Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animé Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    If you liked Loveless, I'm pretty sure you'll like Gravitation. It's another light shounen-ai series with some pretty cool music (the main character has a band). As for the others, for Shugo Chara, I'll bet you like Mamotte! Lollipop. My friend likes both. XD And then....hmmm....I'll have to think of the others.
    I've actually watched Gravitaion and Shugo Chara (I forgot to add them XD) I haven't heard of Mamotte! Lollipop though, I'll have to look it up~!
    Thanks~!

I think Soul Eater is one worth checking out.Found it pretty entertaining. Air Gear is good also

I would suggest Gundam Wing to anybody who doesn't mind hearing the D word and is okay with giants Robots. It's only got 45 episodes, but I thought it was really good. Can't say about the other Gundam series, because I've only seen Wing.

As much as I love the Anime, I would not suggest Ronin Warriors unless you like cheesy lines, corniness, it being only 39 episodes, and pretty stale animation. Gawsh, I love that show so much. Yes I'm weird like that.
    Oh yeah, and an annoying brat WHO WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM ALONE. That's one of the few things I hate about that show.

To be honest, I've heard of almost none of these animes people are talking about. But maybe I'll check them out eventually...
    Last edited by starliteevee; 13th July 2009 at 11:27 PM.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Anybody that likes Key's works or relationship-driven anime in general should check out Clannad (and Clannad: After Story). Very heartwarming in places, very sad in some, and funny in others. Also has a great soundtrack. Highly recommended.

I also back up Cobalt Latios' recommendation of Gurren Lagann. Pretty much the anime equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons. Very hot-blooded and fun to watch.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

Ouran High School Host Club!!! It's a great anime, I thought I would hate it since it's about Pretty Boys and stuff. Thought I would hate it then I watched it and I was shocked at how I liked it even at the odd bits where your like umm what? But It's really funny great music and is a good anime.

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Quote Originally Posted by DanChimchar View Post
    Ouran High School Host Club!!! It's a great anime, I thought I would hate it since it's about Pretty Boys and stuff. Thought I would hate it then I watched it and I was shocked at how I liked it even at the odd bits where your like umm what? But It's really funny great music and is a good anime.
    I'll be honest, there are some very entertaining little bits here and there. I haven't seen it much at all, but what I have seen, are just hilarious.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Blivsey View Post
    Anybody that likes Key's works or relationship-driven anime in general should check out Clannad (and Clannad: After Story). Very heartwarming in places, very sad in some, and funny in others. Also has a great soundtrack. Highly recommended.

I also back up Cobalt Latios' recommendation of Gurren Lagann. Pretty much the anime equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons. Very hot-blooded and fun to watch.
    +1
    Any of the Key/KyoAni adaptions are amazing: Clannad+AfterStory, Kanon, and Air. All 3 are very touching, romantic, funny, and just emotional altogether; I can't really describe stuff but they're good.

Recommending the 1st Pretty Cure sereis(cuz thats the only one I've seen). I haven't watched the subs, but the dub is really faithful to the Japanese episodes, and a reaally interesting series also.

If you like movies like the day after tomorrow, you really should watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 the second episode just aired a few days ago, it's pretty good, but more of a serious anime.

i would suggest Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen. its a retelling of the original and it follows the original manga storyline which is more dark and violent than the old 1972 Mazinger Z. if any1 is gonna watch it just a little heads up, episode 1 will most likely confuse you or w/e cause it show bits of whats gonna happen in the future.
    Current Team:

I would suggest Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
    It's fairly new, and they finished making the ep. so you wont have to wait for the new releases.
    At first I wasn't going to watch it because it sounded a bit plain at first, but I'm glad I watched it. It became one of my new favourite anime's of all times.~
    It is a REAL tear jerker. I honestly haven't cried that hard in a long time.
    It's basically about a girl who goes to a robot exhibition when a sudden (and powerful) earthquake hit's Tokyo. And they have to survive the 'after shock' of it and get back home. Trust me, watch it.
    I would suggest (even though most people know about it) Gurren Lagann.
    That anime had a way of just firing people up! And had real twist's.~ Honestly when you watch it you're going to be like 'Wow, I wasn't expecting that'. But of course in a goos way.xD
    Some people thought there were 'too many filler's'. But personally I really didn't find there were any. Only time I thought there were was a bit of the ending and around the middle where they did a 'recap' of the series.
    Anyway, it's a great anime. Powerful, great animation, both dubbed and original Japanese voices were amazing, and a good (yet sad) ending.
    It's a mecha anime, but even if you're not really into that I'd still suggest it. This anime is what made me like mecha more.
    I would also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion. I still have maybe like 3 more ep. to go.xD But it's it's it's just so wonderful!!! <3
    Although I have to warn you, this is more for people that have a taste for psychological anime with some gore here and there.
    At the beginning it may seem pretty slow, but that's what makes it so unique. It doesn't jump into action right away. Nor is it a 'filler'. It's laid out just right. The creators of Evangelion are just amazing story tellers.
    Throughout the anime, you'll see another world. But the way it was written with so much detail is incredible. It's as if it did exist in this world at one point. Evangelion was named one of the best anime's in the 90's. There are also some movies (which I haven't seen yet) but I hear they are good.~
    Anyway watch it.8D
    Anyway, I have A LOOOOOOOOOOT more suggestion's, but I'll see if anyone actually read this.xD
    Oh also,

@The Doctor I love your signature.xD May I ask where the clip is from? Like a movie or something. c: I like those types of scenes where it's all glitched and freaky like that.xD

=__='

This is going to be locked...unless we start using it again.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Hmmm well I just posted something.; 0 ;
    Maybe we can wait a little longer until someone else replies?:3
    I don't know.xD

No anime suggestion thread, not matter how many years old, is complete without School Days.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    I would also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion. I still have maybe like 3 more ep. to go.xD But it's it's it's just so wonderful!!! <3
    I might wanna hold off on that... The last two episodes are notorious for being horrible. Even if you try and get SOME artistic value out of the anime equivalent of "crap we ran outta money throw dirt at the screen" Shinji's complete character 180 in the last 30 seconds is just stupid.

But yeah, Gurren Lagann all the way. And Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Dat elevator scene.

Dat... whatever you call what happened in episode 24 that was so important that it lasted a minute

...scene

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    I would suggest Gundam Wing to anybody who doesn't mind hearing the D word and is okay with giants Robots. It's only got 45 episodes, but I thought it was really good. Can't say about the other Gundam series, because I've only seen Wing.

As much as I love the Anime, I would not suggest Ronin Warriors unless you like cheesy lines, corniness, it being only 39 episodes, and pretty stale animation. Gawsh, I love that show so much. Yes I'm weird like that.
    Oh yeah, and an annoying brat WHO WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM ALONE. That's one of the few things I hate about that show.

To be honest, I've heard of almost none of these animes people are talking about. But maybe I'll check them out eventually...
    On the Gundam side, I wholeheartedly endorse G Gundam, too. It's not as serious business as some of the other series, and very, very unabashedly shounen anime-levels of ridiculous... but for this particular series, it just works. It's far more enjoyable for the fact that the show knows how to ham it up and make the action scenes exciting and fun to watch without being put-off by the cheese factor. In literally any other show, the excess overdramatics would be too much and would ruin it.

This goes for the characters too. Some of the scenes are beyond cheesy, but they just... work. You will watch the hamming and you will like it.

I'm seeing a lot of mainstream titles getting recommended here, though... so in an effort to try and make things a little more varied: anyone know of any more obscure titles that don't get the hype and recognition they may deserve?

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of mainstream titles getting recommended here, though... so in an effort to try and make things a little more varied: anyone know of any more obscure titles that don't get the hype and recognition they may deserve?
    Define obscure. If forgotten series counts, I know of a few older anime that used to popular but now really obscure. But if you want complete no-name stuff I don't know of many.

Anyway, I would love some recommendations on anime that don't suck*.
    For a frame of reference here are a few of anime that don't suck: Outlaw Star, Bubblegum Crisis, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon.

*Don't suck in this case meaning similar to anime I like

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Define obscure. If forgotten series counts, I know of a few older anime that used to popular but now really obscure. But if you want complete no-name stuff I don't know of many.

For a frame of reference here are a few of anime that don't suck: Outlaw Star, Bubblegum Crisis, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon.

Cowboy Bebop.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well, I'm not looking to be super picky about what's "obscure" and what's not, but... I guess anything that wouldn't be considered mainstream? Hell, even something that doesn't have a lot of active fans, but that someone feels ought to for its merits.

I guess just anything that doesn't usually appear in most people's list of OMGSUPERFAVORITE anime series? Old anime that have been forgotten in the passing years count, too.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

No I think I saw a small clip of the last few ep, and it looked pretty good! o:
    But I guess I just really like Evangelion, it's just so original and f'd up.xD
    I love those sort of things.~

Gurrn Lagann was the SHIZZ!!
    ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA.
    I kind of liked FMA better than FMA:Brotherhood in some ways.xD Which one was your favourite?

EDIT: I know what you mean...
    Hmmm well I can't remember very much titles ATM but here are some...
    Nabari No ou
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Ergo Proxy (don't know if that's considered mainstream?)
    Last edited by GloomyHaruka; 1st January 2012 at 7:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Cowboy Bebop.
    Seen it. It doesn't suck so it still meets the criteria.

Mars of Destruction.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

If I were to recommend something that's slightly more obscure then... Kaiji. ParaChomp will back me up on this one. Don't let the art style deter you, this is one hell of a suspenseful show. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast