Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the turtle View Post
    I must update my list at some point so that it includes Ensiferum. Victory Song is the best song in the world. That is a fact in the same manner that 2+2=4.
    So, it doesn't apply in Oceania?

I tried to listen to Muse's The Resistance earlier this week. I'm afraid, I still don't get how people like them so... The only song on that album that I like is "Uprising." Somebody PLEASE explain this band to me!

U2 and coldplay
    FC: 0947 1637 9212
    I believe competitive battling should be with your favorite pokemon , not with pokemon that are just powerful , no pokemon is better than another , its how you use them , Put this in your sig and challenge someone to a battle with your favorite pokemon (Started by frozenthrone101)
    If you want to do a trade , you must have at least posted 20 times ,

CLAIMS : the move razor leaf , its brought me through
    hell, and Empoleon , the pushover i turned into an uber
    and 'Soap' Mactavish (modern warfare 2 ) ,

So, it doesn't apply in Oceania?
    Que?

I tried to listen to Muse's The Resistance earlier this week. I'm afraid, I still don't get how people like them so... The only song on that album that I like is "Uprising." Somebody PLEASE explain this band to me!
    As I keep saying, they suck. Also, I notice the one song you like is the one they completely ripped off from the Dr. Who soundtrack. Just listen to the rhythm and the way the synths come in. Blatant copyright infringement.

You're my wife now!

Que?
    1984 reference. See, Oceania is where the story takes place, and there, 2+2=5...

Also, I notice the one song you like is the one they completely ripped off from the Dr. Who soundtrack. Just listen to the rhythm and the way the synths come in. Blatant copyright infringement.
    I did notice that. I noticed it way too much. (And there's one part when the synths come in that remind me of a similar by in Tool's "The Pot." Christ, talk about your influences...)

does no one like pink floyd ;[

I must update my list at some point so that it includes Ensiferum. Victory Song is the best song in the world. That is a fact in the same manner that 2+2=4.
    I whole heartedly agree. absolutely Amazing.

1984 reference. See, Oceania is where the story takes place, and there, 2+2=5...
    Ah yes, I remember that now. I never really cared for 1984 so it didn't click with me.

does no one like pink floyd ;[
    We do, we just don't have time to comment on the fact that you like them because, well, we don't really care :/

You're my wife now!

Im not sure ive posted in here properly.

anyway using last.fm's 'paste your taste'

I'm into black metal, folk, rock, metal and instrumental, including:
    Martin Simpson, Dream Theater, Annwn, Moonsorrow, Blind Guardian, Dropkick Murphys, Opeth, Kalisia, Forefather, Anathema, Ensiferum, Summoning, Elvis Costello, NOFX, Bathory, Atheist, Jean-Michel Jarre, Amon Amarth, Pink Floyd, DragonForce, Eluveitie, Windrider, Johnny Cash, Enslaved, Equilibrium, Elton John, Iron Maiden, Dekapitator, Tangerine Dream, Týr, Nic Jones, Turisas, Kitaro, Kreator, Folkearth, Edguy, Ramones, Finsterforst, Manowar, Bellowhead, Khors, The Houghton Weavers, Sabaton, Burzum, Tuatha De Danann, Orthodox Celts, Ulver, Magnum, Crom, Obituary.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/AnnihiSlateR18

also here's a nice image of my favorite bands of the last 3 months (again from last.fm)

Spoiler:- Last 3 months:

As I Lay Dying, Arsis, Abigail Williams, A.C., Alice in Chains, The Black Dahlia Murder, Brain Drill, Black Flag, Cattle Decapitation, Cannibal Corpse, CaBT, Dissection, Dark Tranquility, Dead Kennedys, Escape the Fate, Exhorder, The Faceless, Glassjaw, In Flames, Job For A Cowboy, Kreator, Lamb of God, Metallica (albums 1-4), Megadeth, Muse (the only artsy-prog band I like), MyChildren MyBride, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Oceano, Pantera, The Red Chord, Rammstein, Slayer, Suicide Silence, Thrice, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Underoath (first two albums; not the popular stuff), Vader, Whitechapel, etc.

Those are off the top of my head. I listen to metal, hardcore, and grind mostly. Though you'll note some screamo, industrial, and grunge on there.
    Pokefan of 12 years.

5 favorite bands:
    Three Days Grace
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Breaking Benjamin
    Metalica
    Rise Against
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Brad View Post
    What food does Taco Bell sell? Is it a chicken place like KFC?
    Omg ^

Muse (the only artsy-prog band I like)
    Muse could hardly be called arty... or prog for that matter.

You're my wife now!

i think thats a bit unfair it was a simple question u retard i didnt ask u to answer it like that. I asked does no one like pinkfloyd.
    wow just joined here and what a bunch of retards ;[

4:
    gothminister
    hammerfall
    bullet for my valentine
    slayer

i think thats a bit unfair it was a simple question u retard i didnt ask u to answer it like that. I asked does no one like pinkfloyd.
    Notice how loads of people have actually put that they do like them in their lists. Try actually reading other people's posts. If you really want to elicit discussion on the band then actually ask a pertinent question.

wow just joined here and what a bunch of retards ;[
    Seeing as how I'm the only one who said anything to you you might want to revise that statement. Everyone else has been perfectly polite to you, your beef is with me, not anyone else.

You're my wife now!

just the general feeling i get from these forums. people arguing, people leaving im sure i aint the only person that thinks this

Insulting people hardly helps to alleviate the atmosphere you so detest. I was once an idealist like you, then I thought fuck it, when in Rome...

Anyways, back on topic. I think listening to Ensiferum has rekindled some of my lost love for power metal, as I now fnd myself listening to some Manowar, which I haven't done in far too long.
    Last edited by Tim the turtle; 6th November 2009 at 5:56 PM.

You're my wife now!

Anyways, back on topic. I think listening to Ensiferum has rekindled some of my lost love for power metal, as I now fnd myself listening to some Manowar, which I haven't done in far too long.
    Ensiferum and power metal? i can hear bits of it. but I would say they were far from it. more melodic death/folk. but its irrelevant arguing such a minor point.

I'm still 50/50 with manowar. Some of their stuf is amazing. but some is just Bad.

Ive been in a proper folk mood lately.
    (helped by Play's sale on Topic Records.)

I think I see the similarities more in terms of theme rather then actual music. Both power and folk I always saw as very uplifting and "epic" genres.

You're my wife now!

Prog is a term subject to heavy debate. In my book, it's something outside of their genre norm. That progresses beyond the typical sound. As for artsy, I meant that to be tongue-in-cheek, not an actual definition.
    Pokefan of 12 years.

Prog tends to refer to a specific genre of music. Compare e.g. King Crimson with Muse. You'll notice quite a difference...

Disturbed
    Metallica
    Linkin Park
    Iron Maiden
    Green Day
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Dragonforce
    Three Days Grace
    Tenacious D
    Bon Jovi
    Nickelback
    System of a Down
    Rise Against
    Formerly, Chariking

Evanecsence, Slipknot, Fly Leaf, Linkin Park, Disterbed, Fire Flight, Tokyo Hotel, Cold Play, 3 Days Grace, 3 Doors Down, My Chemical Romance, Bullet For My Valintine, Green Day, Paramore, Hakari, Scarf, etc etc etc.

._. I listion to A LOT of music.
    [img]http://i25.*******.com/rt1738.jpg[/img]
    "Light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the on that travels the farthest."-Axel KH 358/2 Days, Clock Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Prog tends to refer to a specific genre of music. Compare e.g. King Crimson with Muse. You'll notice quite a difference...
    yeah there is sort of prog music.

but also music that is progressive.
    an example of the latter would be enslaved imo. if you listen to all their albums you notice they have definitely prgressed.

My top 6
    Greenday
    Paramore
    Breaking Benjamin
    My Chemical Romance
    Tokio Hotel
    Maximum the Hormone
    ]

Off the top of my head is:

No Doubt
    Paramore
    Evanescence
    Tokio Hotel
    Nickelback
    Green Day

Maybe Muse. I dunno. Haven't heard enough of them. There was another band too I haven't heard enough of but their name escapes me...

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast