Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    I finally finished reading Book2! (I finished Book 1 like last week) I'll only review Chapter 16, though.

Oh man! I wished Sceptile was Grovyle's father, because it makes. Both from the future. Both on the same evolutionary line. Anyway, I think Chimchar used Dig and pulled Piplup underground and Lucario is hiding somewhere nearby waiting to strike. great Chapter, Gallade!

I think the name Team Adventure work pretty good because they'd be a team on an Adventure! Also, add me to the PM List, if you may.
    Yep, you're on the list!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Team Liberty, s'il vous plait.

Yep, sounds like the majority vote now is Team Liberty! Thanks for the help with decision making, guys!

And now, here's the next chapter!

Chapter 17
    We Robbed from the Widows and Swindled the Poor

"Hey hey! Back off!"

"Eeek! This is kinda scary!"

"It's ok. We came through here once before, didn't we?"

"Yup yup, we did, didn't we?"

"GEESH, Bidoof! Is your brain REALLY that RUSTY???"

"Guys! Look up ahead!"

The Wigglytuff Guild apprentices tore through the ranks of enemy Pokemon that came at them, led by the Stranger who had rallied them. He was a powerful Pokemon, easily able to take on multiple enemies at a time. Numel and Slugma scattered in every direction as the group made their progress through Steam Cave and up towards Fogbound Lake far above.

"Keep up, kids!" the Stranger called back to the scattered Guild members behind him. Everytime they tried to regroup, though, more wild Pokemon attacked and they were forced farther apart.

"We're trying!" Dugtrio cried, digging beneath the surface as a Yanma dove at him.

"Yeah!" Corphish agreed. "But hey, this is getting tougher, hey hey!"

The Stranger sighed. "You guys really gotta bulk up! I can't hold your hand the entire way up there!"

"You're right there!" Loudred screamed, sending the Shuckle surrounding him fleeing in fear with blasted eardrums. "We can handle OURSELVES, and I don't believe that YOU were necessary in this mission, am I RIGHT?"

"I had my own reasons for coming!" the Stranger shouted.

"Well, you didn't have to come with us!" Dugtrio growled, popping out of the ground right before the Stranger.

Sunflora knocked aside a Snubbull with her Bullet Seed as she stepped up beside Dugtrio. "It does make things easier, though."

"Yep," Diglett nodded, tunneling his way underneath Volbeat as they swooped for him. "I can't fight on my own as it is, let alone without being in a group."

"Meh heh heh," Croagunk laughed, easily holding back a large group of Magmar with his Sludge Bomb. "I really don't have an opinion either way, but this is fine with me."

Bidoof rammed into a Granbull with Take Down and smashed it into the wall. "Yup yup! Group work's always a lot more fun!"

"Isn't that what the Guildmaster always says?" Chimecho grinned, ringing merrily to heal the damage the others had taken.

"Now isn't the time for idle talk!" the Stranger called. "Look ahead!"

One second, the large group was completely surrounded by enemies; the next, they were in the open without another Pokemon in sight. "Hey hey!" Corphish commented. "Where'd all the Pokemon go?"

"Yeah!" Sunflora frowned. "One second, we're surrounded on every side, the next, we're completely alone. What's up with that?"

"That's what I was wondering," the Stranger agreed, looking around suspiciously.

Diglett popped up right beside the Stranger. "Do you think it's a trap?"

"It very easily could be," the Stranger nodded. "But we don't have any other choice than to go forward. If there's a trap, we'll just have to face it."

"Gosh, I'd prefer not to," Bidoof sighed. "But if everybody else is going ahead, so will I."

"Me too!" Dugtrio whooped.

"Yeah!" Loudred shouted.

"Sounds like we're together!" the Stranger grinned. "Nothing's going to stop us now!"

"Except us."

The attacks came from everywhere at once. Sunflora and Chimecho were blasted by a dark incinerating fire and were knocked to the ground. The ground beneath Croagunk, Corphish, and Loudred erupted upwards and they were smashed into the wall. At the same time, a force from the ceiling slammed into the Stranger, Bidoof, Diglett, and Dugtrio, sending them reeling.

"Brace yourselves!" the Stranger warned. "We've got company!"

"How right you are!"

The Guild apprentices hauled themselves to their feet and backed together, ready for battle. "Who's there? Show yourselves!" the Stranger commanded.

"Ba ha ha!"

"Gra ha ha!"

"Mwa ha ha!"

"Eeek!" Sunflora screamed suddenly. A four-legged shape stepped out of the shadows before her. It had curling horns on its head and a long tail.

"AAAIIIHH!!!" Loudred shrieked too. An enormous serpentine figure loomed up over him. Its head almost touched the rocky ceiling of the cave.

"Houndoom! Steelix! Attack!"

The two attackers turned their heads to look at the third figure stepping out in front of the Stranger. "Yes, ma'am!" the two roared in response. They lunged forward, striking at the Guild apprentices simultaneously.

"Now!" the Stranger ordered. The group all leapt forward, attacking as one. The Stranger's Metal Claw, Bidoof's Super Fang, Loudred's Brick Break, Sunflora's Pound, Corphish's Crabhammer, Diglett's Dig, Dugtrio's Giga Impact, Chimecho's Double Edge, and Croagunk's Poison Jab all hit simultaneously and Steelix and Houndoom were both thrown backward into the wall. There was a loud rumbling and an enormous rockfall tumbled down from the ceiling, smashing into the fallen Pokemon and burying them in a rocky tomb.

"YEAH!" Loudred whooped.

"Hey hey!" Corphish grinned. "Now we're cooking!"

"Omigosh, we did it!" Sunflora shrieked.

"You haven't taken us all down yet!"

The third figure stepped forward and the Stranger gasped. "You! I should have known you'd still be up to your tricks!"

"And I see you've turned into an old softie, Armaldo!" the purple, dragon-like Pokemon sneered. "Honestly, Armaldo! What are you doing hanging out with some losers like these?"

"I could say the same to you, Gabite!" the Stranger scoffed, glancing over at the rockpile where Houndoom and Steelix were trapped. "Is it really that hard to find good help these days?"

"Um, sir?" Bidoof stepped up beside the Stranger. "Er, Armaldo? Is that what she called you?"

"Yes, that is my name," the Stranger nodded. "I'm Armaldo."

"Ok, Armaldo," Bidoof continued. "Um, do you know this Pokemon?"

Armaldo nodded solemnly. "Yes, I do. This is Gabite, and she used to be my partner."

"Partner?" Sunflora gasped. "She was a good guy?"

"No," Armaldo sighed. "I was a bad one."

"WHAT?!?!" the Guild apprentices all gasped as one.

Gabite grinned evilly. "That's right, kiddies! Armaldo and I used to be one of the greatest team of bandits this world has ever seen! We went years and years without getting caught before Armaldo here decided to retire."

"Armaldo, sir, is that all true?" Diglett inquired.

"Yes, it's all true," Armaldo admitted ruefully. "We robbed from the widows and swindled the poor. But eventually, it became too much for me. I went into hiding to keep from being arrested. But then, I met Igglybuff."

"Igglybuff?" Chimecho wondered aloud. "Who's that?"

"Oh, sorry," Armaldo apologized. "Who I knew as Igglybuff, you all know as Wigglytuff. I met a young Igglybuff once, and he brought my spirit back into adventuring. Because of all the adventures I went on with him, I was eventually discovered and arrested, but it was all worth it. Junior made it all worth it."

"So you knew our Guildmaster when he was just a child?" Dugtrio gasped.

"Meh heh heh," Croagunk grinned. "I've overheard Guildmaster talking about you before, actually. He still calls you Master, meh heh heh."

Armaldo grinned. "Aw, that's just like Junior, alright." He briefly turned away from Gabite to face the apprentices. "Ok, now here's the plan. I'll stay here and take on Gabite, you guys go on ahead. I'll be right behind you!"

"What?" Corphish gasped. "Hey hey, we can't leave you here alone!"

"No!" Armaldo commanded. "Just do it! I can handle her!"

Gabite jumped forward, claws glowing white with Slash. "Oh, I'd like to test that theory!"

Armaldo crossed his arms for X-Scissor and braced for impact. "Get going, guys!" he cried one more time. "Now!"

"Alright!" Chimecho agreed, taking charge. "Come on guys, he told us to go, so let's go!"

"Right behind you, yup yup!" Bidoof grinned.

"Hey hey! So am I!" Corphish agreed.

"Eek! Don't forget me!" Sunflora squeaked.

"Or me!" Diglett cut in.

"Let's get going!" Dugtrio whooped.

"Meh heh heh!" Croagunk snickered. "Count me in!"

And so, with the sounds of battle growing louder behind them, the Guild apprentices continued on towards the top of the cave. Fogbound Lake lay just ahead, and already, the presence of the Guildmaster urged them forward.

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 7th January 2010 at 7:52 PM.

Author's Profile

Another good chapter!, I thought the gabite was the one from maze cave

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Another good chapter!, I thought the gabite was the one from maze cave
    Nope, this is a different Gabite.

Author's Profile

Brilliant. absolutely brilliant. i like the way you gave armaldo a partner, especially one of my favourite pokemon. (idea clicks in back of head) let me guess... wigglytuff's old friends from the place he used to live are also going to get involved at a later point as well right?
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Wow, it was great! I'm pretty glad that I'm pretty fair in Explorers of Sky. Don't you think you should put in if a chapter will have Explorers of Sky spoilers?
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Wow, this fic is good!

"GEESH, Bidoof! Is your brain REALLY that RUSTY???"
    Well, all of our brains creak a few times. (Albeit, it's a bit more common in Bidoof.)

I only really found one thing I think is odd.

"And I see you've turned into an old softie, Armaldo!" the purple, dragon-like Pokemon sneered. "Honestly, Armaldo! What are you doing hanging out with some losers like these?"
    I think that the "Armaldo" in bold is unnecessary.

Sorry that I haven't reviewed yet. I read the story before, but I didn't have an account at that point.

I knew the stranger was Armaldo! Then again, so did everyone else. Great chapter.
    on a hiatus at the moment.

Geez, being busy for the last five days reading series of manga surely made me rarely check up on Serebii, and I noticed that the PM was from two days ago and I certainly missed the fun of voting the names... O.O;

By the way, great chapter, never thought that there'll be a partner for Armaldo ^^;

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Lol at the rusty brain bit. Ok, so now the humour moves a bit to allow the plot to develop. Nice one.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

I've made an edit into Book 1, now. In Book 1, Dialga's explanation for why he couldn't bring Grovyle to the present, yet he could Piplup, was very jumbled and I didn't think it made sense. Therefore, I changed it, and it is somewhat vital to the story. The change is in Chapter 4 of Book 1, for those who wish to check it out.

Author's Profile

Hmm, here's what I think could have happened in chapter 16. First Grovyle used Substitute, then he used Dig. Now I haven't studied Pokemon attacks in a really long time so I'm not entirely sure that is possible, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it!

Oh and sorry for being gone so long GalladeRocks. I meant to come back much sooner but I kept letting other thing get in my way.

And add me to the PM list again(Sorry, um again for not getting back to you on what that was when I asked before.) Keep up the good work.

PM List please, like all cool kids should
    ASB Squad

Ok, you're both on the PM list. And I am extremely, sincerely sorry that Chapter 18 is taking so long. I've had a lot to do with the family lately and have barely even had time to get onto the forums, let alone type a chapter. It should be posted sometime in the near future.

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Ok, you're both on the PM list. And I am extremely, sincerely sorry that Chapter 18 is taking so long. I've had a lot to do with the family lately and have barely even had time to get onto the forums, let alone type a chapter. It should be posted sometime in the near future.
    That's ok! It's worth the wait so far. Didn't you tell me that it was going to be longer than the previous chapters too?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Ok, I've finally got back around to typing the next chapter. Sorry that it was soooooo long since my last chapter. (Almost two months...yikes.) With all the major holidays out of the way, I should be able to get chapters up more quickly now.

And, here it is!

Chapter 18
    A Tad Less Dead

Blackness flooded into Piplup's vision. One moment, he had been preparing to take on Sceptile and his gang; the next, everything was gone. He had the feeling that he was moving at an extremely fast speed, but couldn't tell for sure due to the sheer darkness around him. Slowly, his thoughts began to fizzle and lights exploded in his head. An enormous amount of pressure suddenly slammed down him and, in the last seconds before slipping into unconsciousness, he could swear that he felt something not his own flooding into his body that was not his own. Something...inanimate.

Then, as suddenly as he had fainted, he was back, and so was the world. As his eyelids cracked open slightly, Piplup caught sight of the towering ruins looming up above him. "I-I'm," he stuttered. "I'm back in the cave?"

"You betcha. And you're lucky, buddy. I almost lost you back there."

"D-Dusknoir?"

"Gee, you must be further out of it than I thought. Yes, it's me."

Piplup tried to sit up from where he'd been laid, but he cringed with pain and flopped down again. "Wh-what happened? I blacked out..."

"Oh, that wasn't a black-out." Dusknoir's shadowy form moved into Piplup's thin field of vision. "You were underground."

Piplup frowned. "Wh-what? I don't remember going underground."

"Of course not. I hauled you under. Sorry about the lack of warning, but I figured you'd be a tad less dead if I didn't waste time explaining. Looks like it worked."

"I'm grateful."

"Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?"

"No, Dusknoir, no you don't. And neither do I."

Dusknoir moved back out of sight and laughed heartily. "If you're still cracking jokes, you can't be too bad."

Piplup sat up, but this time, there was no pain. He finally managed to open his eyes the rest of the way and looked around. Lucario was standing guard at the entrance to the moss-lit cavern. Piplup thought he could make out Mew's voice coming from somewhere nearby, but he wasn't able to trace quite where. "Na, I'm fine. Just a little knock on the old monkey-bus!" He twitched violently on the last word.

"Um...what?"

"Wow, that was weird." Piplup shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Sorry about that. I'm just a little woozy. Oh, and I can't feel my spleen. Why can't I feel my spleen? Oh no, am I going to die? Oh, I knew it! I'm gonna die!"

Dusknoir grabbed Piplup by the shoulders and shook him violently. "No you're not, Piplup! It's just hysteria! It's mass hysteria! Snap out of it, man! Calm down! Just calm down!"

"Well, it's good to see that your recovery is coming along well."

Piplup and Dusknoir looked up to see Mew hovering before them. "Oh, hi Mew," they greeted simultaneously.

"Dusknoir, if you're quite done stirring up Piplup's already jumbled brains-"

"Shaken, not stirred," Piplup interjected.

Mew sighed. "Ok, fine. Dusknoir, if you're quite done shaking up Piplup's already jumbled brains, I could use your assistance."

"Fine, fine, I guess I've had my fun." Dusknoir turned and followed Mew back into the shelter of the ruins.

"Wait!" Piplup called. "Don't leave me! I can't handle the rejection!"

"Oh, don't hyperventilate again," Dusknoir ordered sternly. "Chimchar'll be right out to keep you company."

As if on cue, Chimchar bounded out from the shadows and landed directly in front of Piplup. "Booga booga booga!"

"Aaaaaargh!" Piplup screamed.

"Ha ha ha!" Chimchar laughed. "Gotcha!"

"Not funny!" Piplup growled.

Mew smiled grimly as she turned to head back into the ruins. "Ok, you boys have fun!"

"Alright!" Chimchar saluted. He turned back to Piplup. "So? How was your little trip through the underground?"

"Oh, fine, fine," Piplup shrugged. "Until Dusknoir did something which he didn't explain which caused me to lose consciousness."

"Oh, he dropped you."

Piplup frowned. "Dropped me? I don't remember any plummeting, and I figured I should at least remember that much."

"Well, Dusknoir made you intangible and dragged you underground to bring you back here to the cavern. And, while you were intangible and underground, he dropped you."

"He dropped me underground?"

"Yep. Then, you were occupying the exact same space as the solid earth in the ground. Given the physical impossiblity and the laws of matter, you should have suddenly ceased to exist, but somehow, Dusknoir managed to save you again."

"Wow. I feel so good to have a caring friend like him." Piplup chuckled sarcastically.

Chimchar grinned. "Yep. Never a dull moment, you have to admit."

"Well, I still haven't heard the story about exactly what happened back there," Piplup continued. "Dusknoir never explained anything, except for the whole dragging me underground thing. What happened?"

"Quite a bit, actually," Chimchar answered. "I'll be happy to explain, in the form of song."

"Song?"

"I got really excited and decided to write a song about it."

"Ok, let me here it."

"Yeah!" Chimchar whooped. And then, he began:

"The Army Yahoos are runnin'
    And Sceptile's gang is chasin'!
    But Machamp's trackin'
    is somewhat less than amazin'.
    Lucario is standin' guard,
    But the bad guys have lost the trail..."

"Ok, ok, that's enough!" Piplup interrupted.

Chimchar sniffed sadly. "Wh-what's wrong? You don't like my song?"

"No, no," Piplup shook his head. "The song is fine. It's the voice singing it that's got me wanting to head for the hills."

"But...but..."

"I'm just kidding, buddy."

"Really?"

"Eh, not really."

"Sniff..."

"Boys!"

Piplup and Chimchar looked up. Mew was floating in the darkened entrance into the ruins. "Come on, guys. There's something you need to see. I just hope you aren't queazy..."

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 26th January 2010 at 3:12 AM.

Author's Profile

Oooh, finally the next chapter yay for first review!
    I got what the chapter wants to tell though [s]and Piplup's safe! Hoora![/s[

Btw:

"Well, Dusknoir made you intangible and dragged you underground to bring you back here to the cavern. And, while you were intangible and underground, he dropped me."
    I think you mean "you", cause after that caption, Piplup relied with, "He dropped me underground?", or maybe some other mistake? =/

In honor of Mystica

Yay a new chapter It looks like Piplup truly trust Dusknoir know I wonder what will happen in the next chapter.

Woah, you brought logic in the form of physics in Pokemon? That is normally FAIL, but youv'e made it WIN.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

I'm so glad I'm on the PM list, now you just need to introduce a Golduck and it'll be the best story ever
    ASB Squad

Wow I thought I Chimchar used Dig to get Piplup away, big turn of events. Anyway, nice to see Piplup is okay. So what happened to Sceptile and gang? Will we see them again?

Great Chapter!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

finaly... new chapter...
    oooh..... ghost pokemon can make other pokemon intangible enough to pull them through solid rock? that could be very useful in any number of situations that i can think of.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemator View Post
    I'm so glad I'm on the PM list, now you just need to introduce a Golduck and it'll be the best story ever
    Ooh, nice thinking with that request! In the next book, there will be an enormous cast of what is essentially the "extras" of my series. I'll be happy to include a Golduck among them! I warn you, though, that it's only mention will probably be a sentence detailing either a) it getting the crap beat out of it, b) a building collapsing on it, or c) it getting the crap beat out of it, followed by having a building collapsing on it.

And thanks for pointing out my error, Mi10ticFan. I'll get that fixed right away.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 5th January 2010 at 11:04 PM.

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks
    a) it getting the crap beat out of it
    b) a building collapsing on it, or
    c) it getting the crap beat out of it, followed by having a building collapsing on it.
    Poor Golduck...

In honor of Mystica

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast