Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the Trade Forum

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    That sounds like the reputation system, which can be quite abused and was ultimately decided not to be re-started due to some technical error. The thread might still be in the Announcements forum.

And I don't think people deserve to get tarnished if someone unknowingly trades a hacked Pokemon, especially when it isn't an obvious hack (IE isn't on the visible summary of a Pokemon).
    Well again if you trade for a poke from someone else then you should let the other person who you are then trading it to that you got it in a trade. This kinda handles that whole problem.
    Also it is not nearlly as horrible as the rep system. The rep system is just dumb IMO we tried that as well and quickly got rid of it. The way this system works is before you actually do the trade both people have to let the system know that they are doing the trade. Then after the trade you can rate that person. The best part is once someone gives you a raiting then cannot add to your raiting score. So you can't have two friends try to just constanly bump each other or a circle of ten (as with the Rep system) just sit there and go in a circle of reps bumping. The thing is it is kinda like a safety blanket. For new people to the site. I know I am new and I haven't got a clue as to who is trustworthy and who isn't. So if I trade for a hacked I'm like that sux and I can just write it my notebook and remember not to trade with that person again.

FC: 2707 3507 6051 (Use for trades)
    FC: 4468 9768 6249 (Use for battle/breeding)

I am looking for the following Shiny Bugs:
    Parasect, Surskit (with Hydro Pump)
    I am the Red Dragons Bug E4 Leader. PM me if you want to challenge my gym.

Quote Originally Posted by VSU Dragon View Post
    ok I am very new around here but I do have a suggestion. I am a MOD for a tcg site (no not a pokemon tcg site) and one of the best additions we had was the i trader system. Basicly what this does is it allows people to give you a plus or a minus and a comment with your trades. If you trade a hacked pokemon then you get a minus. If you are a good trader you get a plus. This way I can look at someone and see that they have a rating of 231 (my current rating on other said site) and I know that that is a person I can trust. I think this can go a long way to helping people out. It also scares off a lot of the hackers or people who steal pokes. Just an idea but it really does work out well.
    This sounds alot like E-Bay.

Cool

in a way it is sim to E-Bay.

FC: 2707 3507 6051 (Use for trades)
    FC: 4468 9768 6249 (Use for battle/breeding)

I am looking for the following Shiny Bugs:
    Parasect, Surskit (with Hydro Pump)
    I am the Red Dragons Bug E4 Leader. PM me if you want to challenge my gym.

We appreciate all of the suggestions we've received. At the moment, we're considering a number of changes to the Trade Forum; hence this thread is being seen as somewhat redundant, and will be closed for now.
    Diamond FC: 2706 8220 2460
    Platinum FC: 3524 0330 2972

ok guys

this thread is being re-opened for the time being, but please keep any suggestions civil. also note that the TF mods are already discussing some changes, so you may see some soon. and remember that there is no guarantee of anything suggested being done, no matter who/how many people support something.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I'd like to see a IV trading thread, something like you ask for a pokemon in the specific egg group and what stat you want with a 31 IV and the breed you one using their power item and so on and so forth.
    Claimed
    Also claimed ~~~> Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
    Chrono <~~~ Claimed him too

SS FC: 5328 5607 6558 <---Thats the only game I own

Are you looking for starters, fossil pokemon, version exclusives or other breedable pokemon? Then come visit my trade shop :O

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=466926

Hey Ellie. Some things may or may not have been said on here before, but I think either way, they need to be said again.

The Serebii trading forums are, well, not that great, which is why this topic exists. Here's a few problems/suggestions I have.

1) The load times are terrible, and it's not my network. It's whomever is hosting the servers, not sure what you can or would do but it's definitely an issue right off the bat.

2) People need to be able to make their own various threads. Instead of me posting in a trade thread for events, let me make my own topic. A new forum for groups like EV, shiny, events would work.

3) I don't think forums for specific gen/Pokemon is so great. I think it could all go into one giant topic for small requests. That seems to clutter up the board but a single topic would work much better.

@Ellie, I'm thinking you would make it like ours where we distinguish certain things and then model the way we make topics after Neoseeker. I think that is ultimately the best thing for a forum like this.

Personally as a trader, because of these issues with the board, I don't use it, as big as a trader I have been in the past. I really hope that some of the staff agrees with me on some issues and allows some changes to be made.
    Pokemon FC Code: 4081 4998 9111 Michael
    Over 1000 event files
    Can check events via best known methods

an Xpress thread of some sort for Quick Trades of Pokemon & misc.

maybe ther is one that im missing... im silly like that
    molly ~ Generation III ~ Pokémon Nurse

I reckon, that the trade forums should be separated from the battle forums because, I noticed that whenever i check the wifi centre, the heading/ new threads are very often from the battle forum. When this happens, people/new forum users would not be bothered checking the trade forums. By separating both sub-forums, this problem would not exist.
    My Soul Silver=Terry 0775 9252 4636
    White FC= Jan 4255 3671 0525
    I RNG abuse.

Default Egg Trading

I think you should add a Egg Spinning forum so some of us can trade our eggs and get stuff radomly.
    Pokemon X FC: 2063-0035-5069

Hi,

i think that if members could have a personal page where they put all thier list, your way to do things could be great.

Folks wouldn't put a fast request and have to do it again 3 pages later if no answer...
    We just would have to put our name on the thread and admin could edit first post with name list.
    That way, if (for exemple) i'd like to see EV'd pkm, i go on the thread, first page.
    Seeing the name witch subscribed here, i visit thier personal page and PM them if interested by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagoon View Post
    Hi,

i think that if members could have a personal page where they put all thier list, your way to do things could be great.

Folks wouldn't put a fast request and have to do it again 3 pages later if no answer...
    We just would have to put our name on the thread and admin could edit first post with name list.
    That way, if (for exemple) i'd like to see EV'd pkm, i go on the thread, first page.
    Seeing the name witch subscribed here, i visit thier personal page and PM them if interested by something.

You mean Trade Shops? We already have those here.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You mean Trade Shops? We already have those here.
    Oh... it was after all the families thing.
    Yes and no.

Well i don't think i would have had that idea if i found the trade shop place when i was looking for it ^^

But...
    the forum seems to have difficulties, it's very slow.

If members get thier owne page, everything could be done with PM and it would be much easier to find what you're looking for thanks to the name list on approprieted threads.

Default Spam and eggs.

REALLY!
    is it necessary to spam every friggin' thread on the trade page?
    WHEN YOUR POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POKEMON THREAD YOUR SPAMMING ALL OVER!!!

REALLY!
    is it realistic or fair to ask for rare or special pokemon then follow with something to the effect of "i just started my game so I don't have very much to offer...(whine,whine,sniff,snort)

REALLY!
    do you have to post offers that are obviously hacked?
    The Generous Blue Raja
    "The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."-Jules Winfield
    I am always searching for FLAWLESS RNG POKEMON especially non-shiny ones!
    I am one of the 99%

My trade thread-

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=559562
    my friend code 0690 7267 4567

Default egg spinning

Quote Originally Posted by Centipod128 View Post
    I think you should add a Egg Spinning forum so some of us can trade our eggs and get stuff radomly.
    are you are suggesting that we wouldn't tell eachother whats in the egg? i REALLY like this idea because you could end up with something pretty good, plus there is the element of surprise. a bonus of this is that you cannot exactly get 'scammed'. For example, if i trade a phione egg and i get a magikarp back, it not actually that bad, all i lost was an egg that can easily be replaced, and also the magikarp could have decent ivs or beneficial nature, so when eveolved is actually pretty.
    so yeah, i completeley back this improvement and hope it has been noticed

Egg spinning forum does sound cool, and i have plenty of eggs with egg move pokemon in them. (i bred one of each pokemon, shuffled the eggs and a bunch of us played through our gen 4 games with random teams) i dont recall seeing the option outside of the union room tho... is the spin option available in the wifi dungeon?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

How about adding place to offer free pokes? sometime i got leftover breeding, shame to trash them. also can offering new ppl starter pokes, so they wouldnt keep asking and have nothing to offer.
    Y-3ds
    Ben-Flying with Pidgey, Rufflet, and Swanna
    0259-0489-9393
    SV:407

IV MM so far:
    shiny 6v 31/31/31/31/31/31
    shiny furfrou 5v x/31/31/31/31/31
    shiny male snorunt 5v 31/31/x/31/31/31
    shiny feebas male 5v 31/31/x/31/31/31
    shiny fennekin 4v x/x/31/31/31/31
    shiny fennekin HA 5v 31/31/31/x/31/31
    shiny fennekin 5v 31/x/31/31/31/31
    shiny piplup 5v 31/x/31/31/31/31

I personally wouldn't mind seeing an RNG trading thread. I know there's some dispute over whether or not RNG is considered cheating, but I know a lot of people wouldn't mind trading for pokemon that have been RNG'd and might actually prefer to trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath89 View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing an RNG trading thread. I know there's some dispute over whether or not RNG is considered cheating, but I know a lot of people wouldn't mind trading for pokemon that have been RNG'd and might actually prefer to trade for them.
    I second this idea. I would definitely use that thread a lot. =D
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

I suggest that you put up a thread on guidelines for people who are new. Like, for example, don't make ridiculous offers (like your shiny flawless jolly birth-island deoxys for my bidoof).
    3DS FC: 0731-4784-5302
    Looking for: Leftovers, Near flawless kalos born legendaries
    For trade flawless shinies: Jolly Heracross, Adamant Scizor, Impish Skarmory, Jolly tyranitar, Bold Chansey, Bold Cofagrius, Adamant Evee and more.
    PM me for more details

What if we set up a live chat box? Like a simple one, and anyone who's willing to do a trade will be on there and be like "Hey!" and the benefits of it being a live chat instead of a forum would be the fact that you know that who you're talking to is instantly available rather than IMing eachother here trying to figure out a time.

Quote Originally Posted by KMilliron View Post
    What if we set up a live chat box? Like a simple one, and anyone who's willing to do a trade will be on there and be like "Hey!" and the benefits of it being a live chat instead of a forum would be the fact that you know that who you're talking to is instantly available rather than IMing eachother here trying to figure out a time.
    there is a chat room, http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml
    Y-3ds
    Ben-Flying with Pidgey, Rufflet, and Swanna
    0259-0489-9393
    SV:407

IV MM so far:
    shiny 6v 31/31/31/31/31/31
    shiny furfrou 5v x/31/31/31/31/31
    shiny male snorunt 5v 31/31/x/31/31/31
    shiny feebas male 5v 31/31/x/31/31/31
    shiny fennekin 4v x/x/31/31/31/31
    shiny fennekin HA 5v 31/31/31/x/31/31
    shiny fennekin 5v 31/x/31/31/31/31
    shiny piplup 5v 31/x/31/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by fd203 View Post
    there is a chat room, http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml
    Sorry I must have missed that. Thanks for the link.

And as for egg spinning my friend and I do that all the time. It'd be epic to do it on a larger scale!
    IGN: KM
    FC: 4899 3197 7347

I looked and didn't see, but how about a topic specifically for evolving pokemon that require trading. It'd make finding someone to help you evolve those certain pokemon easier.
    I clone my Pokemon. If you want clones of our trade back ask me.

^^Click for Shop^^
    Black FC: 0304 0608 2474
    ^^Wifi Battles^^
    XBox Live: Phetty x

How about a Thread for Black & White starter Trading?

Could help those who are buying it in Europe on Friday, get all 3 starters before they start their quest?

I like to start with all 3, maybe others 2?
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast