Page 379 of 517 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 12901

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

OniAi- 12/12 (COMPLETED)

I've this show on hold since December when I decided to stream a few episodes on my Ipod when I got bored using the shitty WiFi at a Hotel in Vietnam. But now I'm finally done. All in all, it wasn't anything spectacular but for an ecchi incest harem series I can say that I enjoyed it more than most shows of it's genre. Shame it sold like crap. I'd love a second season. Also Anastasia was best girl. I give it a 7/10.

Meanwhile on 4chan's /co/ board during the Eva 2.22 Screening on Toonami, Char Aznable hits on Asuka and Tifanny Grant (Asuka's English VA) personally appears to reject him
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s11lUSxMSH6T

More info here
    http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/53635109/#53635877
    http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/53635109/#53635983

Also, love the Nichijou/SNK crossover. I really have to re watch Nichijou some day. Possibly when I buy the show on DVD. Oh yeah, we can buy Nichijou on DVD over here

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Also, love the Nichijou/SNK crossover. I really have to re watch Nichijou some day. Possibly when I buy the show on DVD. Oh yeah, we can buy Nichijou on DVD over here
    Already done, $110 well spent.

Although I rage daily at the fact they have "Yuki" written on the back of the covers. Please, Madman, get their names right.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Shingeki no Kyojin 21/25
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 9/?
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-Hen 8/12
    Kimi no Iru Machi 7/?
    Danganronpa the Animation 9/13
    Servant x Service 9/?
    Kids on the Slope 12/12

Both Monogatari and Shingeki no Kyojin have been very tense and engaging the last few weeks. I feel like the reveal of the Female Titan's identity is dragging on a bit, though (even if it is seemingly obvious).

I think the ending of Kids on the Slope summarized the series as a whole for me. It had a smashing soundtrack, but the plot certainly had ups and downs (and was a bit mundane at times). It ultimately was not completely satisfying, but definitely enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    That was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post

Although I rage daily at the fact they have "Yuki" written on the back of the covers. Please, Madman, get their names right.
    I've been wanting to buy it since March, but it seems like such a steep price (this is true for pretty much all of Madman's releases, at least initially, mind). I've been loving Universal's prices, though. $40 for both the DVD and Blu-Ray combined of Serial Experiments Lain is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicario View Post
    I've been wanting to buy it since March, but it seems like such a steep price (this is true for pretty much all of Madman's releases, at least initially, mind). I've been loving Universal's prices, though. $40 for both the DVD and Blu-Ray combined of Serial Experiments Lain is superb.
    Got their Haibane Renmei release for $25, was a bargain combined to 99% of other Australian releases.
    My Anime List

It boggles my mind that they could make a mistake like that after it took so long to be released. I really should have bought it when I went to the convention last month. Unfortunately, I was too busy spending $60 on Steins;Gate to not get it signed
    Also this isn't going to affect whether I buy it or not but just out of curiosity do they sub the OP and ED themes?

I've been loving Universal's prices, though. $40 for both the DVD and Blu-Ray combined of Serial Experiments Lain is superb.
    Same here. Although I'm pissed that their awesome prices convinced me to spend $40 on the combo pack of the first season of Shana.

Same here. Although I'm pissed that their awesome prices convinced me to spend $40 on the combo pack of the first season of Shana.
    I spent $30, but otherwise I made the same mistake...
    Of course, they then price Season 2 at $90, for both halves.

Also this isn't going to affect whether I buy it or not but just out of curiosity do they sub the OP and ED themes?
    They are not subbed.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Thought I replied to this, must not have posted it. This is just awesome, Nichijou makes everything better.

EDIT AGAIN:

Holy ****, Miyazaki has retired..... WHY?????????????????????????
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st September 2013 at 3:12 PM.
    My Anime List

Free! - 9/12
    Servant x Service - 9/-
    Silver Spoon - 8/11
    Space Brothers - 71/-
    Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Cł Club - 9/13
    The Eccentric Family - 9/13

I love Space Brothers. I just need to say that from time to time.

He says he's retiring from feature films. So look on the bright side, this could mean he's finally going to do another manga.
    Done here.

EDIT AGAIN:

Ohhh, now he's retired from films? That really sucks 8(, though I guess he deserves to retire. He's had a good run, he's probably living comfortably, so all is well with him. As for Studio Ghibli, while I haven't watched the more recent films after Arrietty, I guess he trusts whoever's running the place now... or something.

Anyhoo, went to Half-Price Books last night, and I found and bought Satoshi Kon: The Illusionist, a book that was published a year before he died. It basically talks about his history, and goes into detail about his works. Needless to say, I am a happy person right now.

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 8/12
    Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Free! - 8/12
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou - 9/13
    Kirby of the Stars - 76/100
    Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - 2/12
    Love Lab - 9/13
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 3/13
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 8/12
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

A Certain Scientific Railgun S - 20/24
    Attack on Titan - 21/25
    Danganronpa: The Animation - 9/13
    Gatchaman Crowds - 3/12

Heartcatch Precure! - 31/49
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 94/?
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 9/26
    Space Brothers - 71/?

Sunday Without God - 8/13
    The Eccentric Family - 8/13
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - 8/12
    WATAMOTE ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!~ - 8/12

Someone recommended Gatchaman Crowds to me. The main character is incredibly self-confident, upbeat, considerate and always right... and I hate her for it. To have a character that perfect in the lead role is a real turn-off for me. No other character really has my attention yet (except the panda, but I don't see much of him). The story may be germinating into something interesting, the art style is cool, and the opening and ending themes are great, but if I can't like the characters, I can't like the show. I'll watch one more episode before deciding whether or not to drop it.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Attack on Titan 21/25 (and more... most likely?)
    Death Note 27/37

Really enjoying both of these anime. AoT episode 21 was insane. Can't wait to see how Death Note ends, should have that done tomorrow. I've only just gotten into anime recently, so I'm open to more suggestions.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Aki-Sora: Yume no Naka - 1/2
    Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou - 1/4
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - 9/13
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 3/12
    Free! - 6/12
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 17/64
    Highschool DxD New - 8/12
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 6/12
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - 8/12
    Rozen Maiden (2013) - 9/13
    Shingeki no Kyojin - 21/25
    Shinryaku! Ika Musume - 1/12
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka Cł-bu - 5/13
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness (rewatching) - 3/12
    To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA - 3/4
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 13/24
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - 7/12

Squid Girl is kinda, umm, yeah. It's... yeah.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Aria the Animation - 10
    Attack on Titan - 21
    Free! - 8
    Hunter X Hunter - 94
    Monogatari Series Second Season - 9

Servant x Service - 9
    Silver Spoon - 8
    Space Brothers - 71
    The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc - 8
    To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 20
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 8

Miyazaki retired? Wow.

I'm planning on watching Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time later tonight (Nothing to do with Miyazaki retiring by the way, I just felt like watching it). While Ghibli Movies are generally very good when it comes to English dubs, I've heard some bad things about Disney's localisation of this one in particular (The dub was made in 98, go figure) so I'm going to watch it subbed. Sure it has a teenage Kirsten Dunst and Troy McClure but I don't think I've ever watched a good dub that pre-dates Bebop

I'm planning on watching Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time later tonight (Nothing to do with Miyazaki retiring by the way, I just felt like watching it). While Ghibli Movies are generally very good when it comes to English dubs, I've heard some bad things about Disney's localisation of this one in particular (The dub was made in 98, go figure) so I'm going to watch it subbed. Sure it has a teenage Kirsten Dunst and Troy McClure but I don't think I've ever watched a good dub that pre-dates Bebop
    I didn't mind this dub. If anything, at some point watch the dub for Phil Hartman as Jiji, and Janeane Garofalo as Ursula. Oh, and Tress MacNeille is Osono. I literally just found out that was her.

Dark Cat
    Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Free! - 8/12
    Kirby of the Stars - 79/100
    Love Lab - 9/13
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 3/13
    Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san OVA

Dark Cat was bad, and is obscure for a reason. The story can't stay consistent, and the dubbed voices are just bland to the point you laugh at it at times.

Since I've caught up to what I could find, Kirby of the Stars will have to go back on hold for a while again. I'm sad about it, but I basically have to wait it out for a long time until episode 92 is available in some way. (I found episodes 93-up somehow, so they're stashed away on my computer.)
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Guilty Crown- 8/22 (Re-watching)

Yes! If you want to fire missiles in a different direction all you've got to do is tip the truck with the missile launchers on its side! The only logical conclusion is that the missiles will fire sideways. This plan is foolproof! Nothing could possibly go wrong.

I have so much ironic love for this show. Re-watching it with the dub is a joy. Although I still prefer the sub version. Not that there's anything wrong with the dub, but the cast is mostly nobodies and not much about it really stands out except for Alexis Tipton who's fantastic as Inori. Which is a shame given the all star cast in the Japanese was one of the few genuinely good things about the show.

Also since the download is taking ages I'm going to have to postpone watching Kiki until tomorrow. Although that's probably a good thing considering I should be studying for my exams right now

Finished Rainbow, Claymore and Btooom in the last month.
    Rainbow was an emotional masterpiece. They should make more anime like this, with a unique concept and a realistic plot.
    Claymore was 'meh'. The story had a good way to go, but the Super Saiyan-like transformations in the end ruined it for me.
    Btooom was fun. The opening is catchy and the concept, though not quite original, was displayed nicely.

Started watching Monster now. I was half-done with the manga ages ago and I already know just what kind of a masterpiece this series is.
    Expecting to see some awesome ending.

Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Free! - 8/12
    Garzey's Wing - 3/3 - COMPLETE
    Love Lab - 9/13
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 10/13

My brothers and I are insane enough to watch Garzey's Wing, but one of them has to go somewhere at the moment, so the third episode's going to have to wait. But dear God does it live up to its infamy. I don't know how to explain it except that the dubbing is atrociously hilarious (it sounds like they're shouting at each other from across the room 99% of the time), and the story's making little to no sense. It keeps jumping around and never explains itself. I also swear that it's making things up as it goes along, and because of the dialogue just being all over the place, I can't make sense of what they're talking about. It's just such a mess, yet I can't look away. "I MUST SOMEHOW MAKE SENSE OF OUR CONVOLUTED SITUATION!" indeed.

To think the creator of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino, made this.

On the other end of the spectrum, Mysterious Girlfriend X is still making me very, very happy. I'm just so in love with it...

EDIT: Finished Garzey's Wing. Still very bad, but I burst out laughing at the end with the flying motorcycle.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 2nd September 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    I survived Pupa.

Man i wish they waited for more of the Blood Lad manga to be published before making the anime. the last episode is going to be meh probably cause there still alot i wanna see haha

Death Note 37/37 - COMPLETE!

Man, that last episode. I almost cried; it was so sad. :C AoT is only updated once a week and aside from that, I'm not currently watching anything. I have a few options.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Shingeki no Kyojin 21/25
    Monogatari Series: Second Season 9/?
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-Hen 9/12
    Kimi no Iru Machi 8/?

Danganronpa the Animation 9/13
    Servant x Service 9/?

I knew that it was coming (in TWGOK), but that was still difficult to watch...

Attack on Titan 8/20+? (ongoing)
    Free! 8/12 (ongoing)
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) 25/93?+ (ongoing)
    Hyperdimension Neptunia 8/??? (ongoing)
    Kodomo no Jinkan 2/12
    Pokémon
    Sailor Moon [sub] 200/200 Completed I know a lot of people do, and some thinks it's silly but... just, it's one of my favorite anime. Heck, I would say it is my favorite anime. I mean don't get me wrong, Pokemon was a big part of my childhood and still is one of my favorite shows but I'm hard-pressed between which one I like better. I'm sentimental that it's over now though, but it was a great series. I loved it, and I love it. Here's to seeing what kind of season you get this winter, Sailor Moon.
    Did I mention it took me almost exactly 4 years to finish it?
    Tamako Market 2/12
    Tokyo Mew Mew 4/52
    Watamote: I forgot what episode I was at when I editing this and originally forgot to inlude it. I might fix it later.

I'm happy I got to watch a lot of anime this summer, at least a good amount, and got to finish my favorite series before class starts again (it's tomorrow now, but I finished Sailor Moon 2 days before class starts roughly).

(Also someone let me know if I can't use that size font, I forget.)

Edit: Junjou Romantica COMPLETED Okay, I forgot to add this since I already finished it many many months ago really. However I only got to watching the OVA recently, so now I can say I'm truly done. However I think it's been confirmed that there will be another OVA or another season a this point so I may have to bring this up again in the future on my list.
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 9th September 2013 at 9:37 PM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

I knew that it was coming (in TWGOK), but that was still difficult to watch...
    pretty much the same for me but atleast its over and now on to the best conquest! ayumi's!

Fantasista Doll - 1/12
    Free! - 8/12
    Love Lab - 9/13
    Mysterious Girlfriend X - 13/13 - COMPLETE (plus OVA)

I wouldn't mind a second season of Mysterious Girlfriend X. It actually would make sense as one: the manga is still on-going, and two: more things happen later on that I would love to see animated and help continue their story in the anime. I believe episode 13 was made up specifically for the anime, but I still liked what they did. The OVA was cute as well, though the two one-shot characters made me go "Wait, this isn't your story".

I'd like to rewatch it again in the future, but for now, I'm happy I saw it, though I'm curious about what the dub's like. I doubt it'll ruin the anime for me, but if it turns out to be "meh", if I ever decide to pick it up (it's only on Blu-Ray :|, crap...), the subtitles will be there. Of course, this is an anime I wouldn't be showing to my mom or my brothers... Mom for a few different reasons (the drool would turn her off faster than anything else would). But I'd still like to have the anime on my shelf in the future much like I want the manga on my shelf in the future if it ever gets distributed out here.

Sucks classes start again tomorrow. Still, wonder what I should watch next...
    I survived Pupa.

Page 379 of 517 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast