Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: Updated Kanto Team!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    they have kno way of knowing. And im calling them n00bs through the way they criticize my team.
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Just expect more insulting from those "noobs".
    Last edited by AirHorton; 7th July 2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    can u honestly say that uv tried these pkmn in my team n failed? or r u just being naive jerk-offs and just saying wut u want without even considering these strats. If you would read my description i give a complete reason as to why i chose these. So give me advice on wut else i could do. dont dis wut i have up there unless uv personally experienced that pkmn failing
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Your dreams
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

    ELECTRODE@Focus Sash
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Timid
    HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
    Moveset:
    Hp Ice/Grass
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Explosion

    With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

    This thing fails hard as a lead unless it setting up RD

    CLEFABLE@Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
    Moveset:
    Rest
    Snore
    Cosmic Power
    Shadow Ball

    With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

    WOW! this set is bad. if you want a sweeping claff try the toxic orb facade set on SMOGON

    NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    HP: 52/Def: 140/SpAttk: 216/Spd: 100
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power

    My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like noctowl, espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

    Ok getting better but still not good in OU. What do the evs do?

    WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk:6
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Fire blast/Flamethrower

    The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

    Now you can counter heracross and scizor with ease

    VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 6
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Protect
    Surf
    Ice Beam/Toxic/Hp electric

    Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

    Great wish passer protect is needed for the free wish recovery

    MACHAMP@Expert Belt
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    Attk: 252/Def: 136/SpDef: 120
    Moveset:
    Dynamic Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch

    Dynamic punch confuses the foe as well as provide a devastating blow. Thunderpunch and Ice punch provide coverage against flying types, ground types, water types, grass types, dragon types, and others. Earthquake takes care of rock and steel as well as creating a scare into foes that dont usually have anything to be afraid of a.k.a. Electivire, nidoking, nidoqueen, drapion, and others.

    Ok but SMOGON has much better sets



    That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

    Thankyou



    Overall this team is horrible and is countered and/or beaten by everything in the metagame. I recommend going to smogon and learning....have a nice day =)
    Plat fc: 1891 7294 5855
    Plat2 fc: 1033 1013 4162

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    272

    Default

    It doesn't have anything to do with people trying out those pokemon. It all comes to their knowledge of competitively battling. I mean on Vaporeon, there's no point to having Aqua Ring and Wish when you can just have Wish along with Protect to do some Wish passing, healing Vaporeon and others on your team.
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkelder0511 View Post
    Overall this team is horrible and is countered and/or beaten by everything in the metagame. I recommend going to smogon and learning....have a nice day =)
    ok get the **** off this thread i CLEARLY stated NOT TO INSULT!
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    tho i gotta agree with u on the weezing editing.
    thnx
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in the grandeur of things
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    I really hope you are the troll I first suspected you to be. Otherwise I can only but picture you in a happy little class that writes with pretty crayons.


    And sheerly to avoid infractions on the offchance Reno can't see through your ridiculous persona, saying that Weezing's Sludge Bomb has 90 base power (in response to my earlier comment) neglects the fact that, in general, using Flamethrower / Thunderbolt generally cater to Weezing's role in a team moreso than the awful coverage provided by Sludge Bomb.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    ok get the **** off this thread i CLEARLY stated NOT TO INSULT!
    This is exactly what I mean. You can't take criticism lightly. Why even bother if you can't take any kind of criticism without insulting someone?
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    its the insulting that i dont take lightly not the criticism. sheesh
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    272

    Default

    THAT WAS CRITICISM!!! He found too many faults with your team. Sheesh! Fix up your team, better yet SCRAP your team because I don't even know how you will get by with it.
    Last edited by AirHorton; 7th July 2009 at 2:09 AM.
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Clearly you know nothing about competitive battling. You need to go to smogon. NEED. This team is Crap. Spam. Unworthy of a rate from anyone. You are not even what you say you are, i.e., a self-proclaimed "Semi-Pro." You are the noob.
    Join the PMP and help make competitive move sets for Wifi-battling.

    http://pmproject.forumotion.com/forum.htm

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my Shuckles shell.
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I could beat you with only one of my pokemon in my team.

    Qwilraza made by me.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shiny Pokemon Currently Hunted-
    1400 eggs
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    25 encounters

    - - - - - - - - - - -
    IGN: Austin
    FC: 5284 9401 4294

  14. #39

    Default

    I just said this in another thread and I can't believe the immaturity on this forum but this guy MUST be a troll or a 10 year old boy.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

    ELECTRODE@Magnet
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Timid
    HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
    Moveset:
    Magnet Rise
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Explosion

    With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

    CLEFABLE@Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
    Moveset:
    Rest
    Snore
    Cosmic Power
    Shadow Ball

    With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.

    NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    HP: 52/Def: 140/SpAttk: 216/Spd: 100
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power

    My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.

    WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 4
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower

    The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.

    VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Ice Beam

    Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.

    MACHAMP@Expert Belt
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    Attk: 252/Def: 136/SpDef: 120
    Moveset:
    Dynamic Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch

    Dynamic punch confuses the foe as well as provide a devastating blow. Thunderpunch and Ice punch provide coverage against flying types, ground types, water types, grass types, dragon types, and others. Earthquake takes care of rock and steel as well as creating a scare into foes that dont usually have anything to be afraid of a.k.a. Electivire, nidoking, nidoqueen, drapion, and others.



    That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

    Thankyou



    And people lose their time complaining about ME!!!

    Look at this thread. Seriously, OP, you gotta be insane. No other reasonable explanation.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    OP, you sort of defeated the whole purpose of an RMT with the ending of your post. You want suggestions, yet you don't want anything to change your opinion of your team or that you disapprove of. ANY suggestion will cause you to reject it since any constructive criticism will "concede your own." People on these forums are only trying to help you, yet when they do, you turn them away and make hollow threats and act stubborn and superior. If you planned on keeping this idea of a "team," you should've kept it to yourself..

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Carmel
    Posts
    697

    Default

    alright, I'll try to rate this "team"

    Electrode really doesn't use Magnet Rise effectively because he's quite frail. Overall he really doesn't add much to the team, as his only real effective role is as a rain starter. You can throw Taunt over Magnet Rise andhave a way to stop most SR, but really he's just not an effective lead.

    I actually like how Clefable looks on paper. I've never seen a Snore set before. Though really Clefable can't effectively pull off sweeping with such low attack power. Clefable is better meant as a wall/tank. And Normal/Ghost doesn't get the best coverage. Really Clefable should be reconsidered with a different set/Pokemon alltogether.

    As already said, Nidoking needs revising on his EV's. Other than that he's alright.

    Weezing really doesn't need Thunderbolt with Flamethrower imo, he could use Explosion over it, but it's your choice.

    Protect over Aqua Ring on Vaporeon

    Machamp is okay I guess, he doesn't have the speed to sweep, though. The ResTalk set is much more viable.

    In all honesty most of your Pokemon are trying to do roles that other s can do better. Since you're attempting an all Kanto team, I can only make limited suggestions, but I would say...Aerodactyl over Electrode. Aerodactyl is a much more effective lead in Standard. Snorlax over Clefable. Snorlax does a much better job as a wall. I still don't recommend using a Snore set, but eh.

    Good Luck with your team. Overall simple revisions to your EV's will help you out a lot, and consider the jobs that Pokemon do best, example, Electrode does best as a Rain starter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ace View Post
    Digital Love is like the Jesus Christ of competitive battling.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiquishaJahari View Post
    OP, you sort of defeated the whole purpose of an RMT with the ending of your post. You want suggestions, yet you don't want anything to change your opinion of your team or that you disapprove of. ANY suggestion will cause you to reject it since any constructive criticism will "concede your own." People on these forums are only trying to help you, yet when they do, you turn them away and make hollow threats and act stubborn and superior. If you planned on keeping this idea of a "team," you should've kept it to yourself..
    you've got it all wrong dude. Concede my own means dont undermine it. dont insult it. just say ur opinion. no insulting needed just say wut You'd do with the pkmn.

    Il consider it and. if it works for me il change it.

    and I wouldv kept it to myself if i had known how half these ppl would react to a kanto team. sheesh.
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Love View Post
    alright, I'll try to rate this "team"

    Electrode really doesn't use Magnet Rise effectively because he's quite frail. Overall he really doesn't add much to the team, as his only real effective role is as a rain starter. You can throw Taunt over Magnet Rise andhave a way to stop most SR, but really he's just not an effective lead.

    I actually like how Clefable looks on paper. I've never seen a Snore set before. Though really Clefable can't effectively pull off sweeping with such low attack power. Clefable is better meant as a wall/tank. And Normal/Ghost doesn't get the best coverage. Really Clefable should be reconsidered with a different set/Pokemon alltogether.

    As already said, Nidoking needs revising on his EV's. Other than that he's alright.

    Weezing really doesn't need Thunderbolt with Flamethrower imo, he could use Explosion over it, but it's your choice.

    Protect over Aqua Ring on Vaporeon

    Machamp is okay I guess, he doesn't have the speed to sweep, though. The ResTalk set is much more viable.

    In all honesty most of your Pokemon are trying to do roles that other s can do better. Since you're attempting an all Kanto team, I can only make limited suggestions, but I would say...Aerodactyl over Electrode. Aerodactyl is a much more effective lead in Standard. Snorlax over Clefable. Snorlax does a much better job as a wall. I still don't recommend using a Snore set, but eh.

    Good Luck with your team. Overall simple revisions to your EV's will help you out a lot, and consider the jobs that Pokemon do best, example, Electrode does best as a Rain starter.
    ^ see? now THAT is what im looking for. no insults. no putdowns. just explaining uself without any hassle or language.

    Thankyou Digital Love
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Okay, um I see you put Rain Dance on your Electrode. I don't think you should do this. You see, when you have Rain Dance, your whole team should benefit from. It's called a Rain Dance team. Rain Dance teams consist of 3-4 pokemon that can set up Rain Dance. The sweepers usually would have the ability Swift Swim (Kingdra, Kabutops, etc.)

    Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't use Rain Dance on Electrode, since the only pokemon who benefit from it are Vaporeon and Electrode itself. That's all of have for now.
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    392

    Default

    .....But what he said wasn't too different from what everyone said in the first post? He'll try and rate this "team". Kujoshan, the teams lack a great deal of synergy. Weezing+Vaporeon isn't a very good defensive core, and nothing can take STAB Draco Meteors and Outrages too well (understanding that there are no steels in kanto) Why are you using Rain Dance, honestly you would be wasting your time. And you have no real sweepers, Dragonite cannot sweep too many pokes, considering all the priorty moves and scarfs, Nidoking has a choice item, and Electrode really accomplishes nothing, even when getting rid of his weakness to ground through Magnet Rise. Your team lacks an offense and a good defense, which I think is the result of poor team-building. For example Nidoking is usually outclassed by pokemon other pokes, like Tyranitar, as Nidoking can't properly sweep. And why in Dragonite's set he can KO Wailord and some other UU/NU threats? Uhm btw Dragonite can't KO Skarmory with +2 T-punch. Before posting yet another new team, GO TO SMOGON. End of story. Read some articles, look at the strategy pokedex. Maybe look at an RMT are two. It'll help tremendously.


  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Let me try to rate this team in a positive Yet Respectful Manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team
    pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

    ELECTRODE@Magnet
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Timid
    HP: 16/Def: 140/SpAttk: 40/SpDef: 60/Spd: 252
    Moveset:
    Magnet Rise
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Explosion
    ~Ok First off your Electrode...I dont know if your thinking about competing with this team or w.e But whats the point of this pokemon? With all due Respect...Electrode is very Fragile and Many leads can take it out...Leads from metagross to Swampert. I suggest you atleast change this.
    With Magnet Rise, Electrode loses all weaknesses and nothing is super effective. Thunder Wave slows down the other pokemon for the rest of my team. Explosion gives me a last resort option when my HP gets low.

    CLEFABLE@Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Modest
    HP: 48/Def: 172/SpAttk: 252/SpDef:36
    Moveset:
    Rest
    Snore
    Cosmic Power
    Shadow Ball

    With Magic Guard, Life orb doesn't take any of clef's health away while still raising damage x1.3. With rest it allows me to replenish my HP when it gets low and with this UU bliss it'll take alot to do even that. Cosmic Power raises defense and special defense while the enemy is trying hard to lower my HP. Shadow ball will take care of any ghost type that gets in the way since even a gengar would have trouble with clefable.
    ~Everything is Ok with this set..But Im not a real fan of Rest or Snore...Change rest with Softboiled and change Snore with flamethower...Btw why are you investing so much special attacking Evs when you have 1 Special move? It really Dont make sense if you ask me. And it dont affects blissey..Which outstalls This Clefable.

    NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    Attk: 40/Def: 100/SpAttk: 252/ Spd: 116
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power

    My prized possession. For this pokemon I will not be taking any suggestions and/or critiques about this selection. With Choice scarf nidoking has enough speed to outrun a max speed ninjask (Without any boosts). When sent out against a male pokemon this is a terror to be terrored. Flamethrower takes care of all pesky grass walls along with annoying bug sweepers. Ice punch takes out any dragon other than kingdra, and sends pokemon like gliscor, swellow, honchkrow, and hippowdon crying back to their mommies. Megahorn is a quick kill for psychics like espion, jynx, and mr. mime. low accuracy but doable. Earth power pwns the big steel walls like steelix, bastiodon, heatproof bronzong, aggron, and other tanks like ttar, rhyperior, golem, and relicanth. It also takes care of lucarios and magnezones along with probopasses and solrock.
    ~ Nidoking Dont even Belong in the OU Envioroment...He gets smashed...And then you say stuff like "Sends Hippowdon Crying Back to there Mommies" Uhhh Last time i checked Hippowdon Murders Nidoking..As Ice Punch Dont do much Beacuse of Hippo Good D.

    WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 252/Def: 252/SpAttk: 4
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower

    The annoying big ball. Levitate makes it impervious to ground types which are always the big fail in defensive walls. Will-o-wisp cutting the enemy's attack in half adds more to your enemy's demise. Sludge bomb is a strong move combined with STAB for a hard hit even if its not super effective. Thunderbolt takes care of those little birdies that peck at weezing like pidgeot, swellow, fearow, chatot, pelliper, gyarados, bird trio. plus pesky waterwalls like blastoise, vaporeon, wailord, gyarados (again), seaking, lapras, and starmie.
    ~ Everythings ok...But Fearow huh? Last time i checked O.o not that many people Use Seaking/Fearow/Pelliper.
    VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    HP: 60/Def: 176/SpAttk: 20/SpDef: 252
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Protect
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Wish and aqua ring allow vaporeon to last in a battle while dishing out some nasty special moves. Surf at 142 base power (including STAB) does quite a bit of damage to those without water absorb or resistance to water. Ice beam allows vaporeon to have a chance at freezing its foes for a standing chance against sweepers and annoying stallers.
    ~ Lol dont put aqua ring on vaporeon....Sets are either Wish,Protect,surf,Icebeam...Or toxic somewhere inplace.
    Dragonite@Metronome
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Adamant
    Attk: 252/Def: 96/SpDef: 56/Spd: 104
    Moveset:
    Dragon Dance
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake
    Outrage

    After one DD dragonite has enough attk to OHKO sala, garchamp, mamo, wailord, gyara, rhy and many others. Thunderpunch after two DDs is a sure kill for skarmory and zapdos. Thunderpunch also covers most water types along with flying (as long as its not also ground). Earthquake OHKOs pkmn like lucario and empoleon. along with ttar, metagross, electivire, and relicanth after 1 DD. And then regirock, registeel, steelix, golem, bastiodon, and others after 2 DDs. Outrage kills all others. Metronome ensures no more than 2HKOs.
    ~ You say after 1 DD Dragonite is going to be able to OHKO mamo? hmm...Ever heard of ice shard? I suggest you replace ThunderPunch With Roost...Besides Dragonite wont be able to get up 2 DD All the time....OHMyGOD....YOu have a Metronome on your Dragonite....No that's a No-No. Put Lum Berry on it or Leftovers.


    That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

    NO INSULTS. NO PUTDOWNS. AND NO P'ING ME OFF

    ~Im not trying to insult your team...But with all due respect it needs a grip of work on...I suggest you read some of our Guides...It helps alot.


    Thankyou



    ~King.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Solaceon Town
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Ok first off I personally dont think this team is competitive at all but I will try to help you with it.

    First since you are trying to keep it kanto only this will be tough. Your lead electrode, if it has rain dance you should have it hold damp rock and you should think of putting a kabutops in your team with swift swim maybe over dragonite cause I know you love your nidoking if you dont put in kabutops than you should switch your lead to aerodactyl.Vaporeon has to have wish and protect on the same set. Nidoking has bad evs otherwise it is not that bad. Clefable should hold leftovers and you should take some Sp.A evs and put them in Sp.D considering you only have one soecial attack. Weezing is fine but explosion over t bolt. Dragonite has a bad ev spread but like I said before you might want to change it to kabutops.
    To Do List:
    Breed for Shiny Tynamo(MM)
    Breed for Trick Room team
    Finish other cool Pokemon's sets/EV train them

    He's gonna take you under, and eat you!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Costa del 'ull
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Jesus christ this is one hell of a flame thread.
    but honestly i know it's annoying when you think you've got an awesome team and people are like "dewd ur team sux!!!!11" but you really should take their advice.
    Electrode should have focus sash, even with those defensive EV's it's gonna die to the majority of attacks. Magnet rise is equally pointless, no lead that uses EQ can't beat you without it, even metagross, who's STAB's you resist easily beats you.
    You should run taunt over it, as taunt shuts down a lot of opposing leads, stopped them from setting up (which is what the majority do). Also just run 82Atk/252SpA/176Spe Naive on Electrode, since it just wants speed and to hit hard, defensive EV's are wasted. Wereas that set lets you outspeed all over leads barring ninjask, who outspeeds you no matter how many Speed EV's you run.
    Clefable is an amazing user of softboiled, since the only real advantage Rest gives is it removes status, which doesn't effect clefable much regardless. Run softboiled over rest and Focus blast/HP fighting over Snore. fighting+ghost has unresisted coverage. Also consider calm mind over cosmic power, since a lot of things will easily set up on Clefable since it can't really hit them back hard enough at all, scizor particularly enjoys The set up fodder Clefable offers.

    Oh and smogon sets ae actually pretty awesome to start out with, i learned from smogon sets, they're a really good way to become familiar with each pokemon's strengths and weaknesses, and a general idea of the metagame itself.
    Last edited by Gren Draco; 7th July 2009 at 7:22 PM.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    255

    Default

    ok ppl lemme set this straight. I. Do. Not. Like. Smogon.

    So quit telling me to go there. It never helps me just makes me doubt myself...

    I don't use it for my reasons. I personally think it SUCKS BALLS!

    But hey, that's just me.

    Good day.
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

    "Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

    "Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

    Click or be Clicked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •