Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Kanto Team!

Hybrid View

Default Updated Kanto Team!

I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

ELECTRODE@Magnet
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Timid
    HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
    Moveset:
    Magnet Rise
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Explosion

With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

CLEFABLE@Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
    Moveset:
    Rest
    Snore
    Cosmic Power
    Shadow Ball

With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    Attk: 40/Def: 100/SpAttk: 252/ Spd: 116
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power

My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 4
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower

The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Protect
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

Dragonite@Metronome
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Adamant
    Attk: 252/Def: 96/SpDef: 56/Spd: 104
    Moveset:
    Dragon Dance
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake
    Outrage

After one DD dragonite has enough attk to OHKO sala, garchamp, mamo, wailord, gyara, rhy and many others. Thunderpunch after two DDs is a sure kill for skarmory and zapdos. Thunderpunch also covers most water types along with flying (as long as its not also ground). Earthquake OHKOs pkmn like lucario and empoleon. along with ttar, metagross, electivire, and relicanth after 1 DD. And then regirock, registeel, steelix, golem, bastiodon, and others after 2 DDs. Outrage kills all others. Metronome ensures no more than 2HKOs.

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

NO INSULTS. NO PUTDOWNS. AND NO P'ING ME OFF

Thankyou

Last edited by Kujoshan; 7th July 2009 at 5:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

ELECTRODE@Magnet
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Timid
    HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
    Moveset:
    Magnet Rise
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Explosion

With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

CLEFABLE@Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
    Moveset:
    Rest
    Snore
    Cosmic Power
    Shadow Ball

With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    HP: 52/Def: 140/SpAttk: 216/Spd: 100
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power

My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like noctowl, espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 116/Def: 252/SpAttk: 140
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Sludge Bomb

The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

MACHAMP@Expert Belt
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    Attk: 252/Def: 136/SpDef: 120
    Moveset:
    Dynamic Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch

Dynamic punch confuses the foe as well as provide a devastating blow. Thunderpunch and Ice punch provide coverage against flying types, ground types, water types, grass types, dragon types, and others. Earthquake takes care of rock and steel as well as creating a scare into foes that dont usually have anything to be afraid of a.k.a. Electivire, nidoking, nidoqueen, drapion, and others.

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

Thankyou

Your team is OU, because of vappy and champ primaly. Noctowl is not Psychic. This Nidoking is not a beast. It's beaten by a large number of pokes.

Weezing has terrible Satk and Sludge Bomb has awful coverage, even if its stab.

Your clefable moveset is horrible! Snore??? Wft!

If a poke is not hit by SE moves, it doesn't mean it won't be koed. And that applies to your electrode who accomplishes nothing as leader. Other leaders will set up whatever they want and will even kill it. Vaporeon should focus on def to be used as a wisher and Machamp is ok, but can be better used

The team has no strategy or synergy. Many common threats wipe it out. You should go to smogon and check some sets, strategies and such.

dude you sound so stupid.

and i will NOT go to smogon. They suck. Id like to see your team mr. kno-it-all.

snore on clefable gets a 90 base power with rest it regains all health and can still use it. life orb powers it up even more without the penalty.

I kno alot of things kill nidoking. The point is to kill them first.

Sludge bomb doesnt need coverage.

The first move you would use against an electrode is earthquake or some kind of groun type so. magnet rise eliminates that possibility and starters dont always have to set something up they just need to introduce the team.

vaporeon is there as a spDefender since weezing is already defending.

Overall. just SHUTUP. dont criticize against others opinions. I sed i wouldnt object any suggestions or critiques unless they conceded my own. AND YOURS DID.

AND DONT EVER TELL ME HOW TO USE MY NIDOKING!!

I don't know much but I know Clefable can learn Softboiled, which would be a better choice than Rest, since it's one-turn recovery and especially since status afflictions don't do much to a Magic Guard pokemon.

Also with just a normal and ghost type attack, it can't really hurt certain pokemon.

i understand where your going at. but rest completely heals all HP and i should have gotten through at least 2 cosmic powers so itl last until that 3rd turn where i can rest again. using snore the whole time....once they send out a ghost type il use shadow ball. steel and rock i wnt be going up against with clef.

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "t".

Sludge Bomb on Weezing isn't great unless you are extremely worried about Celebi.

Ehh I would ditch Aqua Ring on Vaporeon. Aqua Ring is great and all until the inevitable Zapdos finds its way in and you've then lost one Pokemon.

Dude, your team sucks. Snore? WTF. It only gets 60 power. Rethink your team. Go to Smogon. Go to Smogon. This is quite a gimmick. Go to Smogon.
    Join the PMP and help make competitive move sets for Wifi-battling.

http://pmproject.forumotion.com/forum.htm

you dumb nut. its 90 with stab. n you cant say a team sucks and only comment on one thing.

read my earlier post above.

I WILL NOT GO TO SMOGON. THEY SUCK
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

"Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

"Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

yeah i dont exactly plan on have vap out against anything like zapdos, ampharos, electivire, or even hitmonchan.

"Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

"Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

yal i asked for suggestions not insults.

so quit hating on my team and help like mature persons

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

No seriously your team blows and if your not taking advice from anyone I won't even bother giving it.

If I have some words of advice for you: Don't turn away good advice, especially from those who have much more experience in competitively battling than you do. To be honest, I don't even know how you will get by with this team. I mean Snore... on a Clefable. Sleep Talk could be more effective.

If Smogon "sucks", then why is it so popular for people learning about competitively battling?
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

theres the key word. "Learning"

and how do you kno how much experience i have in competitive bttling?

im not rejecting any advice cuz i havnt gotten any. just insults...thats not advice...

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    theres the key word. "Learning"

and how do you kno how much experience i have in competitive bttling?

im not rejecting any advice cuz i havnt gotten any. just insults...thats not advice...
    We can tell by the way your team looks ,and we can also tell that you "CANTZ SPEILZ THET GOODZ"
    Plat fc: 1891 7294 5855
    Plat2 fc: 1033 1013 4162

Well for starters, you just recommended in MajorGambit's thread that his Scizor have the Swarm ability. Very very VERY bad advice. All Scizor should have the Technician ability. Why else would Scizor have Bullet Punch and Pursuit? To take advantage of this ability.

Next, you recommended that his Lucario have Water Pulse?!?!?!?!?

There's more, but I would be wasting my time if I continue.

Did I only say learning? My bad. I also meant all those who are battling competitively in general.

It just says a lot about your experience.

water pulse pwns. confuse while stil killing many.

i hate smogon it never helps me at all. personally i feel smogon is for n00bs who kiss up to the elites and dnt kno how do **** for themselves.

and choice band scizor has far better uses with swarm. x-scissor is boosted once your HP gets low and plus STAB thats um...I think thats 115 base power. srsly i labeld myself as a semi-pro for a reason....i dont brag......

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Here is some advice...Stop being a idiot and actually think of what other people are saying. If you didn"t want critizism then dont go here because that is what people give you. All of what Gambit said up there is true and he was trying to help you not insult you.

Qwilraza made by me.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shiny Pokemon Currently Hunted-
    1400 eggs
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    25 encounters

- - - - - - - - - - -
    IGN: Austin
    FC: 5284 9401 4294

"NO!!! Water Pulse does not pwn!!!" Lucario should be making use of its great movepool with Bullet Punch, Stone Edge, Extremespeed, Ice Punch, Aura sphere etc. Water Pulse is not worth a moveslot.

You are not listening to me. I saying that TECHNICIAN IS A MUST. There's really no point in arguing about it. Why go with Swarm which only raises the power of its bug moves (U-turn and X-Scissor) when Technician, which raises the power of Bullet Punch, a very good priority moves, Pursuit, and all other moves that have power of 60 or lower.

Technician completely outclasses Swarm. By the way, Choice Band+Technician+STAB Bullet Punch is much more devastating than a Choice Banded+STAB U-turn/X-Scissor.

You would know that if you went to Smogon.
    Last edited by AirHorton; 6th July 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Oi...

All these people have already given great points that I don't need to repeat. And Smogon doesn't SUCK. When it comes to competitive battling, Smogon for sure does not suck.

This is a "Competitive/Online Team Rate" board. I know how you like to battle, and it's definitely not geared towards serious competitive battles. Sure, some of these movesets can catch people off guard (maybe, most likely not), but the point is is that it's not reliable. Like MajorGambit mentioned earlier, it lacks synergy. Good trainers won't fall for the same tricks twice.

i can spell. i just dont. its my choice. Lemme see your team then....

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

I really hope you are the troll I first suspected you to be. Otherwise I can only but picture you in a happy little class that writes with pretty crayons.

And sheerly to avoid infractions on the offchance Reno can't see through your ridiculous persona, saying that Weezing's Sludge Bomb has 90 base power (in response to my earlier comment) neglects the fact that, in general, using Flamethrower / Thunderbolt generally cater to Weezing's role in a team moreso than the awful coverage provided by Sludge Bomb.

Way to go for using improper grammar. Whoop-dee-doodle-doo. (I'm being sarcastic).
    Last edited by AirHorton; 6th July 2009 at 11:13 PM.

The only thing on this team that isnt useless is ScarfNido

Who I use to great effectiveness, but the EVs are bad.

Please, maybe go to Smogon

Or maybe even go to the Serebii Pokemon of the Day as even the Specs Blissey or the Skarmory with Fly and Toxic are better than your sets

OKAY GUYS LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR YOU N00BS OUT THERE.

I WILL NOT OBJECT TO ADVICE OR OPINIONS UNLESS THEY CONCEDE OR UNDERMINE MY OWN.

SO NO INSULTING. NO EMBARASSING. AND NO P'ING ME OFF.

now lets start over.
    Please do comment!

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Like calum said, the only thing not useless on your team is Scarf Nidoking. That tells me that you need to reconstruct your team and use guides, particularly Smogon, to help you out because Smogon has been helping other out.

Well when you call people noobs, just expect someone to insult/embarass you, especially from those who know more about competitively battling than you do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast