Thread: Legendless (an OU RMT)

Post Legendless (an OU RMT)

Well, after looking at my “Legendless” team, i decided upon a complete revamp. This team has been wildly successful so far, winning a vast majority of my matches. The basis of the team is for an Agility SubPetaya Empoleon sweep, and so far, it has exceeded my wildest expectations. As always, it is legendless (unless Rotom counts). This is also the first time I use nicknames on my pokemon. Read on! (by the way, can someone help with my sprites?)
    Flower Girl (Roserade) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Sleep Powder
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    I wanted a lead who could set up Toxic Spikes with relative ease, and after looking up the list of ToxicSpikers, Roserade jumped out at me with her 90 speed, Sleep Powder and 125 Special Attack. Her job is simple. Sleep Powder turn 1, Toxic Spikes on the probable switch, and toxic spikes one last time on the attack. Grass knot is for dealing with Swampert and is a general STAB move, while HP fire is mainly for scizor, who, if they use U-Turn, will OHKO, and if they Bullet punch, focus sash allows me to eliminate him in one go. As for the nickname... do I really need to explain it? Female + rose pokemon = flower girl.
    ---
    Heat Up (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Overheat
    Next, I started looking for a pokemon who could block the Rapid Spins that plague toxicspikers, and Rotom-H jumped out with his spectacular typing, defenses, and 105 special attack. The main reason i chose him is because the only moves that beat Empoleon after he is set up are Vacuum Wave and Mach Punch. Ghost types obviously are immune to these, and Rotom has the means to eliminate their users. Will-O-Wisp is a huge threat to Tyranitar, who is very dangerous otherwise to my team. Thunderbolt is really my only means of stopping DDGyara, who fails to OHKO with a +1 Waterfall, as well as Tentacruel and Starmie, Rapid Spin threats #1 and #2. Shadow Ball is secondary STAB, and a means to deal with Ground types who resist Overheat (Flygon anyone?). Overheat deals with the other dangerous spinner Forretress, as well as Scizor.
    Nickname: Rotom-Heat, an oven (of sorts)+ Overheat= Heat Up. At this point I should mention I am not a nickname expert.
    ---
    Scorpion King (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    Since Stealth Rock support is invaluable to sweepers like Empoleon, I decided to go with everyone’s favorite Lucario counter: Gliscor. Earthquake and Roost are obvious, though i never seem to be able to use roost. Stealth Rock is, well, Stealth Rock: the #1 stopper of flying types on PokeEarth. Stone Edge allows me to pick of said Flyers, though Gyarados and Salamence have intimidate to lessen the damage.
    Nickname: Gli(SCOR)+ awesome pokemon= Scorpion King. No relation to the movie character.
    ---
    FourArms (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Payback
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Now, i needed a pokemon who could handle status, as well as dish out some pain. I came up with RestTalk Machamp, who has been invaluable at removing Blissey, the only pokemon who can stop Empoleon once boosted, as well as ScarfGar, who has the potential to outspeed Empoleon with an Agility. RestTalk is Restalk, allows him to come in on status from Blissey (thunder wave or toxic), force her out and heal up. Sleep Talk keeps him from being useless for two turns, DynamicPunch with No Gaurd is quite possibly the most broken combo in existance, confusing everything that isn’t a ghost is an instant. Payback is to hit said ghosts, though Mence and Gyara are a bit annoying.
    This is the only nickname I’m not proud of: FourArms? What else is new? I could use an idea here.
    ---
    Sandinosaur (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    This guy is, oddly enough, my MVP nearly every time. He sets up sandstorm that nullifies leftovers (for them, although machamp and rotom are a bit peeved) while helping Gliscor activate Sand Veil and boosting his own Special Defense. He eliminates every psychic and ghost on ShoddyBattle with Pursuit. He breaks flying types with Stone Edge, and Earthquake eliminates the Electric types that plague Empoleon early in the match. I rarely use crunch oddly enough, because everyone weak to it is running and dying to Pursuit. No matter, this guy is easily cementing his role as my alltime favorite Pokemon, because he breaks open the path for Empoleon to sweep his way to the victory.
    Nickname: Sandstream+Dinosaur-Like Pokemon= Sandinosaur.
    ---
    Poseidon (Empoleon) (M) @ Petaya Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/232 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    If Tyranitar is my MVP, this guy is like my cleanup hitter. The strategy is simple enough: come in once everyone is poisoned and slightly weakened, agility on the switch , and set up Substitute until that lovely Petaya (what the hell is this named after) Berry activates. After that, I think it can be summed up in two word. Game Over. Surf is the obvious STAB move, and with the Petaya boost and Torrent, it beats almost everything that does not resist it. I never knew how good this guy was until I used it. Ice Beam is almost filler, but it does obliterate Salamence and grass types. The nickname? Poseidon is the Greek (or was he Roman? no wait, that’s Neptune) God of water, famous for his trident which ios now proudly displayed on Empoleon’s head. If only there was a move where Empoleon (has to be exclusive) stabs the enemy with the trident... Oh well, we can always dream.
    ---
    There you have it. This team has performed miracles for my rating as of this post, and I see only good things in its future. Forget my other RMTs that say “this is my best”... no, THIS is my best team. Too bad I can’t get a Petaya Berry in Platinum, or use Rotom-H on Wi-Fi. I’ll just have to keep playing on ShoddyBattle until those two things become possible.

A solid team. There is nothing I can find wrong with it. Fire fang is an alternative instead of stone edge for gliscor.
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Fire fang is pointless here.