Thread: Is Getting HG/SS Recommended before going to B/W 2?

Default Is Getting HG/SS Recommended before going to B/W 2?

As stated above, after I beat Pokemon Black which I just got, should I get this game? I kind of want to be ready for X and Y which means buying a 3DS(Which I'm kinda sad about having to spend over $100 for one), so is this game a needed game to get more knowledge of Gen 5? I played Gen 2 the original back in the day so for the most part I know alot of the game but is this game that much more different that its needed to gain a better knowledge of this gen?

Thanks in advance

Jus to piggyback on this thread. I am starting with this game HG an playing all the way through. Any advice or ideas are welcome. Like pokemon to use or things to grab early and hold onto for later games Maybe which eevees to use early on in certain games. Don't be afraid to share any ideas. Or wht you did. My mind is blown regularly on this site. Everyone has such in depth and great ideas. Thanks
    Last edited by 3fiddy; 8th August 2013 at 6:43 PM.

My advice if starting HG/SS is to use the Pokewalker as much as possible very early on. It allows you to get some of the better Pokes in your party much earlier than you're supposed to. I got my Starmie and Honchcrow that way, and possibly my Rhyhorn, but that may have been from the safari zone.

Quote Originally Posted by stupot View Post
    My advice if starting HG/SS is to use the Pokewalker as much as possible very early on. It allows you to get some of the better Pokes in your party much earlier than you're supposed to. I got my Starmie and Honchcrow that way, and possibly my Rhyhorn, but that may have been from the safari zone.
    Good idea. That's why I couldn't wait to start over. I'm loaded with starting pokes. Traded over lvl 1s Elekid, Vaporeon, and Munchlax. Plus magmar lvl 17. All ab lvl 30 now. Going with 4 so they not under leveled. I'm jus taking my time really. Fun to play

If you want some older gen Pokemon easier then yeah get HG/SS

Like the guy above me said only ifyou want to transfer older pokes from 4thgen but other than that i don't think its necessary also gtting the game(with pokewalker) now might be a little difficult. Side note gamestop is now selling SoulSilver(game only) for $44.99!
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Yes yes yes! Soul Silver is honestly one of my favorite pokemon titles thus far. I love the touch-only interface, the beautiful music and artwork, and the fact that you can walk with any pokemon you want to (both in-game and with the pokewalker). It's a veritable work of art, very unique from the other games. You have to experience playing it. :3
    What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^