Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Ohhhh...Em....Gee! Wow!

I'm a new reader it took me all day to read all of book 1 and up to this point of book 2 and I am just...wow! This is just amazing and so funny I loved the Ice Age 2 referance a few chapters back.

It's cool that good old Team Pokepals star in this story I've never found a fanfic of them til today. Ohhh but poor Grovyle Soo sad. Can't wait to read more!

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Sorry for the incredibly long delay. It's summer vacation now, so I should have plenty of time to post chapters now. I plan to get many more chapters done over the next few days, as I plan to wrap up this fic in July (specifically, the 19th). We'll see if I can make that happen...

Anyway, here it is!

Chapter 22
    Aye Aye, Captain

"Great Hammer of Thor! What was that?"

Abomasnow and Machamp both reeled back as the tunnel filled with silver light. Sceptile looked up in surprise and No.88 and No.89 both leapt to their feet. The light lasted only for a few seconds, but they all saw it clearly.

The five of them had been resting in an open cavern off the side of the tunnel where they had battled Grovyle and the others. No.88 and No.89 had both taken heavy hits, as had Abomasnow and Machamp. Sceptile had found the perfect place for them to recover that would simultaneously allow them to keep tabs on the ruins where Piplup's crew was based.

"What was that light?" No.88 wondered.

"Just Grovyle and his army of twerps stirring up trouble again," Sceptile said. "Nothing to concern ourselves with yet." He paused. "Well, I must correct myself. There is no way that Grovyle is still alive after what I did to him."

No.89 gulped. "You really killed him?"

Sceptile scoffed. "Oh yes, I forgot, you were too busy catching up on your beauty sleep when I pounded him into the dirt before."

"You can't blame us for that!" No.88 snapped. "You're the one who knocked us out!"

"You attacked us!" Sceptile said.

"How were we supposed to know that you were working for Bastiodon?" No.88 asked.

Sceptile smirked. "You could have asked. Didn't the fact that my accomplices and I were attacking Grovyle and his friends show you that we were against them?"

No.88 blanched and shuffled his feet.

"My thoughts exactly. Now go get your beauty rest and leave the thinking to me."

No.88 gave a mock salute to Sceptile. "Aye aye, captain."

"I can't hear you!"

"You did not just go there."

"Sorry."

As the light faded from the room, Chimchar climbed back to his feet. He stumbled around, still blinded. "Urk!" he gasped as he slammed into something.

"Sorry, Chimchar."

"Dusknoir? Is that you?"

"Is it? I don't know, I'm too blind to tell."

"Dusknoir!"

"Yes, it's me, you moron! Are you deaf too?"

Somebody else bumped into Dusknoir. "Ack!"

"Lucario? Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me. Dusknoir?"

"That's me."

"Chimchar?"

"Ain't Mickey Mouse."

"Lucario?"

"Mew?"

"Dusknoir?"

"Mew?"

"Chimchar?"

"Mew?"

"Chimchar!"

"Lucario?"

"Chimchar!"

"Dusknoir?"

"Dusknoir!"

"Mew?"

"Chimchar!"

"Chimchar!"

"Will you all just shut up?"

They all turned toward the source of the moan. Slowly, the world came back into focus and they were able to take in a miraculous sight. Piplup sat on the dirt floor, holding his head. His eyes were squeezed shut tightly and a slight silver glow was surrounding his body. Grovyle was lying next to him. The cuts and scrapes covering his body had all closed up, apparently healed. There were still scars all over, including the one on his eye, but the wounds were all closed. A faint silver mist also floated in the air above him.

Lucario's eyes were wide. "So, it appears I was right."

Chimchar looked up at him. "Lucario? What just happened?"

"Piplup saved Grovyle's life. That was Piplup's aura," Lucario explained. "As I said before, I can see auras. I could tell when I first met you that Piplup's aura was incredibly powerful. Silver auras are incredibly rare, and they only come with the most special of Pokemon."

"But the rest of us could see the aura too," Chimchar said. "I thought you were the only one who could see them."

Lucario shook his head. "Not true. Normally, auras are invisible. But when energy from the aura is used, it becomes visible to all." Lucario held up his hand before Chimchar and the round blue orb of Aura Sphere appeared in his palm. "See? When aura is transformed into an attack, it becomes visible."

"But that wasn't an attack that Piplup used, was it?" Dusknoir inquired.

"No," Lucario shook his head. "It was something far more powerful. That was a special skill called Aura Shift. Why did you not mention that Piplup had control over his aura?"

"Because we didn't know he did," Chimchar answered. He turned to Piplup. "Piplup? Are you awake?"

"B-barely," Piplup moaned. "I c-can't hold on. I keep b-blacking out."

Lucario turned towards him. "Just go to sleep. Rest is the best thing for you right now."

"S-sounds good to me," Piplup grinned, then fell silent again.

Lucario turned his attention back to Chimchar. "So Piplup has never displayed any kind of aura usage at all?"

Chimchar shook his head. "Nope. Not that I've ever seen."

"Piplup truly is powerful, then," Lucario said. "He has had no prior training or experience with aura, yet he was able to take control of it through his emotions alone."

"That's a big thing, isn't it?" Dusknoir said.

"Incredibly," Lucario nodded. "As soon as he wakes up, I'll get started training him."

Chimchar frowned. "Train him?"

"Of course," Lucario said. "He has already shown great control over his aura, but that was brought out by an intense situation. To be able to work his aura at will, he will require training. But, of course, I will have to wait for him to regain his strength. He used up a lot of energy."

"Is that why he fell asleep?" Chimchar asked.

"You sure have a lot of questions, don't you?" Lucario smirked.

"You sure have a lot of answers."

"Touche. Yes, that is why he fell asleep. When a Pokemon is dying, their aura grows weaker and weaker. When it goes out completely, they die. Piplup used the Aura Shift to stream some of his aura into Grovyle's. It restored enough of Grovyle's aura to allow him to recover, but at the same time, it took out a large portion of Piplup's aura and put him into a more weakened state. But don't worry, his aura will regenerate over time. He'll be fine in a couple of hours."

Chimchar sighed in relief. "Well, that's good, I suppose. When will Grovyle wake up?"

"It will likely take a while, maybe a day or two. He's alive, yes, but it will take a long time to recover." Lucario turned to face Mew. "He'll likely need aid for his recovery period. You'll need to make him some crutches."

"I'm on it," she said as she flew out of the room.

Dusknoir floated forward. "What should I do?"

"Dusknoir?" Lucario frowned, thinking. He snapped his fingers as an idea came to his head. "I know! We'll have no idea if Sceptile and his gang decide to attack again. You can sneak in the shadows and travel through walls without being seen. Can you find their wherabouts and make sure that their not planning a second assault?"

"That I can do," Dusknoir nodded. He briefly turned to Piplup and Grovyle as he floated towards the exit. "Good night, chums!"

Piplup opened an eye and raised his arm in a half-wave before falling to his side again.

Lucario gestured to Chimchar and turned to leave the room. "I'm going to go lay out plans for Piplup's training. You stay here and keep an eye on Snow White and Sleeping Beauty."

Chimchar saluted. "Aye aye, captain."

"I can't hear you!"

"Seriously. Did you seriously just go there?"

"Sorry. I couldn't resist."

Hope you guys like it! Sorry if it's a little short, but I couldn't figure out what else to add that wouldn't be better in the next chapter.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Chimchar and No.88: SHUT UP!!!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 7th June 2010 at 4:03 AM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Yay! Way to go Piplup you're awesome. That yet another funny chapter. Wow wonder what the training will be like? Anyway you made me like this story so much I now have Team Pokepals as my Desktop background lol.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Ah, Grovyle's back

Can't believe that Piplup has that kind of power. I'm starting to grow anxious on the next chapter.

BTW what's with the Spongebob theme song quote?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

The training should be pretty cool. The Sponge Bob Theme Song Quotes were pretty funny. This was a great chapter. There's about 8 Chapters left, right?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Excellent as always.  ̄ω ̄

And truthfully, I can only see one mistake in that chapter.

"Of course," Lucario said. "He has already shown great control over his aura, but that was brought out by an intense situation. To be able to work his aura at will, he will require training. But, of course, I will have to wait for him to regain his strength. He used up a lot of energy."
    You had put "brough", leaving off the "t".

You also had put a regular "e" on touché instead of "é" but considering that sucker is so hard to find on a keyboard, that was minimal.

Anywho, I loved the chapter and thought the Spongebob Quotes were funny as well.  ̄ω ̄

Yay for spongebob refrence! Another great chapter although the wait was a little bit long but just take your time don't rush it. Wait who kept on making spongebob refrences #89?

Ahhhh, I'm sorry for not posting in a while! Better late than never, I guess.

Anyway, I'll only review Chapter 22. It was very good. Thank god Grovyle is still alive, but he probably would have appeared in the Final Chapter of Book 2 (or Book 3, making us wait even longer, hehe), but having him alive seems like a better option.

So, it seems Piplup has an ability Aura Shifter, which saved Grovyle. Can't wait to see Piplup's training and hopefully it will be perfected by the Darkrai battle to give him an extra extra butt kicking!

Can't wait for more.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

@Torpoleon-Actually, I'd guess that there are closer to fifteen chapters left. There's still a lot left to cover, including the explanation of Lucario and Mew's past, Piplup's training period, the battle between the Wigglytuff Guild and Magmortar, and the final battle against Sceptile. Actually, there's quite a bit more than those, but I can't give too much away, right?

@Rotom310-Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Do you know how to type in the little squiggly line thing for touche? Because I have no idea how to type that...

@Mudkip43-The Spongebob references were made by Sceptile and Lucario (much to the annoyance of No.88 and Chimchar). BTW, has anyone figured out yet where I came up with No.88 and No.89's numbers?

@Shadow XD001-Yeah, Piplup's Aura Shift is going to be used in the future. Actually, it will have a huge role in Book 3, but I'm not going to give that away. Also, Aura Shift will not be the only ability learned. Aura Sphere, Aura Shield, Aura Blade...There's plenty more!

Anyway, the reason I posted is that I have a new fic to announce: Viva la Vida. Well, I guess it's a little early to announce it, but it will be the final book in the Dimensions of Darkness series. Basically, it will be the story of Darkrai's life.

Lastly, I plan to have Chapter 23 posted tomorrow, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 7th June 2010 at 4:30 AM.

Author's Profile

sorry i'm late, but i was on holiday. glad to see the new chapter is up, and looking forward to a new ook, although i want to get The Pokemon Show back first! *has tantrum*
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Well, how I type "é" is to hold down the alt key, and then while still holding down the key, press "0233" on the numerical keypad to the right side of the keyboard (On this, the row of numbers along the top won't work). Alternatively, you could just go here to see how to set your keyboard up to type in the special characters.

Also, No. 88 & 89 are based on Huntsmen #88 & 89 from American Dragon: Jake Long, right? 8D
    Last edited by Rotom310; 7th June 2010 at 7:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
    Well, how I type "é" is to hold down the alt key, and then while still holding down the key, press "0233" on the numerical keypad to the right side of the keyboard (On this, the row of numbers along the top won't work). Alternatively, you could just go here to see how to set your keyboard up to type in the special characters.

Also, No. 88 & 89 are based on Huntsmen #88 & 89 from American Dragon: Jake Long, right? 8D
    Okay, thanks for the tip! And yes, No.88 and 89 are based off of the Huntsdweebs from Jake Long. Those guys are just awesome...that is, as awesome as stupid can be.

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Anyway, the reason I posted is that I have a new fic to announce: Viva la Vida. Well, I guess it's a little early to announce it, but it will be the final book in the Dimensions of Darkness series. Basically, it will be the story of Darkrai's life.
    Oh, so there's going to be four books? Obviously, the first three are the exploration of Piplup & Chimchar, so Viva la Vida will be just a One-shot about Darkrai's life?
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Oh, so there's going to be four books? Obviously, the first three are the exploration of Piplup & Chimchar, so Viva la Vida will be just a One-shot about Darkrai's life?
    The first three are about Piplup and Chimchar's adventure, yes, but the fourth one won't be a one shot. Actually, I have more of that one planned out into chapters than I have of this one. My current plans are that Viva la Vida will be 28 chapters long. It will mostly star Darkrai, both in the present and in flashbacks, but will also have Piplup and Chimchar in fairly major roles.

Also, there's no way I'm getting the next chapter up tonight. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so I'll probably have time then.

Also, one final note. Viva la Vida will not be the only fic left which ties in to the Dimensions of Darkness trilogy. Another plan of mine, currently titled Project: Primordial, will also involve the characters of Dimensions of Darkness. However, Project: Primordial will not be revealed until the entire Dimensions of Darkness trilogy is completed.

Author's Profile

*dances* new chapter tomorrow
    and if it has four books, not including the Pokemon Show, then shouldn't it be a Quadrilogy, rather tha a trilogy?

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    *dances* new chapter tomorrow
    and if it has four books, not including the Pokemon Show, then shouldn't it be a Quadrilogy, rather tha a trilogy?
    Well, Darkrai's book isn't really a huge addition to the plotline. For example, if these books were a movie series: the first three would be the movie trilogy, and the Darkrai one would be the TV show special. Plus, a trilogy sounds better than a quadrilogy.

EDIT: Actually, it didn't rain a drop of rain today as was expected, and the chance has been taken out of tomorrow too. I spent most of today outside and am tired now, and tomorrow I'll have a baseball game to attend, so it may be Thursday before the chapter gets posted.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 9th June 2010 at 3:54 AM.

Author's Profile

your Thursday, or my thursday? most of the time it seems like you post in the middle of the night from where i am

your Thursday, or my thursday? most of the time it seems like you post in the middle of the night from where i am
    I don't know, what is your Thursday? I'm talking about my timezone, which is central.

Anyway, it's fifty-fifty whether I'll get the chapter posted tonight. I'm supposed to have a ball game, but it's raining right now. It may be enough to rain out the games, but it might not, so I don't know right now. I hope to get it up tonight, because I'll be busy tomorrow.

Author's Profile

well, it was the end of it when i posted that, and it's an English time zone.

well, it was the end of it when i posted that, and it's an English time zone.
    According to my timezone, it was 1:25 AM when you posted. Is that true of your timezone?

Author's Profile

Er... no. 7.25 pm. and from MY computer, one of YOUR posts was at 3 am.

I have returned!

I apologize greatly for the uber-wait, but I know how to make up for it. Here's my plan: On Monday, it will be the one year anniversary of Explorers of the Core. According to my calculations, I have nine chapters left. I have absolutely no plans between now and Monday. I believe it fully possible for me to post a chapter or two every day. Now, who wants this fic finished on Monday?

Chapter 23
    Around the Fire

Chimchar blew gently on the pile of moss. A moment later, it ignited, creating a crackling campfire. Lucario scooted up close to the fire and held out his hands to warm them. Shadows danced on the cavern walls as the flames licked upwards. A stray ember landed on Piplup's foot, but he brushed it away before it could leave a burn. He had only woken up an hour previously, and he still had quite a headache. He wasn't about to let himself get burned on top of everything else.

"Feeling better yet?" Chimchar asked worriedly.

Piplup glared at him. "I would be if you would quit asking that every 30 seconds. It's just making my headache worse."

"Sorry."

All was silent except for the crackling of the fire. The trio simply sat, staring off into space.

"Feeling better yet?"

At that moment, a shadowy blob popped out of the ground in front of Chimchar. "'Hoy, small fry!"

Chimchar shrieked like a little girl. "Aaah! Manfish!" With that, picked up a small rock and began beating the blob.

"Stop it!" the blob screamed. "Stop it, Chimchar! It's me!"

Chimchar frowned at the blob. "Dusknoir?"

"Of course it's me!" Dusknoir snapped. As he spoke, he rose the rest of the way out of the ground. "I was traveling intangibly underground like I did before. I just figured I'd give you a scare. I wasn't expecting you to go berserk on me."

"Sorry about that. In case you haven't learned, you shouldn't scare me. I kinda freak out."

"So I noticed."

"Well?" Lucario spoke up. "What did you find out, Dusknoir?"

Dusknoir turned to Lucario. "We look clear for now. Sceptile and his cronies are holed up in a cave aways down the tunnel from here. I listened in on their conversations, and from what I picked up on, they have no idea where we are. Sceptile said they'd just wait until we revealed ourselves."

"That's good," Lucario nodded. "We'll know when they move out anyway, though. Our security system will pick up on them and be able to intercept them."

Chimchar frowned. "Security system?"

"Yes, the security system," Lucario said. "The three golem Pokemon."

"Regirock, Regice, and Registeel?" Piplup spoke up. "I thought they were just cave dwelling Pokemon who were defending their territory."

Lucario shook his head. "Those three are our guards. If anybody starts getting close to the hiding spot here, then the Regis attack. They're powerful Pokemon and can defeat most enemies. However, when powerful Pokemon are able to defeat them, they send off a distress signal that I can pick up using my Aura. Then I know that trouble is coming and can prepare for it."

"So that's how you knew we were coming," Dusknoir said.

"Exactly," Lucario nodded. "And you ended up being even more trouble than I'd bargained for."

"I'll choose to take that as a compliment," Dusknoir said.

"You should."

Piplup jumped as Mew suddenly appeared behind him. "You don't need to be so sneaky. My headache's bad enough as it is."

"How does being sneaky affect your headache?"

Piplup frowned. "I don't know! It just does, okay?"

"Quiet down! You're not the only one with a headache, after all."

Everyone's head snapped around to face the entrance into the ruins. A battered figure stood there, barely holding itself up on the pair of stone crutches made specifically for it. A faint smile crossed its face.

"Grovyle!" Piplup exclaimed, then quickly clutched his head and moaned.

"My," Lucario marvelled. "That was an incredibly quick recovery. Most records of the Aura Shift show a period of two to three days before the Pokemon regained consciousness. You only took a few hours."

Grovyle shrugged, almost losing his balance on the crutches. "Don't look at me. I don't plan while I'm asleep when I want to wake up."

"Good to have you back, buddy!" Chimchar beamed.

"Oh, Grovyle!" Dusknoir sobbed dramatically. He flew over to his former nemesis and embraced him in a bear hug. "I thought I'd lost you! Never leave me again, Grovyle! Promise me!"

Grovyle winced in pain from the embrace. "Will you put me down, you big lug? I know you're just being dramatic."

"Meh, it was worth a shot," Dusknoir said, carefully setting Grovyle back down and handing him his crutches.

With aid from Mew and Dusknoir, Grovyle sat down next to Piplup. The two exchanged a quick look and smiled. Any words that had needed to be said had been passed in that quick look. Grovyle had saved Piplup, and now Piplup had saved Grovyle. They were even.

The six Pokemon sat around the fire motionlessly. Nobody spoke. After a long time, Chimchar finally broke the silence.

"So what do we do now?"

Mew shrugged. "I don't know. The best thing to do is rest up so that we can be prepared as soon as possible to take on Rayquaza and his army."

"I know one thing," Piplup said. He turned to Lucario. "We told you all about ourselves and our adventures. But we haven't got to hear your story yet."

Lucario stared off into space and sighed. "That is right, Piplup. With all the excitement, I'd nearly forgotten."

"I want to hear your story!" Chimchar exclaimed. "I want to hear!"

Mew looked to Lucario. "Will you do the narrating, or shall I?"

"I'll do it. After all, I saw a lot more action."

"You didn't see that much action, and you know it. And don't you dare try to pull the whole 'Aura Mentor' card."

"The term is Aura 'Master'. Aura Mentor just makes me sound old."

"Just get on with it!" Chimchar urged.

"Oh, alright!" Lucario sighed. And thus, he began:

The Core used to be a peaceful place. All the Pokemon living here got along. Everyone was neighborly and cared for each other, not unlike your Treasure Town, really. I discovered at a young age that I had a talent for controlling Aura. I practiced day and night, and soon I became the greatest Aura master in the Core. Probably the world, if I do say so myself.

Way to be modest.

Mew, I told you to stay out of this! Anyway, I was going into town one day to scout for damage after an earthquake. There wasn't much damage to the larger buildings, and most of the smaller buildings had only taken slight damage. I came across a building that had actually collapsed. I deduced that it was only a cottage, but after scanning it for Aura traces, I saw a faint glow deep within the rubble. I immediately called over some Cranidos soldiers who were examining damage to a nearby grocery store. They dug through the wreckage and eventually they dragged out a Pokemon. She was incredibly weak, barely alive, but I knew I could do something. With all my heart, I willed her to live, and before I knew it, an Aura Shift was under way. I could feel my energy draining away, and could see her begin to grow brighter. I saved her life, but almost at the cost of my own. Were it not for the fact that this Pokemon was a renowned healer, I probably would have died right there. Fortunately, she was able to recover me with a combination of herbs and psychic powers. In a matter of minutes, we'd both saved each other's lives. As soon as I recovered later that day, we introduced each other, and we've been close friends ever since.

And just who was that friend who saved your sorry hide? Please, do tell them.

Now who's not being modest? That Pokemon was Mew, of course. It's not like it wasn't obvious enough already. Anyway, the two of us become fast friends, and I decided to open up my own dojo. There, I would train any willing student in the art of controlling Aura. My first student ever was Mew, of course, but the only thing she ever perfected was the Aura Sphere.

Meh, what can I say? I'm a healer, not some meditating Aura nut.

Will you quit interrupting? Back to the story. Mew was my first student, and for quite a while, she was my only one. But there was one other student. His name was Mewtwo.

Mewtwo? As in Mew the Second?

That's right, Chimchar. This Mewtwo was somehow related to Mew. What did you say he was exactly?

I'm not even entirely sure. He's my dad's aunt's cousin twice removed, or something like that. I'd never met the guy before he showed up at the dojo.

Whatever. Anyway, this Mewtwo guy showed up wanting to be trained in Aura. He showed great promise. Early on, he was able to create weak versions of Aura Sphere and another technique called Aura Shield, but he was hard on himself. He didn't believe he had mastered them as well and quickly as he could, so he left. One day, he just disappeared, apparently on a journey of self-discovery. I've never heard anything from him since. Not much else of interest happened for a while. Nobody else showed up at my Aura dojo, so I just kept training on my own. Of course, Mew visited often as well. But nothing else major happened until the betrayal of Bastiodon and Rampardos. As we've told you before, the two mysteriously joined Rayquaza when he arrived. Just how Rayquaza was released from his ancient prison is unknown, but I can only assume it was the work of your friend Darkrai. On the day that Rayquaza arrived, a dark wind blew through the Core and a shadow was seen flitting around the Capitol building. Then, Bastiodon and Rampardos gave the order to attack. The Shieldon and Cranidos soldiers are eternally loyal to their leaders, and they never questioned the reasoning behind the attack. They just went on a rampage, charging through the Core and capturing all of the townspeople they came across. At the same time, Rayquaza attacked, destroying a good portion of the city. The section of town we had been in was smoldering ruins when we looked back. I'm not exactly sure how we managed to flee undetected, but somehow we did. It was at that point that we bumped into Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. We were fully expecting to be attacked, but the three had witnessed the destruction in the city. They knew we were refugees and they allowed us to stay with them. They took us to the ruins here, and allowed us to make our new home. We don't know exactly what the three of them are doing out here. They don't talk much. All that we've been able to get out of them on the subject is that they are guarding a powerful secret contained by the ruins.

Sounds mysterious.

Yes, Piplup, very mysterious. But our story is not over yet. After we'd spent a few days here in the ruins, I recieved a distress signal from Regirock. Knowing that he'd been defeated, I prepared for the worst and readied myself for battle. Soon, a distress signal came in from Regice, and later still from Registeel. Somebody had managed to overwhelm all three of them and was making their way to the ruins. I simply stood, waiting for them to arrive. And then, when I saw them appear, I pounced. The battle was long, but eventually-

Lucario was cut off by a smack from Mew. "You moron! You're just talking about your battle with Piplup!"

"What? That's part of the story, isn't it?"

"A part they already know! Heck, they lived it!"

"I want to hear it again!"

"Shut up, Chimchar!"

Lucario sighed. "Alright, so you guys know the rest of the story. But basically, that's the story of our lives. Anything I left out, Mew?"

"Well, you never mentioned anything about my career in modeling or acting."

"Okay, we're all clear," Lucario said. "Any questions?"

Chimchar raised his hand. "Um, Lucario?"

"Yes, Chimchar?"

"Piplup's asleep."

Lucario looked over to realize that Chimchar was right. Piplup was slumped over on the ground. "He dropped off as soon as you'd finished talking," Chimchar continued. "It had apparently taken all of his energy just to last through your story."

Lucario smiled. "Well, let him sleep. He'll need to be rested up for training tomorrow."

Chimchar yawned and stretched his arms. "Speaking of which, I could use some shut-eye too." He trudged over to Piplup and grabbed him by the foot. "Come on, Piplup," he urged, and began dragging Piplup behind him as he walked back into the ruins.

"I made up some beds for you from the moss," Mew called after them. Chimchar raised his hand in the air as a signal that he'd heard.

"I'm gonna hit the hay, too," Dusknoir said. He floated over to Grovyle and heaved the Pokemon off the ground. "Here, Grovyle, I'll help you there."

Grovyle winced, but allowed Dusknoir to carry him off. "My, the times have changed. To think that you're now carrying me off to bed when once you would have tried to kill me in my sleep."

"Aye, things are a lot different now."

"Goodnight, Dusknoir."

"Goodnight, Grovyle."

Lucario sat, staring into the fire. The others had gone off to bed long ago, but his mind was troubled. He had been contemplating something all night, and he'd finally come to a conclusion.

"Lucario?"

Lucario didn't even turn around. "Hello, Mew."

"What're you doing up still?"

"Thinking. About Piplup's training."

"At this hour? You should just get some sleep, worry about the training tomorrow."

"I'm going to teach him the move."

"What? Are you insane?"

"You know full well that it may be necessary. If the case is as we expect, then there is no other choice."

"There has to be a less dangerous way! Not even you were able to master it!"

"But Piplup's Aura is a hundred times as powerful as mine. The strain will be great, I know, but he may be able to pull it off. He must."

"Lucario, you can't! He has no idea of the consequences."

"Mew, you can't change my mind. I'm going to teach him the Aura Heart."

Hope you all like it! Also, I've added a section into the first post listing the known Aura Attacks. Check it out if you want more information on the Aura Shield, which I mentioned in this chapter but did not detail.

'Hoy, Small Fry!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 25th November 2010 at 5:55 AM.

Author's Profile

Long time reader, first time poster. What can I say? This is one of the funniest fics I've ever read. I've been reading since the first story, and I figured since I have an account, I would comment about my love of this fic. I would really like to be added to the PM list, I don't want to fall behind.

ps. I love the song quote on your fics banner.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

i say for on monday. why not? my holidays are starting tommorow, and i get in trouble for going on the Wii all day.

Okay, Charoshi, you're on the PM list.

All of you, expect another chapter, maybe two to be up later today. The next chapter will go back to the big battle between the Guild Apprentices and Magmortar's Monster House.

Author's Profile

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast