Page 340 of 517 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 12907

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Devil Survivor 2 the Animation 5/13
    Steins;Gate 8/24
    Sword Art Offline 2/9
    Weiß Kreuz Glühen 4/13
    xxxHOLiC 23/24

Ano Natsu de Matteru 5/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 1/12

well new summer anime is out and well it is a bit wierd but i think i might like it. wasnt a bad first episode was pretty funny and the characters are likeable so far.

Dog & Scissors- 1/12

The Season is now finally underway. I didn't enjoy it all the much, but it's nice to see Gonzo finally come back. I'll keep watching since there's not much to lose. Swimbros is tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    It's alright, they made up for it by ending the series with the amazing World End.
    World End was amazing. I'll give you that

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - 8/13
    Hourou Musuko - 6/11
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 1/12
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 13/25
    Sora no Otoshimono - 11/13

I used to have a dachshund a few years back, I loved him very much, so watching an anime that threatens to kill the main character as a dachshund kinda disturbs be. Hopefully it becomes less sadistic later.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Eureka Seven- 14/50

Stuff is starting to happen and I'm really liking it so far. I'd give it an 8 at this point. Shame I won't be hearing Flow at the start of the episodes any more. At least the new OP is charming and upbeat enough where I don't feel too bad about it (Days is still better though). That's more than I can say for Code Geass. I'm still pissed that they replaced 'Jibun wooooooo!' with such a godawful song
    When I first heard Days I thought it was really similar to Jibun Wo (Colors, yes). Then I realized it was the same band. Then I realized it's one of the best openings ever (I love it so).

Swimbros is tomorrow
    *long sigh*

Better steer clear of the Tumblr tags. Or just the fangirls in general. Still hoping for something like Ouran where the good writing and characters shine past the designs and fujoshi pandering. But I shouldn't get my hopes up...

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    When I first heard Days I thought it was really similar to Jibun Wo (Colors, yes). Then I realized it was the same band. Then I realized it's one of the best openings ever (I love it so).
    FLOW are full of amazing OPs, and just songs in general.

Sign, Colors, World End, Hey!!, Brave Blue, Word of the Voice, Re:member and GO!!! are all great.

Also, that Cha-la Head Cha-la cover.
    Better steer clear of the Tumblr tags. Or just the fangirls in general. Still hoping for something like Ouran where the good writing and characters shine past the designs and fujoshi pandering. But I shouldn't get my hopes up...
    At first I wanted something like Tsuritama, however I now want something like Kuroko no Basket.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

At first I wanted something like Tsuritama, however I now want something like Kuroko no Basket.
    I know next to nothing about Kuroko no Basket which is probably thanks to a generally quiet fanbase (Or am I wrong about this?). It's about basketball right?

Tsuritama was an excellent show and I'd be happy if Free! was like it. But the thing about Tsuritama is I liked the character designs and the art direction in general.

World End was amazing. I'll give you that
    Oh, as a warning. Don't watch Eureka Seven AO

It'll ruin your hopes and dreams

Seriously though, it's like Bones shat on Eureka Seven with AO. If you wanna watch it fine, but it's nowhere near as close as being good. They even screwed up the best part

I personally liked all of the Eureka Seven songs. I should listen to them again

I know next to nothing about Kuroko no Basket which is probably thanks to a generally quiet fanbase (Or am I wrong about this?). It's about basketball right?
    Except for the numerous death threats against the author, and consequent withdrawal from major conventions
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 2nd July 2013 at 5:33 AM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post

Seriously though, it's like Bones shat on Eureka Seven with AO. If you wanna watch it fine, but it's nowhere near as close as being good. They even screwed up the best part
    Best part of AO was the second OP.

Except for the numerous death threats against the author, and consequent withdrawal from major conventions
    That's not really the fandom though, that's the haters.

Fujoshi go crazy over Kuroko.
    My Anime List

I second this. If you're curious enough that it will get the better of you, then sure, waste your time with AO. It will take a dump on any dear memories you have of the original series so be warned.

WELL THEN.

Agreed. Bravblue was tops.

Can't argue with that. The 2nd ED wasn't too bad, either

That's not really the fandom though, that's the haters.

Fujoshi go crazy over Kuroko.
    Haters are part of the fandom, too, though, when you think about it. They read/watch/play the series almost as attentively as the fans so they can hate on it, if not pay more attention to it

I second this. If you're curious enough that it will get the better of you, then sure, waste your time with AO. It will take a dump on any dear memories you have of the original series so be warned.
    There is a way to go around it though. Disregard it as a sequel to Eureka Seven. Consider it as a standalone series. Still full of plot holes, but it may be better

Which makes me ask another question. What's Bones next series going to be? They don't have one announced for later this year, and their last one was Zetsuen no Tempest. It seems kinda weird they haven't announced one yet
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Which makes me ask another question. What's Bones next series going to be? They don't have one announced for later this year, and their last one was Zetsuen no Tempest. It seems kinda weird they haven't announced one yet
    Searching through MAL this is the only anime by Bones that starts/ed this year.
    My Anime List

Eureka Seven- 18/50

Well, looks like the plot is slowing down but it's still great. I wish Bones still made shows like this and FMA. Good writing, top notch animation, a healthy length without going overboard, minimal filler and a little bit of shonen passion for good measure.

I will be watching AO, but with incredibly low expectations and disregarding its connection to the rest of the franchise. Although seeing pictures of Renton all grown up makes me worried. The fact the MC is the love child of Renton and Eureka makes me even more worried. I'll probably watch it once the dub comes out.

FLOW are full of amazing OPs, and just songs in general.

Sign, Colors, World End, Hey!!, Brave Blue, Word of the Voice, Re:member and GO!!! are all great.
    I hate Naruto with a passion but I still think GO!!! is easily one of my favourite anime openings of all time

Searching through MAL this is the only anime by Bones that starts/ed this year.
    Isn't it kinda bad for a smallish? studio like Bones to not publicly announce that they're working on something?

Arata Kangatari: 12/12 COMPLETED
    Attack on Titan: 13/25
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 86/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 1/12
    Kuroko no Basket: 4/25

Mushibugyo: 12/26 ON-HOLD
    One Piece: 602/?
    Tegami Bachi: 2/25 ON-HOLD
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 12/24
    Toriko: 110/?
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 64/?

Kuroko no Basket is interesting enough. I can see why people like it, I like it... yeah, I don't have any complaints
    Douglas Adams

I hate Naruto with a passion but I still think GO!!! is easily one of my favourite anime openings of all time
    Sign is better.
    My Anime List

Ano Natsu de Matteru 12/12

well this anime was better then i thought it was going to be. all the characters were great and the story was really good mix of drama and romance. still wish they handled the ending a little better did take me a while to figure out what exactly it was implying but still good anime

I really wanted Free! to be like Kuroko so that I can find it great like most of Kyoani's shows.

But I'll just keep my expectations low for now.

Also. I watched that dog anime.
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 2nd July 2013 at 9:51 AM.

Soul Eater: Brotherhood? I mean the manga's on its last chapter now. Or just animate everything past where they had it right. Battle of Brew onwards.

I will be watching AO, but with incredibly low expectations and disregarding its connection to the rest of the franchise. Although seeing pictures of Renton all grown up makes me worried. The fact the MC is the love child of Renton and Eureka makes me even more worried. I'll probably watch it once the dub comes out.
    Is the dub not already out? I know I've seen a trailer.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1/?

well not a bad start. it does seem like a intresting anime. alot of people were saying the 1st episode was rushed. it did feel like it a bit but still i think this anime may turn out to be a really good mystery anime, but only time will tell

Eureka Seven- 23/50

Almost at the halfway point. Show's really starting to get good. Some scenes are so powerful that they're borderline painful to watch.

I decided to go to extras and watch some of the interviews. The interview with Crispin Freeman was fantastic. He went into detail about some of the underlying themes and obscure literary references (All of which completely slipped my mind until he pointed them out), talks a bit about acting in general and trying to understand his character's mindser and ends by discussing what makes anime appealing as opposed to live action movies or western cartoons.

Johnny Bosch's interview wasn't as well researched, but it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the interviews on the K-On DVDs (Because we really care about what the VAs were like when they attended school).

'When I was auditioning I heard the Japanese and he sounded like a girl, or at least I think he was voiced by a girl, so I tried to make my voice sound like a girl's'
    'I'm similar to Renton in the sense that I sometimes have bad hair days and probably need a hair cut. I also have a giant robot out there in the parking lot'
    'I can't really tell what the themes are are at this point, I guess that killing is bad?'
    'Renton and Eureka really need to put their problems aside and just hook up'

Kind of a pretty big contrast to mythology and the finer aspects of storytelling and animation

Is the dub not already out? I know I've seen a trailer.
    They did release a trailer. If I'm not mistaken, it comes out later this month. Kind of cool how they're bringing back Stephanie Sheh to voice Eureka. Be even better if they got Johnny Bosch to voice adult Renton.

Well I started watching Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san today. It's quite short, but I really like it.
    I'm a bit over halfway Dragonball Z as well. Episode 147. After that I'll watch GT and the movies. I can't believe I missed this as a kid.

I'm planning on watching Soul Eater after I've finished the entire Dragon Ball series, but I'm not really sure what to watch after that.

But yeah, I haven't finished that much anime series. Since I do other stuff in my free time as wel and I've only started watching anime a few years ago. But the ones I have fiished or I'm at the most recent episode if they're still ongoing are:

One Piece
    Dragon Ball
    Mirai Nikki
    Hellsing
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
    Witchblade
    Jigoku Shoujo
    Blue Submarine no. 6
    Digimon
    Digimon adventure
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

I also started Mouretsu Pirates and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai but didn't have time to continue watching them, then all sorts of other stuff happened and I don't feel motivated to continue them.
    Last edited by Drake Pokétrainer; 2nd July 2013 at 9:27 PM.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Eureka Seven- 23/50

Almost at the halfway point. Show's really starting to get good. Some scenes are so powerful that they're borderline painful to watch.

I decided to go to extras and watch some of the interviews. The interview with Crispin Freeman was fantastic. He went into detail about some of the underlying themes and obscure literary references (All of which completely slipped my mind until he pointed them out), talks a bit about acting in general and trying to understand his character's mindser and ends by discussing what makes anime appealing as opposed to live action movies or western cartoons.
    Oooh, sounds good, I should watch it.

Johnny Bosch's interview wasn't as well researched, but it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the interviews on the K-On DVDs (Because we really care about what the VAs were like when they attended school).

'When I was auditioning I heard the Japanese and he sounded like a girl, or at least I think he was voiced by a girl, so I tried to make my voice sound like a girl's'
    'I'm similar to Renton in the sense that I sometimes have bad hair days and probably need a hair cut. I also have a giant robot out there in the parking lot'
    'I can't really tell what the themes are are at this point, I guess that killing is bad?'
    'Renton and Eureka really need to put their problems aside and just hook up'

Kind of a pretty big contrast to mythology and the finer aspects of storytelling and animation
    JYB is a funny guy in general, or at least he was when I saw him at Anime North.

They did release a trailer. If I'm not mistaken, it comes out later this month. Kind of cool how they're bringing back Stephanie Sheh to voice Eureka. Be even better if they got Johnny Bosch to voice adult Renton.
    For me that's not so much "something cool" as it is "they frickin better have". E7 had a generally good dub, not bringing back the original actors would be lame. Still kind of pissed about MGSV but that's unrelated.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - 8/13
    Hourou Musuko - 6/11
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 1/12
    Mirai Nikki Redial - 1/1 Completed
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 13/25
    Sora no Otoshimono - 11/13

Yay for Youtube! I saw Redial was on Youtube subbed while I was at work today so I spent the next few hours anxiously waiting to get home to watch it. The subs weren't perfect, but they did good. I love Mirai Nikki so much! *skips away in happiness*

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

For me that's not so much "something cool" as it is "they frickin better have". E7 had a generally good dub, not bringing back the original actors would be lame. Still kind of pissed about MGSV but that's unrelated.
    It's Funimation, so I wouldn't count on it. Unlike Sentai, they tend to be rather inconsistent about fidelity to the original cast; for every Roberta's Blood Trail, you get something like the Trigun movie.

Gotta stay fly, gotta stay strong, we be ace ready all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Yamato View Post
    It's Funimation, so I wouldn't count on it. Unlike Sentai, they tend to be rather inconsistent about fidelity to the original cast; for every Roberta's Blood Trail, you get something like the Trigun movie.
    Well they still had JYB. They recast everyone else though...

Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R were pretty impressive, save for the absence of David Moo as Xellos.

Page 340 of 517 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast