Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

Ho-oh DPPtHGSS Pokédex page
    Ho-oh is 438.7 lbs.

Slaking's 4th Generation Pokémon of the Week page
    Worry Seed does not work on Pokémon with the Truant ability. I found this out the hard way.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 8th April 2010 at 6:45 PM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Link: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/trade.shtml

Mistake: Steelix trade with Jasmine, you DO NOT need to have beaten her in the rematch to have the offer. I have not had a rematch with her and have done the Steelix trade. I do not know if you need her number or not, because I had it when I did the trade.

the legendary birds in heargold soulsilver are able to be caught before all 16 gym badges are collected im not sure exactly when but i explored the seafoam islands before challenging blaine and was able to challenge articuno

So I just got my national dex and I went to the SS Aqua and found a few trainers and looked at Pokearth to find they weren't on there.

1F:
    Firebreather Lyle:
    Koffing Lv 36
    Koffing Lv (I accidently beat it instead of seeing its level so I would guess it would be the same as the other one)
    Flareon Lv 39

Sailor Stanly
    Machop Lv 39
    Machoke Lv 41
    Psyduck Lv 34

B1F
    (Has near the same team as Juggler Fritz from GSC so I think that is his name but I skipped through it)
    Mr. Mime Lv (same situation)
    Magmar Lv 37
    Machoke Lv 37

Sailor Jeff
    Makuhita Lv. 40
    Raticate Lv 40

Picknicker Debra
    Seaking Lv 41

Also Note that for almost all of the trainers listed in that section, I never battled them and I looked everywhere it may have to do with whatever the J->K thing is but I didn't see any of those trainers in either of the J->K or J<-K. Also there may be others a lot of them I missed, but I didn't start looking at the Pokearth page until much later.

I say recheck the trainers on the SS Anne just incase and to make sure the trainers you have on there are correct.
    Last edited by MetaPheonixPal; 10th April 2010 at 8:47 PM.

Ok. Thank you. I'll double check it all

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/joht...html#hgss-1f-3

In Mt. Mortar 1f-3, you forgot to add the Super Nerd (forget name) that uses a Seadra. I found that strange considering that he's in the picture you used for that area.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/joht...html#hgss-1f-3

In Mt. Mortar 1f-3, you forgot to add the Super Nerd (forget name) that uses a Seadra. I found that strange considering that he's in the picture you used for that area.

Error: On the Pok&#233;mon List section on episode 456, you show the list of Pok&#233;mon used by Jesse and James twice, and both times show two of each Wobbuffet and Mime Jr.

Link: http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/456.shtml

When you let your mouse hover over the Valley Windworks on the Pokearth map, it says Valley Windwords

Error: On Shuppets pokedex page, it says to obtain in Diamond and Pearl you need to breed Shuppet. Shouldnt it say breed Banette

Link: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/353.shtml

Error I just got Erika's phone number at 2:37 PM (14:37) on a Sunday, so her times are off.
    Link http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...-rematch.shtml

Error "The PokéGear and map are also marked with an exclamation mark for the area when a swarm exists." There are no exclamation points for swarms, they mark trainer rematches only
    Link http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/swarms.shtml

(I am using NTSC HeartGold for this information)
    Last edited by Link3710; 11th April 2010 at 8:52 PM. Reason: second error

Serebii. On the same balls page you forgot to include the Sport Ball.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

With the 4th generation Pokemon, the heading is labeled DP. It should be DPPt, to acknowledge the existence of Platinum.

on the Poke'gear Phonebook for kurt's number it says that you can call to check if your pokeballs have been turned into apricorns, it should be reverse
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...earphone.shtml

picture thanks to Rika_of_thunder

Man1337ric thanks to BynineB
    Intuition is knowing without knowing how you know.
    -Lonnie Helgeson

Serebii, there are a lot of wrong and or missing details on the HG/SS Gym Leader Rematches pages. Some of these have been mentioned but:

1. You have to have beaten Janine before you can get Falkner's number
    2. You have to get all 16 badges before you can get Brock's, Misty's, and Blaine's numbers
    3) Suicune does not appear until after you have defeated Misty, not the other way around.
    4) You need to have all 16 badges before you can schedule rematches with the gym leaders.
    5) When getting Lt. Surge's number, you have to capture Zapdos, only capture, not defeat.
    6) Daisy will only give you Blue's number after seven massages, not five.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/eg...tml#energyball

I don't know if this is a mistake so much as an oversight, but in order to get Energy Ball on Vulpix/Ninetails you have to breed it. Energy ball is a TM move, which none of the Pokemon Ninetails can breed with learn through level up (so none are listed), but Girafarig, Stantler, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Grumpig, and Leafeon can all through Energy Ball through TM, and then pass it to the Vulpix. This isn't on the page, which makes it look like the only way to get Energy ball on Vulpix is through Smeargle.

Ok seriously, the Purugly sprite thing isn't a joke. Just look at my avatar. It's the same way on the site.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

The legendary dogs from the event have extreme speed also
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

Here in this section of the Trainer Rematch page, it is stated that Lass Dana has a level 31 Golduck during your second battle with her. However, I recently fought her for the second time and she did not have a Golduck, but she did have a level 31 Psyduck.

The Psyduck does not evolve until the third match.

Your capture mechanics page is still using an old, outdated formula which may or may not have been correct at the time of G/S/C but most certainly isn't now. It also gets the following balls wrong:

- Love Balls only give their bonus for Pokémon not just of the opposite gender but also the same species as yours
    - Quick Balls only give a 4x bonus on the very first turn of the battle but revert to 1x immediately after that
    - Heavy Balls give +20 for more than 451.5 lbs, +30 for more than 677.3 lbs, +40 for more than 903.0 lbs, and -20 for everything else.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

While I'm willing to admit that the Apricorn Balls from HGSS may have changed some what, I'm fairly certain that I'm not wrong with the Quick Ball. Everywhere else agrees with me

Everywhere except the game program, that is. In-game testing has also confirmed it, as I can personally vouch for; go on and try it yourself, throwing Quick Balls at some full-health Pidgey on the second turn of battle. If it were still 4x, it should be a guaranteed capture, but you'll find it only catches it a third of the time, like a normal Pokéball.

a_magical_me disassembled the capture routines of both D/P/Pt and HG/SS the other day and found all this out. Bulbapedia was corrected following this, but it looks like somebody's gone and changed it back in the meantime (which is no wonder when sites such as yours still have it wrong).

Also, Love Balls have only ever worked on Pokémon of both the same species and opposite gender. Come on, how broken would they be otherwise? And the actual formula you use is still wrong.
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 16th April 2010 at 12:23 PM.

The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Do you have the correct formula?

I'll speak with Veekun next time I see him just for clarification

http://www.dragonflycave.com/capture.aspx has the formulas and more details of a_magical_me's findings.

Morphic

Thanks. I'm going to have to check this out a bit before I change things though

Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast