Page 377 of 531 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 13261

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Aki-Sora - 1/1 Completed
    Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou - 1/4
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - 8/13
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Free! - 6/12
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 17/64
    Highschool DxD New - 8/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 6/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - 8/12
    Rozen Maiden (2013) - 8/13
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 20/25
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu - 5/13
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness (rewatching) - 3/12
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA - 3/4
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 13/24
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 7/12

If I hadn't already read the manga, I would've questioned where the "plot" was in Aki-Sora. (I'm using plot very loosely here)

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    Aki-Sora - 1/1 Completed
    If I hadn't already read the manga, I would've questioned where the "plot" was in Aki-Sora. (I'm using plot very loosely here)
    Same. I actually watched the OVA's first, then read the manga.

Y'know, for the plot.

ALRIGHTY....
    So I took BOTH advises I got, and started BOTH Nichijou and Mirai Nikki... Other stuff is fully up to date and Nyan Koi! is still a very average anime at episode 4... Before I start my "review" of what I have watched so far, I should mention I have watched 1 episode of Nichijou and 6 of Mirai Nikki... so it may be obvious which I prefered over the too.

I'll start with Nichijou 1/26: So I watched the first episode (or episode 0 for some reason it was called). Not being the biggest SOL anime fan (except for GJ-Bu) I was a bit doubtful walking into it. The idea of 26 episodes of no plot kinda scared me (it says on MAL that I finished Lucky Star, but I kinda just lost interest 15 episodes in...) I don't have the attention span to , but I saw a couple scenes on youtube and stuff taken out of context from reddit and it looked good enough for me so I put it on my list. (fast forward a month or so...) Today, I watched it. It was funny, I'll say that. Although it may be too early to say it, I think I might be let down a bit. Everyone here who told me to watch it made it seem you thought the anime was godly, which are some big shoes to fill. Again, I said it was good and it may be too early to be making my assumtions, but I don't know if it will be as godly as you all set it up to be.

Secondly Mirai Nikki 6/26: I started this series not sure what I would be watching (with the whole psychological and thriller genres, but I felt I wanted to watch something other than romcoms with some exceptions, and I thought this would be a good place to start... I mean 95% of my watched has comedy and/or romance in the genre.) Let's start with the OP. I am writing this while listening to blessthefall and letlive, (both post hardcore bands) so of course I loved it. (TBH most OPs I don't really enjoy except for this one and Watamote). As I mentioned previously I am more gravitated to animes with plot, and the first episode got me hooked. I usually don't judge until episode 3, but some animes get me hooked in or completely turn me off 5 mins into it. In this case it is the former (although MC is kinda a wimp like someone mentioned, but I don't care Yuno makes up for it).

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah... I'll probably finish Mirai Nikki quickly and pick at Nichijou slowly but surely while watching other things on the side (I have never put all my anime attention into a SOL anime because I prefer plot over no plot personally GJ-bu is only exception and MAYBE yuruyuri, MAYBE).

I also tried High School DxD... alot of... "plot"... yes... plot... not boobs because that would be ridiculous, right? ...right? I watched 4 episodes and decided that to me the "plot" was a bit excessive while the ACTUAL plot wasn't strong enough for me. The only ecchi anime I have watched either had a good enough plot to keep me in it, or was too funny to drop (Sora no Otoshimono and Boku wa Tomodachi are prime examples.) I sat through more than one episodes because my friend told me this anime was (quote: 'Hilarious' -Friend2013) but I haven't gotten to the 'hilarious' yet. So I decided to drop it for now. MAY pick it up again later, but for now it sits in exile with my other dropped shows.
    Last edited by Zekromaster826; 30th August 2013 at 3:34 AM.

Most Recent Shiny!

MyAnimeList
    3DS FRIEND CODE:4983-5418-8982 | IGN: Colby
    Friend Safari:
    Self Obtained Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Zekromaster826 View Post
    I'll start with Nichijou 1/26: So I watched the first episode (or episode 0 for some reason it was called). Not being the biggest SOL anime fan (except for GJ-Bu) I was a bit doubtful walking into it. The idea of 26 episodes of no plot kinda scared me (it says on MAL that I finished Lucky Star, but I kinda just lost interest 15 episodes in...) I don't have the attention span to , but I saw a couple scenes on youtube and stuff taken out of context from reddit and it looked good enough for me so I put it on my list. (fast forward a month or so...) Today, I watched it. It was funny, I'll say that. Although it may be too early to say it, I think I might be let down a bit. Everyone here who told me to watch it made it seem you thought the anime was godly, which are some big shoes to fill. Again, I said it was good and it may be too early to be making my assumtions, but I don't know if it will be as godly as you all set it up to be.
    One thing to keep in mind. Episode 0 of Nichijou sucks. It's all uphill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekromaster826 View Post

I also tried High School DxD... alot of... "plot"... yes... plot... not boobs because that would be ridiculous, right? ...right? I watched 4 episodes and decided that to me the "plot" was a bit excessive while the ACTUAL plot wasn't strong enough for me. The only ecchi anime I have watched either had a good enough plot to keep me in it, or was too funny to drop (Sora no Otoshimono and Boku wa Tomodachi are prime examples.) I sat through more than one episodes because my friend told me this anime was (quote: 'Hilarious' -Friend2013) but I haven't gotten to the 'hilarious' yet. So I decided to drop it for now. MAY pick it up again later, but for now it sits in exile with my other dropped shows.
    DxD is hilarious to me cause of how Issei reacts. tho i actually enjoyed the actual plot of DxD in the first season but it may differ to people. the ecchiness actually doesnt draw away from the real plot like most ecchi animes do so thats also a plus

I think I can only name like 7 or something on that grid.

But no Karen from X? Okay, okay, to be fair, that's not terribly well-known anymore, I can't really *****.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Can't. Hold. On. Much. Longeeeeeeeer!
    I KNOW RIGHT?!

Little disappointed that only one person watched it, we're talking about Kill la Kill here.

Aria the Animation - 10
    Attack on Titan - 20
    Free! - 7
    Hunter X Hunter - 93
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 8
    Servant x Service - 9
    Silver Spoon - 8

Space Brothers - 70
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 8
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 19
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 8

Both of todays shows were great, kinda sad that they got so overshadowed by Titan and Free! this season.

Oh snap, forgot about Haruko of FLCL. Why the hell is she not on that grid? For shaaaaaaame.

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 7/12
    Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Fighting Foodons - 18/26
    Free! - 8/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou - 8/13
    Kirby of the Stars - 65/100
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - 2/12
    Love Lab - 8/13
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 8/12

Kirbyyyyyyy you're so cute, and yet I'm started to get annoyed that you're the only one I'm watching right now. Is it because I'm that paranoid enough to clean off my computer or what? I should be watching something else, I can only handle so much cuteness in a week.

Ooh, it's the penguin episode next! Okay, Kirby, just one more episode. One. More.

Future report: Kutie Pie would later be found in the downstairs bathroom at approximately 8:06 Mountain Standard Time that evening, draped over the toilet bowl. It's been reported she was found singing to the tune of what was identified as the theme tune to "Hoshii no Kaabii", or "Kirby of the Stars" in a delirious slur. The toxicity in her bloodstream was traced back to that of sugary substance, though there are no signs of injection or ingestion. She has been admitted to a hospice where she is expected to recover.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 30th August 2013 at 4:59 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Looks like crap.
    Seriously though, TRIGGER hype.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

So what i learned from Stella c3-bu is that if u have a SoL airsoft anime made by gainax you can't expect it to be all happy and sunshine. like this anime has just been so dark as of late

It will have a troll ending

I hope they make it better than Gurren Lagann. If they do, I'll be happy
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    I hope they make it better than Gurren Lagann. If they do, I'll be happy
    it won't take much for that to happen

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Gurren Lagann sucks.
    Inb4 Charizard Champion#06

However I don't watch many Mecha's so I don't know how true this statement really is.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

The Big O: 3/26
    Blood Lad: 8/10
    Danganronpa the Animation: 8/13
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: 6/10
    Free!: 8/12
    Gintama: 93/201
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: 10/50
    Rozen Maiden (2013): 7/13

Okay, now that I'm caught up on the only series that matters this season (also Blood Lad and Dangan Ronpa, but I'm not sure why anymore), back to being stuck on a mission in Saints Row IV that I could get through if my idiot friend could just pull herself away from FF14...
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    u wot m8? i swear on me mum ill bash ye fookin ead in
    u better shut ur mouth u cheeky little c*nt i swer to christ i'll hook u in the gabber m8

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    u better shut ur mouth u cheeky little c*nt i swer to christ i'll hook u in the gabber m8
    My Anime List

Brothers conflict. I want half those men -w-
    Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 7/12
    Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Fighting Foodons - 18/26
    Free! - 8/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou - 8/13
    Kirby of the Stars - 70/100
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - 2/12
    Love Lab - 8/13
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 8/12

30 episodes left, but two more before I have no choice but to watch it dubbed. I managed to find a few very late episodes subbed, but that's about it. Not that I'm complaining. I miss Dedede's hick-town voice and Meta Knight's Antonio Banderas impression, honestly.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    it won't take much for that to happen
    Gurren Lagann sucks.
    You. Both of you. I am going to give both of you the rudest of slappings.

With a giant drill.

With a giant drill.
    My Anime List

With a giant drill.
    stay away from me bro

So I just realised there is a show called 'I My Me! Strawberry Eggs' where a man crossdresses to become a teacher at a school run by a hardcore feminist. Did I mention that the man in question is voiced by Crispin Freeman? Because that's kind of important

No but seriously, I'm so watching this show. I've always wanted to see Crispin Freeman voice a trap. And according to the staff section, he's also the ADR Director. Man this is going to be fun

I also think I might start watching GTO soon. English dubbed of course
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 30th August 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Page 377 of 531 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast