Page 350 of 557 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 13901

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

One Piece ep 341. Avoiding fillers as much as possible I really want to of watched the series up to its current point before watching any other anime. Plus I watched the series when it was on Toonima and want to see it through.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    if u want a daily dose of moe, you should check out Kiniro Mosaic :P cutest anime of the season
    He should be watching Hyperdimension. It has the most moe this season

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I actually agree. I should of said as good as other people think K-On is.

if u want a daily dose of moe, you should check out Kiniro Mosaic :P cutest anime of the season
    2loli4me no thanks. For serious though, there's not much drawing me into that one. Servant x Service had promise of being like Working!! and damn did it deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    While I was a bit hesitant at first to add another show this season I caved and ended up watching Servant x Service. Zero regrets, favourite new series this season.
    You're welcome.

Laughed quite loudly when Alice stands up and, in some of the greatest Engrish you will ever hear, tells her English teach "Your Engrish sounds a little awkward."

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I actually agree. I should of said as good as other people think K-On is.
    Cute ponies doing cute pony things will never ever be as good as cute girls doing cute things.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 16th July 2013 at 3:47 AM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Serial Experiments Lain - 6/13

Really mind-screwy, but it's amazing, well put-together I have to say. I think I have a vague idea of what's going on, but something tells me that'll be flipped on its head very soon. I'm looking forward to it.

I also went ahead to watch Mutant Ninja Turtles: Choujin Densetsu-hen (Mutant Ninja Turtles: Superman Legend) since it was only two episodes, and I wish I didn't :/. I only knew of it through MarzGirl's short review of it years back, and I should've kept it that way. It's not that it's not meant for mortal eyes, but it's really boring, full of plotholes, full of one-dimensional characters and WTF-ery, and it's just rather irritating to sit through. I don't know how people can find it entertaining even though it never took itself seriously. Just... ick.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post

Laughed quite loudly when Alice stands up and, in some of the greatest Engrish you will ever hear, tells her English teach "Your Engrish sounds a little awkward."
    that was the best. haha i had to rewatch that part just to hear her say it again. i love how they added a hint of british accent to it

Attack on Titan: 14/25
    Blood Lad: 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 1/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 1/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 1/10
    Free!: 2/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 2/-
    Gin no Saji: 1/11
    High School DxD New: 2/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 88/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 3/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 1/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 2/12
    Love Lab: 1/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 2/-
    Needless: 14/24
    One Piece: 604/?
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 2/13
    Servant x Service: 2/-
    Sunday Without God: 1/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 1/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 14/24
    Toriko: 112/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 2/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 65/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 2/12

WataMote still creeps me out. I like it, but man, it's creepy
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Serial Experiments Lain - 13/13 - COMPLETE

That was an interesting ride that I don't think I'll go back on for a long while. Not because it was rather confusing, but because there was so much that I have to let it all sink in. According to TV Tropes (and I guess others), this is an anime where you are free to come to your own conclusions. What I got was the importance of human connection, especially in a day of information. In 1998, the Internet was probably still unheard of in the general public, so I don't think anyone could foresee the change in society with the arrival of the Internet. Now, in 2013, Internet and technology is part of everyday life--but should it? If humans were able to survive without computers or the Internet, then can we still survive without them today? Or could we use it to our own evolutionary advantage, especially toward each other?

According to TV Tropes, again, there were a lot of references to various literacy, computer technology, and real-life scientists throughout the show, and I caught on to that, but only when they were pointed out. I pretty much will have to do a lot of digging to understand some of the more subtle references. But otherwise, I did enjoy what I saw. I really have never seen anything like it, and I wonder if this was the inspiration for anything... I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

So... that was Serial Experiments Lain. Wonder what I could watch next in its wake? Perhaps Tatami Galaxy, or Mysterious Girlfriend X. Or I could just go through a couple of movies like Jin-roh: the Wolf Brigade or Children Who Chase Lost Voices. So many choices...
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    So... that was Serial Experiments Lain. Wonder what I could watch next in its wake? Perhaps Tatami Galaxy, or Mysterious Girlfriend X. Or I could just go through a couple of movies like Jin-roh: the Wolf Brigade or Children Who Chase Lost Voices. So many choices...
    The only right choice here is Tatami Galaxy.
    My Anime List

I have good and bad experiences with the whole brony fandom. My most memorable one being a friend of mines little brother, who calls me gay for liking a "girls" show like K-ON! I've tried to explain to him on many occasions that K-ON! is a seinen, and isn't a girls show, but he refuses to listen to reason. Most aren't that bad though.
    Let me guess, he's one of those people who think MLP was not made with an audience of little girls in mind? Although for the record, I didn't realise K-On was aimed at guys until long after I'd bought the bright pink collector's box from JB. But as I said before, I still found it be comparatively less weird for me to be enjoying K-On rather than Ponies. Plus I liked the classic rock references and the premise since I'm a terrible guitar player and can relate to Yui on that level. Not to mention that K-On is a much better show overall.

Also I just went on /a/ and found a civil discussion thread about SAO. Even they've given up yet people still keep raving on about how it's the worst thing in existence.
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 16th July 2013 at 2:57 PM.

Blood Lad 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 2/13
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 60/64 (Re-watching)
    Fantasista Doll 2/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 1/10
    Free! 2/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 2/-
    Gin no Saji 1/11
    Hunter x Hunter 88/-
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 2/-
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyuobi 2/-

Kiniro Mosaic 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 2/12
    Love Lab 2/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 2/-
    Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 1/-
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 2/12
    Servant x Service 2/-
    Shingeki no Kyojin 14/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu 2/13
    Soul Eater 13/51
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 14/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 2/12
    Uchuu Kyoudai 65/-
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 2/12

Still waiting for Doki to hurry up and release Kimi no Iru Machi, and that will be my last show this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Although for the record, I didn't realise K-On was aimed at guys until long after I'd bought the bright pink collector's box from JB. But as I said before, I still found it be comparatively less weird for me to be enjoying K-On rather than Ponies. Plus I liked the classic rock references and the premise since I'm a terrible guitar player and can relate to Yui on that level. Not to mention that K-On is a much better show overall.
    I think that fact that things like K-ON!, Hidamari Sketch, or even the various iDOLM@STER manga all being published in magazines aimed at a male audience just highlights the massive culture difference.

Just look at one of the covers of Manga Time Kirara, a seinen magazine.

It certainly doesn't look like something aimed at a male audience.
    My Anime List

Still waiting for Doki to hurry up and release Kimi no Iru Machi, and that will be my last show this season.
    i had to read the manga cause the anime starts 81 chapters in >.<

edit: so i finished Btooom! i did enjoy it but there was so much that needed to be talked about that i couldnt just accept that ending.. and i heard it sold like crap so seeing a 2nd season is pretty much has a low chance at happening
    Last edited by wingzx; 17th July 2013 at 12:26 AM.

The only right choice here is Tatami Galaxy.
    Seconded. Tatami Galaxy is great. Anyone in or going into college/university should see it.

edit: so i finished Btooom! i did enjoy it but there was so much that needed to be talked about that i couldnt just accept that ending.. and i heard it sold like crap so seeing a 2nd season is pretty much has a low chance at happening
    First, it's Madhouse, sales mean crap as far as getting a second season goes. See Chihayafuru or Kaiji for examples of this.
    Second, they couldn't talk about anything else, they animated everything that had been published at the time it was airing.
    My Anime List

First, it's Madhouse, sales mean crap as far as getting a second season goes. See Chihayafuru or Kaiji for examples of this.
    Second, they couldn't talk about anything else, they animated everything that had been published at the time it was airing.
    ya just noticed the manga still isnt complete. well maybe when the manga is finished the 2nd season may be made

Where does Madhouse get it's money, then? I know they're used a lot for video game cutscenes and stuff, but the only real "successful" series I've seen from them is Hunter X Hunter, and that's only in ratings. I don't understand how they make things look so good and yet still go on like it's no big deal when the series don't sell well. I'm fine with it, I'm just worried if they're going to run out of money at some point

Free!: 2/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 2/-
    Needless: 18/24
    Sunday Without God: 2/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 2/13

A lot of shows I like this season. Cł-bu is a good show, this is the best season of Kaminomi(imo) even if they are rushing through it, and Sunday Without God is a really interesting concept and is pulling me in rather well.
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 17th July 2013 at 5:37 AM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Where does Madhouse get it's money, then? I know they're used a lot for video game cutscenes and stuff, but the only real "successful" series I've seen from them is Hunter X Hunter, and that's only in ratings. I don't understand how they make things look so good and yet still go on like it's no big deal when the series don't sell well. I'm fine with it, I'm just worried if they're going to run out of money at some point
    Didn't they go bankrupt or almost go bankrupt a few years back and then got bought by Nihon TV?

Attack on Titan - 14
    Free! - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 87
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 2
    Servant x Service - 2
    Silver Spoon - 1
    Space Brothers - 65
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 2
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 14
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 2

Surprisingly WataMote episode 2 was even better than the first! Usually I'm not one for Silver Link but they've done an amazing adaptation so far. The last punchline before the credits was perfect, even better than the manga thanks to the animation shift and music kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Didn't they go bankrupt or almost go bankrupt a few years back and then got bought by Nihon TV?
    Maybe they did. I don't really know. That's why I'm asking. I don't see how they go on using this business model, and act like it's no big deal when a production doesn't sell well
    Douglas Adams

Quite a few studios are owned by bigger companies. Madhouse's adaptations tend to drive up interest in the source material more than they generate DVD and BD sales.
    My Anime List

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

OH MY GOD A MAKOTO SHINKAI MOVIE THAT DIDN'T BREAK MY HEART IT'S A MIRACLE SO WHY AM I CRYING

Makoto Shinkai, you've done it again, even though it's your second film. It's so beautiful, I love it. I made sure to watch the dub so I could look at the pretty art forever, and it's a pretty good dub. I thought that was Luci Christian as Sayuki, but it's Jessica Boone (though she's dubbed anime with her), and I didn't think she was bad. The voices really weren't all that bad at all, I liked them.

Hauuu, I'm all fuzzy inside... thinking on watching a couple more anime movies, like Princess Arete and Children Who Chase Lost Voices before I watch Tatami Galaxy. I may save that for the weekend, actually.

So, I think i read that a season two of SAO was confirmed to be made into an anime but I wanted to check in here to make sure that was true.
    Also if you guys aren't watching it Space Brothers is a good anime.
    Space Brothers - 65
    Attack on Titian - 14
    Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club - 3
    Hunter x Hunter - 88
    Oreimo Season 2 - 12
    Magi - 25/26

This is my lovely badge for the Shadow Star league click on the league to look at it:

My 3DS friend code is 3282-3275-6248 if anyone wants to add me you can.
    Credits:
    LordVader2719, Quilt, Anakbae/Godzilla, FairyWitch and SNOWFLAKE

Quote Originally Posted by alomagicat View Post
    So, I think i read that a season two of SAO was confirmed to be made into an anime but I wanted to check in here to make sure that was true.
    Also if you guys aren't watching it Space Brothers is a good anime.
    it most likely will happen but no news on it yet

Watched Fate/stay magical girl variant (my name for it =3=) episode 2.

This one was much better then the first. And now I can fully tell thats its a parody, VS the first episode when I was confused.

MAGICAL GIRL CUTENESS IS BEST WEAPON.

Or is it? ._. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Hotarubi no Mori e

I should've seen that ending coming, but it still hurts TT^TT. It's so cute and so beautiful, I'm so happy I found it, even though I wanna be happy right now. Still was worth watching, though, despite the hurting.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: 3/12
    Free!: 3/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 2/-
    Needless: 24/24 COMPLETED
    Sunday Without God: 2/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 2/13
    Douglas Adams

Page 350 of 557 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast