Page 222 of 559 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 13958

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

  1. #5526
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Blast of Tempest - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Btooom! - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    From the New World - 1/- DROPPED
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 41/51 DROPPED
    K - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Lychee Light Club - 1/-
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112 DROPPED

    What is it with this season and boring opening episodes that don't bother to establish much at all? It doesn't create a sense of mystery. It makes me not give a damn about what I'm watching. It's why I won't go on with Tempest or K, and why I've dropped From the New World as GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. K wins as the worst of the three, though. That CGI. That goddam terrible CGI. Btooom! doesn't have this problem. It was just dull, with a stupid and unlikable protagonist, some dumb plot holes and too many Gantz vibes to be enjoyable.

    I've also removed FMA and Yu Yu because I'm not deluding myself that I'm going to get back to them anymore. While Yu Yu has great source material and therefore good core writing as well as some phenomenal dub work, the lazy animation and terrible pacing just make it a chore after a while. The first half of FMA was some of the best anime I've ever seen, spinning weak source material (I've tried getting into both the manga and Brotherhood but couldn't) into pure animated gold. But once that source material ran out, it just went off the rails and I lost interest. I think the main problems is that the Elric brothers seemed to become side-characters in their own story and that the show lost the brilliant balance between episodic and arc-based that it had going.
    Done here.

  2. #5527
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    I finished Slayers Revolution today, it was neat. Tomorrow, I will start Evolution-R.

  3. #5528
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    Watching K and Zetsuen no Tempest, they finally fixed the first episode of Btoom on the subs so going to watch that now

  4. #5529
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a dream world
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Well I've watched part of Naruto Shippuden today to watch the entire Sasuke vs Itachi fight.
    Also re-watching Pokemon DP whenever I get the chance to use an actual computer.

    ~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

  5. #5530
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Blast of Tempest - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Btooom! - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    From the New World - 1/- DROPPED
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 41/51 DROPPED
    K - 1/I don't care DROPPED
    Lychee Light Club - 1/-
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/-
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112 DROPPED

    What is it with this season and boring opening episodes that don't bother to establish much at all? It doesn't create a sense of mystery. It makes me not give a damn about what I'm watching. It's why I won't go on with Tempest or K, and why I've dropped From the New World as GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. K wins as the worst of the three, though. That CGI. That goddam terrible CGI. Btooom! doesn't have this problem. It was just dull, with a stupid and unlikable protagonist, some dumb plot holes and too many Gantz vibes to be enjoyable.

    I've also removed FMA and Yu Yu because I'm not deluding myself that I'm going to get back to them anymore. While Yu Yu has great source material and therefore good core writing as well as some phenomenal dub work, the lazy animation and terrible pacing just make it a chore after a while. The first half of FMA was some of the best anime I've ever seen, spinning weak source material (I've tried getting into both the manga and Brotherhood but couldn't) into pure animated gold. But once that source material ran out, it just went off the rails and I lost interest. I think the main problems is that the Elric brothers seemed to become side-characters in their own story and that the show lost the brilliant balance between episodic and arc-based that it had going.
    Oh my, I've never seen so many series drop at once lol.

    Were one of my post deleted?

  6. #5531
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 1/-
    Gintama' Enchousen 1/-
    Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1/-
    Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 1/-
    K 1/13
    Kannagi 13/13 - COMPLETE
    Kokoro Connect 13/ 17
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 282/-
    Shinsekai Yori 1/-
    Sword Art Online 13/25
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-
    Zetsuen no Tempest 1/-

    More anime should have wide faces.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  7. #5532
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh my, I've never seen so many series drop at once lol.
    I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Accel World - 17/24
    Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi - 6/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist - 39/51
    Humanity has Declined - 9/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 42/-
    Hyouka - 19/21
    Kokoro Connect - 5/-
    Lagrange: The Flower of Rin'ne Season 2 - 8/12
    Moyashimon Returns - 9/11
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 6/11
    Space Brothers - 22/-
    Sword Art Online - 5/-
    Tari Tari - 6/13
    Yu Yu Hakusho - 19/112

    I just realised that there isn't another ongoing anime that I was following before I went on holiday that's actually worth bothering to catch up on. So I'm dropping them all.
    I was wondering whether to try randomly picking up another autumn show, but I'm not sure which (DON'T suggest OniAi, please). I'm a bit intrigued by BTOOOM! and From the New World, so I'm thinking I'll watch two episodes of both, then decide to follow one, the other, or neither. Probably not both, though, because I have four other shows I plan to pick up this season (Little Busters!, Magi, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes).
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 5th October 2012 at 11:16 PM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

    I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

  8. #5533
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Accel World EX - 1/2
    Btooom! - 1/-
    Cardcaptor Sakura - 30/70
    Chihayafuru - 8/25
    ef - a tale of memories - 2/12
    Fairy Tail - 20/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 15/64
    He is My Master - 2/12
    Hyouka - 5/22
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita special - 1/-
    K - 1/13
    Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou - 7/13
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    One Piece - 258/-
    Rosario + Vampire - 11/13
    Sword Art Online - 13/25
    Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 4/12

    Btooom! reminds me soooooo much of Battle Royale. If it sticks to that, I think I'll come to love this anime.
    Last edited by Xionea; 6th October 2012 at 1:52 AM.

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  9. Default

    Angel Beats 6/14

    Iwasata's disappearance mid-show~ so sad.

  10. #5535
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    piercing the roof of sheol
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    I dropped everything I was watching, but I'll probably pick it back up at some point. In any case, a few days ago I started on Gintama and currently am up to Ep. 5. (****ing college schedules slowing my *** down...)

    I guess I'll add a listing when I add new series.

  11. #5536
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,526

    Default

    Considering just not watching some new series now too. Starting with K and BTOOOM! since they interest me the least. Maybe Psycho Pass too. Just because of lack of time to watch them all. Still not sure yet.

  12. #5537
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Btooom! reminds me soooooo much of Battle Royale. If it sticks to that, I think I'll come to love this anime.
    Must. Not. Get. Mad.

    EDIT:

    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 1/-
    Lychee Light Club - 1/-
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 8/26
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 2/-
    Space Brothers - 26/-
    Last edited by themightydoof; 6th October 2012 at 2:09 PM.
    Done here.

  13. #5538
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Must. Not. Get. Mad.
    Any particular reason you are resisting to get mad at an opinion?


    Accel World EX - 1/2
    Btooom! - 1/-
    Cardcaptor Sakura - 30/70
    Chihayafuru - 8/25
    ef - a tale of memories - 2/12
    Fairy Tail - 20/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 15/64
    He is My Master - 2/12 On Hold
    Hyouka - 5/22
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita special - 1/-
    K - 1/13
    Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou - 7/13
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    One Piece - 258/-
    Rosario + Vampire - 11/13
    Sword Art Online - 13/25
    The World God Only Knows - 6/12
    Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 4/12

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  14. #5539
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Any particular reason you are resisting to get mad at an opinion?
    Maybe it's not like Battle Royale at all except by having a slightly similar premise. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen/read either.

    Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - 1
    Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 2
    ef - a tale of memories - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 49
    K - 1
    Space Brothers - 26

  15. #5540
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Maybe it's not like Battle Royale at all except by having a slightly similar premise. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen/read either.
    A guy forced on an island where he meets and teams up with a girl and then they must fight in a game in order to survive. To me, they seem somewhat similar, but that's just my opinion. I'm not forcing anyone to believe it though.

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  16. #5541
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 2/-
    Gintama' Enchousen 1/-
    Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1/-
    Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 1/-
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 1/-
    K 1/13
    Kokoro Connect 13/ 17
    Little Busters! 1/26
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 282/-
    Shinsekai Yori 2/-
    Sword Art Online 14/25

    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-
    Zetsuen no Tempest 1/-

    I'm so happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Maybe it's not like Battle Royale at all except by having a slightly similar premise. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen/read either.
    Their are similarities, which is to be expected of most series involving people trapped on a deserted island who have to kill each other if they want to get off the island.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 6th October 2012 at 8:55 PM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  17. #5542
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Accel World EX - 1/2
    Btooom! - 1/-
    Cardcaptor Sakura - 32/70
    Chihayafuru - 8/25
    ef - a tale of memories - 2/12
    Fairy Tail - 20/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 15/64
    Hyouka - 5/22
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita special - 1/-
    K - 1/13
    Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou - 7/13
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    One Piece - 258/-
    Rosario + Vampire - 11/13
    Sword Art Online - 14/25
    The World God Only Knows - 8/12
    Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 4/12

    Last thing for my Saturday to feel whole is Little Busters!
    Last edited by Xionea; 6th October 2012 at 9:44 PM.

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  18. #5543
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Earlier today I started Slayers Evolution-R. I'm on the last season of the series.

  19. #5544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Btooom! 2/-
    Chitose Get You!! 14/15
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 2/-
    Gintama' Enchousen 1/-
    Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 1/-
    Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 1/-
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 1/-
    K 1/13
    Kokoro Connect 13/ 17
    Little Busters! 1/26
    Monster 15/74
    Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 14/24
    Naruto: Shippuuden 282/-
    Shinsekai Yori 2/-
    Sword Art Online 14/25

    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1/-
    Uchuu Kyoudai 26/-
    Zetsuen no Tempest 1/-

    I'm so happy.



    Their are similarities, which is to be expected of most series involving people trapped on a deserted island who have to kill each other if they want to get off the island.
    Whoooooa.....

    You added 11 series this season, any chance you'll NOT drop any?

    I see you are missing some gems, such as "He's my brother, but as long as I love him it doesn't matter" and "Say 'I love you'"

  20. #5545
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Whoooooa.....

    You added 11 series this season, any chance you'll NOT drop any?

    I see you are missing some gems, such as "He's my brother, but as long as I love him it doesn't matter"
    There are still 8 series that haven't started airing yet I plan on watching, and I'm waiting for the AT-X airing of TLR because I refuse to watch it censored, and I don't drop many shows at all, I've dropped 3 shows so far, 2 of which I ended up picking back up and struggling through to the end, and then there's Ouran Highschool which I've tried to get through so many times now, but I just can't do it, so it's a fairly high chance I won't drop any.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  21. #5546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    There are still 8 series that haven't started airing yet I plan on watching, and I'm waiting for the AT-X airing of TLR because I refuse to watch it censored, and I don't drop many shows at all, I've dropped 3 shows so far, 2 of which I ended up picking back up and struggling through to the end, and then there's Ouran Highschool which I've tried to get through so many times now, but I just can't do it, so it's a fairly high chance I won't drop any.
    The two I mention aren't subbed yet, but [IB] is doing "Say' 'I Love You' ".

    not sure about "He's my brother but...." someone will.

  22. #5547
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    The two I mention aren't subbed yet,
    How do you know they're gems, then?

    From the New World - 1/?
    Hayate the Combat Butler! Can't Take My Eyes Off You - 1/?
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 49/?
    Little Busters! - 1/?
    My Little Monster - 1/?
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/?
    Space Brothers - 26/?

    Remember how I said that I was going to give BTOOOM! and From the New World two episodes each before I decided which to keep going with? It turns out I only needed one, because I loved the first episode of From the New World. I was worried about it being so wrapped in mysticism that it'd be too complicated to enjoy, but the level of mysticism is just right, the world is eerily gorgeous, and the characters are easy to connect with. This could turn out to be really good.

    I think I see what Little Busters! is doing. Building an idyllic atmosphere before smashing it into itty-bitty bits. Classic Key.
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 7th October 2012 at 2:43 AM. Reason: I forgot an O in BTOOOM! holy crap kill me now
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

    I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

  23. #5548
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Accel World EX - 1/2
    Btooom! - 1/-
    Cardcaptor Sakura - 32/70
    Chihayafuru - 8/25
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - 1/12
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite - 2/-
    ef - a tale of memories - 2/12
    Fairy Tail - 20/-
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 15/64
    Hyouka - 5/22
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita special - 1/-
    K - 1/13
    Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou - 7/13
    Kokoro Connect - 13/17
    Little Busters! - 1/-
    One Piece - 258/-
    Rosario + Vampire - 11/13
    Sword Art Online - 14/25
    The World God Only Knows - 8/12
    Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 4/12

    My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

  24. #5549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    How do you know they're gems, then?

    From the New World - 1/?
    Hayate the Combat Butler! Can't Take My Eyes Off You - 1/?
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 49/?
    Little Busters! - 1/?
    My Little Monster - 1/?
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 1/12
    Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! Lite - 1/?
    Space Brothers - 26/?

    Remember how I said that I was going to give BTOOM! and From the New World two episodes each before I decided which to keep going with? It turns out I only needed one, because I loved the first episode of From the New World. I was worried about it being so wrapped in mysticism that it'd be too complicated to enjoy, but the level of mysticism is just right, the world is eerily gorgeous, and the characters are easy to connect with. This could turn out to be really good.

    I think I see what Little Busters! is doing. Building an idyllic atmosphere before smashing it into itty-bitty bits. Classic Key.
    My knowledge is enough to defend myself with it. Saw the raws.

  25. #5550
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I think I see what Little Busters! is doing. Building an idyllic atmosphere before smashing it into itty-bitty bits. Classic Key.
    There was so much foreshadowing in the first episode.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

Page 222 of 559 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •