Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Amazing!!!! *sparkly eyes* I've been reading your fanfics since before I joined, and I have to say, other than the minor spelling errors once in a while, they are amazing! Can you please add me to the PM list though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
    Amazing!!!! *sparkly eyes* I've been reading your fanfics since before I joined, and I have to say, other than the minor spelling errors once in a while, they are amazing! Can you please add me to the PM list though?
    Yep, you're on the list. And whenever you see spelling errors, please, point them out so that I can fix them.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Yep, you're on the list. And whenever you see spelling errors, please, point them out so that I can fix them.
    Thanks!! And I'm pretty sure I didn't see any last chapter, but I'm going to go back and check anyway.

EDIT: I found a minor one.

Lucario stepped into the room, having heard the commotion from outside. "I even tried cleansing out his wounds with my aura. However, even my aura was not strong enough to completely heal him."
    You just forgot the "r" in "strong." Nothing super major. Excellent as always.
    Last edited by Rotom310; 6th March 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
    Thanks!! And I'm pretty sure I didn't see any last chapter, but I'm going to go back and check anyway.

EDIT: I found a minor one.

You just forgot the "r" in "strong." Nothing super major. Excellent as always.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I'll go fix it.

Author's Profile

Heh, I'm just evil that way XD
    that you are, Mr Gallade, that you are.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    that you are, Mr Gallade, that you are.
    Pah! Mr. Gallade is my father's name. Call me Captain Gallade!

Author's Profile

ok Leuintenant Gallade. (demoted for misconduct and unattention. and possibly sporiadicness too)

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scizorstrike View Post
    ok Leuintenant Gallade. (demoted for misconduct and unattention. and possibly sporiadicness too)
    You spelled Lieutenant wrong. That's double demotion!

By the way, the next chapter should be up within the next few days. I plan to have it up by weekend at the latest.

Author's Profile

SQUEEE!!! NEW CHAPTER SOON!
    oh... sorry. i'm really hyped at the moment. i'm going to the Somme on Friday. oh.... wait.... if the chapter happens on Friday, then i won't be able to see this OR that until the next day!

Oh. My. God.

That pretty much sums it up. I have found absolutely no problems with this chapter. At all.

Well, I personally think that, as always, there could have been more details, as there always could be-

Oh, you shut up! Glaceon, you could miss a detail if it hit you in the eye (honestly, don't listen to her). There wasn't really any need to have details in that chapter, and the parts where they were needed, like seeing Grovyle's injuries, were described marvelously.

Can I say something else? However funny it was, I find it incredibly unrealistic that Chimchar and Dusknoir would watch Apollo Ohno on the Olympics if their friend was lying on his deathbed.

Sadly, I must agree. Glaceon and I strive for realism in Fanfiction characters, and although it's possible that Chimchar and Dusknoir saw the TV before Grovyle when they entered the cave, it seems unlikely.

But other than that, nice chapter. We eagerly await the next chapter!
    Last edited by Naughty Pichu; 19th March 2010 at 1:31 PM.
    All right, people. It is unlikely I will ever actually do much on these forums outside of those concerning fanfiction, so buzz off, all you TCG fans (No offense.).

Also, I am not only an introvert, but also very lazy, so don't be surprised if my post count is under ten.

Sorry that it's been so long again. I've been incredibly busy lately with Heartgold. Then again, I'm sure many of us have.

Chapter 21
    The Worst Nightmare

Clang!

Smash!

Ching!

The two attackers leapt back, landing gracefully on their feet. They raised their arms and charged again, only to bounce back again.

"I must say, Gabite," the larger of the two figures scoffed. "You've gotten stronger."

"I can't say the same for you, Armaldo, my friend," the second figure grinned. Her arm glowed white and she struck with Slash. Armaldo raised his arm defensively and managed to block some of the force, but it still shoved him backwards. While he was still off balance, Gabite lunged forward with Dragon Claw and smashed Armaldo, knocking him on his back.

Armaldo winced and tried to rise back to his feet. "I don't suppose there's mercy among thieves, eh?"

Gabite jumped straight up into the air, her entire body glowing blue. "Sorry, but the answer is no." With that, she unleashed her Dragon Rush and smashed down onto her hapless victim.

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"Bidoof, I suggest you button your yap before I do it for you."

"Sorry."

The travelling party of apprentices was growing weary as they continued their ascent towards Fogbound Lake. Bidoof's continuous chattering wasn't making it go faster.

"It can't be much longer, can it?" Bidoof pestered.

Loudred sighed. "I sure hope not. I can't handle much more of your babbling, chatterbox!"

Bidoof winced. "Don't mince your words much, do you?"

"Come on, guys, we've been up here before," Chimecho chided. "We know exactly where the exit is. It's not far now."

They turned a corner, and a small beam of white light suddenly fell across Dugtrio's face. "MY EYES!" he shrieked, waving his heads around in a frenzy. "MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!"

"We're here!" Diglett exclaimed. He was right. Before them was an enormous cavern, and at its far end, a tall wall of boulders. The ray of light which had blinded Dugtrio was shining into the cavern through a gap in the top boulders.

"So that's how the Guildmaster locked everyone out," Chimecho frowned. "That's gonna be tough to break through."

Sunflora slumped over, sighing dramatically. "Eek! Why does everything have to be so hard?"

"Get up!" Croagunk snapped. "We cannot afford to be lazy! After all, are we not the Wigglytuff Guild?" As usual, his Chatot impersonation got a laugh out of everybody.

"Seriously, HOW do you DO that?" Loudred inquired.

Croagunk grinned. "I've been at the Guild for many, many years. I've had a lot of time for practice."

"Well, if we're going to get this done, we'd better get on with it," Chimecho urged. She pointed at the boulder wall.

"I'LL take it down!" Loudred hooted. "I'll take it down with my BARE FISTS!"

"Unless we take down your bare fists first."

Suddenly, sinister laughter filled the air and echoed around the chamber. The apprentices whirled in every direction, searching for the source of the noise, but the reverberations made it impossible to detect where it was coming from.

"Who's there?" Dugtrio called. "Show yourself!"

"Alright! Suit yourself!"

Then, with a blast of heat and flame, the ground exploded.

KABLAAM!

The Dragon Rush hit the fallen Armaldo at full power...and stopped in its tracks. Gabite's eyes widened in pain and surprise as she realized what had stopped her. Armaldo's arms were crossed across his chest, locking Gabite's arms firmly between them.

"What?" Gabite gasped in amazement. She struggled as hard as she could, but her arms were held too tightly to be moved.

Armaldo grinned. "Sorry, Gabite, but you said it best yourself. No mercy!" With that, he ripped his arms apart, launching Gabite like a cannonball. She smashed into the wall and a cloud of dust filled the air, obscuring her from view.

Smiling, Armaldo turned and began to head upward on the path taken by the apprentices. "Good night, Gabite," he called. "I'll be back in a little bit to pick you up. As for now, just stay there. Try to make yourself comfortable." He took a few steps forward, the stopped abruptly. He tilted his head slightly, as if listening. Then, he dove sideways. A split second later, the explosive force of a Hyper Beam smashed into the ground where he'd been standing.

Armaldo rolled out of his dive and onto his feet all in one fluid motion, turning as he went to catch a glimpse of his attacker. The enormous figure of Steelix, one of Gabite's partners, was looming above him, his head almost scraping the cavern roof. The third member of the trio of thieves, Houndoom, was also back on his feet, standing just in front of Steelix. As the cloud of dust faded, Gabite leapt out of the crater in the wall where Armaldo had left her. She landed directly in front of her foe, smiling evilly. "Well, Armaldo? Any last words?"

Armaldo slowly took a step back. "Actually, I do. He who runs away lives to fight another day." As he finished his sentence, he spun around and took off through the tunnel at full sprint.

Gabite was after him in an instant. She beckoned to Houndoom and Steelix, who immediately shot off in pursuit of her. "Let's go, gang! I live for the chase!"

The cavern filled with light as the earth cracked open beneath the apprentices. The force of the quake knocked them back, and before they'd even recovered, their attackers were upon them.

Veins of lava from the dormant volcano flooded the cracks in the earth and flowed throughout the room, illuminating it with orange light. A shadowy figure stood at the center of it all, but the firey glow of the flames hid his features from view.

Croagunk climbed slowly to his feet and looked around, trying to decipher what had happened. The cavern had virtually become a lake of lava, with a few large chunks of ground still floating on the surface. Croagunk quickly leaped to the nearest spit of land, where Dugtrio was frantically trying to find a way off. "Problems, Dugtrio?" Croagunk inquired.

"I'll say!" Dugtrio screamed. "I can only travel where there's ground to tunnel through! I'm stuck on this piece of lonely earth until that lava dries up!"

"Don't worry," Croagunk assured. "I ain't gonna abandon you."

"Um, you may not have a choice!" Dugtrio waved his heads frantically and Croagunk looked up. Two large figures were circling above them in the air. One of them resembled a gray rock with an enormous red nose, and three smaller rocks floated in the air around it. The second one was round and black, and it had a ring of pink circles completely encircling its head.

"Probopass and Claydol," Croagunk identified. "They're tough foes. I think I could at least take Probopass. I'm a Fighting type and he's a Rock and Steel type, so he would be easy to take on." He paused. "Claydol, on the other hand, is a Psychic type. As long as he's around, I probably won't get a good shot at Probopass."

Dugtrio frowned. "Sorry, but I won't be any help! They're both levitating! None of my good attacks will hit an airborne foe!"

The airborne attackers finally seemed to take notice of Croagunk and Dugtrio on the small island below them. Without practically any movement at all, Probopass and Claydol fired off their attacks. Before they could even move, Croagunk and Dugtrio were smashed down hard by Magnet Bomb and Psybeam. They had no chance to rise again before Probopass and Claydol swooped down upon them.

"Eeeeeeeeek!" Sunflora shrieked and rushed around in circles on the spit of ground she was standing on. High above her, a pair of winged Pokemon were circling. Unfortunately, her scream managed to catch their attention. The both launched off in attack quicker than she could see. A blade of wind and an orange orb beared down upon her, and she had nowhere to go.

Blam!

Sunflora opened her eyes, startled by the sound. Loudred lay before her, having apparently jumped in the way to block the attacks. "Oh no! Loudred!" she squeaked. "Get up, Loudred!"

The two flying Pokemon descended into Sunflora's range of sight. One of them was a large green dragonfly, and the other somewhat resembled a tall, humanoid honey bee.

"Yanmega and Vespiquen!" Sunflora identified. "They're both Bug AND Flying types! Just my luck." In front of her, Loudred groaned and began to move. "Don't worry, Loudred!" Sunflora assured. "I'll protect you!" She pointed up at her attackers. "Bring it on you two! Bring it on!"

And then, the fight was on.

"Corphish! Corphish, get up!"

Slowly, Corphish rose back to his feet. Diglett was at his side, looking around anxiously. "Hey hey, Diglett. What happened?"

"I don't know," Diglett explained. "But we're being watched!"

The two looked around. The air was distorted by the heat of the lava, but two pairs or red eyes could be seen through it all. There was an enormous roar, and the two apprentices were suddenly blasted simultaneously by Focus Blast and Flamethrower. Corphish quickly launched back a Bubblebeam at the attackers, but one of them suddenly jumped into the air and screamed loudly. The Roar smashed into the Bubblebeam hard, stopping it in its tracks. "Hey hey hey!" Corphish squeaked timidly and stepped back, hiding behind Diglett.

With a crash, the Pokemon responsible for the Roar landed on a piece of land a few feet in front of the pair of apprentices. It was burly and purple, and its mouth took up an enormous portion of its body. The second Pokemon stepped out from behind it, revealing itself to Diglett and Corphish at last. It looked like a combination of a yak and a camel, with two large rocky humps on its back.

"Exploud and Camerupt," Diglett identified. "Two strong, burly Pokemon."

"Are we in over our heads?" Corphish inquired.

"Way."

"Just the way I like it!" Corphish beamed. His claw glowed blue and he leapt into the air, swinging Crabhammer down at Exploud with all of his strength. "Bonsai!!!"

Chimecho and Bidoof could only look on in horror as they saw the rest of their friends fall under attack from mysterious foes. "Where did all of these Pokemon come from?" Bidoof wondered.

"I have no idea," Chimecho admitted. "Exploud and Camerupt, Probopass and Claydol, Yanmega and Vespiquen. None of them are Pokemon normally found around here."

"Gosh, what's going on then?" Bidoof questioned.

Chimecho frowned. "I think...I think this was a trap."

"Ooh, you're smart, aren't you?"

Bidoof and Chimecho's heads shot up at the voice. A large firey figure stood behind them, looming over them. The top of its head and shoulders looked like dancing flames and its round red body was covered in firey stripes of yellow. "Wh-who are you?" Chimecho demanded.

"Me?" the Pokemon scoffed. His deep voice seemed to shake the chamber. He pointed his cannon-like arm at the frightened apprentices standing before him. Deep inside it, an orange glow was visible, racing towards the opening rapidly. "I am Magmortar." The flaming blast of Overheat exploded out from his palm, overwhelming Bidoof and Chimecho in an instant. "And I am your worst nightmare."

Hope you all like it!

Author's Profile

Oh dear, what will happen to the guild apprentices? Please make it through those Pokemon, please...

You know, those Pokemon makes me thinking about the Monster House that Wigglytuff and Armaldo encountered... coincidence?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

I'm pretty sure you based those Pokemona attacking the Guild members on the Monster House in Special Episode 2 of Explorers Of The SKy.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Whoa! There sure were a lot of Pokemon there. I sure wonder how Chapter 23 will turn out if it continues with the Guild Members. Sure I can't wait to find out what happened to Piplup, but I like the stuff with Magmortar, It does look scary.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I think you based the Pokemon off of the Monster House in Special Epsode 2. When do you think the guild will appear next? Still, awsome!

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

What in the heck are you guys talking about? I didn't base the Guild's attackers off of the Monster House that Igglybuff and Armaldo fight. It's THE SAME Monster House that Igglybuff and Armaldo! Yes, they're now under the leadership of the mysterious Magmortar, and they're back to wreak havoc again!

Anyway, the next chapter or two will be focused on the happenings in the Core again. I would say that the next chapter about the Guild would be either 23, 24, or 25.

Author's Profile

Hiya, long time reader.

Love the story. POST FASTER ! (Impatience Rage!)
    Looking forward to next chapter.

Lots of battles there. Cool! I love to see the Guild members freaking out like that.

Magmortar?! Scary stuff - you know, since he has fire cannons for arms? Love the chapter.
    Grovyle is awesome. So is Celebi. 'Nuff said.

BTW
    Fanfics by me! (The ones that aren't on hiatus)
    PMD2: Blind Eyes, Gazing Hearts Chapter Eight is up!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks
    What in the heck are you guys talking about? I didn't base the Guild's attackers off of the Monster House that Igglybuff and Armaldo fight. It's THE SAME Monster House that Igglybuff and Armaldo! Yes, they're now under the leadership of the mysterious Magmortar, and they're back to wreak havoc again!

Anyway, the next chapter or two will be focused on the happenings in the Core again. I would say that the next chapter about the Guild would be either 23, 24, or 25.
    Oh yeah! I thought so! You know, because I haven't been playing the Special Episodes for a while I forgot what were in the Monster House that Igglyuff and Armaldo encountered...

Oh yay! Hopefully the next chapter will be about the situation at the core... I'm getting anxious to know what's happening x3

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

interesting... like the Monster House. i had actually just finished that Special Mission when i logged on to here! (weird, or what?)

Yeah, I should have guessed, its just that I hadn't played the Special Episodes in a while, and Magmortar coming in threw me off the trail.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    Yeah, I should have guessed, its just that I hadn't played the Special Episodes in a while, and Magmortar coming in threw me off the trail.
    Yep, Magmortar is my own created character. It will be explained in one of the next chapters with the Guild just who Magmortar is, but right now, all that you need to know is that he is in command of the Monster House from the games, and that he has a connection to Armaldo and Gabite...

Author's Profile

interesting.
    Still Looking forward to your next chapter in the core.

Sorry I'm a little Late, But Yeah it seems like everyone of the Chapters you write have Comedy and Action in it I like that. I'm excited for the Next Chapter to see what happens to the Guild Members hopefully it comes out soon.

I am incredibly sorry for the extreme lack of posts lately. I have been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time. I think I can probably get the next chapter up this week, but I'm not making any guarantees.

Author's Profile

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast