Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Default Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

It's here! It's here! It's here at last!

DIMENSIONS OF DARKNESS BOOK 2: THE EXPLORERS OF THE CORE

(Rated PG-13 for peril, mild fantasy violence, and themes of death)

A note to all who read this: This is a sequel to Dimensions of Darkness Book 1: The Explorers of Nightmares. If you haven't read the first book, I suggest clicking on the link in my signature and reading it first.

Well, I know there wasn't much of a break between this book and the last one, but I was too anxious to wait any longer. And first, and most importantly, I'd like to thank everyone who read and critiqued on my last thread. I couldn't have done it without you!

Spoiler:- Character List-SPOILERS:

Spoiler:- Attack List-SPOILERS:

Spoiler:- Aura Attacks:

Spoiler:- Table of Contents:

"Movie Trailer"-Minor Spoilers

Soundtrack-No Spoilers

Spoiler:- PM List:

And now...It begins!

Prologue

Deep beneath the earth, the shadows writhed. A dark presence was in their midst, and it upset them to no end. They were drawn to it, following it, curling down the tunnel like wisps of smoke.

Up ahead, a strange, ruin-like structure stood. The lone figure traversing the tunnels gingerly floated forward above the floor of the ruins until he reached the center of the strange pattern that reached out in every direction, spanning the entire chamber.

Slowly, surely, his two legs expanded out from within his body until they touched the floor. Now, he was standing right in the middle of the circle at the enormous design's center.

There was a flash of blue light and three small relics, held inside a small bag draped across the figure's back, began to glow. As they glowed, the pattern glowed, reaching across the floor, walls, and ceiling, showering the entire chamber with blue light. The figure quickly darted for cover as the floor of the chamber split down the middle, yawning open until there was a huge, black, gaping chasm. And from deep within, there was an earth-shattering roar. Chunks of stone fell from the walls and ceiling, forcing the figure to duck back and forth to avoid being crushed.

"Yes, yes!" the figure smiled to himself. "Come forth, and this Core shall be yours for the taking!"

And then, with yet another explosive roar, a monster shot out of the gorge in the floor. It's body, enormous and serpentine, coiled and uncoiled as it bellowed centuries worth of rage into the darkness of the earth. Rayquaza was free.

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 24th November 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

So the monster is Rayquaza! Darkrai must have let it free to attack Piplup, Chimchar, Grovyle and Dusknoir. The four of them can take it. After all, three got past the Hidden Land, two defeated Dialga, and one almost beat the three with very minor help from lackeys. Can't wait for the first chapter!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Oh no, not Rayquaza too! *_*

...surely there must be a reason Rayquaza is on Darkrai's side...

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Always loving a new book ^_^
    That's not even a page long, are you sure the mods will accept this?
    BTW, why Rayquaza? The monster's Rayquaza?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

I didn't think the prologue had to be any certain length. Oh well, show's how much I know.

Chapter 1
    The Shadow is Cast

The Core had always been a peaceful place. Pokemon of all sorts lived here, but they all managed to live together without segregation or prejudice, without war or fighting. Even Pokemon which had thought only to have existed in ancient times still thrived in this underground haven.

All Pokemon of the Core lived in the single city found beneath the earth's crust. It was quite large, and it was spread out over a large area. All of the buildings were stone, carved out of the earth itself. Food and water were plentiful due to the underground springs and the berries and fruit that grew near them. There was no lack in light, either, for the walls and ceiling of the tremendous chamber were coated with glowing blue cave moss. It was the perfect safe haven for Pokemon.

And then, the shadow was cast.

It started with the town's two respected leaders, Rampardos and Bastiodon. They were both well known and widely loved. They were fair, just, and understanding. Because of this, it was this leading duo who was put in charge of the city's emergency army, in case any warring party from the surface were ever to arrive. However, few knew of the Core at all, and those who did would never dare to venture there. So, the army was never used, and the city was happy.

One day, something crept over the city. A darkness overcame the city, and an ominous wind blew in from somewhere. There was never wind in the Core.

While the other Pokemon sought shelter, Rampardos and Bastiodon climbed to the top of their capitol building. The enormous stone structure reached almost to the ceiling of the chamber, and it provided them a bird's-eye view of the entire city. They knew something was wrong. They waited for it. They gave the command, and their army, formed completely of Cranidos and Shieldon, was ready for battle. They were ready, if necessary, for war.

The other citizens were safe in their homes, but the leaders were in the open. They were sitting ducks. Slowly, the powers of darkness overcame them. Their eyes grew black and emotionless, and even their physical features were shadowed.

The shadow had been cast.

Immediately, Rampardos and Bastiodon called in their army. The attack order was given. The townspeople were taken by surprise as the Cranidos and Shieldon legion began to tear the town apart, bit by bit. There was panic in the streets, and none could stop the attack. Why their leaders had betrayed them, nobody knew, but it had still happened.

But things were about to go from bad to worse. There was an enormous roar, shaking the entire city. As if given an unseen command, the army retreated from the city, fleeing deeper into the Core. Rampardos and Bastiodon were right behind them. Their new master was taking over the rest. Just as the townspeople thought that peace had finally been restored, they instead found it shattered beyond repair.

The beast was free. Rayquaza, the monster of legend, had been unleashed. He had been trapped in an earthy prison long ago by the Pokemon of the Core because of his previous crimes. Rayquaza had razed entire villages, leaving not a structure behind that was not reduced to ash. He was a primieval creature, with little to no intelligent thought. So why now he seemed to be in control of an entire army was impercievable.

As Rayquaza swooped down over the city, the Pokemon tried to run away. Only two escaped. The townspeople were scattered and trapped. The buildings were demolished. Only the capitol building was left undamaged, and that is where Rayquaza made his new home. He perched on the roof, coiled around the sides to keep from falling. Rampardos and Bastiodon, who had returned after the devastation was done, also took residence up in the capitol, along with the rest of the army. And so, the Core was in Rayquaza's control.

But hope may not be lost. Two Pokemon escaped Rayquaza's wrath. Perhaps those two are enough to turn the tides...

"-pant pant-"

"-gasp gasp-"

"A-Are we clear yet?"

"P-Probably, but we can't be sure. K-Keep moving!"

"I don't think I can much longer. I'm weakening."

"Alright. We'll take a short break."

The two figures stopped, making sure they had not been followed. As the smaller figure, who floated in the air, caught her breath, the other closed his eyes and lifted his hand. The 'sensors' on his head lifted up, hanging in the air despite the lack of physical force. His hands glowed blue and he could immediately see the entire area around him, even though his eyes were closed.

"So do you sense anyone?" the smaller figure inquired. Her long, thin tail twisted anxiously in the air behind her.

The taller, somewhat humanoid figure shook his head. "Nobody followed us...Look out!" He sensed the auras only a few steps behind him too late.

The two figures whirled around, fully expecting to see Rampardos and Bastiodon, or Rayquaza himself right behind them. What they saw wasn't much better. Three hulking titans were looming over them. One appeared to be made out of boulders, one was carved from ice, and the last was molded from iron. None of them looked happy.

Hope you all like it!

EDIT: Oh crap, this one's pretty short too. Don't worry, this was just another introductory chapter. They'll get longer from now on.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 25th June 2011 at 8:42 AM.

Author's Profile

Great Chapter! I wonder who the Pokemon that escaped are....... I think what the two figures saw were Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Guess I'll have to wait until the next chapter!

White 2:

this is awesome, i loved how you put lucario in it! i read your first book and i am anxious to see the next few chapters

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

WOW, I keep forgetting to post it, but I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!
    The eye of the storm, centre of the all rage;
    How come to thee, the endless die'd light...

P.S. Yami Ryu, if you're reading this, I'd just like to tell you that you have the same birthday as The Queen! ;D

I know one is Riolu, but i'm not sure about the other one. My gut feeling is Eevee, but it says "who floated in the air" and "thin tail twisted anxiously in the air behind her".

The three figures represent Regirock, Registeel and Regice leading me to believe that the Pokemon of the Core is Regigias.

Spoiler:- The two are:

Makes sense, right?

Anyway, a good start to a sequil to an awesome fic! Keep up the good work.
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhonchcrow View Post
    I know one is Riolu, but i'm not sure about the other one. My gut feeling is Eevee, but it says "who floated in the air" and "thin tail twisted anxiously in the air behind her".

The three figures represent Regirock, Registeel and Regice leading me to believe that the Pokemon of the Core is Regigias.
    in riolu's descriptions and in the anime, it cant use aura powers yet, which means its lucario

and the pokemon of the core is rayquaza, it said it in the prologue

and obviously its mew

anyway, why do people envision Darkrai as evil? in the movie he sacrificed himself to save Alamos, in Ranger it was being controlled(CONTROLLED) and rampaged because they ticked him off with mind control. and in the anime episode, he jut comes on the new moon

Pokedex description says he inflicts people with nightmares, BUT MEANS NO HARM

although it is a pretty good twist, maybe there will be a good Darkrai that fights him

He's here on our backs
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

I've put up a character list now, for those who need to check it out.

Also, I didn't pick to make Darkrai the main villain, that's just what he is in the games.

Author's Profile

Oh yes i havent gotten to the darkrai mission yet in Time lol but are you forgetting that rayquaza is in the sky stairs in the games? so based on the games and TV episodes, there is only ONE of each legendary, but nevertheless, its a good twist

He's here on our backs
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Yeah, but since Rayquaza isn't a Pokemon of the main storyline in the games, I've put him in the Core in my story.

Author's Profile

Chapter 2
    The Gifts of the Moss God

All was silent. All was dark.

Time seemed to slow as the quartet of heroes plummeted deeper into the earth's crust. The walls rushing passed seemed to slow, but the ground below was still not visible.

"Ok, I didn't think our adventure would end this fast."

"Or this painfully."

"We don't know that it's going to be painful."

"Yes, we do."

"Alright, we do."

"At least it could be worse."

"How?"

"..."

"That's what I thought."

The two partners still managed to smile as they plunged to their doom. They could always make each other laugh, even when times were at their bleakest. And those times could get pretty bleak. But they always pulled through. No matter how highly the odds were stacked against them, they always pulled through. They were the ultimate team. They were unstoppable, completely invincible together. They were Team Pokepals. More than anything else, though, they were the best of friends. Most people would believe that they were connected at the hip. Some would even go to say that they shared the same consciousness: A single entity inhabiting two bodies. They were Piplup and Chimchar.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but now is not exactly the time to be having a casual conversation."

The two struggled to turn in the air to face their former nemesis Dusknoir. He was a Pokemon from the future who had tried to outright destroy them before, but he'd eventually defected to the good side after escaping from the dark future. Piplup still didn't entirely trust Dusknoir, but he put up with him because of the fourth member of their party.

"I don't get this. This is supposed to be the entrance to the Core. So why would it be a dead drop to doom?"

Dusknoir sighed. "Oh Grovyle, that's just how life works."

Grovyle was another Pokemon from the future. He had been the main target of Dusknoir's rage for quite a while because he was trying to save the world. However, after teaming up with Dusknoir to escape the future, the two had developed a friendship.

Now, the two, along with Piplup and Chimchar, were journeying into the Core of the earth in order to pursue the evil Darkrai. Darkrai was trying to freeze all of time so that he could rule over the paralyzed planet. To do this, he had stolen three Time Gears, from Fogbound Lake, Underground Lake, and Crystal Lake. This caused time around the lakes to freeze, in the process freezing Piplup, Chimchar, and Grovyle's friends Chatot and Celebi in time. Now, Darkrai was taking the Time Gears to the deepest reaches of the Core, where the Wheel of Time was located. If Darkrai was to put the Time Gears in the Wheel and turn it, then all time would freeze, leaving the world his kingdom and the Pokemon his slaves. But the Wheel of Time works two ways. If three Time Gears are placed in it, it can be turned two ways. One way will freeze time, but the other will restore all frozen time. Piplup and his gang were out to stop Darkrai, reclaim the Time Gears, and use them in the Wheel of Time to unfreeze time at the three lakes and release their friends. Unfortunatly, it looked like their mission was failing quickly. And it would be messy.

"No, Dusknoir," Grovyle frowned. "There's got to be something we're missing. This is the only known entrance into the Core, so there's got to be something!"

Chimchar shrugged. "Maybe we'll land in water."

Abruptly, a soft glow was visible beneath. It clearly illuminated the hard stone ground awaiting the plummeting Pokemon.

"It was a good thought," Dusknoir commented.

"Search the walls!" Grovyle ordered. "Maybe there's some sort of hidden lever or button."

Everybody managed to maneuver themselves to the walls of the pit and desperately slid their hands across them. The ground was rushing up fast.

"What are the odds we'll find a switch?" Dusknoir hollered.

Grovyle shrugged. "Do you have something better to do?"

Dusknoir pondered the question briefly, then went back to searching the walls whizzing by.

Piplup waved his arms frantically across the wall. 'This couldn't be the end. We've all come so far, it can't end here.'

Slowly, unnoticeably, a soft silver glow enveloped Piplup's arms. Chimchar, Grovyle, and Dusknoir were all too preoccupied to feel the sudden electrical buzz in the air.

'Come on, come on!' Piplup put all of his focus into finding anything to save them. 'Chimchar, Grovyle, even Dusknoir, I've got to do something! It can't end like this!'

The glow continued on to surround Piplup's entire body, covering him in a sparkling silver veil. Still, nobody noticed.

Then, with a flash, a streak of silver shot down the wall. It ran down through the grooves in the wall, rushing like water. In a matter of seconds, the flow had reached the floor, which was getting ever closer. It branched out across the stone, illuminating it brightly with silver.

"What's happening?" Piplup gasped. He had seen the flash below, though he had no idea what'd caused it.

Grovyle gasped. "I-I have no idea!"

Chimchar smiled. "We must've triggered a button after all!"

"But what will happen?" Dusknoir mused. "And will it happen in time?" The ground was only a hundred feet away.

Then, it happened. Slowly at first, a small patch of moss popped out of the floor. Then another, then another, and more and more until the entire floor was covered with a thick layer of spongy silver moss. "Amazing!" Grovyle remarked.

"Moss?" Chimchar was skeptical. "We're being saved by moss?"

Dusknoir shrugged. "Hopefully. It looks pretty thick, but you can never tell."

They all hit the soft growth of moss coating the earth simultaneously, bouncing forward onto the stone floor.

"Owww!!!"

Chimchar rubbed his bottom, cringing. Piplup restrained himself from doing the same.

"Hey, at least you're not a splat on the rocks," Dusknoir pointed out.

Grovyle stared away from the others in awe. "We're here," he whispered.

Piplup turned to see where Grovyle was looking. There, stretching out ahead of them was a long, gaping tunnel. The walls were glowing bluish-green, illuminating the passageway ahead.

"Why are the walls glowing?" Chimchar wondered. "Or more importantly, how?"

Grovyle scraped the wall gingerly and lifted up his hand. The color of the wall was wrapped around the tip of his finger. "It's moss. All of it's moss."

"So this is the mysterious light source spoken of in the legends," Dusknoir guessed.

"What's up with all this moss?" Chimchar inquired. "Is there some kind of moss god watching out for us?"

Piplup shrugged. "If there is, he's going to be recieving a gift basket. Maybe with some little shampoos, and maybe some fruit, or fresh bread. And don't forget the thank you card."

"Let's go." Grovyle beckoned to the others. "We've got a long ways to go and a short time to get there."

As the four made their way into the tunnel, it was immediatley noticeable that the floor was sloping down. As if it were possible, they were heading even deeper into the Core.

"We've got a long ways to go and a short time to get there, all right," Piplup muttered. "And we're still eastbound and down."

Hope you all like it! And some of you had better get that easter egg at the end, or I'll be mad.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 30th January 2010 at 7:28 AM.

Author's Profile

The story's going along well... too bad I was lazy to read the first chapter because of repeating sentences

In honor of Mystica

Great chapter! For a second, I thought Piplup was evolving! I couldn't find the eater egg. Can I have a hint?

White 2:

The easter egg comes from one of the most popular movies of the 70's. And no, it's not Star Wars.

Author's Profile

Wasn't there a movie called "Eastbound and down"? Anyway, this was a good chapter as well, but I still want to know what happened to *bzzrbzt*. It will most likely be explained, being as one of them is *bzzrbzt*. Ah well.

Also, moss god? Geez, you've got a good sense of creativity!
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

"Eastbound and Down" is a song.

Author's Profile

Unfortunatley, it will still be a while before we return to the two escapees. Hope you all can wait for it!

Chapter 3
    The Downside of Not Having Arms

High atop the Capitol building, the tyrant of the Core was surveying his territory. Rayquaza, after being freed mysteriously from his earthy prison, had easily overtaken the city of the Core, and its leaders and army were on his side, too. The townsfolk were nowhere to be seen. All had been taken by the army. All looked bleak in this darkened world.

"Sir, there are intruders in the tunnels."

"..."

"No, we don't know where they came from."

"..."

"Well, that's true."

"Yes. Our only possible explanation is that they did indeed come from the surface world."

"..."

"Yes sir."

"Of course, sir. We'll send out an ambush party immediately."

"..."

Rampardos and Bastiodon turned away from Rayquaza and marched back inside the Capitol building. Their soldiers, all Cranidos and Shieldon, were filling the enormous stone tower, doing every job imaginable. Like slaves, they did all the dirty work that their leaders would have had to do otherwise.

"Listen up, boys!"

The group of soldiers in front of Rampardos looked up at the sound of his voice. The Cranidos all saluted, but the Shieldon were only able to gaze respectfully. (Yet another one of the downsides of not having arms.)

Bastiodon stepped up beside his partner. "We've got some intruders, boys!"

"And you know what we do with intruders, right?"

None of the soldiers answered. They all looked at the ground, avoiding the gazes of their bosses.

Bastiodon sighed. "What is it?"

"Er, well, sir," one particularly brave Cranidos stuttered. He shuffled his feet nervously. "Sir, we've never had an intruder."

An adjacent Shieldon nodded. "Yeah, we've never had an intruder. How are we supposed to know what to do?"

Rampardos growled, causing all of the soldierse to flinch back. "Just go get them! Annihilate them!"

"Sir yes sir!" The fossil Pokemon all turned and rushed off into the next room over.

"The exit's the other way!" Bastiodon screamed in frustration.

The soldiers all reappeared, sprinting back across the room and down the stone stairs.

"We are surrounded by idiots," Rampardos sighed.

Slowly, cautiously, a Cranidos poked its head back into the room. "Now what?" Bastiodon snarled.

"Er, you didn't tell us where the intruders are, sir."

"Just storm the tunnels! Anything you find, destroy! It's that simple!" Rampardos's voice shook the room.

"Of course sir! Sorry sir! On our way sir!" the Cranidos squeaked pitifully before stumbling back down the stairs.

After it was gone, the two lieutenants turned to each other. "It's so hard to find good help these days," Rampardos complained.

"Tell me about it!"

"We should have just done this personally. Then we know we'd get the job done."

"Well, we don't need to go and get our hands dirty. We can just coach from the sidelines."

"You don't even have hands."

"It's a figure of speech!"

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!"

Rampardos and Bastiodon froze at the sound of the roar. The entire Capitol building rumbled, sending small chunks of stone falling from the ceiling. "Sorry, Master Rayquaza, so sorry!" Rampardos apologized profusely. He was five floors below the serpentine tyrant, but he knew that the Pokemon could hear everything in the building. He was sure it could probably see everything in the building too.

"Yes, Master Rayquaza, so sorry!" Bastiodon howled. "We'll be quiet, we promise!"

Finally, the earth-shaking bellow subsided. All was calm, but the echoes of the sound could still be heard bouncing around the chamber housing the city. The Core was alive with the scream of the tyrant.

Piplup shuddered as the last, quiet echoes of the roar of some monstrous beast bounced down the tunnel. "Wh-what was that?"

"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough," Grovyle muttered. "The Wheel of Time lies deep within the Core. I doubt we're even halfway there."

"Yes, I'm sure of it," Dusknoir nodded grimly. "We'll have plenty of challenges along the way."

Chimchar shivered. "What kind of challenges?"

Dusknoir shrugged. "Who knows? It may be swarms of Ariados, or killer Beedril. Maybe bottomless pits or rivers of lava. We might even have to face monsters along the way."

"M-M-M-Monsters?"

"Yes Chimchar, monsters. You remember what the legends say. Almost all sources of information report that the Core is guarded by a tremendous monster." Grovyle frowned. It's a wonder we haven't encountered it yet."

Dusknoir straightened. "Speaking of such, we should probably make sure that we're not walking right to the monster. I'll scout ahead to make sure we're not walking to our deaths."

"I'll go with you." Grovyle stepped up beside Dusknoir. "We have no idea what lies ahead. If you get attacked, we don't want you to be on your own."

"Pah!" Dusknoir waved Grovyle off. "I can handle myself perfectly well, you know that!"

Grovyle shook his head. "We have no idea what all we might find down here. We could be overpowered easiliy."

Dusknoir sighed. "If you insist on accompanying me, I guess I can't stop you. But Piplup, Chimchar, you two have to stay here."

"What?" Piplup growled. "But what if you guys get in trouble?"

"The only reason we're going ahead is to scout to make sure it's safe for all of us to go," Grovyle explained. "If we all go, that completely eliminates the purpose."

Chimchar shrugged. "He's got a point."

"Fine," Piplup agreed. "But if you guys don't come back within a half hour, we're coming after you."

"Sounds fair," Dusknoir nodded. "And if we find anything bad, we run as fast as we can back here so that we can all fight it."

Grovyle grabbed Dusknoir by the shoulder and dragged him further down the tunnel. "Come on, we should make this quick."

Even after the two were gone, Piplup and Chimchar remained silent. There just didn't seem to be much to talk about.

"So, uh." Chimchar tried to think of something to say. "Wonderful weather we're having."

"What weather?"

"Oh, right."

"I still don't trust Dusknoir."

"That was random."

"No, I'm serious. The way he was trying to go off on his own at first was weird. It was like he had somewhere to be. Maybe he's trying to set a trap."

"Piplup, what possible reason would he have for that?"

"Revenge. Duh!"

"Well, Grovyle obviously trusts him."

"We trusted Dusknoir before, too."

"But then he tried to kill us."

"Well, Grovyle wouldn't trust him without reason."

"But maybe it's a false reason."

"You're getting paranoid."

"Besides, if Dusknoir was still an evil Pokemon, why would he have been brought back to life in the new future?"

"Maybe all of the Pokemon were brought back to life and Grovyle and Celebi just hadn't met any others yet."

"Grovyle said that Dusknoir saved him and Celebi and fought alongside them."

"He could have had his own reasons."

"Grovyle said that Dialga had said that they were all reborn in the new future because of 'a being on a higher tier even than himself.' Wouldn't this higher being have known if Dusknoir was an evil Pokemon? Wouldn't it have just left him in the Dark Future to be erased from existance?"

"..."

"Got ya there, didn't I?"

"...Wait, do you feel that?"

Chimchar frowned and focused hard. "No. What am I supposed to feel?"

Piplup layed flat on the ground, his head pressed to the earth. "There! I can feel vibrations in the ground!"

"Vibrations?" Chimchar did the same as Piplup, pressing his ear to the ground. "Oh! I can feel them! What do they mean?"

"I think it means..." Piplup trailed off.

Chimchar was leaping up and down in the air now. "Tell me, tell me!"

"I think it means that something's coming."

At that moment, the ground underneath Piplup's feet exploded.

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 4:27 AM.

Author's Profile

Piplup shrugged. "If there is, he's going to be recieving a gift basket. Maybe with some little shampoos, and maybe some fruit, or fresh bread. And don't forget the thank you card."
    ...I couldn't stop LOLing at this quote.

As for chapter 3, just one thing to say: if Dusknoir turns back to evil, then I swear I won't leave him alone >.> *has lazer gun ready*

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

I have my eyes on you two, Piplup and Chimchar =]

If it exploded, which means something bad is happening under Piplup's feet... well since it obviously could be Grovyle and Dusknoir battling the army, or the 2 mysterious figures =]

In honor of Mystica

Great chapter! Imagine if Dusknoir really is bad! I guess we will just have to wait for more. I think the Cranidos and Shieldon found Piplup and Cimchar.

White 2:

Will Dusknoir turn back to evil? What is now happening beneath Piplup and Chimchar's very feet? Just who are the two escapees from the city, and what role in the story will they play? All shall soon be revealed!

Chapter 4
    No. 88 and 89

"Aaaack!!!"

Piplup stumbled heavily onto his back as the ground underneath him erupted. Immediately, two figures leapt out of the hole to stand triumphantly over him.

"W-who are you?" Chimchar pointed at them shakily. "W-what's happening?"

"We did it, No.88!"

"The intruders are in our grasp, No.89!"

Piplup tried to rise, but the two legged figure referred to as No.89 shoved him back down. "W-why are you attacking us?"

"Ha ha! You question why we attack you?" This time, it was No.88. He was four-legged and his head was broad and gleaming.

Now, the dome-headed No.89 cut in. "Our question is why you're attacking us! So, why are you?"

Chimchar frowned. "But we aren't attacking you! We're just passing by, that's all!"

"What other reason would you have to be here?" No.89 challenged.

"Yeah!" No.88 agreed. "Nobody could possibly have business in the Core unless they were planning a massive attack!"

No.89 frowned. "But, isn't that what we-"

"Shut up!"

"Oh, sorry."

The Cranidos and Shieldon pair turned back to their victim just in time to see Piplup's Hydro Pump hitting them in the face. The two were thrown back hard, sending them splashing across the floor.

"Chimchar, go!" Piplup screamed.

Chimchar bounded forward, pouncing on No.88 and No.89 with Focus Punch. He slammed his fists square into both of their jaws, smashing them hard into the ground. "Got 'em!"

"Oh, so you think!" No.89 smiled. His head glowed blue and he rammed Chimchar suddenly with Zen Headbutt. As the two stumbled back, No.88 charged into Piplup with Iron Head.

"I've got him, No.89!" No.88 hollered. It was then that Piplup's Brick Break chopped him squarely on the head.

Piplup whooped. "Ah, but it is I who has you!"

"Yeeooow!"

No.89 shot straight up in the air, tail flaming from Chimchar's Flamethrower. As he crashed to the ground, No.88 landed beside him, propelled forward by another of Piplup's Hydro Pumps.

Piplup winked at Chimchar. "Let's rope 'em up!"

"But we don't have any rope."

"I was kidding."

"Sure you were."

"I was!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

"We could pull out the old Delta T9 plan!"

"Ah, yes, the old Whirlpool-Fire Spin-Blizzard trapper!"

"We haven't pulled that out for a while."

"You've got to love the classics."

"Nothin' more classic than the classics."

The discussion was cut short as Piplup and Chimchar were blasted onto their backs by the combined force of No.88's Stone Edge and No.89's Shock Wave. The Shieldon and Cranidos stood triumphantly over the "intruders". "Ha ha!" No.89 laughed. "We've got our intruders at last!"

And then, the pair was launched down the tunnel, disappearing quickly in a matter of seconds. Grovyle and Dusknoir stood in their place, grinning amusedly.

"You're welcome." The mouth on Dusknoir's stomach twitched into a smile.

"Guys!" Chimchar beamed. "You're alright!"

Dusknoir scoffed. "Of course we're alright! Did you expect we wouldn't be?"

"And it looks like we arrived in the nick of time." Grovyle turned anxiously to look behind him.

"Yeah, those guys were weird," Chimchar commented.

Piplup nodded. "Yeah. They said that we were attacking them, but they attacked first."

"But anyways," Chimchar asked. "You guys didn't have any problems then, did you?"

Grovyle shrugged. "Depends what you consider problems."

"What do you consider problems?" Piplup had a bad feeling.

"Would you say that the attack from that odd pair a minute ago was a problem?"

"I guess so."

"Well, those two were just scouts."

"Scouts?" Piplup's bad feeling was getting worse.

"Yes, scouts. If you considered those two a problem, get ready for a catastrophe."

At that moment, the tunnel began to quake and an enormous rumbling echoed throughout the cave. The rumbling of dozens upon dozens of charging feet. Slowly, the four Pokemon turned around. Bearing down on them was the entire army of Cranidos and Shieldon. They covered the ground like a moving carpet.

"Oh, yeah," Piplup sighed. "This a catastrophe."

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 4:01 AM.

Author's Profile

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast