Page 220 of 529 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 13223

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So, worth watching?
    Definitely, the adaptation is looks promising going off the first two episodes. Himiko's backstory was brought forward, but it did not look out of place the way they handled it. Though it looks like fan subbers will be waiting for the TV airing later this week for the much better quality.

Those could be typos too? Waitting is also a typo.
    Nah, it's not a typo, here is a long and complicated explanation:
    I hate it when someone smorks in my face." For whatever reason, the English word "smoke" is often rendered as "smork" in Japan. The issue is how the Japanese perceive certain sounds, especially the "r" phoneme that's not familiar to them. Because Japanese is a syllable-based language in which you can express sounds like ka, ki, ku, ke or ko, but not the consonant "k" by itself, English words like "hello" "goodbye" or "beer, please" must be forced through this rather alien phonetic system, resulting in haroh (the final "h" representing an elongating of the previous vowel), guddobai and biiru puriizu. The very first fast food I ate in Japan was a McDonald's clone called First Kitchen (home of the world famous scrambled egg burger, yech), and I remember some confusion as to whether the company was First Kitchen or Fast Kitchen. Without the full repertoire of English sounds, the Japanese render the latter as fasuto and the former as fahsuto, with the longer middle vowel serving the role of the "r" in "first." This rule gets over-generalized in some words, which is why the long middle sound of the word sumo-ku (smoke) ends up as "smork.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st October 2012 at 3:48 AM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Definitely, the adaptation is looks promising going off the first two episodes. Himiko's backstory was brought forward, but it did not look out of place the way they handled it. Though it looks like fan subbers will be waiting for the TV airing later this week for the much better quality.
    Good to know, guess I'll be waiting for subs then. Do you watch stuff without subs now?

Nah, it's not a typo, here is a long and complicated explanation:
    Well, I already knew most of that thanks to taking that Japanese class back in university. But I didn't know smoke got translated to smork like that.

Good to know, guess I'll be waiting for subs then. Do you watch stuff without subs now?
    Some shows I can get through without subs, only if they use fairly basic language though, I'd have no hope getting through something like Bakemono or Nisemono, or more recently Shinsekai Yori. I understood about 30-40% of what was said in Btooom! However since I read the manga I pretty much knew what was going on already, will definitely re-watch it later with when the subs are out though. I do however still prefer using subs since they can be helpful with learning words I didn't know.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st October 2012 at 4:01 AM.
    My Anime List

It's pretty weird that when I watch a subless anime clip on Youtube I can pretty much figure out what's going on.

Makes me wonder if I'd be fluent in Japanese if I started watching subbed anime sooner.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's pretty weird that when I watch a subless anime clip on Youtube I can pretty much figure out what's going on.

Makes me wonder if I'd be fluent in Japanese if I started watching subbed anime sooner.
    You would.

Someone wanna spoil me "Who is THE Imouto?"

Put it in a spoiler if so.

5 episodes in and my money is on the Teacher, or Mr./Ms. Ikusu.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 1
    ef - a tale of memories - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 49
    Space Brothers - 26

Watched that mini episode of KyoAni's new series. I was expecting it to be cute, yes, but not THIS cute.

I don't know much about the plot but I did read up on what chuunibyou means today. Now I'm calling it right now if one/some of that girl's delusions are real, ŕ la Haurhi.

7. Default

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 1
    ef - a tale of memories - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 49
    Space Brothers - 26

Watched that mini episode of KyoAni's new series. I was expecting it to be cute, yes, but not THIS cute.

I don't know much about the plot but I did read up on what chuunibyou means today. Now I'm calling it right now if one/some of that girl's delusions are real, ŕ la Haurhi.
    WHERE have you been, it is the cutest thing to ever be created...!

She has the delusional type where she thinks she has divine powers/Evil Eye type.

Hence her claiming to have a Jaou-shin-gan/true eye of the devil/demon lord.

Also the seal on her arm. So cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    You would.

Someone wanna spoil me "Who is THE Imouto?"

Put it in a spoiler if so.

5 episodes in and my money is on the Teacher, or Mr./Ms. Ikusu.
        Spoiler:- As far as the anime is concerned:
    My Anime List

WHERE have you been, it is the cutest thing to ever be created...!

She has the delusional type where she thinks she has divine powers/Evil Eye type.

Hence her claiming to have a Jaou-shin-gan/true eye of the devil/demon lord.

Also the seal on her arm. So cute.
    I've been around, I just hadn't bothered to look up subs for the Lite episode until today.

So the Lite episodes will be going up on Thursdays? The day after the real episodes?

I've been around, I just hadn't bothered to look up subs for the Lite episode until today.

So the Lite episodes will be going up on Thursdays? The day after the real episodes?
    If they release them on the same day as the first episode it will be Saturdays.
    My Anime List

Kamisama no Memochou - 2/12
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - 2/12
    Sakamichi no Apollon - 2/12
    Sword Art Online - 13/25
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 3/27

Heard the opening of Kamisama no Memochou and I just had to see it. So far, it's interesting! Kokoro Connect's "last" episode was alright, but I really hope the other 4 get streamed. Don't have the money for Blu Ray. Started Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai just 'cause it suddenly popped into my head. Sword Art Online is cool as usual. Haven't been able to watch as much Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as I planned to; hope that won't decrease my enjoyment for it.

If they release them on the same day as the first episode it will be Saturdays.
    Isn't the first episode Wednesday October 3rd? Little Busters! is on Saturday.

13. Default

Why were some fanboys on ANN.com complaining that the animation quality for LB in the previews was subpar?

Looked fine to me. Guess my eyes are not 'refined'

Why were some fanboys on ANN.com complaining that the animation quality for LB in the previews was subpar?

I'm reserving my full judgement of the animation quality until I see the first episode.

I though LB was airing on the 5th. >.>

I though LB was airing on the 5th. >.>
    I looked it up and the internet tells me it's on the 6th.

17. Default

I'm reserving my full judgement of the animation quality until I see the first episode.
    Exactly. 5% of an episode is not sufficient to accurately judge animation quality. Ppl complaining the faces looked lifeless, choppy movement... etc.

Two reasons:

1. Because it's not KyoAni
    2. Because it's J.C. Staff

I meant the first episode of the Lite.

EDIT: My bad, it is Thursdays. I was going off of air date, and not day, the first episode aired on the 27th however I forgot to move back to September and was looking at the 27th of October.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st October 2012 at 5:47 AM.
    My Anime List

Exactly. 5% of an episode is not sufficient to accurately judge animation quality. Ppl complaining the faces looked lifeless, choppy movement... etc.
    That seems pretty dumb. I still have my own worries though since...

Two reasons:

1. Because it's not KyoAni
    2. Because it's J.C. Staff
    ...yeah.

I meant the first episode of the Lite.
    Oh, okay I understand now. I went to KyoAni's YouTube before and saw that it went up there on the 27th. That's where I got "Thursdays" from.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 1/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 41/51
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112

Ehee. That was fun. I enjoyed both crazy girl and chibi-Houtarou. Definitely looking forward to the series proper now.
    Done here.

Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 1/-
    Kannagi 10/13
    Kokoro Connect 13/17
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 281/-
    Shinsekai Yori 1/-
    Sword Art Online 13/25
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-

And so Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is the first anime I've picked up this season which I hadn't intended to. It was quite a good episode, could be a great series if it keeps that up.
    My Anime List

I wish more anime had perfect girls like Amagami.

23. Default

I wish more anime had perfect girls like 'Who is Imouto?'.
    Fixed that for you.

Kono Naka My Sister is Among Them? 7/12

No because Amagami has the has the most perfect likable group of girls in the history of everything.

25. Default

No because Amagami has the has the most perfect likable group of girls in the history of everything.
    I'm gunna need some receipts.

The Moe-reberu in 'Who is Imouto' is off the charts. Have you seen?

Page 220 of 529 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast