Page 267 of 530 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 13242

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Bakuman 3 - 18
    Chihayafuru 2 - 5
    Hunter X Hunter - 66
    Ishida to Asakura - 6

Kotoura-san - 5
    Little Busters! - 18
    Psycho-Pass - 16
    Robotics;Notes - 16
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - 5
    Space Brothers - 44
    Tamako Market - 5

And there are the rest of the shows for this week.

o Kanojo X 1/13
    Little Busters! 15/26
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness 4/?
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA 1/2
    Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de 1/?
    Kotoura-san 6/12
    Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan" 7/12
    Ai Mai Mi 6/?
    Mangirl! 6/?
    Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 6/?
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 5/?
    Yama no Susume 6/?
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 6/12
    Kiss x Sis OVA 7/?

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Depth of Field - Ai to Nikushimi Gekijyo 2/?

Imouto Paradise! 2/?
    Pisu Hame! 5/?
    Hishoka Drop The Animation 1/?
    Crimson Girls: Chikan Shihai 1/?
    Hump Bang! 1/?
    Tsundere Inran Shoujo Sukumi 2/?
    Brandish 2/?
    Kyonyuu Fantasy 2/?
    Bloods: Inraku no Ketsuzoku 2 2/?
    Swing Out Sisters 1/?
    First Love OVAs 3/?
    Unsweet: Netorare Ochita Onna-tachi 1/?
    Kansen 5: The Daybreak 1/?
    Harem Time: The Animation 2/?
    Tropical Kiss 1/?
    Namanaka Hyaku Percent! 1/?
    Tsugou no Yoi Sexfriend? 2/?
    Uhou Renka 2/?
    Kyuuketsuki 2/?
    Oni Chichi: Re-born 1/2
    Ojou-sama Yomeiri Kousou! 2/?
    Koutetsu no Majo Annerose 1/?
    Zettai Junshu Kyousei Kozukuri Kyokashou!! 1/?
    Mouryou no Nie 1/?
    Kindan no Byoutou The Animation 2/?
    Rinkan Club 3/?
    Koiito Kinenbi The Animation 1/?
    Papa Love: Kyonyuubi Shiritsu Musume 2/?
    Miboujin Nikki: Akogare no Ano Hito to Hitotsu Yane no Shita 1/?
    Soushi Souai: Junai Mellow yori 1/?
    Chikan no Licence 2/?
    Hitou Meguri Kakure Yu: Mao Hen 1/2
    Euphoria 2/2 - Complete
    Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru 2/?
    Aneki no Kounai Kaikinbi 1/?

Darker than Black 24/25
    E's Otherwise 23/26
    Fate/Stay Night 12/24

AKB0048 Next Stage 6/13
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT 5/12
    Chihayafuru 2 5/25
    Gintama' Enchousen 9/-
    Hunter x Hunter 65/-
    Inferno Cop 7/-
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 17/26
    Kotoura-san 5/12
    Little Busters! 18/26
    Love Live! School Idol Project 5/13
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic 17/-
    Minami-ke Tadaima 6/13
    Naruto: Shippuuden 299/-
    Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuruba Sugiru 6/13
    Psycho-Pass 16/22
    Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER 29/64
    Robotics;Notes 16/22
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 15/24
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 5/12
    Shinsekai Yori 18/25
    Strike Witches 7/12
    Tamako Market 5/12
    Uchuu Kyoudai 44/-
    Vivid Red Operation 5/12
    Zetsuen no Tempest 17/24

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    The iDOLM@STER has been a blast so far! A-1 Pictures's bright, colourful style works really well here, and the girls are quirky without being one-dimensional. As for my favourite idol, I'll get back to you when I'm done with the show (which might not be too far in the future at this rate).

I'm going to say the same thing to you I say to everyone who watches it for the first time, wait 'til that god damn episode 20.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 4

Took everyone's recommendation and what to say about it? There are some great jokes here and there but mostly it's a very fresh twist on the genera. The drama's presentation is outstanding and that's where I stop with the praise. I hate the character designs; they look nice but too generic and similar looking plus there's the overuse of the same colour on one character. The main problem is the drama, despite the good presentation; it doesn't feel realistic despite taking into consideration that it's fiction. I don't feel attached to any of these characters and the struggles that Madoka and Sayaka have faced make me laugh. I don't see why this is so highly rated, among longtime fans of the magical girl genera, by all means this is really fresh. As one looking for entertainment, this leaves a dry taste in my mouth but I'll keep watching to see what's to come due to the many high ratings. Maybe it's because I've lost my taste in the medium (bar those that I really liked) but I'm not liking Madoka Magica. Yes, I have pissed many people off. You've been a wonderful audience! Goodnight inter-webs, your complaints are oh so fabulous.

Just noticed, my post is #6660 in this thread and I just put down one of the highest rated Japanese cartoons ever. Do you think this could mean something (bar anything insulting me)?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th February 2013 at 5:36 AM. Reason: ugh...wow
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 4

Took everyone's recommendation and what to say about it? There are some great jokes here and there but mostly it's a very fresh twist on the genera. The drama's presentation is outstanding and that's where I stop with the praise. I hate the character designs; they look nice but too generic and similar looking plus there's the overuse of the same colour on one character. The main problem is the drama, despite the good presentation; it doesn't feel realistic despite taking into consideration that it's fiction. I don't feel attached to any of these characters and the struggles that Madoka and Sayaka have faced make me laugh. I don't see why this is so highly rated, among longtime fans of the magical girl genera, by all means this is really fresh. As one looking for entertainment, this leaves a dry taste in my mouth but I'll keep watching to see what's to come due to the many high ratings. Maybe it's because I've lost my taste in the medium (bar those that I really liked) but I'm not liking Madoka Magica. Yes, I have pissed many people off. You've been a wonderful audience! Goodnight inter-webs, your complaints are oh so fabulous.

Just noticed, my post is #6660 in this thread and I just put down one of the highest rated Japanese cartoons ever. Do you think this could mean something (bar anything insulting me)?
    Not everyone has the same taste in anime.

It's just a shame that you won't enjoy it as much as we did.

plus there's the overuse of the same colour on one character.
    That's like saying there's too much blue on the blue Power Ranger.

You have bad taste in anime You don't like Magical Girl related things?

ai mai mi 5/-
    boku no imouto wa "osaka okan" 6/12
    fairy tail 165/-
    hellsing ultimate 7/10
    hetalia: a beautiful world 2/20
    inferno cop 7/-
    kotoura-san 2/12
    little busters! 15/26
    love live! school idol project 3/13
    mangirl! 6/13
    minami-ke tadaima 4/13
    one piece 501/-
    ore no kanojo to osananajimi ga shuraba sugiru 3/13
    puchimas!: petit iDOLM@STER 28/64
    sakurasou no pet na kanojo 15/24
    sasami-san@ganbaranai 3/13
    senyuu. 5/-
    spice and wolf 4/13
    tamako market 3/12
    vivired operation 2/12
    yama no susume 6/13

- specials -
    chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!: depth of field - ai to nikushimi gekijyo 2/-
    jinrui wa suitai shimashita specials 5/6
    saki: achiga-hen - episode of side-a specials 2/4

AKB0048 Next Stage - 6/-
    Chihayafuru Season 2 - 4/25
    Humanity has Declined Specials - 5/-
    Inferno Cop - 7/-
    Kotoura-san - 5/12
    Little Busters - 18/26
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 10/26
    Robotics;Notes - 16/22
    Space Brothers - 44/-
    Tamako Market - 5/12
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    That's like saying there's too much blue on the blue Power Ranger.
    Bad phrasing? I don't like how the hair colour and eye colour are the same.

You have bad taste in anime
    I love you too, sweet cheeks.

Hetalia - 105 (so glad there's more and it's still hilarious)

Madoka Magika - 6 (still don't feel fully grasped in)

honestly i didn't like madoka magica at all but i never really express that because i can't deal with the mass of people trying to prove my opinion wrong. every episode felt like a generic magical girl anime, trying to insert symbolism where there should be none. once those are removed, all that's left are cute girls on dark backgrounds. i thought everybody was made to read faust in high school? i don't know why people are impressed now when the same thing is presented but fap material.

There are some great jokes here and there but mostly it's a very fresh twist on the genera.
    It's not really something you watch for jokes but okay. Those were in place to set up the tone they'd eventually shatter in the third episode.

I hate the character designs; they look nice but too generic and similar looking plus there's the overuse of the same colour on one character.
    Generic? Sure I guess. It's kind of a typical magical girl setup where each one is themed by colour and personality (innocent girl, spunky girl, nurturing girl, loner girl etc.) At least that's what I think, I don't watch too much of this genre. But similar character designs? No way. It's all under one style, but between faces, weapons, outfits, colours, character silhouettes, and even posing a 5 year old can pick them apart. That was the idea.

The main problem is the drama, despite the good presentation; it doesn't feel realistic despite taking into consideration that it's fiction. I don't feel attached to any of these characters and the struggles that Madoka and Sayaka have faced make me laugh. I don't see why this is so highly rated, among longtime fans of the magical girl genera, by all means this is really fresh. As one looking for entertainment, this leaves a dry taste in my mouth but I'll keep watching to see what's to come due to the many high ratings. Maybe it's because I've lost my taste in the medium (bar those that I really liked) but I'm not liking Madoka Magica. Yes, I have pissed many people off. You've been a wonderful audience! Goodnight inter-webs, your complaints are oh so fabulous.

Based on those last few sentences it looks like you're doing this just for attention.

That's VERY basic colour theming. Most popular characters either have eyes that match their base colour or ones that are the opposite to "pop out". Either that, or something neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    honestly i didn't like madoka magica at all but i never really express that because i can't deal with the mass of people trying to prove my opinion wrong. every episode felt like a generic magical girl anime, trying to insert symbolism where there should be none. once those are removed, all that's left are cute girls on dark backgrounds. i thought everybody was made to read faust in high school? i don't know why people are impressed now when the same thing is presented but fap material.
    madoka anime
    fap material
    lolololololololololololol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a diehard fan of Madoka. I didn't love the series but I don't hate it either. I just kinda liked it.

Madoka is kind of in the same boat as Evangelion for me. There's a ton of symbolism that flew over my head among other things, they each have fanbases that say they're revolutionary shows, but what I enjoy more than the series themselves are the fans jokes that I see going around the internet. They have the best sense of humor.

Is this a thing? Can people not like when things match? Like...wow.
    I'm not sure how it felt generic, coming from someone who's a big fan of the genre. I also didn't see any of this symbolism. I'm not trying to change your opinion but "generic" and unwanted "symbolism" seem like really vague reason to not like something.

I'm probably just a fanboy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's not really something you watch for jokes but okay. Those were in place to set up the tone they'd eventually shatter in the third episode.
    I'm not watching for laughs either, I'm watching for entertainment and there were some gags in the first four episodes that made me giggle.

Generic? Sure I guess. It's kind of a typical magical girl setup where each one is themed by colour and personality (innocent girl, spunky girl, nurturing girl, loner girl etc.) At least that's what I think, I don't watch too much of this genre. But similar character designs? No way. It's all under one style, but between faces, weapons, outfits, colours, character silhouettes, and even posing a 5 year old can pick them apart. That was the idea.
    Yeah, I guess that's it, the faces, the magical girl costumes do have a lot of variety.

Based on those last few sentences it looks like you're doing this just for attention.
    Yes, yes I am.

That's VERY basic colour theming. Most popular characters either have eyes that match their base colour or ones that are the opposite to "pop out". Either that, or something neutral.
    Is this a thing? Can people not like when things match? Like...wow.
    I don't know, I'm just asking for something more flashy looking. Usually when doodling original characters, I give them many vibrant colours in their designs. Maybe diving into magical girl right after two dips into the mecha genera and reading Fear Itself was a horrible idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a diehard fan of Madoka. I didn't love the series but I don't hate it either. I just kinda liked it.

Madoka is kind of in the same boat as Evangelion for me. There's a ton of symbolism that flew over my head among other things, they each have fanbases that say they're revolutionary shows, but what I enjoy more than the series themselves are the fans jokes that I see going around the internet. They have the best sense of humor.
    Haven't stumbled upon the earlier yet but we'll see.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 7

Yeah, I guess that's it, the faces, the magical girl costumes do have a lot of variety.
    Except it's not the faces. They each have their own look to them so you can differentiate from one another.

Here's an image of each of the main characters faces cropped from their heads. I've removed the colour and lowered the contrast so only the lines differ. It's still easy to pick out which character is which.

I watched the first episode of The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya today. I'm gonna watch them in chronological order, rather by air date so I won't be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I watched the first episode of The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya today. I'm gonna watch them in chronological order, rather by air date so I won't be confused.
    I'd say do it by air date. If you watch it in chronological order the climax is in the middle. The story is structured to be watched the other way.

madoka anime
    fap material
    you'd be surprised.

tbh i'm guilty of rating certain shows based on how obnoxious their fanbase is because the people hyping a series are pretty much the reason why i was disappointed in the first place. madoka and nge in particularly got a lower score from me because of their pretentious fanbase.

I'm not sure how it felt generic, coming from someone who's a big fan of the genre. I also didn't see any of this symbolism. I'm not trying to change your opinion but "generic" and unwanted "symbolism" seem like really vague reason to not like something.

I'm probably just a fanboy though.
    the cat asked them to sign a contract / make a deal that would've been beneficial for the girls but turned out to harm them in the long run in just about every episode...

i won't say that i'm not biased either since i already think that the magical girl genre in general is ridiculous but i will never understand why people flipped out when they made one that isn't all dokidoki. i suppose that the "four girl club activities" aren't that much different compared to magical girls but i highly doubt i would be impressed if they made K-ON! but with azusa dying or something along the line. :/

So basically, if Madoka wasn't highly praised, you would have liked it better? o.o

madoka anime
    fap material
    I've seen enough sick and twisted **** during my adventures on the Internet to know that anything can be fap material, that is the whole basis of rule 34 actually existing.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles.;15688019[/quote
    the cat asked them to sign a contract / make a deal that would've been beneficial for the girls but turned out to harm them in the long run in just about every episode...
    Most aren't even like this. Most others have people that are the "chosen" ones. This isn't like that which explains the sheer number of magical girls in the series.
    Last edited by Jb; 11th February 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    So basically, if Madoka wasn't highly praised, you would have liked it better? o.o
    i sort of phrased that badly. if madoka wasn't highly praised i wouldn't have had any expectations to begin with and would probably just rate it as average. since i watched it with rather high expectations because of the hype, i ended up extremely disappointed which made me enjoy it less.
    Last edited by xerxes; 11th February 2013 at 11:17 PM.

Saturday Morning: Scan2Go, BeyBlade: Metal Fury, Pokemon B/W: Adventures in Unova

Saturday Night: Bleach, Samurai 7, Tenchi Muyo! GXP

DVDs:

Mayo Chiki!: Complete Collection

Heh, not much to do last week. :/

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Most aren't even like this. Most others have people that are the "chosen" ones. This isn't like that which explains the sheer number of magical girls in the series.
    The third last Japanese cartoon I watched before Madoka was Tekkaman Blade, and oh do the two have such similar concepts. Maybe what I'm looking for just needs more SCIENCE FICTION!

i sort of phrased that badly. if madoka wasn't highly praised i wouldn't have had any expectations to begin with and would probably just rate it as average. since i watched it with rather high expectations because of the hype, i ended up extremely disappointed which made me enjoy it less.
    Pretty much this and everyone hinting at who the antagonist was (not cool, people).

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 9

The third last Japanese cartoon I watched before Madoka was Tekkaman Blade, and oh do the two have such similar concepts. Maybe what I'm looking for just needs more SCIENCE FICTION!
    Check out Psycho Pass.

It has all the sci-fi you need.

Page 267 of 530 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast