Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Mewtwo?

Hybrid View

Default What happened to Mewtwo?

I was wondering one thing, was Mewtwo captured by the Team Rocket elite at the end of FireRed and LeafGreen Arc?

No I don't think so he probably teleported away

Sird captured him, I guess so. At least when she shot a beam from some kind of a ball towards Deoxys, Mewtwo and the Dexholders jumped in the way, and after that we haven't seen Mewtwo yet the kids were stoned by the beam.

I thought that Sird said something like she have captured something just as nice as Dexoy or something like that?

It's extremely sad to see mewtwo getting captured by Team Rocket once again.

She said "Something unexpected happened when they were struck by the attack intended for Deoxys... Deoxys has escaped, but it seems I have reaped something of equal value in return.", if I'm not mistaken. After saying that, she just smiled, said "Goodbye for ever, my dear Pokédex owners." and left.

Spoiler:- spoilers from the end of the Emerald chapter:

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPalkia View Post
    She said "Something unexpected happened when they were struck by the attack intended for Deoxys... Deoxys has escaped, but it seems I have reaped something of equal value in return.", if I'm not mistaken. After saying that, she just smiled, said "Goodbye for ever, my dear Pokédex owners." and left.

Spoiler:- spoilers from the end of the Emerald chapter:
    The Set Armor Was Sird if you people actually have the volume ( I do) in order to obtain he Archie killed Maxie. Major Spoilers, btw.

Mewtwo is rumored to have shielded the others causing them to turn to stone.

I think its logical. Mewtwo never used teleport in the manga, Ever.

Plus Sird dies I think.
    The Ice on her from Lorelei is extremely dangerous and you can see it freezing her body at the end. And After the freezing, she said farewell dear pokedex owner and you can see the words similiar to : Shatter or something.
    Last edited by Ryousha; 9th July 2009 at 3:56 AM.

It's most likely Mewtwo just teleported away.

Sird's statement was due to the fact that the Dex Holders, major enemies, had been turned to stone.

It's unknown what happened to Mewtwo, so it either just teleported away or was sent to some random place to become a plot device.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

tbh, I am not sure about Mewtwo's fate. Sird's statement was vague, maybe intentionaly so? I think the writers wanted to keep an option for Mewtwo to return later if necessary but also to have a simpler reason (glee at the Dex Holders' turned to stone) if they chose to go w/ a different plot. Right now I feel they have plenty other legends that will be dealt w/ before Mewtwo returns.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

Personally, I think Mewtwo is just coldblooded.
    Mew is better than Mettwo, but when I was smaller (12) I thought that Mew evolved into Mewtwo.

I guess they don't evolve from or to each other at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GriZzm0 View Post
    Personally, I think Mewtwo is just coldblooded.
    Mew is better than Mettwo, but when I was smaller (12) I thought that Mew evolved into Mewtwo.

I guess they don't evolve from or to each other at all.

How is mewtwo coldhearted? I mean he is at R/G/B/ but later on he's a cool dude and help take down Team Rocket.

If you ask me whos cruel is Archie and Maxie.

Basically, Mewtwo has dissapeared for the moment so he can either

A) become a future plot device

B) Show up as a deux ex machina later on.

I personally think it's B.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Mewtwo got away from the time being.

Anyway one day he'll star in another movie with all the legendarys.
    Dreams always come true.
    Just need to make the extra distance.

Cyndaquil is mine ha ha

Future Heart Gold Team

Long Live Umbreon = Like Umbreon?
    Put this on your profile LLU (Started by Albo58)

Was that a joke? Otherwise you are confusing Mewtwo from the 1st movie & DTV sequel Mewtwo Returns w/ the manga.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

you want to know what happened to mewtwo?

I captured him!!! mwhaahahahahaha!

annnnyways, i think mewtwo was abducted by team rocket and was taken back to have his memories erased, so he could help team rocket.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

The real answer to what happened to Mewtwo?

HE FELL INTO A PLOT HOLE, TO BE USED AS A PLOT DEVICE/DEUX EX MACHINA LATER ON.

THAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

>_<

well, thats a bit strange, but you have a point.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Default Captured

Of course Mewtwo was captured! What's all that nonsense about teleporting? It is attacking Sird along with Pokedex Owners one second and running away in fear second after? Does that make sense? Answer - not at all. Because of Deoxys battle it was very weak - also Sird's Ball didn't look like a normal Pokeball/Greatball/Ultraball whatever. What kind of ball uses such beam to do a long-distance Pokemon capture? Mewtwo was captured, and is now in Team Galactic filthy hands!

Quote Originally Posted by kudo_shinichi View Post
    Of course Mewtwo was captured! What's all that nonsense about teleporting? It is attacking Sird along with Pokedex Owners one second and running away in fear second after? Does that make sense? Answer - not at all. Because of Deoxys battle it was very weak - also Sird's Ball didn't look like a normal Pokeball/Greatball/Ultraball whatever. What kind of ball uses such beam to do a long-distance Pokemon capture? Mewtwo was captured, and is now in Team Galactic filthy hands!
    Someone doesn't check up on facts much.

Alright, first off. Teleporting away certainly isn't running away in fear, especially if half the city's population is about to rush to where you are.

Mewtwo needs to lay low, remember?

Second, the pokeball Sird used was the pokeball Deoxys was originally in from what I can tell (The beam of light that came out makes sense if it's just the return beam). So no, she wasn't trying to capture Deoxys, she was trying to return it.

That basically makes it impossible for Mewtwo to have been captured.

Besides, Mewtwo was captured before, and its personality remained intact. Even if Sird somehow captured it, it would run at the nearest opportunity.

IN OTHER WORDS, MEWTWO FELL INTO A PLOT HOLE TO BE USED AS A FUTURE PLOT DEVICE/DEUS EX MACHINA! UNDERSTAND YET?

>_<

I've thinking about that too. Hopefully they'll go into that in the HG/SS arc of the manga.

I really wanna know what happened to Mewtwo. If hes all fighting his little self off and battling to the death, then he disappears with a trace what happened to him o_o he was shown A-lot so its impossible he was forgotten. Only 2 opinions here:

1. He was captured unknownly by Sird/TR (even though she made that weird statement that was said in a earlier post)
    2. He teleported unknownly somehow during all the chaos

not sure......

I think I see Mewtwo in late of DP chapter

Sird imply that she injured from lorelei's special ice attack and must cure herself in Kanto.

After she recover, she say she look for escaping Deoxy.

But she is chased by Mewtwo , so she escape to Sinnoh in late of DP chapter.

This I state that Mewtwo remain in Kanto and isn't captured yet.

I don't think anyone knows where Mewtwo went besides the author (Hidenori Kusaka) and illustrator (Satoshi Yamamoto), lol. The "disappearance" of Mewtwo and petrification of the Pokedex holders are left as cliffhangers, probably going to be resolved in the Diamond and Pearl chapter.

The Pokeball was made by Team Rocket, so it definitely is a "special ball," lol. That Pokeball, used by Sird in order to disable Deoxys, unleashed a powerful energy beam, which the Pokedex holders (and Mewtwo?) blocked with their bodies, and therefore, were turned to stone.

I don't know why the energy caused the Pokedex holders to turn to stone, but the energy must have been powerful, since the Pokeball, like I said before, was made by Team Rocket. The Pokeball was probably manufactured with the idea of capturing Deoxys or another powerful Pokemon in mind; and since Pokemon have a stronger will to survive than humans, the energy must have overwhelmed the Pokedex holders' bodies. And of course, every cliffhanger is supposed to make the plot interesting. XD

You can view the specific manga panel again here: http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/…
    http://www.xtmmo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyteddy View Post
    I don't think anyone knows where Mewtwo went besides the author (Hidenori Kusaka) and illustrator (Satoshi Yamamoto), lol. The "disappearance" of Mewtwo and petrification of the Pokedex holders are left as cliffhangers, probably going to be resolved in the Diamond and Pearl chapter.

The Pokeball was made by Team Rocket, so it definitely is a "special ball," lol. That Pokeball, used by Sird in order to disable Deoxys, unleashed a powerful energy beam, which the Pokedex holders (and Mewtwo?) blocked with their bodies, and therefore, were turned to stone.

I don't know why the energy caused the Pokedex holders to turn to stone, but the energy must have been powerful, since the Pokeball, like I said before, was made by Team Rocket. The Pokeball was probably manufactured with the idea of capturing Deoxys or another powerful Pokemon in mind; and since Pokemon have a stronger will to survive than humans, the energy must have overwhelmed the Pokedex holders' bodies. And of course, every cliffhanger is supposed to make the plot interesting. XD
    What are you talking about?

The Diamond and Pearl chapter finished almost two years ago.

We know what happened to Mewtwo. He chased after Sird, but she managed to escape.

His current whereabouts are unknown.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 27th October 2012 at 5:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What are you talking about?

The Diamond and Pearl chapter finished almost two years ago.

We know what happened to Mewtwo. He chased after Sird, but she managed to escape.

His current whereabouts are unknown.
    So his current status is still a mystery (well, not as much as it was before Sird explained some backstories in the DP arc). Well, it's not like he's in danger but it hasn't been revealed to the audience that Mewtwo found out that the petrified dexholders are fine now...if he was one of the passengers on the boats at the end of the Emerald arc then that would solve it (but then again that would spoil the mystery of what happened to him after Sird fired that beam at that time). So for all we know Mewtwo may probably be still flying around trying to find Sird still thinking that confronting her will cure the petrifications of the Dexholders. And isn't there a signature move for Mewtwo introduced in Generation V? Shouldn't he be present in order to show off that move? Mewtwo's whereabouts are still, at best, a mystery, even though a lot of questions got answered recently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast