Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated Kanto Team!

Oh and for you dumb bells out there who keep saying clefable only has 1 special attack.

CHECK AGAIN.

rest
    snore
    cosmic power
    shadow ball
    Kujoshan = Beautiful Destruction
    I'm not a bad person, bad things just happen to me....

"Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

"Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Quote Originally Posted by Kujoshan View Post
    ok ppl lemme set this straight. I. Do. Not. Like. Smogon.

So quit telling me to go there. It never helps me just makes me doubt myself...

I don't use it for my reasons. I personally think it SUCKS BALLS!

But hey, that's just me.

Good day.
    Learn how to spell. OMG, Hidden Messege!
    Join the PMP and help make competitive move sets for Wifi-battling.

http://pmproject.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Also, if you take any advice, go with Softboiled, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt over Rest, Snore and Shadow Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplodingMuk View Post
    Learn how to spell. OMG, Hidden Messege!
    everything there is spelled correctly dumb****. 'ppl' is the only thing that isnt...WOW

"Bring back what is left over yet, oddly enough, with nothing left over after bringing back what was left over your mission fails."
    ~Kujoshan

"Everything has a reason because having no reason is, in fact, a reason itself."
    ~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

^and 'lemme.' Last I heard, 'lemme' isn't in the dictionary. But I don't care for strawmen.

Anyways, I'm just stopping by to ask, did you know that Digital Love suggested replacements which are on Smogon sets? For example, he said Taunt > Magnet Rise: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electrode
    He said, Protect > Aqua Ring on Vappy: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/vaporeon
    Your Weezing is also a Smogon set, as Machamp would have been if you had done the resttalk set. You obviously are using some Smogon sets, so you cannot hate all of it?

Anyways, the main problem with this team is its gimmickiness, apparently random EVs, and lack of synergy. If your EVs are unusual, you must tell us precisely what they do. And believe me, your EVs are very unusual. I don't mean for you to tell us what you told us in your other RMT thread; I mean precise as in, say (*checks first page*), Kingdrom's RMT thread. Each bunch of EVs must accomplish a purpose, or the spread is inferior to another spread.

As for gimmickiness, a bunch of this won't work against decent opponents. For example, Magnet only gives a 20% boost to electric moves, iirc. Yet, you only have one electric move, and it needs rain to be accurate. That means 2 turns before Magnet has the potential of being useful. Considering Electrode's frailty, it is unlikely it will be as useful as a Focus Sash. Rain Dance also benefits no one but Electrode, which makes Electrode useless team-wise.

Metronome on Dragonite requires it to use the same move over and over again. How often will you do this against a decent opponent? Probably not often enough to make it more worth it than a Life Orb or Leftovers or Yache Berry. It does something with Outrage, but due to the few who can take more than one or two of them, Dragonite will be dead before the Metronome becomes useful.

You're missing a steel type too, which makes you Dragon weak, and you have no core or strategy with the team, unless I missed it? In which case, you had better elaborate on it. I can't offer any suggestions for replacements until otherwise, but Electrode is fairly useless on this team and can go.
    Last edited by Salavoir55; 7th July 2009 at 10:36 PM.

this is a kanto team fyi. There are no steel types unless i used magneton...NFE. so theres no way i can counter a dragon type move...though weezing can do a decent job of that...

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Oh yes, that's right. Unfortunately, that is going to be quite a...costly decision. You can use Magneton, btw. Smogon unbanned NFEs a while ago. Maybe a Scarf Magneton > Electrode? I think Rad3n used one once with some success. Scarf Starmie can also revenge kill those who are locked into Outrage quite well.

one thing i never understood about competitive battling is what is a revenge killer?

I thought it was like scarf-trick payback/counter/magic coat/etc.

is it not?

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

So glad you asked ^_^. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=403489 That's one of the threads in the stickied 'The CRMT Guide Collection.'

Also, the only true revenge killers are ones who can trap or have Pursuit because otherwise the opponent could just switch and thus not be revenge killed.

Oh and for you dumb bells out there who keep saying clefable only has 1 special attack.

CHECK AGAIN.

rest
    snore
    cosmic power
    shadow ball
    How on earth you cna call anyone a dumb bell when your team is the biggest piece of **** on these forums i have no idea.
    No i won't battle you before you ask, i have better things to do with my time than waste my time battling someone who is so obviously fail incarnate.
    Honestly i speant my ****ing time trying to help you with that team and all you can say is that and that you don't like smogon?
    I DON'T GIVE A ****ING **** WETHER YOU LIKE SMOGON OR NOT.
    smogon knows a **** load more about competetive battling than yourself.
    I may sound like i'm on my period but honestly the lack of ****ing appreciation by some people is ridiculous, i may not be the best ****ing rater but i still spend my time on each rate the least you could ****ing do is acknowledge that.
    YOUR TEAM IS A PILE OF ****.
    There, good day.
    Flame on.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren Draco View Post
    How on earth you cna call anyone a dumb bell when your team is the biggest piece of **** on these forums i have no idea.
    No i won't battle you before you ask, i have better things to do with my time than waste my time battling someone who is so obviously fail incarnate.
    Honestly i speant my ****ing time trying to help you with that team and all you can say is that and that you don't like smogon?
    I DON'T GIVE A ****ING **** WETHER YOU LIKE SMOGON OR NOT.
    smogon knows a **** load more about competetive battling than yourself.
    I may sound like i'm on my period but honestly the lack of ****ing appreciation by some people is ridiculous, i may not be the best ****ing rater but i still spend my time on each rate the least you could ****ing do is acknowledge that.
    YOUR TEAM IS A PILE OF ****.
    There, good day.
    Flame on.
    calm down gren. I called the ones who said clefable only had 1 special move dumb bells. it had nothing to do with the ratings ppl just need to open their eyes sometimes and consider other ideas and points. ppl like blackheart and explodingmuk need to learn how to read before posting a false statement....

srry if i offended anybody just getting p***ed off at the ones who do nothing but insult me and my teams and only send me hate mail.

explodingmuk....

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

I have figured out the EVs for my Kanto team pokemon. I hope I get good comments on this team. Well, here goes...

Aerodactyl
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Jolly

Moveset:
    Taunt
    Stealth Rock
    Rock Slide / Stone Edge
    Earthquake

This would be better, and it's from Kanto.

CLEFABLE@Toxic Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    252 hp / 252 Att / 6 spd
    Moveset:
    Protect
    Facade
    Meteor Mash
    Fire Blast / Softboiled

This would be in you better intrests.
    NIDOKING@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Naive
    Attk: 40/Def: 100/SpAttk: 252/ Spd: 116
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Earth Power
    I don't even know how to fix this crap.

WEEZING@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
    Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Those Evs are in your better intrest.

VAPOREON@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Bold
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
    Moveset:
    Wish
    Protect
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Evs are better. this is probably your best set I've seen.
    Dragonite@Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Jolly
    252 att / 252 spd / 6 hp
    Moveset:
    Dragon Dance
    Fire Punch / Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Outrage

Never use Metronome.

That was my team. If you have any suggestions please do say so. I do not object to others opinions unless the concede my own. Please comment very much.

NO INSULTS. NO PUTDOWNS. AND NO P'ING ME OFF

Thankyou

There is a quality rate.

i wld very much like for you to recite clefable's base attack stat and base special attack stat. Then tell me WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE IT A PHYSICAL ATTACKER!?

ok lets say i DID change vap to a defensive wall.........

WHERE'S MY SPECIAL DEFENSIVE WALL!!??

rethink your rating and then repost it on the NEW thread for my kanto team

sheesh

good day!

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

Do you always have an attitude problem? Why bother being here if you're going to berate people? Your team is getting nowhere too if you don't allow people to state their opinion, even if it is seen as an insult.
    Credit to Teevo from deviantART
    "You can run Kirby, but you can't hide!"

quit posting here. as long as no one flames me or my team post here:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404435

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

70 and 85. But It has Meteor Mash and takes no damage from poison. BTW don't repost teams if they are exactly the same. Try Smogon, seriously. If you don't, at least ask people for decent posts. I'm sure the respected raters can make you some good ones. K?

i reposted it cuz its filling up here and i dont want to look at these flames....

~Kujoshan

~Kujoshan

Click or be Clicked

i reposted it cuz its filling up here and i dont want to look at these flames....
    You brought it on yourself. Use this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123