Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the Trade Forum

hey what about a thread for egg move pokes?
        Spoiler:- FC's:

Spoiler:- my Gen IV pokemon list::

Spoiler:- my Gen V pokemon list::

i think the same Pok(e)xpert there should be a seperate thread in the trade forum where you only trade ev`d pokemon.

Quick update I forgot to put in this thread yesterday

-Pokerus can now be traded in the Item Trading Thread (it's kind of like an item... right? Plus a whole thread dedicated to just Pokerus seemed a little excessive)
    -There is now a sticky where you can trade for eggmoved Pokemon

Other things are being considered. Please remember to only post if you have something to add onto the discussion rather than just "I agree with x"

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I honestly don't think it's that bad. Sure, the trade forum has a lot of people not giving a lot of details or not following the rules of a thread (particularly in regards to event exclusive Pokemon), but that's not an inherent flaw in the system. That's just becuase people don't read the first post.

Anyway, I like that each Pokemon family has it's own thread. It's not perfect, but good enough for me.

We've already got an Item, Event, Shiny, and Egg move thread. I think there should be a specific thread for EV trained, and then another thread for IV bred Pokemon/breeding projects.

With the EV trained thread, a poster should be required to list the Pokemon's nature, EV spread, move set, and (option, not required) IV spread.

IV bred/breeding projects could probably be merged into the Egg Move Poke thread. Since IV checking is a huge hassle without hacking or tons of IV battles, maybe have the breeder just list the IVs of the parents and if an Everstone was use. And note if the Pokes are hatched or still in eggs.

Now on the subject of individual user-done threads:

I'm personally against this, for a vareity of reasons.

It creates an environment of elitism, where if certain traders don't like you, your thread is just going to be bumped off of page 1 quickly due to the 20 megathreads that get posts like "r u online?" and "oops gotta grab leftovers"

People can't manage to follow the rules now. I don't see how most traders here can be responsible enough to do basic crap like editing their OP, listing their friend code, updating their trade list, etc...

However, if individual trade threads do come back, I highly suggest moderation be on. And that those approving/rejecting threads have a good depth of knowledge regarding Event pokemon, mechanics that go into breeding (EVs, IVS, egg moves, natures), items, and so on.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

i think we should have a our own threads
    plus we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others

Quote Originally Posted by manga13 View Post
    we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others
    I agree I also think we should have a platinum move tutor thread

Quote Originally Posted by manga13 View Post
    i think we should have a our own threads
    plus we could have a trade thread for ev'd pokes,iv breeding and ev training for others
    Wouldent that make it more confusing?Having our own threads?The rest I agree with.

I think having our own threads would be a big problem...and a hard time for the mods
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??

Yes, I strongly agree that there should be an EV thread, finding EVs on the other trade threads are too hard.
    Yup, believe it or not, I have finally gotten my hands on every single solitary pokemon. Thanks, SPPF!

i think that each pokemon should have their own thread besides having their evolve forms with them so it would be easier to just skim down to find them besides going down and looking for one of their evolve forms names
    Black FC:2494 3568 1942
    PokeDex Complete list
    -

BigMac84 is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I like the kanto johto hoenn and sinnoh thread thing but it would be cool if it could be clicked on, then it would go to recent threads posted by anybody about pokemon in that region. It would help get more trades in because everyone wouldn't need to PM all the time and the topics would be more recent. Some posts are from weeks ago and you go to send them a PM and realize that they haven't even been online for days. Just an opinion but i think it would work out pretty nicely.
    Jack- FC- 4082 3225 0014

Best Breeder IN THE WORLD-MooJDK. Bar-none. If you wanna poke badly he's your guy

IMO,^this looks annoying...i think serebii nid to remove that...

and having own thread wasn't the best idea for Serebiiforums...but,one more thing>Event Trading Thread=sucks,coz someone will double-posting,or even triple...and TRADERS will post his/her list again and again in the new page of the topic,XD...and some traders have a HUGE list,if we wanna find sth,IMO>it hurts my eyes so much sometimes...although there's a button [CTRL+F]...

i haven't came here for several days...Ellie added sth[this topic]...wow,KOOl...open-minded,i should say "finally"

anyway,it's juz my opinions....but i hope i can get some solutions for ya...
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

where can i try and trade items with people?
    is there a thread for that?
    if so it's hard to find.
    if not. WHY THE HELL NOT.
    It's like the most obvious thing ever. and desperately needed.
    Click here for chapter one of a humorous and great pokemon fan fiction story written by me. Please leave a review!

D/P Pokedex 493/493 completed 8 sept 07 (Started 27 June 07)
    Him: Last Night I came out on top, Double Team leading into a Submission.
    Me: Are we still talking about Pokemon?
    Think about it!

I think the simplest thing to do is to let people make there own threads and shops. HOWEVER, if the shop thread hasn't been active for two weeks, LOCK IT! If the person doesn't request it re-opened within two weeks after the lock, REMOVE IT entirely. This way everyone can show everything they have to offer, but with the cap on how long it can be inactive before a lock, and then being removed, it would almost remove the excess posts for multiple threads by the same people over and over again. Everyone gets one thread, and it stays active. They can update there as needed. (Posts wouldn't count towards total post count)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
    There's nothing on there.

I like the Idea of a shop thread in every member profile, but wouldn´t it be to difficult for the mods to ensure all people follow the rules?

i would like the trade forum moderators to be better informed of what pokemon can be obtained legitimately. partly because i have two infractions for asking for a pokemon that can be be gotten legitimately
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Amrod View Post
    i would like the trade forum moderators to be better informed of what pokemon can be obtained legitimately. partly because i have two infractions for asking for a pokemon that can be be gotten legitimately
    are you talking about the arceus? because I got punished for asking for one, and in pokemon secure said it was release alredy in japan... if the information about the release of arceus was correct then I would also like the mods know about it...

no i was asking for a shiny jirachi, which can be obtained legitimately from wishmaker bonus disc and pokemon channel
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by pkfan View Post
    are you talking about the arceus? because I got punished for asking for one, and in pokemon secure said it was release alredy in japan... if the information about the release of arceus was correct then I would also like the mods know about it...
    Because Serebii has a "US shores" rule, which states that until the event is in America, you can't request/trade them.

Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Because Serebii has a "US shores" rule, which states that until the event is in America, you can't request/trade them.
    I don´t think that is entirely true, because we can ask for the shokotan pichu and that is a japanese only event... I think you are talking about the arceus thread in this forum, wich will be opened until the release of arceus in américa...

but in the case that it is true then why? why we cannot ask for the jap evnets? we also wish to have them...

probably alot of people already said this but, EV trained poke thread
    ~

I don´t think that is entirely true, because we can ask for the shokotan pichu and that is a japanese only event... I think you are talking about the arceus thread in this forum, wich will be opened until the release of arceus in américa...

but in the case that it is true then why? why we cannot ask for the jap evnets? we also wish to have them...
    SPPF has had a "Till US shores" rule for the big event legendaries. In this case, Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin. All other events that either were Japanese exclusive, such as the Pokecenter Eevees, or events that had a Japanese release first and elsewhere later (Saikyo and TRU Dragonite, Movie/TRU Regigias) have been allowed to be traded since the Japanese release.

I honestly don't think this rule makes sense. Wi-Fi trading has made the Pokemon trading community much smaller. Due to cloning (glitch cloning and, unfortunately, AR/hack cloning), people brining multiple DS carts to events, or even people just plain generous, events exclusive to Japan are able to be obtained in a legit fashion by people elsewhere. I even know a handful of people on a foreign exchange program in Japan, and a few will be getting the soon-to-be-released Arceus.

Now then, I think a more sensible rule would be:

Ban all Japanese exclusive events: In the case of ones that get releases elsewhere, then allow the Japanese counterparts too. This applies the same rules to all Japanese only events, instead of different ones which make little/no sense. Or...

Allow JApanese exclusive events soon after the event take place: Let's face the facts, people already trade these events here anyway. Usually via PM/VM. And even though VMs and PMs can be reported and regulated, they often aren't. Even in the Event thread, a post can be there for days asking for a movie event before it gets deleted, if it ever does.

I'm personally in favor of the second, even though I got out of event trading long ago and have no desire to get back into it. I'm always in favor of letting it happen publicly so it can be moderated, rather than it be banned and it gets done via AIM or PMs. But at least both of these solutions put all Japanese exclusive events on an even scale.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.

Movie for Arceus has been distributed by Theater Tokyo and Osaka at June 5.So,pre-released Arceus is spreading now...but someone have making us disappointed...making hacks and spreading around lovely traders...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Amrod View Post
    no i was asking for a shiny jirachi, which can be obtained legitimately from wishmaker bonus disc and pokemon channel
    WISKMKR can be shiny...and ONLY a few GBA events can be shiny...but not 10 ANIV/ANNI/ANNIV/JAHRE

Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    yea,that's right...Admins & Mods =sick of hacks,aswell as me

hacking=terrible...so,it's not allowed here

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    For those of you wanting to know about the Arceus Event, it is officiallly being released IN JAPAN on the 18th of this month.

Also, I have PM'd SkittyOnWailord about the US Shores rule, and Skitty does not personally agree with it, stating that iwas the majority decision of other mods here at Serebii to have that rule. This rule is in place due to the possibilty of hack being traded.

Though I can see the moderators points on this, any SERIOUS event collectors are going to know the difference. The US Shores rule should be removed. It should be the responsability of the people trading to know EXACTLY what they are trading to each other. What happens on the forums would be a moderators bussiness, what happens while trading Pokes on the Nintendo DS, however, should not be.
    yea,exactly
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast