Page 350 of 526 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 13136

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Manga of the year
    Last edited by Jb; 15th July 2013 at 5:10 PM.

Decided to catch up with the Kiss x Sis OVA series. Let's just say the term 'borderline hentai' has never felt so appropriate and that it's one of the greatest guilty pleasures in existence.
    I hate this fandom so much. I mean, the show isn't even very good. My twin brother went through a Brony stage so I know first hand just how annoying it is dealing with those people. Half the reason I was willing to give K-On a try (Which would eventually lead to me getting into anime) was because it seemed marginally less creepy for me to be enjoying that rather than cartoon horses

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    I hate this fandom so much. I mean, the show isn't even very good. My twin brother went through a Brony stage so I know first hand just how annoying it is dealing with those people. Half the reason I was willing to give K-On a try (Which would eventually lead to me getting into anime) was because it seemed marginally less creepy for me to be enjoying that rather than cartoon horses
    I have good and bad experiences with the whole brony fandom. My most memorable one being a friend of mines little brother, who calls me gay for liking a "girls" show like K-ON! I've tried to explain to him on many occasions that K-ON! is a seinen, and isn't a girls show, but he refuses to listen to reason. Most aren't that bad though.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Decided to catch up with the Kiss x Sis OVA series. Let's just say the term 'borderline hentai' has never felt so appropriate and that it's one of the greatest guilty pleasures in existence.
    Actually the show is very good. Honestly, most people that hate already went in with a closed mind. And can't see that the fandom doesn't represent the quality of the show. Which is just as good as K-On.
    Last edited by Jb; 15th July 2013 at 7:03 PM.

Oh God, the comments. Have to keep a straight face and failing.

This could go two ways: it could be a great adaptation and transition well into manga/anime, or it could go down the route of Powerpuff Girls Z or Mutant Turtles: Choujin Densetsu-hen. Or a combination of both.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Oh my god.

That was great.

Still enjoying the TWGOK's adaption, even if they took out haqua teasing keima. XD

God Yui's hialrious.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Oh my god.

That was great.

Still enjoying the TWGOK's adaption, even if they took out haqua teasing keima. XD

God Yui's hialrious.

ya alot was skipped :P espicially checking who the hosts were. they skipped alot of convo with the other girls but still enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    ya alot was skipped :P espicially checking who the hosts were. they skipped alot of convo with the other girls but still enjoyable
    I felt it got the point accross enough. There wasn't anything really important that was skipped...

Like I said, the only thing I truly missed was haqua teasing kiema after Yui made her appearance.

"Kiema-channnnn" *grabs his hand aggresively*
    *flushes*
    Your weakness is agrresive girls eh?

or something like that.

that was funny as crap. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I felt it got the point accross enough. There wasn't anything really important that was skipped...

Like I said, the only thing I truly missed was haqua teasing kiema after Yui made her appearance.

"Kiema-channnnn" *grabs his hand aggresively*
    *flushes*
    Your weakness is agrresive girls eh?

or something like that.

that was funny as crap. XD
    still im surpised how much they fit in this episode. it was rushed but still was good i enjoyed it. i think this season might sell better then the rest.. which didnt sell well at all haha.
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by wingzx; 15th July 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 1/? - Now, as someone who did NOT read the manga, I had alot of mixed feelings about the first episode (and yes I am slow on the uptake because I have only got to watch the first episode when there are two. I was on a vacation for 5 days not allowing me to watch anime). With all the parts that was supposedly in the manga (such as a number of girls, the number I do not remember off the top of my head) but not in the anime I was a little bit more than confused at first. I wish that instead of just telling you about it very breifly that the actually put the entire thing into the anime (which would result in the godess arc being an S4 or making S3 longer, I assume). But I still enjoyed it and found very entertaining. I feel like as a whole, this season might be like Hayate No Gotoku did with their S3 (Seasons 1 and 2 being some plot with alot of comedy and Season 3 throwing a crap ton of plot in your lap, which for Hayate I did not enjoy as much, but it might be different with TWGOK)

Shakugan No Shana II 1/24 - After watching the first season as the only thing I watched when I watched anime (at the time, if that even makes any sense) and I put it on hold because it seems I have a lot of better anime to watch.

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 1/? Only episode and I loved it. I was laughing for 95% of the time, and I was surprised by the Opening Theme (as someone who listens to Post-Hardcore, I wasn't disgusted by it, but now I know what Japanese screamo sounds like). And according to Crunchyroll, the next episode should be available in 6 hours. Can't wait for it.

Most Recent Shiny!

MyAnimeList
    3DS FRIEND CODE:4983-5418-8982 | IGN: Colby
    Friend Safari:
    Self Obtained Shinies:

MLP is slightly above the average. It's good. That is, compared to other cartoons that come out nowadays it's good. If it ran back about 10 years ago or so it'd probably be considered "meh" tier and not given the attention it receives today. But thanks to the wonders of the internet and not being able to tell if people online are being ironic it's here to stay!

Most of the fans are batshit *******es though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Which is just as good as K-On.
    No, I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekromaster826 View Post
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 1/? - Now, as someone who did NOT read the manga, I had alot of mixed feelings about the first episode (and yes I am slow on the uptake because I have only got to watch the first episode when there are two. I was on a vacation for 5 days not allowing me to watch anime). With all the parts that was supposedly in the manga (such as a number of girls, the number I do not remember off the top of my head) but not in the anime I was a little bit more than confused at first. I wish that instead of just telling you about it very breifly that the actually put the entire thing into the anime (which would result in the godess arc being an S4 or making S3 longer, I assume). But I still enjoyed it and found very entertaining. I feel like as a whole, this season might be like Hayate No Gotoku did with their S3 (Seasons 1 and 2 being some plot with alot of comedy and Season 3 throwing a crap ton of plot in your lap, which for Hayate I did not enjoy as much, but it might be different with TWGOK)
    Reason why they skipped all of it is cause the 1st 2 season didnt sell well in japan so they skipped to the goddess arc which is the best arc in the series so far to see how well that sells

Blood Lad: 1/10
    Danganronpa the Animation: 2/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 2/10
    Free!: 2/12
    Gintama: 82/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 3/50
    Pandora Hearts: 4/25
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 2/13

Yeah, I'll watch Blood Lad ep. 2 later, even though it was probably better than F/kl ep. 2 was.

as good as K-On.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 16th July 2013 at 3:02 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Attack on Titan - 14 now right?
    Free! - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 87
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 2
    Servant x Service - 2
    Silver Spoon - 1
    Space Brothers - 65
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 2
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 14
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 1

While I was a bit hesitant at first to add another show this season I caved and ended up watching Servant x Service. Zero regrets, favourite new series this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Attack on Titan - 14 now right?
    Free! - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 87
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 2
    Servant x Service - 2
    Silver Spoon - 1
    Space Brothers - 65
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 2
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 14
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 1

While I was a bit hesitant at first to add another show this season I caved and ended up watching Servant x Service. Zero regrets, favourite new series this season.
    if u want a daily dose of moe, you should check out Kiniro Mosaic :P cutest anime of the season

One Piece ep 341. Avoiding fillers as much as possible I really want to of watched the series up to its current point before watching any other anime. Plus I watched the series when it was on Toonima and want to see it through.

if u want a daily dose of moe, you should check out Kiniro Mosaic :P cutest anime of the season
    He should be watching Hyperdimension. It has the most moe this season

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I actually agree. I should of said as good as other people think K-On is.

2loli4me no thanks. For serious though, there's not much drawing me into that one. Servant x Service had promise of being like Working!! and damn did it deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    You're welcome.

Laughed quite loudly when Alice stands up and, in some of the greatest Engrish you will ever hear, tells her English teach "Your Engrish sounds a little awkward."

I actually agree. I should of said as good as other people think K-On is.
    Cute ponies doing cute pony things will never ever be as good as cute girls doing cute things.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 16th July 2013 at 4:47 AM.
    My Anime List

Serial Experiments Lain - 6/13

Really mind-screwy, but it's amazing, well put-together I have to say. I think I have a vague idea of what's going on, but something tells me that'll be flipped on its head very soon. I'm looking forward to it.

I also went ahead to watch Mutant Ninja Turtles: Choujin Densetsu-hen (Mutant Ninja Turtles: Superman Legend) since it was only two episodes, and I wish I didn't :/. I only knew of it through MarzGirl's short review of it years back, and I should've kept it that way. It's not that it's not meant for mortal eyes, but it's really boring, full of plotholes, full of one-dimensional characters and WTF-ery, and it's just rather irritating to sit through. I don't know how people can find it entertaining even though it never took itself seriously. Just... ick.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post

Laughed quite loudly when Alice stands up and, in some of the greatest Engrish you will ever hear, tells her English teach "Your Engrish sounds a little awkward."
    that was the best. haha i had to rewatch that part just to hear her say it again. i love how they added a hint of british accent to it

Attack on Titan: 14/25
    Blood Lad: 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 1/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 1/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 1/10
    Free!: 2/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 2/-
    Gin no Saji: 1/11
    High School DxD New: 2/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 88/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 3/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 1/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 2/12
    Love Lab: 1/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 2/-
    Needless: 14/24
    One Piece: 604/?
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 2/13
    Servant x Service: 2/-
    Sunday Without God: 1/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 1/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 14/24
    Toriko: 112/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 2/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 65/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 2/12

WataMote still creeps me out. I like it, but man, it's creepy
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Serial Experiments Lain - 13/13 - COMPLETE

That was an interesting ride that I don't think I'll go back on for a long while. Not because it was rather confusing, but because there was so much that I have to let it all sink in. According to TV Tropes (and I guess others), this is an anime where you are free to come to your own conclusions. What I got was the importance of human connection, especially in a day of information. In 1998, the Internet was probably still unheard of in the general public, so I don't think anyone could foresee the change in society with the arrival of the Internet. Now, in 2013, Internet and technology is part of everyday life--but should it? If humans were able to survive without computers or the Internet, then can we still survive without them today? Or could we use it to our own evolutionary advantage, especially toward each other?

According to TV Tropes, again, there were a lot of references to various literacy, computer technology, and real-life scientists throughout the show, and I caught on to that, but only when they were pointed out. I pretty much will have to do a lot of digging to understand some of the more subtle references. But otherwise, I did enjoy what I saw. I really have never seen anything like it, and I wonder if this was the inspiration for anything... I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

So... that was Serial Experiments Lain. Wonder what I could watch next in its wake? Perhaps Tatami Galaxy, or Mysterious Girlfriend X. Or I could just go through a couple of movies like Jin-roh: the Wolf Brigade or Children Who Chase Lost Voices. So many choices...
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    So... that was Serial Experiments Lain. Wonder what I could watch next in its wake? Perhaps Tatami Galaxy, or Mysterious Girlfriend X. Or I could just go through a couple of movies like Jin-roh: the Wolf Brigade or Children Who Chase Lost Voices. So many choices...
    The only right choice here is Tatami Galaxy.
    My Anime List

Page 350 of 526 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast