Page 432 of 526 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 13128

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Just started watching Log Horizon...same concept as SAO except it's much more focused on the game whereas SAO had Kirito big pimpin all the chicks in Aincrad.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Baka and Test Season Two- 2/13

Well, I decided to wait until I bought the Blu-ray before I watched Season Two and now that time has come. I can't believe forgot how funny this show was. The English dub has just the right balance of juvenile language and normal speech for the dialogue to come off as comedic instead of annoying even if they don't quite fully grasp what a real teenager sounds like. Though I have tried I can't watch Baka and Test without the English dub. Sure it takes some liberties but the comic delivery definitely benefits from it.

Also just a random thought but why is Hideyoshi so much cuter than his sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I still click on these links even though I'm inevitably going to be told to go **** myself by funimation and their region kicked videos. Don't even know why I try really, it's not like I'm going to like what I hear.
    I used a proxy so I could watch the video. The VAs are kind of hit and miss but it's too early to judge. But what I can say is that it's a horrible trailer. Awful electronic music, flashing seizure inducing colours, the #howguiltyareyou hashtag and THE HUGE ****ING SPOILER OF THE BIGGEST UROBUTCHER PLOT TWIST IN THE SERIES.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    and even puella magi was classify as adults but the show itself doesn't show off ecchi, fanservice,sex,drugs. i'm sure only a person who haven't watched a single anime would do this kind of error.
    Those sort of shows would fall under the 'manchildren' category. They've got mature content so they're not for kids but most reasonable adults would probably detest them regardless of quality

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Just started watching Log Horizon...same concept as SAO except it's much more focused on the game whereas SAO had Kirito big pimpin all the chicks in Aincrad.
    When you put it like that, SAO sounds way better.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    Also just a random thought but why is Hideyoshi so much cuter than his sister?
    To make you question your sexuality.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Baka and Test Season 2- 4/13

Kubo's closet homosexuality never fails to crack me up. The English dub is even better than I remember. In the credits it says that the ADR Director is Colleen Clinkenbeard who also directed the dubs for Guilty Crown, Steins;Gate, Fullmetal Alchemist and Black Butler which are all easily among Funimation's best work and I don't know of any notably bad English dubs she's been behind.

Though looking at her credits I'm in disbelief that they wasted such a good Director on Highschool DxD. I've only seen the show subbed and I don't want to waste hard drive space downloading a dual audio torrent (Let alone waste $60 on the Blu-ray) but from what I've heard it's a far better dub than the show ever deserved. Meanwhile half of my favourite anime have gotten or will get the Sentai Filmworks treatment or not ever be dubbed at all.

To make you question your sexuality.
    Good point. Although we've already established from the swimsuit episode that there's no hidden bulge so I guess it's okay. I refuse to believe that Hideyoshi isn't a girl
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 22nd December 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Hideyoshi is actually a unique gender, neither make or female. Didn't they make that joke in season 1? Might be in 2.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

blazblue: alter memory 4/12
    galileo donna 11/11 || COMPLETED
    gingitsune 10/12
    golden time 11/24
    kill la kill 6/25
    kyousou giga 1/10
    little busters! ~refrain~ 11/13
    log horizon 5/25
    meganebu! 11/12
    miss monochrome 12/13
    nagi no asukara 2/26
    naruto: shippuuden 342/-
    non non biyori 11/12
    one piece 605/-
    the world god only knows II 6/12

Baka and Test Season 2- 6/13

While the jokes are still funny and the dub hasn't faltered in quality, this whole peeping tom subplot is making me feel a bit uncomfortable and the MC abuse is getting a little old. There are boundaries for how far you can push an inappropriate joke before it distracts you from what's happening on screen and it seems as if they've all but crossed that line.

Hideyoshi is actually a unique gender, neither make or female. Didn't they make that joke in season 1? Might be in 2.
    Actually now that I think about it, they made that joke multiple times in both seasons. Although the one thing that remains constant in all of them is that he is certainly not a boy.

Monogatari Series: Second Season 25/26
    Kyoukai no Kanata 13/13
    Kill la Kill 12/25

Kill la Kill and Monogatari were both great this week.
    KnK ultimately just left me incredibly apathetic towards the series.

Space Dandy Toonami trailer previews English dub

This time it's not even region locked. Without the comparison of the Japanese version, it sounds great. Then again, there's no reason for me to watch it in Japanese anyway seeing as the dub is being produced at the same time. Madman hinted that they might even put the show on TV in Australia which I think would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadmemberRitsu View Post
    When you put it like that, SAO sounds way better.
    Hah, well there are plenty of harsh reviews of SAO out there, most of which ignominiously dub it the 'Twilight for boys'. That being said, the the show had high entertainment value so I still enjoyed it (although the second half really was awful), but the entire idea of being stuck in a game and how ones incorporates oneself into such gamescape sort of slipped away which is what Log Horizon, at least from the first five episodes, seems to be placing greater emphasis on. But seriously, Kirito truly was an illogically (not to mention game-breaking) overpowered Gary Stu.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Baka and Test Season 2- 8/13

Wow, Minami's backstory more than made up for the overlong peeping tom subplot. Drama has never been the show's strong suit but somehow they managed to bring out all the right emotions.

This is also a time where I'm thankful that the English dub wasn't afraid to take some liberties (Or 'tarnish the purity of the original script' as some might put it). Sure there are some cases where they go a bit too far (JELLY DONUTS) but I shouldn't have to know Japanese or have seen the original to understand the jokes. I mean, isn't the point of translating things for an English speaking audience to actually translate them into English?

On a side note, I hope I get to hear more German Minami.
    Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu; 22nd December 2013 at 2:32 PM.

gingitsune 12/12 || COMPLETED
    golden time 11/24
    kill la kill 6/25
    kyousou giga 1/10
    log horizon 9/25
    meganebu! 12/12 || COMPLETED
    miss monochrome 12/13
    nagi no asukara 2/26
    non non biyori 11/12
    one piece 614/-
    the world god only knows II 6/12

Kimagure Orange Road 24/48
    Urusei Yatsura 16/197
    Maison Ikkoku 36/96
    Magic Users Club (OVA) 6/6
    Magic Users Club (TV) 7/13

Magic Users Club OVA was great, the TV series is even better. Good twist on the typical magical girl anime.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Ace of Diamond - 12/?
    Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 11/12
    Asobi ni Iku yo! - 8/12
    Bleach 42/366
    COPPELION - 12/13
    Free! Specials - 2/7
    Gingitsune - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Golden Time - 12/24
    Kill la Kill - 12/25
    Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 11/12
    Meganebu! - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Miss Monochrome - 12/13
    Nagi no Asukara - 12/26
    Non Non Biyori - 11/12
    Pokémon - 27/276
    RDG: Red Data Girl - 1/12
    Samurai Flamenco - 11/22
    Scrapped Princess - 7/24
    Yowamushi Pedal - 11/38
    Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 10/13

Gingitsune was a nice anime, very sweet and quiet. First half I thought was really good, and then everything settled down and it wasn't as fun. Still, I hope there'll be a second season. Meganebu!, meanehilw, was bad. I'm so happy that it's over and done with so I won't have to look at it again.

During a good part of Ace of Diamond, Dad came in wondering what I was watching, and when I told him it was a baseball anime, he took a closer look like he couldn't believe what he was hearing xD. Yeah, not a sports person, but I'm really enjoying it. I'll be happy to buy it whenever it's distributed out here.

And while Golden Time is great, Koko really is starting to bother me. She knows she's being a really clingy, annoying person, so why isn't she trying harder to not be like that? Banri has the patience of a saint for putting up with her. Hopefully she'll get better as a character, because I swear she's like a grown-up Taiga if she was more girly and romantic.

And all the feels in Nagi no Asukara. All of them.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    And while Golden Time is great, Koko really is starting to bother me. She knows she's being a really clingy, annoying person, so why isn't she trying harder to not be like that?
    I think she's trying extremely hard, but it's one thing to say you want to change, and another thing entirely to actually do it. I would find her behaviour annoying for sure, but Banri doesn't, and until he does, I don't think she will stop being clingy.

Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods - 12/12
    Golden Time - 12/24
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 109/?
    Kill la Kill - 12/24
    Little Busters!: Refrain - 12/13
    Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed - 5/12
    Space Brothers - 87/?

Gingitsune was an aimless, relaxing show to watch. There was no real hook to make me feel I had to watch the next episode, but it was a nice change of pace from many other anime. Episodes often felt fairly empty, though; maybe there needed to be more conflict to let the characters grow. And I wanted an episode that focused on Tatsuo, because I really liked him!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I think she's trying extremely hard, but it's one thing to say you want to change, and another thing entirely to actually do it. I would find her behaviour annoying for sure, but Banri doesn't, and until he does, I don't think she will stop being clingy.
    Yeah, true. She's from a rich family, she's probably almost always gotten what she wanted. There's also the chance that this is her first time really being in a relationship, so she's at a loss. And I think Banri may be getting second thoughts, but he's too nice of a guy to tell her. Still, hopefully she'll overcome this obsession and let him and herself breathe.

Ace of Diamond - 12/?
    Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 11/12
    Asobi ni Iku yo! - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Bleach 42/366
    COPPELION - 12/13
    Double Circle - 1/?
    Free! Specials - 2/7
    Golden Time - 12/24
    Kill la Kill - 12/25
    Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 11/12
    Miss Monochrome - 12/13
    Nagi no Asukara - 12/26
    Non Non Biyori - 11/12
    Pokémon - 27/276
    Pupipo! - 1/?
    Samurai Flamenco - 11/22
    Scrapped Princess - 7/24
    Yowamushi Pedal - 11/38
    Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 11/13

Asobi ni Iku yo! wasn't too bad, but nothing of real interest happened until the final few episodes. Kinda a bit forgettable, honestly.

Watching Double Circle because it's going to be six minutes per episode. Pupipo! looks cute, the first episode did a nice job of setting everything up.

Suddenly, Yozakura Quartet got dark and interesting. Though from what I've seen, looks like the rest of the subs will need to be picked up by another group because (unless the guy's not serious-serious about it) the fansub that was doing it are disbanding because someone decided to outgrow anime about two weeks after a tragedy in the group. So... yeah. The raw for episode 12 is up, but it's not like Koroshiya-san where the subs were taking forever to come out and it wasn't that great of an anime anyway. I dunno, I'm not freaking out over it like some other people were on the blog.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Attack on Titan Picture Drama 2/-
    Fairy Tail 151/175
    Little Busters! ~Refrain~ 12/13
    Sword Art Online: Sword Art Offline 5/9
    Zetsuen no Tempest 9/24

Afro Samurai: Resurrection - 1/1

Spoiler:- Verdict:

Next: Fooly Cooly

Fooly Cooly - 6/6

Spoiler:- Verdict:

Next: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    Last edited by Green Blockhead; 23rd December 2013 at 7:53 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

One Piece 626/?
    Naruto: Shippuuden 334/∞
    Kiss x Sis OVA 10/?
    Yuyushiki: Nyanyashiki 6/6 COMPLETE
    Kyoukai no Kanata 12/12 COMPLETE
    Coppelion 12/13
    Non Non Byori 11/12
    Teekyuu 3 12/12 Complete
    Miss Monochrome 12/13
    Nagi no Asukara 12/26

Tesagure! Bukatsumono 2/12 On-hold until it's subbed
    Little Busters!: Refrain 12/13
    Kill la Kill 12/24
    Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen - COMPLETE
    Pokemon: The Origin 4/4 COMPLETE
    Aria the Animation 13/13 Complete
    Aria the Natural 20/26
    To Love-ru Darkness OVA 4/4 Complete

Thought Kill la Kill was gonna have 13 episodes. Oh well, more is always welcome hehe

golden time 11/24
    kill la kill 6/25
    kyousou giga 1/10
    log horizon 9/25
    miss monochrome 12/13
    nagi no asukara 2/26
    non non biyori 11/12
    one piece 626/-
    the world god only knows II 8/12

caught up to one piece again ):

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Thought Kill la Kill was gonna have 13 episodes. Oh well, more is always welcome hehe
    I thought Little Busters!: Refrain still has another season. Does it not?

They're going to adapt the EX routes but those are OVA from what I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Freaking sucks it's not fully subbed so I wouldn't have had to put up with the dub,
    But this is the only way to watch Kirby.

Sasami-san 01 (On the edge of dropping)
    Busou Shinki - Dropped harder than Inferno Cop

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    But this is the only way to watch Kirby.
    I still preferred the subs. King Dedede and Escargoon are just as silly in the original as in the dub, and I love both of the voices, so I dunno. I just would've liked to have watched the final episodes subbed.

Ace of Diamond - 12/?
    Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Bleach 42/366
    COPPELION - 12/13
    Double Circle - 1/?
    Free! Specials - 2/7
    Golden Time - 12/24
    Kill la Kill - 12/25
    Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Miss Monochrome - 12/13
    Nagi no Asukara - 12/26
    Non Non Biyori - 12/12 - COMPLETE
    Pokémon - 27/276
    Pupipo! - 1/?
    Samurai Flamenco - 11/22
    Scrapped Princess - 7/24
    Yowamushi Pedal - 11/38
    Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 11/13

I'm going to miss Non Non Biyori a lot, it was a sweet, calming anime. Machine-Doll I am glad to be done with. I'm sure the fans understood it fine, but as someone who never knew the original source, I found the story and pacing awful. I had no idea what was going on, I felt like things were missing or skipped out on which added to the confusion, there were too many characters being introduced so suddenly and they were as flat as paper, and Yaya just got more irritating as time went on to the point I wanted to strangle her and tell her to shut the hell up about Raishin "cheating" on her. It was cute at first, but you were supposed to grow as a character, not become a brat. Sad part is, the first few episodes weren't so bad, I actually was able to follow it fine until something happened whatever it was, I can't remember.

Good riddance.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova, in the meantime, was a surprisingly good anime, I really enjoyed it. The climatic battle was awesome to watch, they really pulled it off. It being a CGI show paid off, I really doubt a lot of what went on would've looked as well as it did in 2D, because at least the 3D blended in with the 2D "look". Wasn't jarring in the least. The characters were also their own individual, I can't recall the last anime that had pretty much the whole cast be themselves. I will be very happy for a second season if they do it.
    I survived Pupa.

golden time 11/24
    kill la kill 6/25
    kyousou giga 1/10
    log horizon 9/25
    mirai nikki 5/26
    miss monochrome 12/13
    nagi no asukara 2/26
    naruto: shippuuden 343/-
    non non biyori 12/12 || COMPLETED
    one piece 626/-
    the world god only knows II 8/12

don't really know what to watch with my boyfriend now that he's made watch the big three, so we're watching mirai nikki for the time being. we'll probably watch steins;gate for new years and then sao sometime later.

Page 432 of 526 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482 ... LastLast