Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 130

Thread: Suggestions for the Trade Forum

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GMT -6
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Is there a way to skip the US shore rule for the arceus event since we really, REALLY, would like to have one... also, why the US shore rule didn´t applied to the pikachu coloured pichu (shokotan pichu)?
        Spoiler:- FC's:


        Spoiler:- my Gen IV pokemon list::


        Spoiler:- my Gen V pokemon list::

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,358

    Default

    All right guys, let's try not to derail this thread. It's suggestions, not debating back and forth :/.

    Anyways, the reasoning behind some Pokemon (Arceus, shiny Jirachi, etc) being "forbidden" is that they're in such high demand with so few available that many of them are likely to be hacks. The Movie Arceus will not lift its ban, but if a WiFi event for Arceus (even if it's only for Japan) will lift it because it'll increase the number of available ones greatly. Same thing if there is ever a SRable Jirachi or Celebi event. If you don't like that rule, PM Joe himself because that's his rule.

    As for the other Japanese events being available, they're not in as high of a demand. Yes, PCP is popular, but you can still get a regular shiny Pichu, as such it's not in quite as high of a demand. This is the only way to get a legit Arceus so far, so it's in very high demand and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get a legitimate one (barring AR clones, because SPPf doesn't endorse using AR, even for cloning).
    Quote Originally Posted by de_darkrai View Post


    IMO,^this looks annoying...i think serebii nid to remove that...

    and having own thread wasn't the best idea for Serebiiforums...but,one more thing>Event Trading Thread=sucks,coz someone will double-posting,or even triple...and TRADERS will post his/her list again and again in the new page of the topic,XD...and some traders have a HUGE list,if we wanna find sth,IMO>it hurts my eyes so much sometimes...although there's a button [CTRL+F]...

    i haven't came here for several days...Ellie added sth[this topic]...wow,KOOl...open-minded,i should say "finally"

    anyway,it's juz my opinions....but i hope i can get some solutions for ya...
    Uh, remove what? I'm not sure what you're even saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by zyrad View Post
    where can i try and trade items with people?
    is there a thread for that?
    if so it's hard to find.
    if not. WHY THE HELL NOT.
    It's like the most obvious thing ever. and desperately needed.
    Look in the exact forum that this one is in. There is one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    There's nothing on there.
    Change your post settings. You have to have it showing threads since "The Beginning" since they're over 2 years old.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,283

    Default

    For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

    Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

    Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.
    I tried getting rid of it myself - I think it's a bit ridics. at this point, and I got a big fat gtfo and stfu

    watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    If it's Joe's rule and that's it, then obviously it will stay no matter what others say. It's just a ridiculous rule. The trades are still being conducted here via PMs and VMs. Lifting the rule will at least let them happen publicly and be able to be moderated in a more efficient fashion.

    I also really don't buy that it has a higher amount of hacks. I've been in the Wi-Fi chat doing a trade and a guy had 5 of his Pokemon with ID "0000" and OT "????". I've faced a Scizor in the Battle forum with the move Earthquake. Hacks are, for better or for worse, part of the trading process. It's an inherent risk involved with EVERY possible trade, not just special legendary movie events. It should be a users responsibility to be knowledgable enough to detect hacks, and mods responsibility to monitor what's posted. And banning these trades flat out just causes users to take it to PMs or off-site stuff, where with little/no moderation, hacks will get by and nothing will be done about it.

    That being said, I'll just re-iterate before that I really don't see anything wrong with the trade forum. The stickies have been done nicely, I like the individual Pokeon threads. Some increased mod presence would be nice, not because the current moderation is lacking, but simply because the trade forum is so big.

    Actually, there's one other thing that would be good. What about a forum event list? I know that the main site has one, but it's not constantly up to date. A forum list could at least be edited by the appropriate staff, and updated as soon as information is discovered.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Ol' US of A
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I think a thread for evolutionary trades would be great.
    That way, people could find other people who need such a service and trade with them.
    'Cause, sometimes, you'll arrange with someone to do this simple service, and they'll run off with your pokemon when you trade it to them.

    Past Sigs:[X][X][X]
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Banner!

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
    I think a thread for evolutionary trades would be great.
    That way, people could find other people who need such a service and trade with them.
    'Cause, sometimes, you'll arrange with someone to do this simple service, and they'll run off with your pokemon when you trade it to them.
    I'm not sure this would be viable for a thread. Most people know the GTS Evolution trick. I think, at best, have a locked sticky stating the steps of how to do the GTS Evolution trick might be helpful though. Kind of like what they have for the PBR section about the Unlockables for that game.

    I will volunteer to type this up. When it is completed I will pass it along to SkittyOnWailord, Ellie, or Erik Destler and request it be stickied in the trade forums.

    I think a sticky such as the one I stated woud help the users not get their Pokemon's stolen, and help the mods, so that a full, Evolution Trade thread wouldn't be necessary. Everybody wins!
    Last edited by James Bondage; 14th July 2009 at 3:40 PM.



  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,358

    Default

    You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.
    Were you responding to me, or Aeros?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
    I think a thread for evolutionary trades would be great.
    That way, people could find other people who need such a service and trade with them.
    'Cause, sometimes, you'll arrange with someone to do this simple service, and they'll run off with your pokemon when you trade it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    I'm not sure this would be viable for a thread. Most people know the GTS Evolution trick. I think, at best, have a locked sticky stating the steps of how to do the GTS Evolution trick might be helpful though. Kind of like what they have for the PBR section about the Unlockables for that game.

    I will volunteer to type this up. When it is completed I will pass it along to SkittyOnWailord, Ellie, or Erik Destler and request it be stickied in the trade forums.

    I think a sticky such as the one I stated woud help the users not get their Pokemon's stolen, and help the mods, so that a full, Evolution Trade thread wouldn't be necessary. Everybody wins!
    Also, isn't what you said a little hypocritical?

    "No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you..."

    Serebii will allow players to get "Ripped Off" if they aren't responsible for what they are trading, yet Serebii practices a "No Trade" policy with other Pokes (*cougharceuscough*), because they are affraid of hackers ripping people off?

    Could you make an attempt to at least be honest with people and let them know it is a case by case basis as to what we here at Serebii will follow the guidelines of, when we are bored, and if we feel like it.

    Below would be the example of what I would be talking about forn not all that many posts ago......

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

    Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

    Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    All right guys, let's try not to derail this thread. It's suggestions, not debating back and forth :/.

    Anyways, the reasoning behind some Pokemon (Arceus, shiny Jirachi, etc) being "forbidden" is that they're in such high demand with so few available that many of them are likely to be hacks. The Movie Arceus will not lift its ban, but if a WiFi event for Arceus (even if it's only for Japan) will lift it because it'll increase the number of available ones greatly. Same thing if there is ever a SRable Jirachi or Celebi event. If you don't like that rule, PM Joe himself because that's his rule.

    As for the other Japanese events being available, they're not in as high of a demand. Yes, PCP is popular, but you can still get a regular shiny Pichu, as such it's not in quite as high of a demand. This is the only way to get a legit Arceus so far, so it's in very high demand and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get a legitimate one (barring AR clones, because SPPf doesn't endorse using AR, even for cloning).
    Case and point, everyone must understand the mods here at Serebii will moderate your trade when when, and if, they feel like it.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 15th July 2009 at 3:13 AM.



  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Ol' US of A
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.
    What I'm saying is that if people are able to find other people who want the same service, then there is less of a chance of them running off during the trade because the other person still has their pokemon. The pokemon, in effect, become collaterl (sp?) so that the other person will hold up their end of the deal.

    Past Sigs:[X][X][X]
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Banner!

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    I'm not sure this would be viable for a thread. Most people know the GTS Evolution trick. I think, at best, have a locked sticky stating the steps of how to do the GTS Evolution trick might be helpful though. Kind of like what they have for the PBR section about the Unlockables for that game.

    I will volunteer to type this up. When it is completed I will pass it along to SkittyOnWailord, Ellie, or Erik Destler and request it be stickied in the trade forums.

    I think a sticky such as the one I stated woud help the users not get their Pokemon's stolen, and help the mods, so that a full, Evolution Trade thread wouldn't be necessary. Everybody wins!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    You say that sometimes people run off with it, but setting up a specific thread for it won't change that. No matter what rules we set up, ultimately, the only one responsible for your trades and making sure you don't get ripped off is you, and that would still apply with a specific thread, so I really don't see how that's helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
    What I'm saying is that if people are able to find other people who want the same service, then there is less of a chance of them running off during the trade because the other person still has their pokemon. The pokemon, in effect, become collaterl (sp?) so that the other person will hold up their end of the deal.
    Jesus Christ, did either of you bother reading my post??? Here, I will post a shortened version of what I said I was going to type up before...

    Step 1) Put the Pokemon you want to evolve onto the GTS, and ask for something impossible in return (i.e. A level 1-9 Charizard).

    Step 2) Search for, and trade for something that is easily obtainable, and a person wouldn't be asking alot for (i.e. A low level Bidoof).

    Step 3) When that trade has been completed, take back the Pokemon you ofered for the level 1-9 Charizard. It will Evolve.

    *side note* This also works for Pokemon that need held items to evolve, as well. Just make sure they are holding the correct hold item.



    REALLY...do you think an entire thread needs to be devoted to the forums for something that is really that easy???
    Last edited by James Bondage; 15th July 2009 at 4:46 PM.



  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,358

    Default

    I was responding to Aeros. And you're being quite rude, so stop it if you don't want to get punished. That statement is not true at all. We put rules/guidelines in place to help people not get scammed, but as far as "services" go, we can't do anything if your Pokemon gets stolen. We're not magic and can't take your Pokemon from the other person's game and give it back to you. My main point is that making a thread like that won't change that fact. So stop making assumptions.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  12. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I was responding to Aeros. And you're being quite rude, so stop it if you don't want to get punished. That statement is not true at all. We put rules/guidelines in place to help people not get scammed, but as far as "services" go, we can't do anything if your Pokemon gets stolen. We're not magic and can't take your Pokemon from the other person's game and give it back to you. My main point is that making a thread like that won't change that fact. So stop making assumptions.
    Sorry for being rude, but that would be my point. You can put rules in place to assist users to not get scammed in an evoluution trade, but those same rule don't apply to that new poke that has been deemed unmetionable in these threads. Really...What gives???



  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,358

    Default

    Huh? The rule DOES apply. Arceus isn't allowed because it's too easy to get scammed. You're not making sense.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Don't know if anyone has suggested thsi yet but, an ID Number trading thread.
    Basicly go to jubilife, find your ID number out for the day. post it and see if anyone is willing to help, or can help
    LF :
    Bold Suicune
    IV Breeder
    Modest Arceus (Just to check if mines cloned I don't want to trade for it)
    Plat FC : 4425 8642 1109

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Huh? The rule DOES apply. Arceus isn't allowed because it's too easy to get scammed. You're not making sense.
    Which is part of my point. The mods are willing to try and help those that got scammed in the forums on something like an evolution trade, but the mods are not able to do the same with certain, specific event pokes. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I know this might be a little far fetched, but couldn't there be one or two people that could moderate ONLY the event thread?
    Last edited by James Bondage; 18th July 2009 at 3:15 AM.



  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    129

    Default

    what about making a thread that only goes for lvl 100 EV trained pokemon?
    I don't play Platinum anymore and now my WiFi is not working.
    I'm going to get new WiFi with the release of the Europian HG and SS.
    Proud owner of 4 Eigakan Arceus

    My claims:
    Pokemon: Arceus (ground)
    Song: Was It Me, The Exploited



    Credit for the Banner goes to Skiyomi

    I own the Yu-Gi-Oh! fan club, come and join us ~


    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon4evr View Post
    Stupid hormones. Stupid boobs. Stupid hot girls.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    340

    Default

    an ev trained thread would be a gd addition. not all level their trained pokemon to 100 though, only some who have the time do so. it would be better to leave it open for any who ev train pokemon and then trade them off
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

    IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GMT -6
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Amrod View Post
    an ev trained thread would be a gd addition. not all level their trained pokemon to 100 though, only some who have the time do so. it would be better to leave it open for any who ev train pokemon and then trade them off
    that´s a good idea, to leave open that fact, it would be better to request if the person want the pokemon to be at lvl 100 or just EV trained...

    I still say a IV thread would be nice too...
        Spoiler:- FC's:


        Spoiler:- my Gen IV pokemon list::


        Spoiler:- my Gen V pokemon list::

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    340

    Default

    maybe they can be combined into one thread? there aint much point in my opinion making 2 threads wen it doesnt seem to be necessary
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

    IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    strathaven near glasgow
    Posts
    11

    Default

    can you plz go to pe2k/forum and change the trade thread to te way they have it its sooooooooo much beter
    in game name - jmac
    fc- 2423-3241-4813

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DD dark World
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    Which is part of my point. The mods are willing to try and help those that got scammed in the forums on something like an evolution trade, but the mods are not able to do the same with certain, specific event pokes. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I know this might be a little far fetched, but couldn't there be one or two people that could moderate ONLY the event thread?


    i wanna be the MOD of the Event Trade Thread
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

    Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA!
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Don't know if anyone has suggested thsi yet but, an ID Number trading thread.
    Basicly go to jubilife, find your ID number out for the day. post it and see if anyone is willing to help, or can help
    I like this idea it's a good way to share and get new id numbers to help increase your chances!

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5

    Cool

    ok I am very new around here but I do have a suggestion. I am a MOD for a tcg site (no not a pokemon tcg site) and one of the best additions we had was the i trader system. Basicly what this does is it allows people to give you a plus or a minus and a comment with your trades. If you trade a hacked pokemon then you get a minus. If you are a good trader you get a plus. This way I can look at someone and see that they have a rating of 231 (my current rating on other said site) and I know that that is a person I can trust. I think this can go a long way to helping people out. It also scares off a lot of the hackers or people who steal pokes. Just an idea but it really does work out well.

    FC: 2707 3507 6051 (Use for trades)
    FC: 4468 9768 6249 (Use for battle/breeding)

    I am looking for the following Shiny Bugs:
    Parasect, Surskit (with Hydro Pump)
    I am the Red Dragons Bug E4 Leader. PM me if you want to challenge my gym.


  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VSU Dragon View Post
    ok I am very new around here but I do have a suggestion. I am a MOD for a tcg site (no not a pokemon tcg site) and one of the best additions we had was the i trader system. Basicly what this does is it allows people to give you a plus or a minus and a comment with your trades. If you trade a hacked pokemon then you get a minus. If you are a good trader you get a plus. This way I can look at someone and see that they have a rating of 231 (my current rating on other said site) and I know that that is a person I can trust. I think this can go a long way to helping people out. It also scares off a lot of the hackers or people who steal pokes. Just an idea but it really does work out well.
    That sounds like the reputation system, which can be quite abused and was ultimately decided not to be re-started due to some technical error. The thread might still be in the Announcements forum.

    And I don't think people deserve to get tarnished if someone unknowingly trades a hacked Pokemon, especially when it isn't an obvious hack (IE isn't on the visible summary of a Pokemon).
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default hello everyone

    i would like for the trade forum to feature a time zone clock or link to time zone clock i am really horrible with the whole time zone thing and i think it would help a lot of people with there trades so if is possible i think the would be a major help to the trade forum as well for the battle forum plus it would help keep trades in order that's my suggestion

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •