Page 222 of 530 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 13234

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I guess that's true. I think I remember hearing the final spoiler for that series before but I blocked it out. I doubt I can do that a second time though.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - 1
    Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 1
    ef - a tale of memories - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 49
    K - 1
    Space Brothers - 26

I got some odd No. 6 vibes from the end of K's new episode. The show looks good so far but I'm getting some "it's gonna crash and burn" feelings.
    Usually when shows try too hard, and go all out too soon, they end up failing harder.

Except for Chuunibyou, it is golden<3

I got some odd No. 6 vibes from the end of K's new episode. The show looks good so far but I'm getting some "it's gonna crash and burn" feelings.
    At least K has an awesome seiyuu cast, No. 6 had like no redeeming factors by the time it was over.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    At least K has an awesome seiyuu cast, No. 6 had like no redeeming factors by the time it was over.
    Unless you're a yaoi fanboy....then it had a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Usually when shows try too hard, and go all out too soon, they end up failing harder.
    My problem isn't that it's trying too hard. I'm just worried how much fujoshi pandering it's going to end up doing. Not my cup 'o tea.

That's what's keeping me from turning tail right now, the cast.

5. Default

My problem isn't that it's trying too hard. I'm just worried how much fujoshi pandering it's going to end up doing. Not my cup 'o tea.

Hey, Fujoshi-girls are like an integral meme in anime of present and past years.

I'm pretty gay but I enjoy the opposite of fujoshi pandering Yuru-Yuri~

That Neko is totally furry pandering.... I think.... I'm stil not sure if she counts.

I will watch to the end purely for the cast, even if it turns bad, I mean if I were to list my top 5 male seiyuu they would all be voicing characters in this show, while 3 of my top 10 female seiyuu are voicing characters.
    My Anime List

I don't I could watch a show just for the VA's.

8. Default

it speaks for the quality and likeability of Chuunibyou, when this threads oldest and most active contributors have Rikka in their sigs.

I think it is a bigger indication of how many gif-able (that's totally a word now) moments there are in the first episode alone.
    My Anime List

That Neko is totally furry pandering.... I think.... I'm stil not sure if she counts.
    I'm gonna say no. I'm no furry, never was, never will be.
    But Neko's hot. Only when "in human form" or whatever. I'm looking forward to more of that.

I will watch to the end purely for the cast, even if it turns bad, I mean if I were to list my top 5 male seiyuu they would all be voicing characters in this show, while 3 of my top 10 female seiyuu are voicing characters.
    I'm still impressed/happy that they collected all those awesome voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't I could watch a show just for the VA's.
    I could. If I really like the voice. If it had NO other good points it'd be a hard watch and I might give up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    it speaks for the quality and likeability of Chuunibyou, when this threads oldest and most active contributors have Rikka in their sigs.
    You've got the tumblr kind though. With a filter and artsy quote for no reason. >_>

USE YOUR AWESOME POWERS AND CREATE ONE!

I think it is a bigger indication of how many gif-able (that's totally a word now) moments there are in the first episode alone.
    gifable (gəf-ey-buhl)
    adjective
    1. a moment containing properties to be enjoyed immensely as a .gif file
    2. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 1/-
    Gintama' Enchousen 1/-
    Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1/-
    K 1/13
    Kannagi 10/13
    Kokoro Connect 13/17
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 281/-
    Shinsekai Yori 1/-
    Sword Art Online 13/25
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-
    Zetsuen no Tempest 1/-

I was hesitant to watch the first episode of Zetsuen no Tempest because Bones have done nothing but disappoint me lately, but the first episode was quite interesting, though there's still a of time for them to go off the rails. Also, I like Sawashiro Miyuki's voice more and more every time I hear it.

I'm gonna say no. I'm no furry, never was, never will be.
    But Neko's hot. Only when "in human form" or whatever. I'm looking forward to more of that.
    I'm going to go with you on this, I don't wanna be a furry, but she's hot.

I'm still impressed/happy that they collected all those awesome voices.
    Me too, a lot of my enjoyment comes from liking characters, and it's much easier for me to like characters when they have great seiyuu, then you have Ono Daisuke, Fukuyama Jun, Miyano Mamoru, Nakamura Yuuichi and Sugita Tomokazu all in the same series and I'm sold (and that's without mentioning Sawashiro Miyuki, Horie Yui and Satou Satomi.)

I could. If I really like the voice. If it had NO other good points it'd be a hard watch and I might give up though.
    I have watched shows purely for seiyuu in the past, and it's likely I'll do so again in the future.
    My Anime List

12. Default

You've got the tumblr kind though. With a filter and artsy quote for no reason. >_>

USE YOUR AWESOME POWERS AND CREATE ONE!

My powers are those that shall bring ruin upon the Earth.

They cannot be used for artistic purposes.

I was hesitant to watch the first episode of Zetsuen no Tempest because Bones have done nothing but disappoint me lately, but the first episode was quite interesting, though there's still a of time for them to go off the rails. Also, I like Sawashiro Miyuki's voice more and more every time I hear it.
    Oh no don't tell me THAT. I don't want to get into that show, half because of what you said about Bones, half because of No. 6 and how this one kinda looks a bit similar.

Oh no don't tell me THAT. I don't want to get into that show, half because of what you said about Bones, half because of No. 6 and how this one kinda looks a bit similar.
    She's the main heroine too. It also has Hanazawa Kana, though that shouldn't surprise because she is in everything else.
    My Anime List

Cardcaptor Sakura - 43/70
    Smile Precure - 32/??
    Motto Ojamajo Doremi - 3/50
    Mahou no Princess Minky Momo - 5/63
    Minami-ke - 13/13 [COMPLETE]

And now it's time for the rundown.

Cardcaptor Sakura is going well as usual. I'd forgotten that Meiling disappears from the show at this point. Sad but understandable because she's an anime exclusive character, and they don't want her mucking up the manga's plot.

Not bothering with this week's Smile Precure.

Even now, 100 or so episodes later, Ojamajo Doremi is still fantastic and lovable. I've grown to like this new girl, Momoko, already. The Engrish is a little awkward, you'd think a character who's supposed to be so used to speaking English that she's lost grasp of Japanese would speak it more fluently. Also: Those Hana-chan feels. T_T

It's rare that I actually WANT to watch more than three episodes of an anime at once, usually it has to be very entertaining, so the fact that I just finished the last three episodes of Minami-Ke in one go says something to me. Very fun series despite being a slice of life with cute girls doing cute things. The only character I really didn't like was Makoto and his lack of a volume switch. I'm a little wary of the second season because from what I've read it increases the fanservice quite a bit, it doesn't use any of the source material, which basically sounds like one big filler season, and what have they done to my Chiaki?

Oh well, I'll take some time away before I consider picking that up. In the mean time maybe I can watch something besides Magical Girls and Moe Moe slice of life! Bah.

Blast of Tempest - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Btooom! - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    From the New World - 1/- DROPPED
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 41/51 DROPPED
    K - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Lychee Light Club - 1/-
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112 DROPPED

What is it with this season and boring opening episodes that don't bother to establish much at all? It doesn't create a sense of mystery. It makes me not give a damn about what I'm watching. It's why I won't go on with Tempest or K, and why I've dropped From the New World as GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. K wins as the worst of the three, though. That CGI. That goddam terrible CGI. Btooom! doesn't have this problem. It was just dull, with a stupid and unlikable protagonist, some dumb plot holes and too many Gantz vibes to be enjoyable.

I've also removed FMA and Yu Yu because I'm not deluding myself that I'm going to get back to them anymore. While Yu Yu has great source material and therefore good core writing as well as some phenomenal dub work, the lazy animation and terrible pacing just make it a chore after a while. The first half of FMA was some of the best anime I've ever seen, spinning weak source material (I've tried getting into both the manga and Brotherhood but couldn't) into pure animated gold. But once that source material ran out, it just went off the rails and I lost interest. I think the main problems is that the Elric brothers seemed to become side-characters in their own story and that the show lost the brilliant balance between episodic and arc-based that it had going.
    Done here.

I finished Slayers Revolution today, it was neat. Tomorrow, I will start Evolution-R.

Watching K and Zetsuen no Tempest, they finally fixed the first episode of Btoom on the subs so going to watch that now

Well I've watched part of Naruto Shippuden today to watch the entire Sasuke vs Itachi fight.
    Also re-watching Pokemon DP whenever I get the chance to use an actual computer.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Blast of Tempest - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Btooom! - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    From the New World - 1/- DROPPED
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 41/51 DROPPED
    K - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Lychee Light Club - 1/-
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112 DROPPED

What is it with this season and boring opening episodes that don't bother to establish much at all? It doesn't create a sense of mystery. It makes me not give a damn about what I'm watching. It's why I won't go on with Tempest or K, and why I've dropped From the New World as GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. K wins as the worst of the three, though. That CGI. That goddam terrible CGI. Btooom! doesn't have this problem. It was just dull, with a stupid and unlikable protagonist, some dumb plot holes and too many Gantz vibes to be enjoyable.

I've also removed FMA and Yu Yu because I'm not deluding myself that I'm going to get back to them anymore. While Yu Yu has great source material and therefore good core writing as well as some phenomenal dub work, the lazy animation and terrible pacing just make it a chore after a while. The first half of FMA was some of the best anime I've ever seen, spinning weak source material (I've tried getting into both the manga and Brotherhood but couldn't) into pure animated gold. But once that source material ran out, it just went off the rails and I lost interest. I think the main problems is that the Elric brothers seemed to become side-characters in their own story and that the show lost the brilliant balance between episodic and arc-based that it had going.
    Oh my, I've never seen so many series drop at once lol.

Were one of my post deleted?

Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 1/-
    Gintama' Enchousen 1/-
    Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1/-
    Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 1/-
    K 1/13
    Kannagi 13/13 - COMPLETE
    Kokoro Connect 13/ 17
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 282/-
    Shinsekai Yori 1/-
    Sword Art Online 13/25
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-
    Zetsuen no Tempest 1/-

More anime should have wide faces.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh my, I've never seen so many series drop at once lol.
    I have.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Accel World - 17/24
    Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi - 6/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 39/51
    Humanity has Declined - 9/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 42/-
    Hyouka - 19/21
    Kokoro Connect - 5/-
    Lagrange: The Flower of Rin'ne Season 2 - 8/12
    Moyashimon Returns - 9/11
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 6/11
    Space Brothers - 22/-
    Sword Art Online - 5/-
    Tari Tari - 6/13
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112

I just realised that there isn't another ongoing anime that I was following before I went on holiday that's actually worth bothering to catch up on. So I'm dropping them all.
    I was wondering whether to try randomly picking up another autumn show, but I'm not sure which (DON'T suggest OniAi, please). I'm a bit intrigued by BTOOOM! and From the New World, so I'm thinking I'll watch two episodes of both, then decide to follow one, the other, or neither. Probably not both, though, because I have four other shows I plan to pick up this season (Little Busters!, Magi, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes).
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 6th October 2012 at 12:16 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Accel World EX - 1/2
    Btooom! - 1/-
    Cardcaptor Sakura - 30/70
    Chihayafuru - 8/25
    ef - a tale of memories - 2/12
    Fairy Tail - 20/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 15/64
    He is My Master - 2/12
    Hyouka - 5/22
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita special - 1/-
    K - 1/13
    Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou - 7/13
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    One Piece - 258/-
    Rosario + Vampire - 11/13
    Sword Art Online - 13/25
    Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 4/12

Btooom! reminds me soooooo much of Battle Royale. If it sticks to that, I think I'll come to love this anime.
    Last edited by Xionea; 6th October 2012 at 2:52 AM.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

25. Default

Angel Beats 6/14

Iwasata's disappearance mid-show~ so sad.

Page 222 of 530 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast