Page 82 of 511 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 12760

Thread: What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Bakuman 2 - 3
    Bleach - 343
    Death Note (Again) - 21
    Fate/Zero - 2
    Future Diary - 1
    Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 3

Mawaru Penguindrum - 14
    Persona 4 The Animation - 2
    Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 3
    Trigun (Again) - 20

As a Canadian I was laughing my *** off at Bakuman's "snowstorm". Funny stuff.

I finished season one of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's today. I'm going to finish Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and School Rumble before I start season two of 5D's. I should be able to do that this week.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

I finished re-watching Rurouni Kenshin the other day, my favorite anime of all time although I was tempted to stop at the Kyoto arc after the battle with Shishio because I consider that to be the highest point in the series. And I applaud Makaveli766 for watching Baccano, that is an incredible anime everyone should check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 3/?
    Chihayafuru - 3/25
    Future Diary - 2/26
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 13/25

Ah, Code Geass is proving to be a good watch. Most recent episodes I've seen have had far too much Shirley in them, though. The little idiot really isn't an appealing character. I mean, the 'hero' is such a Magnificient Bastard that everyone else could suck and it would still be a good show, but still. Shirley. Grrr. I hope she just gets killed in a crossfire or something now as her just punishment for blundering onto a battlefield like complete and utter fool.

So anyway, current shows. Hunter X Hunter was just character introductions, really. The only notable things were dem flower petals (which I'm letting go for now, as it seems like something Hisoka might do (although I don't see how he actually could) and if recall correctly we'll be seeing where the show truly stands with respect to violence pretty soon) and Satotz's supreme swag.

Chihayafuru was as relaxing as usual. I liked their karuta teacher. He was a boss. Anyway, looks like we've now reached the end of the super-long flashback and we'll be returning to present day and one step closer to discovering just how inevitably smexy Arata grew up to become. And, also as usual, SO. DAMN. PRETTY. Save a little of that budget for Hunter X Hunter, will you, Madhouse (give it better music, perhaps)?

And Future Diary continues to be heaps and heaps of fun! Gothic-styled terrorists? Cool cops? Yandere power in action? What more could you possibly want? And this is just the second episode!
    Done here.

Bakuman 2 - 3
    Bleach - 344
    Death Note (Again) - 21
    Fate/Zero - 3
    Future Diary - 2

Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 3
    Mawaru Penguindrum - 14
    Persona 4 The Animation - 2
    Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 4
    Trigun (Again) - 20
    Trigun Badlands Rumble (IN ENGLISH) - COMPLETE

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Trigun Badlands Rumble (IN ENGLISH) - COMPLETE
    What was your view on it?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

The World God Only Knows - 5/12
    Deadman Wonderland - 5/12
    Tiger & Bunny - 6/25
    Steins;Gate - 4/24
    When the Seagulls Cry - 10/26
    Squid Girl (Season 2) - 4/12
    Chihayafuru - 3/25
    Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - 2/25
    Ben-To - 2/12
    Un-Go - 1/11

This is the first time I've really tried to engage in a whole season of anime, and I'm struggling to separate the wheat from the chaff. I don't have much of an opinion on Un-Go yet, Ben-To is something I might drop (but at least it's better than Phi Brain) and I'll probably try Future Diary when it eventually gets put up by Anime on Demand. I'm sticking with Squid Girl because I liked the first season, and I'm clinging to the hope that this season will improve. Chihayafuru is the only series I've really gotten into so far this season.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I've started to watch the Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime because I have no idea what is happening in the manga anymore.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    What was your view on it?
    Well, I'd already seen it in theatres back in June, but that was subbed. The dub was well done but nothing beats the 90s. Meryl, Millie and Wolfwood are done well enough, but to me they just sound wrong. It's like watching the new Pokemon dubs. Johnny Yong Bosch's Vash sounds a little off too. It's probably because it's been over 10 years since he took Vash as his first role. At some points I'd be hearing Vash speak, but something like Izaya's (from DRRR!) voice would come out, and it'd feel a little weird. Bosch's performance as Vash wasn't perfect in the 90's (like some yelling scenes, for example) but it's that exact tone that he used that defined that character for me. So his movie's performance seems weird. Colleen Clinkenbeard and John Swasey did great as the movie-original characters though.

A couple of shows whose episode numbers I've already lost track of.

Except K-On! as I just finished the eleventh episode. The next DVD set is due out in November sadly and I don't wish to watch it subbed.

So yeah:
    K-On! - 11
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - 1
    Durarara!! - 16
    Bakugan
    Bleach
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Tai-Chi Chasers
    Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
    Pokémon

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Well, I'd already seen it in theatres back in June, but that was subbed. The dub was well done but nothing beats the 90s. Meryl, Millie and Wolfwood are done well enough, but to me they just sound wrong. It's like watching the new Pokemon dubs. Johnny Yong Bosch's Vash sounds a little off too. It's probably because it's been over 10 years since he took Vash as his first role. At some points I'd be hearing Vash speak, but something like Izaya's (from DRRR!) voice would come out, and it'd feel a little weird. Bosch's performance as Vash wasn't perfect in the 90's (like some yelling scenes, for example) but it's that exact tone that he used that defined that character for me. So his movie's performance seems weird. Colleen Clinkenbeard and John Swasey did great as the movie-original characters though.
    Mmm...okay then, still of my radar and I'll continue praying for a Trigun Maximum OVA with the original dub cast.

Anyways, I haven't been watching much anime lately but I have been watching a lot of anime reviews...and nothing has sparked my interest yet.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm watching Code Geass.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2mybtrp.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credits :

I'm watching Amagami SS :3

*Credits to rge for the banner*

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2cndpf.gif[/IMG]

TheAscension's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com
    /TheAscensionClan

madmarine0's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/atorchicc

pokemon Black FC: 5114 3255 5218
    Wifi Battles Wins/Losses: 130 wins, 18 losses, 2 draws
    Win Ratio: 87.84%
    Roulette Frontier Brain of the Ascension League
    Battle Record: 0 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws
    Win Ratio: 0.00%
    Number of EV'd pokemon: 302

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/madmarine0

Just watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira.

I'm going to start off by saying I'm a big fan of the series. It was surprisingly deep once you got into the second season, and I think its concept is unlike any I've ever seen. The art was great, the voices were great, and the stark contrast it employs between the beginning and end of every arc is phenomenal.

Kira blows.

It blows a lot.

And I've only seen two episodes, so that's pretty incredible.

Kira begins with Keichii sitting in his classroom, crying about the penalty games inflicted on him. So the doctor, photographer, and police man jump down through the ceiling and begin telling him what penalty games he should use on his classmates. What follows is about fifteen minutes of disturbing cheesecake about all the characters, including     Spoiler:- don't look, kids:
    Then it switches to Satoshi spoon-feeding Keichii yogurt while they both wear maid costumes as a penalty game the girls use. Finally it ends the same way the first arc does - Keichii killing himself by scratching his throat. Which has no effect on the viewer because the rest of it was so freaking stupid.

I had to skip some of it, it was so bad. But I held hope it would just be one filler episode before the actual stuff starts.

Dead wrong!

The next episode featured Rika and Satoko travelling to another dimension where Rika is a magical girl and she has to fight some evil magic power or something. And by a "magical girl", I mean she has a freaking wand and cat ears and everything. I kid you not. It was like reading horrible fanfiction, except the technical aspects of the fanfiction had a budget behind it.

It has the same voice actors, who do as best a job as they can. It has art that's actually improved from the previous incarnations. But the plot is just so terrible and so asinine that it was impossible to enjoy. I don't think the writers know why people enjoyed Higurashi in the first place. It wasn't for the big-eyed cartoon chicks, it was for all the reasons I listed previously, a great show that stood out from the crowd.

Wow, that was a rant. Well, I'm done, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, right, and the intro was unbelievably bad. I liked the first two season's, the third's was alright, but now it's some annoying, high pitched J-Pop. Good lord..

I dropped Kira after ten minutes. I'm never going back. Hell, I never even fully watched Rei. Rei was just a fanservice game-turned-Anime, and Kira is just plain fanservice, so there's no need for Rei or Kira. Kai ended the story spectacularly. I don't really know why people consider Rei to be a third season when IMO it's not even canon. Some of the stories were simply ridiculous.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 22nd October 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Pokemon Best Wishes 50/-
    Gintama' 29/-
    SKET Dance 29/-
    Lucky Star 16/24
    The iDOLM@ASTER 15/25
    Mawaru Penguindrum 15/24
    Fate/Zero 4/13
    Bakuman 2 4/25
    Working'!! 4/-
    Persona 4 The Animation 3/-
    Cł 3/-
    Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 3/13
    Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers 3/12
    Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 3/-
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 3/-
    Kimi to Boku. 3/13
    Shakugan no Shana III (Final) 2/24
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira 2/4
    Guilty Crown Airing 2/22
    UN-GO 2/11
    Mirai Nikki Airing 2/26
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OVA 1/2

My favorite so far is Guilty Crown. I recommend you people watch it. The art and music is simply flawless.

I won't drop Kira. C'mon it's one episode every two months. Yeh, it's bad...but it still has 'Higurashi' in the title. I kinda like the ending...

"That's why, at this very moment, in the interval of a second,
    I wish to cross the world lines and protect your smile..."

Spoiler:- :

Black FC: 3568 - 3746 - 1976

Saturday Morning: BeyBlade: Metal Masters, Pokemon: Black & White, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, DragonBall Z Kai (x2), Tai Chi Chasers (not an anime, but...)

Saturday Night: Bleach, Durarara!

DVDs: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Complete Set

Streaming: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (ep.1-5)

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS XL) and Destiny (X-Box 360 S)

i just finished rozen maiden traumend. the ending wasnt really what i was expecting though.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Bakuman 2 - 4
    Bleach - 344
    Death Note (Again) - 21
    Fate/Zero - 3
    Future Diary - 3
    Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 4
    Mawaru Penguindrum - 15
    Persona 4 The Animation - 3

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - 4
    Trigun (Again) - 20

Just finished Fmp the Second Raid for the fourth time. Now time for some fummophu.

Currently watching:

S2 Bakuman
    Hunter x Hunter 2011
    Fate/Zero
    One Piece
    Toriko
    Fairy Tail
    White Friend-Code: 3525-4894-9456

[img]http://i56.*******.com/34e2elw.gif[/img]

okay, im watching up ga-rei zero right now...i wouldnt say im lost, but im a little confused.
    ga-rei zero is the anime prequel to ga-rei the anime-less manga, right? but ga-rei isn't available in english anywhere(cept online, of course). since its a prequel, i dont think i have to read ga-rei to know whats going on, but it might help a little.

but the reason im confused is: why is the anime prequel in available in english before the actual manga itself is translated? isnt that backward?

ugh, i feel dumb for asking..

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Angel Beats 5/13
    Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 3/-
    C3 4/-
    Appleseed XIII 2/13
    Beelzebub 39/-
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 26/26 (Rewatching) - Complete
    Morita-san wa Mukuchi second season 1/13
    Naruto: Shippuuden 233/-
    Pokemon Best Wishes! 53/-
    Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 4/-
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 3/- this show is just fun to watch
    The iDOLM@STER 16/26
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai 2 3/12

Mirai Nikki 3/- I freaking love this show!!!
    Toradora! 25/25 - Complete
    Guilty Crown 2/-
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 26th October 2011 at 5:49 AM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Right now I'm watching, Saber Marionette J episode 2, I liked episode 1 so will see how things go from here outXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Watching:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - 4/?
    Chihayafuru - 4/25
    Future Diary - 3/26
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 19/25
    [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - 1/11

[C] happened because me and a friend were messing around on an anime site and were amused that [C] was listed under '[' in the A-Z. So, being bored, we watched it. And, despite making me distrustful of cash machines, it was pretty good, so I'll probably watch the rest of it.
    Done here.

Page 82 of 511 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast