Page 359 of 559 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 13974

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post

Super-rushed episode of TWGOK, and I have no idea how Keima's non-answer to Tsukiyo's perfectly legitimate question turned out to be good enough.
    every episode is going to be rushed. there fitting the whole goddess arc into 12 episodes afterall

Shingeki no Kyojin 16/25
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 4/?
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-Hen 4/12
    Kimi no Iru Machi 3/?
    Danganronpa the Animation 4/13
    Servant x Service 4/?

Servant x Service is a fantastic series thus far. It's just a really enjoyable series to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    every episode is going to be rushed. there fitting the whole goddess arc into 12 episodes afterall
    I may be in the minority, but (in comparison to the first couple of episodes), I didn't think this episode felt that rushed. It did, admittedly, adapt 8 or so chapters worth of material, but a majority of the cut scenes were the Fiore ones (of course, a series can feel rushed without adapting large amounts of material, anyway). It's still a great series so far, personally, either way.

I just hope they don't rush the next episode too much as it is probably my second favourite re-conquest.
    Last edited by Deicario; 1st August 2013 at 5:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicario View Post

I may be in the minority, but (in comparison to the first couple of episodes), I didn't think this episode felt that rushed. It did, admittedly, adapt 8 or so chapters worth of material, but a majority of the cut scenes were the Fiore ones. It's still a great series so far, personally, either way.

I just hope they don't rush the next episode as it is probably my second favourite re-conquest.
    the last reconquest is what i dont wanna see rushed. yui and the last one is my favorite reconquest

Blood Lad: 4/10?
    Danganronpa the Animation: 4/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 4/10
    Free!: 4/12
    Freezing: 12/12 COMPLETE!
    Gintama: 83/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 6/50
    Pandora Hearts: 9/25
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 4/13

Well. That escalated slowly. Freezing took a good eight to nine episodes to get interesting, at which point it took a dramatic change of tone, with just enough moments to reminds you what you were watching.

It ended up not being as utterly crap as I thought it would be, but it took just about nine goddamned episodes for it to become something that I actually would have considered worth my time.

Blood Lad 4/-
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 3/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 4/13
    Fantasista Doll 4/12
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 4/10
    Free! 4/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 3/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 4/-
    Gin no Saji 3/11
    Hunter x Hunter 90/-
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 4/12
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyuobi 4/-
    Kiniro Mosaic 4/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 3/12
    Love Lab 4/13
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 4/-
    Naruto Shippuden 322/-
    Recorder to Randoseru Miミ☆ 3/-
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 4/12
    Servant x Service 3/-
    Shingeki no Kyojin 16/25
    Soul Eater 16/51

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu 4/13
    Tamayura: Hitotose 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 16/24

Uchouten Kazoku 3/12
    Uchuu Kyoudai 67/-
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! 4/12

Spent today watching the entire first season of Tamayura so I can watch it's second season instead of Kimi no Iru Machi.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 7/50
    Pandora Hearts: 9/25

Man, Zeta Gundam is great. I feel like I'm giving the mediocre things on my list attention well ahead of everything good.

Technically, yeah, I watched the Freezing DVD specials, but we don't mention those.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicario View Post
    I may be in the minority, but (in comparison to the first couple of episodes), I didn't think this episode felt that rushed. It did, admittedly, adapt 8 or so chapters worth of material, but a majority of the cut scenes were the Fiore ones (of course, a series can feel rushed without adapting large amounts of material, anyway). It's still a great series so far, personally, either way.
    I'm not trying to make a judgement against the manga, because I haven't read it. The episode felt rushed and a bit nonsensical, and maybe it was the same way in the manga too.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon X, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl and White 2 in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I'm not trying to make a judgement against the manga, because I haven't read it. The episode felt rushed and a bit nonsensical, and maybe it was the same way in the manga too.
    That's what I meant when saying that it can feel rushed without adapting large amounts of material, but I realize that's not particularly clear when re-reading what I wrote. To clarify, I personally didn't find it rushed, but of course the amount of chapters being adapted is no indication of whether the chapters themselves are rushed. In terms of reconquest, Tsukiyo gets the short end of the stick somewhat, and both the anime and manga assume to a degree you know about the initial conquest (which the anime doesn't really have the luxury of doing so).

I didn't mean to suggest you were making a judgement against the manga, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    the last reconquest is what i dont wanna see rushed. yui and the last one is my favorite reconquest
    Agreed!
        Spoiler:- Manga Spoiler:
    Last edited by Deicario; 1st August 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation 3/12
    Naruto: Shippuuden 321/∞
    Kiss x Sis OVA 8/?
    Turning Girls ONA 6/?
    Love Lab 4/13
    Servant x Service 4/13

Kiniro Mosaic 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 3/?
    Teekyuu 2 4/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou 5/12

Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan: Eigo de Tatakau Mahou Shoujo - 1/?
    Silver Spoon 1/11

Hishoka Drop The Animation 1/?
    Brandish 2/?
    First Love 3/?
    Unsweet: Netorare Ochita Onna-tachi 1/?
    Tropical Kiss 2/2 - Complete
    Namanaka Hyaku Percent! 3/?
    Tsugou no Yoi Sexfriend? 2/2 - Complete
    Koutetsu no Majo Annerose 2/?
    Mouryou no Nie 2/2 - Complete
    Rinkan Club 3/?
    Koiito Kinenbi The Animation 1/?
    Papa Love: Kyonyuubi Shiritsu Musume 2/?
    Chikan no Licence 2/?
    Idol Kouhosei 1/?
    Sei Yariman Gakuen Enkou Nikki 1/1 - Complete
    Chu Shite Agechau: Oshikake Onee-san no Seikou Chiryou 2/2 - Complete
    Ane Koi 2/?
    Soushisouai Note The Animation 2/?
    Saimin Jutsu Zero 1/?
    Rin x Sen + Ran -> Sem Cross Mix: Haru Urara, Uragiri to Zetsubou no Kisetsu-hen 1/? -
    M Okui: Last Order 1/?
    Garden 2/?
    Ryou Seibai!: Gakuen Bishoujo Seisai Hiroku 2/?
    Koikishi Purely☆Kiss: The Animation 1/?
    JK to Orc Heidan: Aku Buta Oni ni Ryougyaku Sareta Seijo Gakuen 1/?
    Mesu Saga: Persona 1/?
    Kakushi Dere 2/?

Pandora Hearts: 10/25

Well, that was depressing. At least, the first half. Really, Pandora Hearts' pacing is awkward as hell.

fate/kaleid liner prisma illya: 4/10
    Love Lab 4/12
    Dangan Ronpa The Animation 5/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 4/12

I feel really sorry for the 4th wall in Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku. It's like a really old cartoon that was really funny, and it's insanely creative, but the fourth wall has broke too much.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Pandora Hearts: 14/25

I have fleeting fantasies about finishing this series before I hit the hay for the night. I can't really see it happening, but it's worth a try.

Okay, newely updated stuff in bold.

Free! 4/12 (ongoing)

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 21/89+ (ongoing)

Hyperdimension Neptunia 3/??? (ongoing)

Kodomo no Jinkan 2/12 I think there's OVAs, if I get to watching them I'll note that. (I tried watching this years ago and only got to episode 3 or 4 before it creeped me out too much to watch any further despite that I still liked it in a way. Now that I'm older I can handle this show better and see the meaning better [not to say I couldn't before].)

Pokemon Been watching the original from the start and technically starting Unova from the N episodes, the last ones I watched were Clefairy and the Moon Stone, and the Flocessy Ampharos episode.

Sailor Moon [sub] 174/200 Oh man it feels good to get back to my favorite anime. Once I discovered Madoka and some other shows I took a long break from it I was reading the manga but had to stall that too because I have no job to continue buying the volumes, but discovered that my library has nearly every volume so I've been reading the manga from there, and... getting to the point, it pushed me to finally continue watching the anime again. (I just finished vol.4 of the manga)

Tamako Market 1.75/12 (laptop died 3/4 of the way through episode 2, was watching it with a friend) On Hold

Tokyo Mew Mew 44?/52 On Hold I've decided to watch over from the beginning next time I watch this. It's shorter than Sailor Moon so it won't set me back as much by watching it over (I never finished it as seen, but... I have no idea what other term to use), and unlike in Sailor Moon, I don't precisely remember which episode I left off on as well.

Watamote 4/??? (ongoing)

Edit: Re-listening to Dimension Tripper now... I dunno, FUNi's lyrics sound like they might be correct as well, but they mistimed one of the words a bit if so. Either way now I'm even more confused.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Pandora Hearts: 25/25 COMPLETE!

Welp. 4 AM. I pulled it off, but it was so not worth it, and going to be even less so in the morning.

I've been pretty much marathoning FMA today, watching what seems like 12 episodes today. I'll admit, I really didn't enjoy the show all that much during the first half; it felt shallow compared to Brotherhood. But once the plot started taking it's major turns it had me hooked. The slower pacing compared to Brotherhood makes it easier to get emotionally attached to the cahracters that Brotherhood's characters. I've only got Episodes 50 and 51 remaining so i may end up finishing the show today!

Free! - 4/12
    Servant x Service - 4/-
    Silver Spoon - 4/11
    Space Brothers - 67/-
    Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Cł Club - 5/13
    The Eccentric Family - 4/13
    WATAMOTE - 4/12

A Free! free week is a sad week indeed.

Dropping WATAMOTE. It's gotten boring and one-note.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Dropping WATAMOTE. It's gotten boring and one-note.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G 5/-

Yeah easily best thing airing right now, and easily has best mood roller coaster in a long time

open at your own risk
    http://i.minus.com/iBlOQmGCkvxDd.gif

Toaru Majutsu no Index- 12/24

Bought the first half of Railgun on DVD after realising that I didn't like Index enough to spend any more money on the show. Speaking of Index, after seeing how amazing Railgun's depiction of the Sister's arc was it felt really underwhelming in Index. All the cool stuff if happening behind the scenes and Touma's just waiting on the sidelines until he can give Accelerator a moral speech before punching him. Whatever, still better than the Vampire crap.

Decided to watch a few episodes of Railgun dubbed. Wasn't quite as terrible as I remember, but I still hate it. All of Funi's dubs are competently made unlike Sentai's, but it's still pretty clear that the people dubbing it probably didn't even watch the show. In the Strike Witches commentary, two of the VAs literally admitted that they had never actually sat down and watched the show so I'm guessing my intuition isn't far off.

Granted Railgun isn't as terrible a dub as Strike Witches. Misaka's VA is okay even if she can't hold a candle to Satou Rina, Uihara is near perfect and some more insignificant characters sound pretty good. But then we get to Kuroku and Saten. Saten's voice is far too deep and doesn't even remotely fit her personality. I mean sure it's hard to beat Kanae but i's like they're not even trying. Kuroko doesn't sound awful but shes does sound incredibly bland which is definitely not a word to describe Arai's performance.

Not to mention the translation choices. Changing Onee-sama to 'Sissy' and 'Biri Biri' to 'Bug Zapper'

Danganronpa the Animation: 5/13
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 8/50
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 5/13
    Last edited by The Admiral; 2nd August 2013 at 9:28 PM.

The Tatami Galaxy - 5/11
    Video Girl Ai - 2/6
    X-Men - 4/12

Video Girl Ai OVA is pretty cute thus far. I'm most likely going to hunt down the manga afterwards due to how much I've been liking the characters, Ai Amano in particular. She's very spunky, I really like her. I wish I knew who her voice actress is, because she does sound familiar to me. It's not Bulma's voice, but she kinda sounds like her.

*looks her up*

Oh wait, she was Bulma when Ocean Group dubbed it, but rather late into the Dragonball Z series. And she was Madison Taylor for the Cardcaptors dub. That's why she sounded familiar. Nice. She was also Kitty on the X-Men: Evolution cartoon.

Speaking of X-Men, I decided to watch the X-Men anime, and I'm pleased. My brother told me he had gotten it at Wal-Mart without realizing it was an anime until he put it in and wondered why it was all in Japanese (apparently Japanese is the default language on the DVD). He said he liked it, so I figured I'd watch it since we have it on DVD. I'm not a big fan of superheroes and comic books in general like my brothers are, and X-Men is no exception, but I have grown up watching the 90s and 2000s cartoon adaptation of X-Men, so I'm at least familiar with the story. So though I think this is more-or-less just an adaptation on a storyline I know nothing about, if not original, I'm liking it so far. The art's really pretty to look at, and it almost doesn't feel like an anime to me. Madhouse is becoming one of my favorite anime studios more and more now, I haven't been let down from them just yet. Episode four kinda felt a little odd, but it looks like it'll pick right back up soon.

Realized the voice of Hisako Ichiki and Storm is Yukari Tamura and Aya Hisakawa, respectably the voices of Rika Furude, and Haruko Kamio of AIR and Keroberos (small form). I thought that was awesome I recognized their voices. And though I have of yet to watch the dub (didn't feel like watching it dubbed), Steven Blum is the voice of Wolverine. I bet that sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 2nd August 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Blood Lad 4/10
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 4/12
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation 5/13
    Fantasista Doll 4/12
    Free! 4/12
    Gatchaman Crowds 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 4/?
    Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji 5/?
    Gin no Saji 4/11
    High School DxD New 4/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen 4/?
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 4/13
    Kimi no Iru Machi 3/?
    Kiniro Mosaic 4/12
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 4/12
    Love Lab 5/13
    Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist 4/12
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 7/12
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 4/?
    One Piece 606/?
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 4/12
    Rozen Maiden (2013) 5/13
    Senyuu. 2 5/13
    Servant x Service 4/?
    Shingeki no Kyojin 16/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu 5/13
    Teekyuu 2 4/12
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 12/24
    Uchouten Kazoku 4/13

For something based of a really low budget game, Hyperdimension sure has some high production value.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation 4/12
    Naruto: Shippuuden 321/∞
    Kiss x Sis OVA 8/?
    Turning Girls ONA 6/?
    Love Lab 5/13
    Servant x Service 4/13
    Kiniro Mosaic 4/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 3/?
    Teekyuu 2 4/12
    Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan: Eigo de Tatakau Mahou Shoujo - 1/?
    Silver Spoon 1/11

Hishoka Drop The Animation 1/?
    Brandish 2/?
    First Love 3/?
    Unsweet: Netorare Ochita Onna-tachi 1/?
    Namanaka Hyaku Percent! 3/?
    Koutetsu no Majo Annerose 2/?
    Rinkan Club 3/?
    Koiito Kinenbi The Animation 1/?
    Papa Love: Kyonyuubi Shiritsu Musume 2/?
    Chikan no Licence 2/?
    Idol Kouhosei 1/?
    Ane Koi 2/?
    Soushisouai Note The Animation 2/?
    Saimin Jutsu Zero 1/?
    Rin x Sen + Ran -> Sem Cross Mix: Haru Urara, Uragiri to Zetsubou no Kisetsu-hen 1/? -
    M Okui: Last Order 1/?
    Garden 2/?
    Ryou Seibai!: Gakuen Bishoujo Seisai Hiroku 2/?
    Koikishi Purely☆Kiss: The Animation 1/?
    JK to Orc Heidan: Aku Buta Oni ni Ryougyaku Sareta Seijo Gakuen 1/?
    Mesu Saga: Persona 1/?
    Kakushi Dere 2/?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    To be honest. I don't find Watamote great as most people claimed it to be.

The Tatami Galaxy - 7/11
    Video Girl Ai - 2/6
    X-Men - 6/12

Episode six and seven of Tatami Galaxy were awkward to watch xD, but episode six made me giggle a bit. But these were the two episodes that made me realize that sexual imagery was everywhere (though to be honest, I found the position of that one tower so conveniently placed at Jougasaki's crotch to be funny). It's very... weird.

Still liking X-Men. I went ahead to just look up the voice actors and what they did because my brothers asked, and discovered the man who did Beast, Hideyuki Tanaka, voiced Captain Falcon in the F-Zero anime. Freaking majestic.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Page 359 of 559 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast