Page 337 of 526 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 13137

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Pretty much everything is like that for me, the one and only exception is Dragonball. I have no idea why I can't get through even five minutes of dubbed shows, even the supposedly good ones like Brotherhood or Cowboy Bebop, god knows I've tried.
    I'm pretty much the opposite with Bebop. Since I consider Steve Blum to be the embodiment of all that is Spike Spiegel, his seiyuu seemed very dull in comparsion. Actually, comparatively dull is a good way to describe my opinion of the Japanese track as a whole. Megumi Hayashibara is good as Faye (Wendee Lee is still better imo) but the conversations between the Bebop crew lack the energy and the chemistry that the dub has.

Plus considering the show is decidely western it feels a bit awkward watching it in another language. Although since Watanabe himself said that he preferred the English dub and thinks that it's a closer representation of his vision, I don't feel too guilty about it even if it is one of the few shows in my favourites I haven't watched subbed (Among Kino, FMA, Welcome to the NHK, Kanon 2006 and some others) and one of even fewer shows I outright refuse to watch in any language other than 'Murrican (The others being Beck, Dragonball and Pokemon of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Thanks. This guys also like K-ON! dubbed so I shouldn't really be so surprised.
    You'd think I'd have huge bias since watching K-On dubbed was my gateway anime. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. As soon as I watched Season 2 subbed I realised just how much better it was in the original language. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as Clannad though. Season 2's dub was pretty terrible but Season 1 and the Movie were at least watchable (Plus the movie had Little Kuriboh so there's that). Plus I obviously liked Azusa and Mio's performances enough if I was willing to let them scribble all over my K-On DVDs when I met them at Supanova. But all things considered it's pretty sub par overall
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 28th June 2013 at 8:48 AM.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. 13/13

this anime is my anime of the season. i loved it and hachiman is by far my favorite main character of the season. his monologues were always really intresting and fun to listen to and the way he handles things is always intresting. this was a unique anime for me and im really glad i watched it. im now constatly reading the LN to find out more and im sure in a year or more we will get a 2nd season

Hataraku Maou-sama! 13/13

this anime was a blast to watch. i always laughed no matter how serious it got it still manages to stay funny. i think its safe to say by seeing the sales that a 2nd season will be coming in the future. and the 2nd season based on what i read about the LN is going to be really good

Watching Hellsing Ultimate. Just got through Episode 4, apparently one that I have been told is very "controversial". But after viewing the scene in question, I was able to form my own opinion on it, one that I don't think that agrees with the general consensus Here's basically what I wrote:

"Okay. Don't want to come off as insensitive but, I'm just not seeing the "rape" metaphor that people talk about with this episode. Sure the scene is crazy, but i don't see anything that implies she is being raped and I feel like this is just one of those things that people look way too much into and try to draw their own conclusions.If someone being slowly stabbed in the chest always implied rape, then there would be a lot more anime that would be considered more mature than they are.

Unless Hirano himself said "Yes, its supposed to mean Alucard is raping her", then I just seeing it as an already established batshit insane character killing someone in another insane way.If anything, the scene with Integra and Seras has more sexual implications in it."

So if anyone has seen the episode in question, can you give me some feedback on this. From what I heard others say, that scene was very uncomfortable for them to sit through, but for me I didn't see anything too extreme. I guess this might be one of those cases where hype has ruined something.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Well, Madoka is airing on TV tomorrow night here in Australia. It'd be a great opportunity to re-watch the show. It's on a kid's channel, but why should I care when it's

Have I mentioned that I quite enjoyed the Madoka Magica dub? It got a bad rap from the crappy 30 second trailer but it's pretty good all things considered. Cristina Vee is fantastic as Homura and Cassandra Lee's Kyubey is creepy as all hell. I'll have no problem watching this with the English track

Apart from the usual Toonami stuff (Soul Eater, IGPX, Eureka Seven), I was watching Girls und Panzer, emphasis on the word "was." Until Sword Art Online debuts on Toonami on 27 July, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should do now.

Gotta stay fly, gotta stay strong, we be ace ready all day long

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    about to start love live school idol

Then off to idolm@ster afterwards.
    You should watch this first tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Well, Madoka is airing on TV tomorrow night here in Australia. It'd be a great opportunity to re-watch the show. It's on a kid's channel, but why should I care when it's

Have I mentioned that I quite enjoyed the Madoka Magica dub? It got a bad rap from the crappy 30 second trailer but it's pretty good all things considered. Cristina Vee is fantastic as Homura and Cassandra Lee's Kyubey is creepy as all hell. I'll have no problem watching this with the English track
    Is it a full run through, or are they just doing a preview to try and get people buying the BDs like last time?
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Is it a full run through, or are they just doing a preview to try and get people buying the BDs like last time?
    This is the actual full run through. The first episode they showed was a preview for this. There is an incentive to buying the BDs though. To match the TV broadcast, they've cut out the ED from episode 1,2 and 8. Thank God they're not giving us the full broadcast experience. For one, they'll still be using the DVD/BD version of the show with the touched up animation since that's the only version with an English dub. Also I'd hate to have to deal with the Earthquake delays. Bad news? Likelihood of Morning Rescue ads is low.

Speaking of the dub, another thing I liked about it is that the ending is much easier to understand when you can pay full attention to what's happening on the screen and here it explained to you in English. Also since Christine Cabanos (Or Madoka if you prefer) is still currently in Australia because of Perth Supanova this weekend, she said at the Q&A panel last weekend that she will watch the first episode when it comes on.

I really hope this becomes a trend. Sure it's on a kid's channel but it's prime time, free to air and (Apparently) near uncensored. 8:30 is better than 11:30 like Code Geass and Death Note when they were on ABC2 a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Likelihood of Morning Rescue ads is low.
    I would struggle through the dubbed version if they showed those ads.
    My Anime List

White Fox hasn't really let me down before. At times Maou-sama kind felt like wasted potential but it had it's strong funny moments. Enough to keep me into it. Good show, would probably watch season 2.
    I feel like the weakest part of the entire show was the last episode. I'm really going to miss the chemistry between Maou and Ashiya. One of the best parts of the series for me

In whole a lot this season's shows (for me anyway) have kind of just petered out in the end, progressively getting worse. Chihayafuru and Gargantia being the exceptions, staying strong all the while. Space Bros. and Hunter x Hunter have felt kind of average this season, the latter being due to build-up. Even with the big shocker last week I'm still waiting for sh*t to hit the fan like in the last two arcs. Railgun has gone in an entirely different direction compared to the first season, which is kind of to my distaste, but it's still good enough to keep going with.
    I agree. There were some others that were good for me, but the rest did as you said. The thing with Hunter X Hunter too, though is that the Chimera Ant arc is 130 or so chapters, compared to Yorknew's 56 chapters or Greed Island's 66. Sure, they went through those arcs like burning paper, but they're finally on an arc that hasn't been animated before. I can see why they would spend the time to build up an arc which hasn't been animated. Railgun, I like the direction it's going. Sure, may be the best, but I'm sure we'll have lighter episodes later on.

Maybe I'm just being all bored and stubbornly unsatisfiable. Anyway, here's to next season not sucking as much.
    I don't think it will be. Probably be a great one
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I agree that Hataraku's last episode is the weakest. It felt like an OVA rather than a tv finale.

However. Along with Yahari and SnK. They're still great to me

Just started watching Devil Survivor 2: The Animation. Liking it so far.

Bleach - 151/366
    Devil Survivor 2: The Animation - 2/13
    Dragonball Z - 107/291
    Naruto Shippuuden - 100/?
    One Piece - 600/?
    Persona 4: The Animation - 2/25

NOTE: One Piece and DS2 are the only ones I'm watching online. The others I'm buying on DVD, so I can only update them when I get around to getting the next boxsets.
    Last edited by Zero Nexus; 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Chihayafuru Season 2 - 24/15
    My Ordinary Life (again) - 26/26 FINISHED
    Space Brothers - 63/-

My Ordinary life is easily one my favourite anime. It's just a joy to watch.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    I agree that Hataraku's last episode is the weakest. It felt like an OVA rather than a tv finale.

However. Along with Yahari and SnK. They're still great to me
    but that umbrella scene at the end was a amazing place to end it.

SNK is way to slow paced for me. i mean i like it but not as much asi liked the manga

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - 11/24
    Attack on Titan - 12/25
    Chihayafuru 2 - 25/25
    Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - 12/13
    Heartcatch Precure! - 26/49
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 85/?
    Oreimo Season 2 - 12/16
    Red Data Girl - 12/12
    Space Brothers - 63/?
    The Devil is a Part-Timer! - 13/13
    The Severing Crime Edge - 12/13

Red Data Girl didn't have many things for me to hate, it just had very few things for me to like. Which still made it pretty bad, really...

I feel that The Devil is a Part-Timer falters when it falls into a pattern, so unlike some others, I quite liked the final episode because it was a nice contrast to the previous one. I did feel like it meandered about not doing very much for a while after Suzuno was introduced, but I liked the premise, it was often funny and I miss the characters already.

Chihayafuru 2 was a bit slower-paced than the first season, but when I'm really absorbed in an episode (which is nearly all the time), that ceases to be an issue. Another magnificent season, and I know we were lucky to get a season 2... but the show surely can't end here, can it?
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 29th June 2013 at 12:36 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Bleach - 151/366
    Devil Survivor 2: The Animation - 8/13
    Dragonball Z - 107/291
    Naruto Shippuuden - 100/?
    One Piece - 601/?
    Persona 4: The Animation - 2/25

Gonna wrap up DS2 tomorrow and decide what to watch next

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge - 10/13
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - 8/13
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. - 9/12
    Hourou Musuko - 4/11
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. - 12/13
    Photokano - 13/13 Completed
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 12/25
    Sora no Otoshimono - 9/13
    Sparrow's Hotel - 12/12 Completed

Funny how I finish Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu~ in raw and then a day later it finally gets subbed... This strangely happens to me a lot.

I actually really enjoyed the last couple episodes of Photokano. Definitely a favorite of mine this season.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the last couple episodes of Photokano. Definitely a favorite of mine this season.
    Best episodes were Mai and Imouto.
    My Anime List

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou 5/12
    Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 11/12
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. 11/12
    Karneval 13/13
    One Piece 601/?
    Photo Kano 13/13
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 12/13
    Shingeki no Kyojin 12/25
    Suisei no Gargantia 12/13

Photo Kano was my least favorite of the animes i watched in the spring but the imouto episode was pretty good i liked it

Karneval started off a bit slow took forever for the plot to kick in but it was a nice anime to look at. would watch a 2nd season if it came out

I don't watch anime much, but I'm starting to watch a few. About to start BACCANO, oh yeah, hype, I know. I've heard this show is a masterpiece, I better like it!
    Currently avoiding news on pokemon X & Y until release. Want that fresh naive feeling.

One piece 86/∞
    I-I was not prepared for any of this. I was not prepared to handle Chopper's story I knew one piece was sad but...
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    One piece 86/∞
    I-I was not prepared for any of this. I was not prepared to handle Chopper's story I knew one piece was sad but...
    i'd say robin has the saddest story

Gintama: 82/201
    Karneval: 13/13 COMPLETED!
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 2/50
    Pandora Hearts: 4/25

Karneval just ended up getting better as it went. Fairly satisfied with it after sagging a bit early on.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Card Captor Sakura - 46/70

Dammit, Nelvana, how could you eff up the Final Judgment?! If you had just shown every damn episode...

Very beautiful episode, it was adorable. Though I'm a bit surprised Clow Reed never mentioned anything about the Wand's original form. In the manga, he said he knew the next Cardcaptor would be a girl, so he made the Key and Wand cute and pink for her. D'awwwwww :3.

Well, now I've entered the stretch of the series that wasn't as memorable to me, and possibly fairly weak. I'm probably gonna be trudging through it in most places, so it's gonna take a while to go through the next 24 episodes.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

5 Centimeters Per Second - COMPLETE
    Attack on Titan - 12
    Chihayafuru 2 - COMPLETE
    Hunter X Hunter - 84
    Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. - 12
    Space Brothers - 63
    Suisei no Gargantia - 12
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 11

And then Chihayafuru joins Kaiji in the realm of amazing shows that Madhouse needs to make S3 of when there's more material... ;_;

Also I finally watched 5 Centimeters Per Second. That was a depressing movie.

Dance in the Vampire Bund- 1/12

Bought the collection on DVD for $28 today. It's very Shaft

Page 337 of 526 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast