Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Promoting Healthy Tangrowth (602)

Episode was okay but nothing great, first time seeing Tangrowth was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

This episode was good. It was cool to see a Tangrowth as well as Absorb. The use of Tangrowth for Giovanni was hilarious. It was also cool to see Growth. Glad Mamoswine learned a new move in Hidden Power.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Tangrowth made what would've been a pretty boring episode, actually pretty good in my opinion. It had me chuckling every time it waved goodbye.

This was a pretty funny episode. :P I loved it when Mamoswine was running after Pikechu and Piplup after laughing at his attempt to do a Contest move. Classic. XP

And then Ursaring suprising Dawn was hilarious as well. Silly Dawn for mistaking Ursaring for Mamoswine. Had a hunch after noticing it's tail. :P

Definitely had some good laughs. Tangrowth wasn't so bad, but yeah, Absorb was quite interesting.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So the attack was absorb. They made it seem so powerful. It should have done little damage to Grotle. I can't tell the last time Ash talked to Pikachu so seriously.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

this was a really funny one. i saw mamoswine behind the bush at first, then when i saw it again i was like, uh oh o.O. i loved pikachu and piplups laugh. i prlly wouldve done it too though
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

So um, this week in pokemon, Spinning top mamoo, the nicest pokemon ever and annual TR appearence, blast off again, cliche cliche cliche.

The episode was pretty hilarious when Piplup and Pikachu was laughing at Mamoswine.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    This was a pretty funny episode. :P I loved it when Mamoswine was running after Pikechu and Piplup after laughing at his attempt to do a Contest move. Classic. XP

And then Ursaring suprising Dawn was hilarious as well. Silly Dawn for mistaking Ursaring for Mamoswine. Had a hunch after noticing it's tail. :P

Definitely had some good laughs. Tangrowth wasn't so bad, but yeah, Absorb was quite interesting.
    Yeah! This episode was amusing from the get-go and stayed that way for me. Absorb definitely looked weird being red. Growth was also a bit confusing since it looked like it should have been absorb.

The episode was ok IMO. It wasnt bad or good, just ok. Tangrowth's abosrb was pretty strong though.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

After a one week break, there was finally Pokemon again!

Today's episode was rather standard, but nevertheless pretty entertaining.

First of all, Mamoswine messing up its appeal, then becoming angry and chasing after Piplup and Pikachu was quite amusing to watch.
    I also like that repeating motif of a forest which is inhabited by a Pokemon whose behavior and appearance is surrounded by mystery. Ok, Tangrowth was not all too impressive, but it served its purpose.

Ash said that the forest ranger had helped them find Dawn, but actually it was Grotle who picked up her trail. So the ranger unfortunately remained a bit too bland if you as me.

Two further scene were noticeable:
    - Dawn confusing Mamoswine with Ursaring and patting it on its bottom was hilarious
    - But even funnier was Meowth's boss fantasy today (btw, It's been a while since we last saw one, hasn't it?). A sleepless Giovanni was a really plausible scenario and one of the better ideas Meowth has come up with recently.

Less reasonable and creative, however, was that big hoover mecha. I would have expected some kind of vehicle that resembles a Tangrowth, but well, that's excusable.

What somehow bothered me, though, was how quickly that tree recovered. I'm not sure if we were supposed to believe that a rather ordinary attack like Growth can cause such things as if by magic. Maybe the nutrients which the ranger pointed out helped to accelerate the recovery.

All in all a pretty decent episode

6 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

at first i did not like Tangrowth's voice.. but it quickly grew on me,.. i laughed whenever Tangrowth would run away swining from branch to branch. Tang tang tang tang tang
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 6th December 2009 at 1:00 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Just watched this episode. It was a good episode, with Mamoswine learning Hidden Power.

At first, I thought Tangrowth was being evil, but it cleared up in the end of the episode.

i believe Mamoswine Hidden Power is Water because of the color,i like the fact that now Mamoswine now have both Hidden and Secret Power.

and Bellsprout make a reapearance its a miracle.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    i believe Mamoswine Hidden Power is Water because of the color,i like the fact that now Mamoswine now have both Hidden and Secret Power.
    Mamoswine does not know Secret Power.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

It's Ancientpower, not Secret Power.

But I'm sure thats what you meant Link :P

Since virtually nothing important has happened in this, I've opted not to give it my usual summary. Rather, it'll go like this:

"Yay!" moments:
    - Dawn finally manages to get Mamoswine to actually get into the contesting mood!
    - Mamoswine's practice appeal was sure something, plus the fact that it done a lot of spinning around will sure get them thinking, "Hey, this Mamoswine is really agile in spite of its size."
    - However, the real fun begins when it fumbles with its Ice Shard.
    - With Pikachu & Piplup laughing at poor Mamoswine, they ended up getting chased around by Mamoswine. That & its contest appeals both get this episode off to a strong start.
    - Lilypad Town, hmm? That's our next destination? It's a pretty weird name, but I would like to see a town floating on giant lilypads. Of course, I'm expecting the devs to fail to deliver this...
    - Tangrowth was great with his Absorb spamming & him making like George of the Jungle. That guy is great to see overall.
    - The Giovanni moment was actually a great one, as using Tangrowth to suck all the energy from him so that he can actually sleep in peace is not entirely implausible.

"Boo!" moments:
    - After the chase, it all goes downhill from there, & it'll never recover completely, even though it has tried to...
    - TR, whyyyy the %&#$ can't you leave everyone in peace?!
    - That Ranger girl is very generic, as I was expecting to see a Pokemon Ranger, but instead, we get this.
    - Tangrowth & the others are using Growth to try & restore their monstrous tree back to normal, in which they fail at first. During that time, I was yelling, "You're doing it all wrong!" at my TV screen.

I'm done wasting my time with this; I've got better things to do...

By judging the Tangrowth's behavior, I have to say it's a jolly nature. The episode was great to watch too.

It was an ok episode i liked Pikachu and Piplup getting told off by Ash and the bonding moments between Dawn and Mamoswime. Tangrowth made me laugh as well i dont know why maybe it was its swinging around in the trees. As somebody said it was only a standard episode but it was better than some of the episodes we have had recently

Nice Episode.
    Tangrowth is great.

This episode was kind of interesting, if a bit dull. At least there was a reasonable explanation for the tangrowth going around draining all the pokemon of energy, but it seemed a bit odd that they were able to use the energy in the end to magically heal the tree. The magical powers of pokemon according to the anime, I guess.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

We learned a lesson here people! Give away your energy to nature!

Geesh, after watching this, and then Avatar.. you got to give some credit for these writers! They make (or at least they try) to make nature look cool! In James Cameron's case, he did it the best way ever.. In pokemon's case.. it just looked cheap :P

Couldn't the CotD give some hint of what was happening or something? Everybody just stared at that tree with awestruck faces..

It was awesome that Mamoswine learned Hidden Power though. It needs diverse attacks.. but I'm still not 100&#37; satisfied with it's move pool.. I just lacks that edge.. though the Ice Shard swallowing looked Cool as Ice xD (that's another movie, starring Vanilla Ice)(It's not nature friendly, in fact.. it's not even likable xD)
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

One of my favorite episodes. I like how this one actually has a sense of humor. Watching this makes me want a Tangrowth on my team

EDIT: Lol poster above me has the same exact number of posts but I joined 3 years before him.
    00][/CENTER]

OMG! Pikachu's laugh was the cutest thing I've ever heard! O.o

Not much happened outside of Tangrowth taking everyone's energy. Overall this episode was just OK.

Meh. It was a weird episode. It felt like it stole some plotlines from other episodes, and from movie 8. Seriously, Tree of Life much? And it kind of annoyed me to see Growth and Absorb portrayed wrong.

5/10.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast