Page 351 of 531 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 13259

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I have good and bad experiences with the whole brony fandom. My most memorable one being a friend of mines little brother, who calls me gay for liking a "girls" show like K-ON! I've tried to explain to him on many occasions that K-ON! is a seinen, and isn't a girls show, but he refuses to listen to reason. Most aren't that bad though.
    Let me guess, he's one of those people who think MLP was not made with an audience of little girls in mind? Although for the record, I didn't realise K-On was aimed at guys until long after I'd bought the bright pink collector's box from JB. But as I said before, I still found it be comparatively less weird for me to be enjoying K-On rather than Ponies. Plus I liked the classic rock references and the premise since I'm a terrible guitar player and can relate to Yui on that level. Not to mention that K-On is a much better show overall.

Also I just went on /a/ and found a civil discussion thread about SAO. Even they've given up yet people still keep raving on about how it's the worst thing in existence.
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 16th July 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Blood Lad 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 2/13
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 60/64 (Re-watching)
    Fantasista Doll 2/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 1/10
    Free! 2/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 2/-
    Gin no Saji 1/11
    Hunter x Hunter 88/-
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 2/-
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyuobi 2/-

Kiniro Mosaic 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 2/12
    Love Lab 2/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 2/-
    Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 1/-
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 2/12
    Servant x Service 2/-
    Shingeki no Kyojin 14/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu 2/13
    Soul Eater 13/51
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 14/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 2/12
    Uchuu Kyoudai 65/-
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 2/12

Still waiting for Doki to hurry up and release Kimi no Iru Machi, and that will be my last show this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Although for the record, I didn't realise K-On was aimed at guys until long after I'd bought the bright pink collector's box from JB. But as I said before, I still found it be comparatively less weird for me to be enjoying K-On rather than Ponies. Plus I liked the classic rock references and the premise since I'm a terrible guitar player and can relate to Yui on that level. Not to mention that K-On is a much better show overall.
    I think that fact that things like K-ON!, Hidamari Sketch, or even the various iDOLM@STER manga all being published in magazines aimed at a male audience just highlights the massive culture difference.

Just look at one of the covers of Manga Time Kirara, a seinen magazine.

It certainly doesn't look like something aimed at a male audience.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Still waiting for Doki to hurry up and release Kimi no Iru Machi, and that will be my last show this season.
    i had to read the manga cause the anime starts 81 chapters in >.<

edit: so i finished Btooom! i did enjoy it but there was so much that needed to be talked about that i couldnt just accept that ending.. and i heard it sold like crap so seeing a 2nd season is pretty much has a low chance at happening
    Last edited by wingzx; 17th July 2013 at 1:26 AM.

The only right choice here is Tatami Galaxy.
    Seconded. Tatami Galaxy is great. Anyone in or going into college/university should see it.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    edit: so i finished Btooom! i did enjoy it but there was so much that needed to be talked about that i couldnt just accept that ending.. and i heard it sold like crap so seeing a 2nd season is pretty much has a low chance at happening
    First, it's Madhouse, sales mean crap as far as getting a second season goes. See Chihayafuru or Kaiji for examples of this.
    Second, they couldn't talk about anything else, they animated everything that had been published at the time it was airing.
    My Anime List

First, it's Madhouse, sales mean crap as far as getting a second season goes. See Chihayafuru or Kaiji for examples of this.
    Second, they couldn't talk about anything else, they animated everything that had been published at the time it was airing.
    ya just noticed the manga still isnt complete. well maybe when the manga is finished the 2nd season may be made

Where does Madhouse get it's money, then? I know they're used a lot for video game cutscenes and stuff, but the only real "successful" series I've seen from them is Hunter X Hunter, and that's only in ratings. I don't understand how they make things look so good and yet still go on like it's no big deal when the series don't sell well. I'm fine with it, I'm just worried if they're going to run out of money at some point

Attack on Titan: 14/25
    Blood Lad: 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 1/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 1/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 1/10
    Free!: 2/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 2/-
    Gin no Saji: 1/11
    High School DxD New: 2/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 88/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 3/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 2/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 2/12
    Love Lab: 1/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 2/-
    Needless: 18/24
    One Piece: 604/?
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 2/13
    Servant x Service: 2/-
    Sunday Without God: 2/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 2/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 14/24
    Toriko: 112/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 2/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 65/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 2/12

A lot of shows I like this season. Cł-bu is a good show, this is the best season of Kaminomi(imo) even if they are rushing through it, and Sunday Without God is a really interesting concept and is pulling me in rather well.
    Last edited by Eternal Darkness; 17th July 2013 at 6:37 AM.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Where does Madhouse get it's money, then? I know they're used a lot for video game cutscenes and stuff, but the only real "successful" series I've seen from them is Hunter X Hunter, and that's only in ratings. I don't understand how they make things look so good and yet still go on like it's no big deal when the series don't sell well. I'm fine with it, I'm just worried if they're going to run out of money at some point
    Didn't they go bankrupt or almost go bankrupt a few years back and then got bought by Nihon TV?

Attack on Titan - 14
    Free! - 2
    Hunter X Hunter - 87
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 2
    Servant x Service - 2
    Silver Spoon - 1
    Space Brothers - 65
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 2
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 14
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 2

Surprisingly WataMote episode 2 was even better than the first! Usually I'm not one for Silver Link but they've done an amazing adaptation so far. The last punchline before the credits was perfect, even better than the manga thanks to the animation shift and music kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Didn't they go bankrupt or almost go bankrupt a few years back and then got bought by Nihon TV?
    Maybe they did. I don't really know. That's why I'm asking. I don't see how they go on using this business model, and act like it's no big deal when a production doesn't sell well
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quite a few studios are owned by bigger companies. Madhouse's adaptations tend to drive up interest in the source material more than they generate DVD and BD sales.
    My Anime List

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

OH MY GOD A MAKOTO SHINKAI MOVIE THAT DIDN'T BREAK MY HEART IT'S A MIRACLE SO WHY AM I CRYING

Makoto Shinkai, you've done it again, even though it's your second film. It's so beautiful, I love it. I made sure to watch the dub so I could look at the pretty art forever, and it's a pretty good dub. I thought that was Luci Christian as Sayuki, but it's Jessica Boone (though she's dubbed anime with her), and I didn't think she was bad. The voices really weren't all that bad at all, I liked them.

Hauuu, I'm all fuzzy inside... thinking on watching a couple more anime movies, like Princess Arete and Children Who Chase Lost Voices before I watch Tatami Galaxy. I may save that for the weekend, actually.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

So, I think i read that a season two of SAO was confirmed to be made into an anime but I wanted to check in here to make sure that was true.
    Also if you guys aren't watching it Space Brothers is a good anime.
    Space Brothers - 65
    Attack on Titian - 14
    Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club - 3
    Hunter x Hunter - 88
    Oreimo Season 2 - 12
    Magi - 25/26

This is my lovely badge for the Shadow Star league click on the league to look at it:

My 3DS friend code is 3282-3275-6248 if anyone wants to add me you can.
    Credits:
    LordVader2719, Quilt, Anakbae/Godzilla, FairyWitch and SNOWFLAKE

Quote Originally Posted by alomagicat View Post
    So, I think i read that a season two of SAO was confirmed to be made into an anime but I wanted to check in here to make sure that was true.
    Also if you guys aren't watching it Space Brothers is a good anime.
    it most likely will happen but no news on it yet

Watched Fate/stay magical girl variant (my name for it =3=) episode 2.

This one was much better then the first. And now I can fully tell thats its a parody, VS the first episode when I was confused.

MAGICAL GIRL CUTENESS IS BEST WEAPON.

Or is it? ._. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Hotarubi no Mori e

I should've seen that ending coming, but it still hurts TT^TT. It's so cute and so beautiful, I'm so happy I found it, even though I wanna be happy right now. Still was worth watching, though, despite the hurting.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Attack on Titan: 14/25
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: 1/12
    Danganronpa-The Animation: 1/13
    Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: 3/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: 1/10
    Free!: 3/12
    Gatchaman Crowds: 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: 2/-
    Gin no Saji: 1/11
    High School DxD New: 2/12
    Hunter x Hunter (2011): 88/?
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: 3/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: 2/-
    Kiniro Mosaic: 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: 2/12
    Love Lab: 1/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season: 2/-
    Needless: 24/24 COMPLETED
    One Piece: 604/?
    Servant x Service: 2/-
    Sunday Without God: 2/-
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu: 2/13
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: 14/24
    Toriko: 112/?
    Uchouten Kazoku: 2/13
    Uchuu Kyoudai: 65/?
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: 2/12
    Douglas Adams

My brother and I decided for poops and giggles to look up the lowest-scoring anime on MAL, and we chose two that we had the time to watch: Mars of Destruction and Panzer Dragoon. No words can describe the pain and laughter we went through, so if you're morbidly curious about at least how legendary Mars of Destruction is, a YouTube search is all you need.

So to ease the pain, we sat down to watch Steamboy, which I hadn't seen all the way. I thought it was interesting, but the CGI was distracting. Looks like Katsuhiro Otomo will still be famous for AKIRA, even though this wasn't a bad movie. I just knocked it down a point or two because of the distracting CGI. Those that were traditionally drawn still had that style, though, so I was genuinely pleased about it.
    I survived Pupa.

If you want something really, really bad you should watch Psychic Wars. YOU MUST WATCH IT WITH THE ENGLISH DUB. Or, alternatively, you could watch Cipher. It's the only anime I've watched where I've liked it ironically enough to give it a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    If you want something really, really bad you should watch Psychic Wars. YOU MUST WATCH IT WITH THE ENGLISH DUB.
    Heh heh, Bennett the Sage's first Anime Abandon review. I was planning on watching it with my brother, but it's 50 minutes, and we didn't want to watch long OVAs, so we chose the half-hour ones. I'm sure if we ever go after bad anime again for the hell of it, we'll watch Psychic Wars for sure.

Or, alternatively, you could watch Cipher. It's the only anime I've watched where I've liked it ironically enough to give it a 10.
    Oh boy, that looks fun. I'll definitely put that on the list for the two of us. Actually, if he's up already, we can go ahead and watch it. OH BOY :D
    I survived Pupa.

Blood Lad 2/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 2/13
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 60/64 (Re-watching) - COMPLETE
    Fantasista Doll 2/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 1/10
    Free! 3/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 1/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 2/-
    Gin no Saji 1/11
    Hunter x Hunter 88/-
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 2/-
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyuobi 2/-
    Kiniro Mosaic 2/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 2/12
    Love Lab 2/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 2/-
    Naruto Shippuden 321/-
    Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 1/-
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 2/12
    Servant x Service 2/-
    Shingeki no Kyojin 14/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu 2/13
    Soul Eater 13/51
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 14/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 2/12
    Uchuu Kyoudai 65/-
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 2/12

Naruto finally decided to stop screwing around with fillers. The one character I've been waiting for finally shows up, and he gets to **** everyone's **** up next week. Good times.
    My Anime List

aiura 12/12 || COMPLETED
    free! 2/12
    genshiken nidaime 2/13
    hetalia: a beautiful world 20/20 || COMPLETED
    hidamari sketch 1/12
    jigoku shoujo futakomori 22/26
    karneval 8/13
    minami-ke omatase 1/2
    one piece 602/-
    ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai. 12/12 || COMPLETED
    yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru. 13/13 || COMPLETED

- specials -
    chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!: depth of field - ai to nikushimi gekijyo 2/-
    saki: achiga-hen - episode of side-a specials 4/4 || COMPLETED
    sukitte ii na yo. specials 10/10 || COMPLETED

it's been forever since i was last here.

The twins and I watched Psychic Wars and Cipher the Video like I said.

Okay... we were laughing throughout Cipher because of the hashed in 80s music and the horrible voices until surprise-twincest. Then it got creepy very fast and the twins started screaming "NO MORE".

Psychic Wars we tried to make sense of, but we were laughing and groaning so hard we gave up. Though I guess we should've known Fuyuko was the demon because the love scene was blue like... her blue aura. There was a blue aura or something. We were laughing too hard, who cares. Bennett the Sage's review at least prepared me for it, so I was able to share his pain as well as everyone else's pain who saw the OVA.

Thankfully, our cat was in the room, so to make ourselves feel better, we'd reach back to pet her every now and then. Lessened the pain a little bit.
    I survived Pupa.

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - 2/13
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - 9/13
    Free! - 2/12
    Highschool DxD New - 2/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 2/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - 2/-
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 2/-
    Rozen Maiden (2013) - 2/13
    Servant x Service - 1/-
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 14/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu - 2/13
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 2/12

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I'm marathoning Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, OreImo season 2, and Shingeki no Kyojin to finish up last season, so I can finally make a post about them on my anime blog site. I already finished Hataraku Maou-sama!. Now I have to start up with some of the summer shows, most notably Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui - I loved the manga for that and I've been dying for them to make an anime of it.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Danganronpa the Animation: 2/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 2/10
    Free!: 3/12
    Gintama: 82/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 3/50
    Pandora Hearts: 4/25
    Last edited by The Admiral; 19th July 2013 at 3:27 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Page 351 of 531 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast