as they stand right now.

Hee. Nyarko-san is awesomesauce.

Mysterious Girlfriend X: Now with yuri! It keeps getting better and better!

My friend (who is a big fan) made me watch some Saki. Unfortunately, it turns out that Saki is one of the most laughably bad anime I've ever seen. I took pleasure in telling my friend so. In response, he took pleasure in turning up the volume and locking his keyboard.

Started on Sankarea. It's pretty interesting. I hope it won't take me too long to catch up.

As a final thing, not anime (but hey! The manga section sucks) but this is a good a place as any to say this, OH MY GOD SHAMAN KING: FLOWERS HAS STARTED THIS IS A GLORIOUS OCCASION FOR ALL HUMANITY. Ahem.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I will say, though, that I think the first two episodes have been overrated a little, because it's had a bit of a slow start and nothing terribly exciting has happened yet. I can't blame it for that because it feels like the type of anime that draws you in slowly, but the point is that I don't know how it'll turn out in the future, so I can only judge it on the content of the first two episodes right now.
    Thank you!

Finally, someone with a common sense.

I really don't see how I can drive this point any further: I don't enjoy Hyouka purely because it has great animation. I don't enjoy Hyouka purely because I am a KyoAni fanboy.

I've come to realize that ben_pokemon won't be convinced otherwise and will believe I am not a blind fanboy with no sense of logic in his head and who will praise each and every second of a show just because it looks pretty. That is the impression I am getting from posts like these:

There you fanboys go again, jumping on wild conclusions with no proof whatsoever.
    Thank you!

Finally, someone with a common sense.
    I came here to discuss anime, not to be insulted.

I can't help it when you guys assume I dislike the show and attack me when I claim it's overrated - which is true - because I'm not the only one who thinks that way. KyoAni fans need to chill the fuck out and get on the ground, others are allowed to have opinions as well.

There's a way to tell someone to calm down, then there's being rude.

I'm sorry for my language, but such people irritate the hell out of me.

Just let my opinion be, dammit.

I can't help it when you guys assume I dislike the show and attack me when I claim it's overrated - which is true - because I'm not the only one who thinks that way. KyoAni fans need to chill the fuck out and get on the ground, others are allowed to have opinions as well.
    It's not true just because you and a few others think that way, it's still opinion. Me and a few others think the show isn't overrated, that doesn't make it fact.

And I'm sorry if I irritated you by enjoying an anime. That's just what I'm here for.

And I'm sorry if I irritated you by enjoying an anime. That's just what I'm here for.
    Not really, you irritated me by attacking me for having my own opinion.

Oh well, you have been forgiven.

Not really, you irritated me by attacking me for having my own opinion.

Oh well, you have been forgiven.
    Yeah, sorry about calling you a hipster and assuming you disliked the show from saying it was overrated. Most people I see who throw around that word tend to have some sort of inner hatred towards whatever they're talking about. Other than that I can't find any point where I "attacked" you.

On the other hand you insulted me for my opinion, but that's alright, I forgive you as well.

Yeah, sorry about calling you a hipster and assuming you disliked the show from saying it was overrated. Most people I see who throw around that word tend to have some sort of inner hatred towards whatever they're talking about. Other than that I can't find any point where I "attacked" you.
    I don't know, when I saw all of you (and by all of you, I mean the two of you) debating me, it felt like attacking to me. Anyway, I'm not dissing this show just yet. I loved K-ON! and I just started watching Clannad and in comparison to Clannad - Hyouka's first two episodes were weaker.

On the other hand you insulted me for my opinion, but that's alright, I forgive you as well.
    Sorry for claiming my opinion as a fact.

I don't know, when I saw all of you (and by all of you, I mean the two of you) debating me, it felt like attacking to me. Anyway, I'm not dissing this show just yet. I loved K-ON! and I just started watching Clannad and in comparison to Clannad - Hyouka's first two episodes were weaker.
    Come to think of it I think I agree that Clannad had a stronger first two episodes. It establishes the majority of the characters in the series and Tomoya's daily life really well. There's good humor, dramatic hints of what's to come, and it only takes one scene to set up how close Nagisa is to her family. In Hyouka's first two episodes it seems that it has shown less focus on all the characters (with the smaller cast and all) but tries to draw in the audience with the mysteries it has/is going to have later. Oreki and Chitanda both have a firm hold on my interest, but the other two haven't made that sort of impression. Oreki's laziness is akin to Tomoya's dislike of his father, at the two episode mark we don't know what the real cause of it is yet. The ending of episode 2 in both cases have cliffhangers revolving the "main girl" of the series.

I really forget how K-On!'s first two episodes went. I remember Yui getting roped into the club and then going to find a guitar but I don't remember enough to draw comparisons.

gosick is pretty sick. i really like mystery animes.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli766 View Post
    gosick is pretty sick.
    WHAT YOU DID THERE. I see it.

Admittedly I didn't watch Gosick when it first came out. All I've seen is the opening and this video which is almost enough for me to go check it out. Maybe someday... are the mysteries really good?

Only shows that has had a stronger first 2 episodes than Clannad are DBZ and FMA.

I just finished Taisho Baseball Girls and Dokkoida! both great animes. I'm also going to start best Student Council again.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

24. Default

Accel World 4/24 watched them in a batch/all at once.

like it better that way(all 4 that are currently out that is...)

Accel World 4/24
    Acchi Kocchi 4/-
    AKB0048 1/-
    Eureka Seven Ao 3/-
    Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san 4/-
    Hyouka 2/21
    Jormungand 4/12
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 4/10
    Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 4/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 29/-
    Mouretsu Pirates 17/26
    Naruto: Shippuuden 260/-
    Natsuiro Kiseki 4/12
    Nazo no Kanojo X 3/13
    Recorder to Randoseru Re♪ 4/-
    Sakamichi no Apollon 3/11
    Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 4/12
    Sankarea 4/-
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 4/12
    Tsuritama 3/11
    Uchuu Kyoudai 5/-
    Yurumates 3D 5/-
    Zetman 5/13 - DROPPED

If I could ask Koko two questions, they would be as follows:

1. Why you so loco?
    2. Why you make me say "Oh no!"?
    I'm totally referencing that preview music every time I make a comment about this awesome show.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Screw you, Zetman. Just screw you.
    I whole heartedly agree with these sentiments.
    My Anime List

Page 147 of 519 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast