Page 341 of 519 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 12971

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Card Captor Sakura - 57/70

Still trudging through. Gonna try to get up to episode 60 by the time I go to bed.

I remember thinking episode 55, "Sakura in Wonderland", was the most boring episode of the series when I was younger, and it made me start to fall out of Cardcaptors. But I'm at least glad I didn't stop there, because I kinda remember the elevator episode where Li calls out Sakura by her name, and it's just such a memorable and adorable scene. Li/Sakura really is the cutest pairing <3.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Attack on Titan: 13/25
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 86/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 1/12
    Kuroko no Basket: 13/25
    One Piece: 602/?
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 12/24
    Toriko: 110/?
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 64/?

Kuroko no Basket is pretty good. Not as good as Chihayafuru, but a great sport show in any case
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Eureka Seven- 28/50

This show does a really good job of bringing out all sorts of emotions. Moved my score up to a 9. Loving the new OP with Renton and Eureka re-united

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Well they still had JYB. They recast everyone else though...
    Haven't seen Badlands Rumble yet, but replacing Wolfwood is criminal. Well, at least JYB is still Vash

Stephanie Sheh has done some work for Funi before (She was Barkhorn in the godawful Strike Witches dub) so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that she returned

Soul Eater: Brotherhood?
    What you want: Soul Eater: Brotherhood

Waht you get: Soul Eater AO
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Card Captor Sakura - 61/70

Hauuuu, nine more episodes to go! Looks like I'm actually picking up the pace now that I can see the finish line from here. If I were to guess, I'm anywhere between volumes ten and eleven in the manga at this point. I kinda wish I have those two volumes right now... then I'd be finished with the manga series.

Anyhoo, gonna keep watching. Planning on watching a couple more before I turn in for the night, and then finish it up tomorrow. Then I'll have to make a decision about what anime to watch next.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (Rewatching) 6/25
    Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji 1/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 1/12
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1/?
    MM! 2/12
    One Piece 602/?
    Senyuu. 2 1/?
    Shingeki no Kyojin 13/25

well since its my favorite anime i decided to rewatch Code Geass, its been over a year since ive seen it. so i thought its a good time to rewatch it

Eureka Seven 30/50

The character development is fantastic in this show as is the romance between Renton and Eureka. At this rate, I'm probably going to finish it by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Eureka Seven 30/50

The character development is fantastic in this show as is the romance between Renton and Eureka. At this rate, I'm probably going to finish it by tonight.
    Eureka Seven is awesome. ^^

Bakemonogatari 8/15
    The World God Only Knows Season 2 1/12

So far I'm enjoying Bakemonogatari more for its awesome story and character interaction, but TWGOK is also awesome. ^^

Eureka Seven- 32/50

>Climactic scene late in the show
    >First OP plays in triumphant moment

Gets me every time

Haven't seen Badlands Rumble yet, but replacing Wolfwood is criminal.
    It gets worse.

"Sorry to all the fans, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again and dub the Trigun movie, but Funimation dubbed it already without me. They called me and wanted me to fly myself out to Texas from Los Angeles and put myself up in a hotel while they paid me less than the original series paid. I would have lost money on the deal. Then when I asked for more money, they went ahead and replaced me. Pretty cheap, huh? I guess they don't care about the fans. Sorry, guys, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again, but remember, I'll always be the original!" -Jeff Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    What you want: Soul Eater: Brotherhood

Waht you get: Soul Eater AO
    NOOOOO. No way. I've been keeping up with the manga. While I have little faith of them doing an original story, adapting the rest of the manga should be no problem. Plus there are some scenes with Kim that need to be animated.

Eureka Seven- 32/50

>Climactic scene late in the show
    >First OP plays in triumphant moment

Gets me every time
    The fight with TheEND right? One of, if not my favourite moment in that series.

Eureka Seven- 50/50 (COMPLETE)

Man... that ending man...

As for my thoughts on the show, it was a bit overly vague at times but the character relationships and their development coupled with top notch animation, awesome mecha fights and a lot of charm to boot makes it a solid 9/10 which puts it in my all time top 10.

I also have to give a special mention to the English dub since it was fantastic. It's surprising that someone like Johnny Yong Bosch who usually voices characters with deeper voices can play a teenager voiced by a girl so convincingly. Stephanie Sheh is great as Eureka too as is Crispin Freeman as Holland (No surprise, he's always amazing), Kate Higgins as Talho and Kari Wahlgren as Anemone.

Kind of sad that AO sucks. A sequel to the show sounds like a great idea on paper given how open ended the conclusion was.

It gets worse.

"Sorry to all the fans, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again and dub the Trigun movie, but Funimation dubbed it already without me. They called me and wanted me to fly myself out to Texas from Los Angeles and put myself up in a hotel while they paid me less than the original series paid. I would have lost money on the deal. Then when I asked for more money, they went ahead and replaced me. Pretty cheap, huh? I guess they don't care about the fans. Sorry, guys, I would have loved to play Wolfwood again, but remember, I'll always be the original!" -Jeff Nimoy
    Well, it's reassuring to know it's not his fault. I assume something similar might have happened with Chris Patton being replaced halfway through the FMAB dub when Greed took over Ling's body.

Although Sentai are worse when it comes to this sort of thing. With the Angel Beats dub, they replaced the VAs of a bunch of minor characters halfway through the show (Which is only 12 episodes) and replaced half the cast of The World God Only Knows in Season 2. Luckily those dubs are terrible and not nearly as memorable as Trigun so I can just laugh it off. Although apparently they turned down Steve Blum when he made an offer to be in the English dub for Kid's on the Slope (Since he has a history with Watanabe's previous works). That's a pretty terrible thing to do.
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 3rd July 2013 at 6:53 PM.

NOOOOO. No way. I've been keeping up with the manga. While I have little faith of them doing an original story, adapting the rest of the manga should be no problem. Plus there are some scenes with Kim that need to be animated.
    haha i think i know wat scenes your referring to :P. i would love to see alot of scenes from the manga animated. i mean in the anime mosquito says he can transform more then once. but it doesnt even show it in the anime haha

Card Captor Sakura - 66/70

Two more hours to go. It'll definitely be done sometime this evening, since I have classes here soon and I need to get lunch.

The romance in Card Captor Sakura is just so innocent, I wish more shows were like that. Hauuu, Shaoran and Sakura are so cute...
    I survived Pupa.

Free!- 1/12

Wow this show is gay. Like really, really gay. At least the girls are still cute. Pretty easy to enjoy ironically so I don't have much reason to drop it

Also
    > Swimming school in Australia
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 3rd July 2013 at 8:45 PM.

Free!- 1/12

Wow this show is gay. Like really, really gay. Pretty easy to enjoy ironically so I don't have much reason to drop it
    So... which of the two meanings are you talking about ._.? I'm like confused...

Card Captor Sakura - 68/70

Hau-au, I'm trying to remember if I did see episode 68 dubbed. It's the only other reason why it is Sakura was in that costume when she transformed the Light and Dark Cards with Shaoran. I'm pretty sure the episode was aired on Kids WB... but my memory's fuzzy.

Still, I'm almost finished. And I'm actually pretty sad about it. I remember how everyone wanted to be a wizard when they turned eleven, but I wanted to be a Cardcaptor. Ever since I started watching Card Captor Sakura for the first in a long while, I've been getting those feelings back. There's just something really special about being a Cardcaptor, in that you can still be your normal self with magical powers. I mean yeah, it was like that with Harry Potter, but you went to a wizarding school for a number of months. As a Cardcaptor, you stay at home and live a normal life while getting the Cards here and there, and other things. Sure, keeping it a secret would be stressful, but to just live life the same way as before just sounds better.

I dunno, that's just what I'm feeling about it. It's just the ten-year-old in me speaking her thoughts. Cardcaptors must've really impacted me in a way like how Pokémon did. It impacted me better than Sailor Moon, that's for sure.

Hau... I wish I didn't have to go to class today so I could continue right now... It's probably for the best so I can watch the last two episodes in a row.
    I survived Pupa.

Free! - 1/12
    Space Brothers - 64/-

Oh man, this show is heterosexual.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    So... which of the two meanings are you talking about ._.? I'm like confused...
    well its has a bit of male fanservice in it. but i found the show pretty enjoyable

Free 1/12

Free is okay so far but I doubt I will like this much as much as Kuroko.
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 3rd July 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Attack on Titan - 13
    Free! - 1
    Hunter X Hunter - 85
    Space Brothers - 64
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 12

Been a while since I willingly watched something and have decided to keep watching it no matter how much I disliked it. This will probably be a long haul. First KyoAni showed I've disliked this much.

Brothers Conflict 1/13
    Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (Rewatching) 13/25
    Free! 1/12
    Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji 1/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 1/12
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 1/?
    Mirai Nikki Redial 1/1
    MM! 4/12
    One Piece 602/?
    Senyuu. 2 1/?
    Shingeki no Kyojin 13/25

Man Rewatching certain scenes of Code Geass isnt good for my heart >.< i remember the first time watching the sad/depressing scenes in this anime. its still not easier on me the 2nd time watching it

Free! - 1

Been a while since I willingly watched something and have decided to keep watching it no matter how much I disliked it. This will probably be a long haul. First KyoAni showed I've disliked this much.
    o_o

Now I really don't know if I should go ahead and watch it as planned... I don't want beefcake for the hell of it, I'd like to have some characters. Then again, I think guys just really don't like watching other guys rip off shirts to go swimming, and that girls will like this show just fine, but still...

Wonder if this'll become a guilty pleasure for the most part. I noticed its popularity on MAL shot up after the first airing, so hard to say at this point. It's still too early to tell.
    I survived Pupa.

o_o

Now I really don't know if I should go ahead and watch it as planned... I don't want beefcake for the hell of it, I'd like to have some characters. Then again, I think guys just really don't like watching other guys rip off shirts to go swimming, and that girls will like this show just fine, but still...

Wonder if this'll become a guilty pleasure for the most part. I noticed its popularity on MAL shot up after the first airing, so hard to say at this point. It's still too early to tell.
    well for me it was awkward as hell to watch guys just strip like every 5 minutes but i found it enjoyable to watch. its not like its a boring anime

Free! just seems ridiculously over-the-top, like any of the number of other shows with ridiculously over-the-top fan service.

There is this one post that annoyed me, though, on Tumblr about the matter, which included the passage "An anime full of fanservice but it’s fanservice of sexy men and it’s done right," followed by a screencap. "Done right"? Is blatantly over-the-top sexual fan service ever "done right" outside of Saints Row? The implication almost is that it's done right because they're guys. I'm at least glad some people can feel good about being pandered to, and don't entirely mind, because, let's be fair, the list of shows that are based around overtly sexual fan service of girls numbers very, very many. It was one of the worst parts about Yamibou except for ****ing everything about the last two episodes.

Oh well. I think I'm just bent out of shape because of the reactions to its existence in general.

That, or I'm disappointed because dubstep.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 4th July 2013 at 3:56 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    There is this one post that annoyed me, though, on Tumblr about the matter, which included the passage "An anime full of fanservice but it’s fanservice of sexy men and it’s done right," followed by a screencap. "Done right"? Is blatantly over-the-top sexual fan service ever "done right" outside of Saints Row? The implication almost is that it's done right because they're guys. I'm at least glad some people can feel good about being pandered to, and don't entirely mind, because, let's be fair, the list of shows that are based around overtly sexual fan service of girls numbers very, very many. It was one of the worst parts about Yamibou except for ****ing everything about the last two episodes.
    Wow, you really have strong feelings about the use of fanservice. You could probably do a whole rant on fanservice. Do it.

Card Captor Sakura - 70/70 - COMPLETE

Hauuu, the ending was too bittersweet! The manga at least gave us a happy ending! Why did the anime end like that D:? I get it was so The Sealed Card could tie up the loose ends, but still, that's a heartbreaking ending there for such a happy series. I guess there was a reason I kinda forgot what the ending was like in the dub.

Oh well. It's still a really great anime, and I'm happy I watched it all the way through for the first time. It's a really innocent series, and I wish there were more shows like that. I'm gonna miss Card Captor Sakura, though, since I don't know when I'll get around to rewatching it. But I know everything's all right.

Thinking on watching Eden of the East next, but I also thought about Now and Then, Here and There. Though from what I heard of Now and Then, watching it right after Card Captor Sakura would probably not be a good idea.
    I survived Pupa.

Wow, you really have strong feelings about the use of fanservice. You could probably do a whole rant on fanservice. Do it.
    I probably could, and very well may in the future.

Thinking on watching Eden of the East next, but I also thought about Now and Then, Here and There. Though from what I heard of Now and Then, watching it right after Card Captor Sakura would probably not be a good idea.
    I can't really weigh in on either, except that I remember that Eden of the East always seemed really bizarre from a distance.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Page 341 of 519 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast