Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

The whole chapter was amusing, especially the part when Piplup and Chimchar were conversing with each other. Still, they were saved, that's a relief. I noticed that they always seem to have a random conversation in most of the chapters. But why are Rampardos and Bastiodon referred to as #88 and #89? Are those their scout numbers?
    on a hiatus at the moment.

I liked this chapter. Can't wait for more!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

No.88 and No.89 are the Shieldon and Cranidos's numbers in the army. Every member of the army has a different number. As for why I chose No.88 and No.89...I'll just have to see if any one can figure out that reference. A hint: It's from a show on Disney Channel.

Chapter 5
    Delta T9

"Incoming!"

The swarm of Cranidos and Shieldon struck like a tidal wave. Dozens upon dozens upon dozens completely overtook the quartet of heroes in a matter of seconds. Piplup saw Chimchar completely disappear beneath the ocean of soldiers.

"Help!"

"Chimchar!"

Piplup was to him in a second, blasting Cranidos and Shieldon in every direction with Hydro Pump. The partners stood back to back, pushing back wave after wave of enemies with Hydro Pump and Flamethrower. The action was intense. The ceiling, walls, and floor were completely obscured by pulsing wall of soldiers.

Grovyle spun in a circle, slashing away the enemies surrounding him with Leaf Blade. Even then, though, the soldiers in the back continued to make their way to him. The leaf on his head glowed green as he fired a barrage of Energy Balls headlong into the Cranidos wall approaching him, forcing them all to the ground hard. They were immediately trampled by their own allies behind them. "Dusknoir! How are you faring?"

"Nngh!"

"What?"

"Nngh!"

"I can't understand you!"

There was a sudden scream and a Shieldon soared through the air, smashing hard into the ceiling.

"I was trying to say that I was choking on a Shieldon!"

"Oh, sorry."

Dusknoir whirled around as he felt a sharp pain in his back. A Cranidos was standing behind him, Iron Tail jabbing him hard between the shoulders. He gave it a swift Shadow Punch in the chin to send it flying back into the ranks following behind it. His fist then ignited with fire as he smashed forward into a gang of Shieldon with Fire Punch. "Sorry isn't going to cut it if I choke on an enemy! Not since the Kirby incident has there been an end that gruesome!"

"Ah yes, poor Kirby," Grovyle mused as he blasted away a Cranidos with Bullet Seed. "He never would have guessed that that Waddle Dee was a made of lead."

Piplup and Chimchar turned to where they thought their friends' voices were coming from. "What in the heck are you talking about?" Piplup cried.

"Err, you wouldn't understand," Grovyle explained.

"Yes," Dusknoir agreed. "You haven't seen as much of the world as we have."

Grovyle cut back in. "And trust me, there are some things that you'll never want to see."

"And people that you'll never want to see either," Dusknoir added.

"Alright," Chimchar shrugged. "If you say so. Watch out!"

There, in the thick of the action, Piplup and Chimchar once again found themselves face to face with their newest enemies. How they knew it was them, they didn't know, but they still knew just the same. "You guys!" Piplup growled.

"Ha ha! We'll get 'em this time, right No.89?"

"You said it, No.88!"

The Cranidos and Shieldon pair pounced. Iron Head and Zen Headbutt struck home as they crashed into Piplup and Chimchar, sending them all rolling through the crowd.

At the same time, Grovyle and Dusknoir managed to make their way to each other. "Tell me you have a plan," Grovyle hoped.

"I have a plan."

"So what is it?"

"Hey, I was just doing what you said."

"So you don't have a plan?"

"That's a no."

"Ok, I guess I'll have to do it."

"Wait!"

"You've got a plan now?"

"No! This Cranidos just bit my hand!"

The Cranidos glared up defiantly. "I've got a name, you know!"

"Well ain't that just the Meowth's meow."

"That's it, I-"

The Cranidos was unable to finish his sentence before the blue orb of Dusknoir's Focus Blast launched him away through the crowd.

Grovyle frowned as he slashed away a Shieldon with Leaf Blade. "What was all that about?"

"Poor, dumb Cranidos. He actually thinks he's important."

"I'm sure he's important in somebody's life."

"Doubt it."

"He's important in his own life."

"What life?"

"Wait! I've got it!"

Grovyle abruptly disappeared beneath the earth.

Meanwhile, Piplup and Chimchar were managing to stand against their enemies. No.88 and No.89 were bombarding them endlessly with Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse, respectively. The shining silver beams and glowing green orbs sent chunks of rock flying in every direction, leaving no room for retaliation from their opponents.

"Ha ha ha ha!" No.88 laughed. "We're actually doing something important! And Mother told me I'd never amount to anything!"

"Yes!" No.89 added. "I just can't wait to see what kind of reward we get from Rampardos and Bastiodon! Ha ha ha ha h-gleck! Bleach!"

No.88 turned quickly to look at his Cranidos partner. "What is it? What have they done to you?"

"They didn't do anything. I choked on my own spit!"

"The horror!"

"Pardon us."

The two turned just as Chimchar's Fire Spin struck. They were sucked up into the firey tornado, screaming the whole way. But that wasn't the end of it.

"We're bringing back the classics!" Piplup whooped. His Whirpool crashed into the Fire Spin, and the two cancelled each other out, creating a large cloud of steam. "And the clincher!" Piplup's Blizzard roared through the tunnel, freezing the steam solid, with No.88 and No.89 stuck inside.

"Noooo!" No.88 wailed.

"What?" No.89 asked. Both their voices were muffled by the layering ice around them.

"I said, noooo!"

"Woah, to you too! That was woah! I didn't know we could take such a beating!"

"No, I said nooo!"

"Yes, that was snow! It was a Blizzard that froze us!"

"No no no! I said no!"

"Yo yo yo, my home dawg! No.88 and No.89 in da house, yo!"

"You're hopeless!"

"Yes, I very much would like a salad!"

"What are you even talking about?"

"I don't know!"

"Like I said, you're hopeless!"

"Hey! Maybe some friendly moss god will save us from our icy prison!"

"Yeah, sure, like a moss god would ever save anyone."

Piplup and Chimchar turned to each other and grinned. "The good old Delta T9!"

"You've gotta love the classics!"

Immediately, Dusknoir appeared, scooping up the two and charged as fast as he could. "Dusknoir?" Chimchar inquired. "What are you doing?"

"We've got to get out of here!" Dusknoir assured. "Grovyle's gonna bring the house down!"

"What's he going to do?" Piplup questioned.

"Like I said! He's gonna bring the house down!"

Dusknoir finally managed to break through the last of the Cranidos and Shieldon and continued charging down the tunnel further, Piplup and Chimchar both clutched tightly in his arms.

And then, Grovyle brought the house down. He burst out of the wall with his Dig, bringing it crashing to the ground as he went. Immediately, the portion of the ceiling directly overhead came crashing down upon the party of Cranidos and Shieldon. And Grovyle.

"Grovyle!" Piplup and Chimchar gasped simultaneously. He had sacrificed himself again.

Then, the ground ahead of the rubble heap began to heave. Coughing, a bruised, dust covered Grovyle resurfaced from the earth. "Piplup, Chimchar," he sputtered. "C-come closer."

The two leapt out of Dusknoir's arms and rushed to Grovyle's side. "Y-yes Grovyle?" Piplup stuttered.

"I-if I ever decide to do that again...If I ever bring a rock ceiling down on top of myself again..."

"Yes, go on!"

"M-make sure that I use Dig before the rocks hit, not after."

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 3:30 AM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

"Ah yes, poor Kirby," Grovyle mused as he blasted away a Cranidos with Bullet Seed. "He never would have guessed that that Waddle Dee was a lead sculpture."
    Yay! Kirby reference!

"I said, noooo!"

"Woah, to you too! That was woah! I didn't know we could take such a beating!"

"No, I said nooo!"

"Yes, that was snow! It was a Blizzard that froze us!"

"No no no! I said no!"

"Yo yo yo, my home dawg! #88 and #89 in da house, yo!"

"You're hopeless!"

"Yes, I very much would like a salad!"

"What are you even talking about?"

"I don't know!"

"Like I said, you're hopeless!"

"Hey! Maybe some friendly moss god will save us from our icy prison!"
    I read this and LOL'd. Especially the part when:
    'Yo yo yo, my home dawg! #88 and #89 in da house, yo!"
    That, for me, was the best part in the whole chapter. ^_^

Lol, Dusknoir and Kirby reference XD

"I-if I ever decide to do that again...If I ever bring a rock ceiling down on top of myself again..."

"Yes, go on!"

"M-make sure that I use Dig before the rocks hit, not after."
    Haha, a very good point, Grovyle ^^

Just one thing, it would be better if you type out numbers that are below one hundred in words, or just type No. 89 instead of this symbol ----> (#)

Just a little advice I've learnt from other writings while writing fanfic ^^
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 29th July 2009 at 3:35 PM.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Great chapter! Very funny! Can't wait for more.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_piplup123 View Post
    Just one thing, it would be better if you type out numbers that are below one hundred in words, or just type No. 89 instead of this symbol ----> (#)

Just a little advice I've learnt from other writings while writing fanfic ^^
    Ok, I went back and edited, so now #88 and #89 are now No.88 and No.89. Thanks for the tip.

Chapter 6
    Piplup's Suspicions

Crash!

As the rocks fell, shards of ice flew in every direction.

"W-we're free!"

"Yes! We're free!"

Apparently, plan Delta T9 can't last during a rockfall.

"Let's go, let's go!"

"I can't!"

"Why?"

"My head's stuck in the ground!"

"Your head's stuck in the ground? How's your head stuck in the ground?"

"If I knew that, my head wouldn't be stuck in the ground!"

Sighing with frustration, No.88 tackled his partner hard, sending the Cranidos spiraling out of the hole in the ground where his head was stuck. No.89 jumped right back to his feet.

"Wait, we're stuck! The rocks are blocking our way back to the city!"

"You do remember that we can Dig, don't you?"

"Oh yeah!"

With that, the pair burrowed back beneath the earth. They had plenty of news for Rampardos and Bastiodon.

The quartet continued on down the tunnel, leaving the rockfall far behind them. The pleas for freedom of the buried Cranidos and Shieldon went unanswered.

"What was up with all those guys?"

"Yeah, why would they just attack us like that?"

Grovyle looked back over his shoulder to see Piplup and Chimchar. "Maybe the Core is a more dangerous place than we'd imagined."

"Filled with primitive Pokemon who kill to live and live to kill!"

"Dusknoir!"

"Sorry."

Grovyle turned back to Piplup and Chimchar. "The Cranidos and Shieldon were probably just protecting their home."

"That's true," Piplup agreed. "It's not like they have visitors often."

"And it explains why No.88 and No.89 said that we attacked them first," Chimchar added. "They were mad at us for intruding in their home."

Grovyle frowned. "That may be true, but..."

"But what?"

"Well, when Dusknoir and I ran into those Pokemon..." He trailed off.

Chimchar was jumping up and down with anticipation. "Tell us, tell us!"

Dusknoir turned to Grovyle. "Yes, Grovyle, tell them. Don't keep the surprise from them."

Grovyle looked up at Dusknoir. "You don't even know what I was thinking, do you?"

"What? How could you say that? Of course I know, I was there! I just want you to tell these two!"

"Why don't you tell them, then?"

"Well, I don't believe it's my place to say..."

"Fine. I'll tell them."

Chimchar's eyes were firey with impatience. "C'mon! Just tell us!"

"Oh yes," Grovyle continued. "Well, when I first saw the Cranidos and Shieldon, it looked as if... It looked as if they were searching for something."

Piplup frowned. "Searching? For what?"

"I think they were searching... For us."

Piplup and Chimchar drew back. Even Dusknoir let out an involuntary gasp. Grovyle turned on him.

"I thought you knew what I was thinking?"

"I did. I just didn't want Piplup and Chimchar to feel alone."

"Whatever."

"Th-they were searching for us?" Chimchar stuttered. "How? Why?"

Grovyle shrugged. "I have no idea why. I don't even know for sure if they were looking for us, but that's how it appeared to me."

"But if they were looking specifically for us..." Piplup's thoughts led to a horrible realization.

"Yes, Piplup." Grovyle finished his sentence for him. "That means that they somehow knew we were coming. They knew when we arrived."

Chimchar shook his head in confusion. "But, that's impossible! They would have had to have been watching us."

"Or they had someone watching us," Grovyle cut in. "Perhaps they have some Ghost Pokemon allied with them."

Something unpleasant clicked in Piplup's head. 'Ghost Pokemon,' he repeated to himself.

Chimchar snapped his fingers. "Of course! If there were any Ghost Pokemon, they could have been hiding in the walls!"

"Yes," Grovyle nodded. "And then they could have sent a telepathic message back to the Cranidos and Shieldon to warn us of our arrival!"

"Hey!" Dusknoir crossed his arms. "I happen to know Ghost Pokemon well, considering that I am one, and I happen to know that no Ghost Pokemon...Er, most Ghost Pokemon would not do such a terrible thing. Er, maybe some Ghost Pokemon. Yes, for sure, there are some Ghost types who would never do such a thing!"

Piplup scowled at Dusknoir. 'Being that you are a Ghost type, it's rather convenient that these guys just found us, apparently due to the work of a Ghost Pokemon.'

But another voice in the back of Piplup's head argued with him. 'But Dusknoir saved Chimchar and I from the rockfall. Surely if he wanted us gone he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of saving us then.'

'Maybe he needs to take us to his dark masters here in the Core! They may need us alive!'

'Dusknoir had no master but Primal Dialga, and that time is long gone.'

'We don't know that he never got a new master. For all we know, he could be working for Darkrai!'

Piplup snapped back to attention as he realized that the others were heading back on their way down the tunnel. He hurried to catch up with them, but then realized that Dusknoir was moving rather slowly. Perhaps to keep his eye on Chimchar and Grovyle? The two were chatting conversationally further ahead. Maybe Dusknoir was even preparing to make a move against them.

Piplup fell into step beside Dusknoir. He looked up at the larger Pokemon looming above him. He was getting ready to tell him something. Maybe that he had his eye on him, or something like that, but Piplup never got his chance.

There was a sudden scream and then, Chimchar and Grovyle were not alone. Something loomed up above them, rocky body trembling with energy. What was apparently the golem's face was spotted with seven eyes, arranged in the shape of an H. Each of the eyes glowed bright orange, and a deep, mechanical grunt emanated from the creature. It glared down at Chimchar and Grovyle, still just in front of it. And then, it attacked.

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 3:32 AM.

Author's Profile

Oooh, they encountered Regirock. This chapter had a serious feeling to it from the start.

Awesome chapter! Looks like Chimchar and Grovyle encountered Regirock. They can handle it, especially when you add Piplup and Dusknoir. Can't wait for more!

White 2:

Chapter 7
    A Big Problem

"Aaargh!!!"

Chimchar and Grovyle had no time to move before they were slammed against the wall by an enormous, stony arm. The Pokemon standing above them seemed to be completely formed from rocks and boulders. Some of its body was made from a pale tan mineral, but its shoulders, as well as a few other patches, were made out of hard red rock.

Chimchar and Grovyle slumped stunned against the tunnel wall. Piplup and Dusknoir simultaneously leapt at this new opponent, firing Hydro Pump and Focus Blast, respectively. The attacks crashed into the Pokemon, sending pieces of stone flying in every direction. When the dust settled, there were a few small chips in the creature's chest. It took a few slow steps forward.

"I know this Pokemon!" Piplup exclaimed.

"What?" Dusknoir gasped. "You know this Pokemon? How?"

Piplup kept his eye on the approaching enemy as he spoke. "It's a Regirock. Chimchar and I fought one while we were exploring Aegis Cave with Team Charms."

"This is a Regirock?" Dusknoir seemed startled. "But Regirock is a legendary Pokemon!"

Piplup shrugged. "Like I said, Chimchar and I beat one before, so I'm sure that the four of us can take it out."

"In case you haven't noticed, there's only two of us."

Dusknoir finally remembered the unconscious Chimchar and Grovyle. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Guess we're on our own."

"Apparently."

"Rock!"

The two whirled back to face Regirock too late. It had launched a Zap Cannon straight for them. The shot of electrical energy smashed into Piplup hard, sending him surging backward. "Yeeow!"

Dusknoir fired another Focus Blast, which once again hit its target. Regirock reeled back from the impact, almost falling onto its back. "Have at you, then!" Dusknoir whooped, following up with Shadow Punch. His fist glowing purple, he charged at the stunned Regirock. However, as he reached it, he realized that it was not stunned at all, but merely waiting. He tried to pull back, but he was too late. Two blue rings encircled Regirock, then solidified into sharp-pointed stones. It released the Stone Edge, catching Dusknoir full on, sending him crashing to the ground. "No!"

Piplup and Dusknoir were both down now, stunned into unconsciousness. Regirock seemed indifferent to their fate and turned around, heading back the direction it had come. It was stopped, however, by an Energy Ball to the face.

"Bullseye!"

"I got him, alright!"

Chimchar and Grovyle had recovered at last and stood between Regirock and its decided path. The legendary Pokemon fired a firey orange Hyper Beam, but its targets were too quick. They leapt quickly aside and rushed straight up to it. Chimchar unleashed his Focus Punch, immediately followed up by Grovyle's Leaf Blade. The two backflipped off of Regirock's chest and landed on their feet back in front of it, grinning triumphantly.

Regirock's chest was now riddled with chips and gouges, its hard stone features scratched and scraped. Its eyes glowed brilliant orange now, and its emotionless face was suddenly much more ominous. It lifted its arms in the air and brought them down in Hammer Arm, striking a glancing blow to Chimchar and sending him spinning onto his stomach. "Ack!" he winced. The blue rings of Stone Edge formed again around Regirock.

"I've got you, Chimchar!"

Just as the Stone Edge fired at Chimchar, Grovyle's Bullet Seed struck the stones, shattering them all to chalky dust. With the opening created by the blocked attack, Chimchar somersaulted underneath Regirock and launched up into its back, surrounded by Flame Wheel.

"Rock!" Regirock stumbled forward, tripping right into Grovyle's waiting Leaf Blade.

"Woohoo!" Chimchar hollered. "That's what he gets for messing with us!"

Regirock turned on Chimchar. "Leave this place." His voice, obviously male, was robotic and emotionless.

"Huh?" Chimchar frowned. "We just want to save you Pokemon of the Core! That's the only reason we're here!"

"Leave this place." Regirock immediately fired another Hyper Beam.

"Out of the way!"

Chimchar suddenly found himself on the ground. Piplup was lying beside him, having tackled him out of the path of the Hyper Beam. "Piplup! You're ok!"

"You know it takes more than that to get rid of me! Besides, I wasn't even unconscious. I was only paralyzed."

"Leave this place."

Regirock was looming over them again. A Zap Cannon was forming in front of its glowing eyes. Piplup and Chimchar jumped up, preparing to attack, but Grovyle leapt in front of them. "Grovyle?" Piplup gasped.

"What are you doing?" Chimchar questioned.

Grovyle grinned. "Just putting an old plan to good use."

Regirock launched the Zap Cannon. Just as it reached Grovyle, he crossed twin Leaf Blades in front of his face, catching the Zap Cannon between them. "Wow!" Piplup's eyes grew wide.

"Awesome!" Chimchar added.

"Humph. I remember that old trick well."

Piplup and Chimchar whirled around to see Dusknoir floating behind them. "Dusknoir! You're awake!" Chimchar turned back to Grovyle. "But how do you know that move?"

"Just wait a moment. It's not over yet."

No sooner had Dusknoir said the words, Grovyle had squeezed the Leaf Blades closer together, firing the Zap Cannon straight back at its user. The attack hit Regirock directly in the middle of its chest, sending crackling arms of electricity all the way through its body, paralyzing it where it stood.

"It's even awesomer then it was before!" Chimchar squealed excitedly.

Piplup frowned. "I don't think awesomer is a word."

"Well, we can make it one!"

"Oh pah-leeze!"

"What?"

"You don't have the authority to make words! You have to be more authoritical to make words."

"I don't think authoritical is a word either."

"Well, I am authoritical enough to make authoritical a word."

"Whatever!"

"L-l-lea-" Regirock's mechanical voice stuttered uncontrollably. "L-l-leave th-th-this p-pl-pl-place."

Grovyle sighed. "I must say, sir, that I have had quite enough of this!" With that, he slashed his twin Leaf Blades across Regirock's face. The legendary Pokemon dropped like, well, a rock.

Dusknoir floated over to examine the fallen Pokemon. "Very interesting. Yet another Pokemon attacking us out of the blue."

"And a legendary Pokemon at that," Chimchar added.

"As I said," Grovyle nodded. "Perhaps the Core is a more perilous place than we could have imagined."

The small group stepped over Regirock and continued on down the tunnel. However, once they were gone, the legendary Pokemon's seven eyes blinked back to life, glowing the same firey orange as before. As it turned to trail its targets down the tunnel, its thoughts reached out to another nearby being.

'Rock...'

Further down the tunnel, not far ahead of the travelling quartet, another set of seven eyes blinked to life. These eyes were arranged in the shape of a cross on their owner's carved, gleaming face. And then, the new being sent back its response to Regirock.

'Ice...'

"Rampardos, Bastiodon!"

"We've got news!"

"And a problem!"

"A big problem!"

Sighing, the former leaders of the Core turned away from the window they were staring out on the top floor of the Capitol building. Two of their soldiers, one each of Cranidos and Shieldon, had arrived in the room after sprinting up the many flights of stairs. Gasping for breath, the two looked about ready to pass out.

"What urgent business brings you two clear up here?" Rampardos snarled.

"It had better be good!" Bastiodon agreed. "You two know that you're normally not allowed on his floor!"

The Shieldon shook his head hurriedly. "No no, this is extremely important news." No.88 turned to No.89 for assistance, but found none.

Rampardos's eyes glowed even more crimson than usual. "Out with it, then!"

"You see," No.88 explained. "The intruders in the tunnels, they..."

"What did they do?" Bastiodon bellowed. "Just say it!"

"The intruders brought down part of the tunnel ceiling. All of the rest of the members of our attacking party were trapped underneath the rubble."

"The entire party was taken out in one move?" Bastiodon was taken aback.

"Yes, that is correct."

"What number are you two again?"

"I'm No.88, and he's No.89."

Rampardos nodded. "Yes, of course. No.88, No.89, I am entrusting you two to personally track these intruders. When you manage to track them down, immediately send word for us and we'll send in the Army."

No.88 gasped and drew back. "You're going to send in the entire Army after them?"

"What other choice do we have? It is the only way we can assure they do not escape."

"Y-yes, sirs." No.88 bowed his head. He kicked No.89 in the shin, signaling him to do the same. "We'll leave immediately, sirs."

He and his partner turned and quickly fled back down the enormous staircase. "Wow, No.88!" No.89 could barely contain his excitement. "We've got our first major job!"

"Yes, No.89, this is a grand day for us indeed! Just imagine the glory and honor that will be ours when we return with the news! We'll be heroes!"

"But what if we don't succeed?"

"You're kidding, right? How can we not succeed?"

"You're right. After all, we're invincible!"

"I wouldn't go that far."

"True. But we're fearless!"

"And cunning!"

"And lovable!"

"And-"

Before No.89 could finish his sentence, he'd stepped on his own foot and fell face first on top of No.88. The two continued to bounce and roll down the stairs. After a few long, painful minutes, the two hit the hard stone floor at the bottom. There was a resounding ring as No.88's metal head struck the floor and began to vibrate wildly.

"Ok, that's why coordinated wasn't on our list."

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 3:33 AM.

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    "But what if we don't succeed?"

"You're kidding, right? How can we not succeed?"

"You're right. After all, we're invincible!"

"I wouldn't go that far."

"True. But we're fearless!"

"And cunning!"

"And lovable!"

"And-"

Before No.89 could finish his sentence, he'd stepped on his own foot and fell face first on top of No.88. The two continued to bounce and roll down the stairs. After a few long, painful minutes, the two hit the hard stone floor at the bottom. There was a resounding ring as No.88's metal head struck the floor and began to vibrate wildly.

"Ok, that's why coordinated wasn't on our list."
    LOL at this quote xD

I would've posted sooner but no =[
    At least the story is going fine =]
    Ooh, they're going to meet Regice huh?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

"I don't think awesomer is a word."

"Well, we can make it one!"

"Oh pah-leeze!"

"What?"

"You don't have the authority to make words! You have to be more authoritical to make words."

"I don't think authoritical is a word either."

"Well, I am authoritical enough to make authoritical a word."
    Oh, LOL! That was funny. I see you made another story. I'll read that too! ^_^

I liked this chapter! Very funny! Can't wait for more!

White 2:

Loving the series, guessing the regis are the gaolers?
        Spoiler:- urgent:

In case you hadn't noticed, I struggle to get my words out. As a result, for posts of over 50 words, I might get off track or go rambling. Please don't quote me word for word on things where it looks jumbled. Use common sense. Also, posting from an iPod doesn't help.

Stop "1337-speak"!
    If I can't observe you, as you are on the other end of the internet, are you dead or alive as far as I'm concerned. Virtual Schrodinger's cat

Sorry that it's been a while. I've been doing some work on other fictions and just got back around to this one.

Chapter 8
    Mothers, Grapes, and Pipe Bombs

Rampardos turned away from the top window of the Capitol and sighed. The echoes from No.88 and No.89's spectacular tumble down the staircase still reverberated around the room. "I'm beginning to think that sending out those two was a mistake."

Bastiodon nodded exhaustedly. "Yes, I too am thinking that."

"You have a better idea?"

"I might..."

"What are you planning?"

"Well, I've got a few friends I could call in..."

"What friends? All we've got are Master Rayquaza and the Army."

"Well, they're not really friends, more hired guns."

"What are you talking about?"

"I have allies deep within the tunnels of the Core..."

"Just spit it out!"

"Mercenaries."

"There are mercenaries? How powerful?"

"They're the best there are."

"Better than us?"

"No, no. No one is better than us, except Master Rayquaza."

"Then why don't we take on the intruders ourselves?"

"We don't need to get our hands dirty."

"Well, can these mercenaries be trusted?"

"Of course not! What part of mercenaries do you not understand? They would trade their own mothers for grapes!"

"Is that an offer? I mean, no, we would not!"

Rampardos reeled back in surprise. Bastiodon turned around expectantly. Three dark figures were hiding in the shadows, cackling to themselves. "Ah, they're here."

Rampardos glared at his partner. "You mean you already called them in? Without talking to me first?"

"Don't worry, you'll thank me in the end."

"Ahem."

The leader of the mercenary trio stepped forward slightly. His face remained hidden in shadows, but a few of his physical features were visible now. He was humanoid in form, but spikes protruded from his wrists, and he appeared to have a tail. "Well? Where's our payment?"

"Don't worry," Bastiodon smiled evilly. "Your payment will be valuable enough."

"Gold?"

"No gold."

"Jewels?"

"No jewels."

"Weapons?"

"No weapons. You're not getting any material reward."

"What!?" The trio took a step forward towards the leaders of the Core.

Raaaaaaaarrrr!!!

The three dark figures stumbled back as the entire Capitol building quaked from the earth-shattering roar. Bastiodon bellowed with laughter. "That's right, you scum! You want a reward for your work? Master Rayquaza will give you a reward! You can keep your lives!"

The quartet marched on through the tunnel. They were all worn out after the encounter with Regirock. All they could think of was rest. Unfortunatley, there was someone who didn't want them to rest...

"Come on, Grovyle, let's take a break!"

"Yeah, Chimchar's right! We're pooped! We can't walk another step!"

"Float. I float."

"Oh yeah, sorry Dusknoir. We can't walk or float another step."

Grovyle sighed and turned to the trio following him. They all sagged from exhaustion. "Oh alright! We'll take a short break."

Upon hearing these words, Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir all collapsed on their faces, panting for breath. "Piplup, can I get some water?"

"Sure, whatever."

Chimchar opened his mouth wide. His entire head was engulfed by Piplup's Hydro Pump. "Aaah!"

"Woops. Sorry, Chimchar."

"That's alright! I got my drink!"

Piplup and Chimchar sat laughing hysterically everytime Piplup sprayed another Hydro Pump into Chimchar's thirsty mouth. Grovyle couldn't help but smile at their antics.

Then, the air grew cold.

Grovyle turned. He saw the glowing yellow orbs a moment too late. An icy gust swirled around him, and before he knew it, he was flash-frozen where he stood.

Dusknoir saw the attack as it hit. "Piplup, Chimchar! We've got company!"

The two looked up just as the source of the yellow orbs emerged from behind the ice-encased Grovyle. They recognized it immediately.

"Ice!"

"That's a Regice!" Piplup exclaimed.

Dusknoir turned to him in surprise. "You've seen this thing, too?"

Chimchar nodded. "Yeah. We saw Regice in the same place where we saw Regirock. They were both in a place called Aegis Cave, along with a Registeel."

The frozen hulk loomed over the group, the air around them dropping rapidly. "Leave this place..."

"Why is everyone trying to get us out of here?" Piplup frowned.

"Don't complain!" Dusknoir ordered. "Fight!"

No sooner had Dusknoir finished his sentence, Regice's roaring Blizzard had overtaken him, freezing him just as Grovyle was. "Well this is great!" Piplup remarked.

"Come on, Piplup!" Chimchar grinned. "We've taken out one of these before, and we can do it again!"

"Especially with the one who has almost defeated you before!"

The two whirled back to the frozen Dusknoir. The ice was glowing red. Suddenly, the block exploded and Dusknoir shot out, Fire Punch charged and ready. He smashed his fist into Regice's face, knocking it back into the wall.

"Leave this place..."

Regice's Zap Cannon crashed headlong into Piplup. "Not this agai-" Already, he was paralyzed.

"Looks like it's just us," Chimchar frowned. Dusknoir launched a blue sphere, a Focus Blast, right back at Regice, striking it in the chest. It stood its ground, though, and responded with a Hyper Beam. Chimchar took the attack full in the chest, sending him reeling backward.

"Leave this place..."

Chimchar struggled back to his feet. "That's it, you're going down!" He belched out the strongest Flamethrower he could muster. The fire completely swallowed up Regice, hiding it from view in a shield of orange.

"Let me have some action, too!" Dusknoir cut in. He brought his fist into the side of Regice's head, causing an explosion of blackness with his Shadow Punch.

"Ice!" Regice roared. It began launching Zap Cannons in every direction, creating a rain of electrical energy throughout the tunnel.

Piplup rose to his feet, free of the paralysis at last. "Yes! I'm free! Prepare for your just defeat, O Melty One!" As soon as the words were out of his mouth, three more Zap Cannons exploded on top of him, locking him once again in a field of electricity. "Oh darn it!"

Chimchar rolled forward, fire leaping up around him as he went. His Flame Wheel struck home in Regice's chest. The Golem of Ice was wearing down. That made him angry.

"Leave this place!"

Regice stuck its arms up into the air and blasted the ceiling with icy tendrils of frost. There was an enormous crackling sound, and Dusknoir suddenly realized what was happening. "Chimchar! It's an Avalanche!"

"What?" he gasped. Dusknoir's Protect shield flared up green around him. Chimchar made a sprint for the bubble, diving through just in time. All around him and Dusknoir, icy boulders crashed down from the ceiling. They hit the Protect shield and shattered on impact. Through the falling boulders, Chimchar saw his chance.

Dusknoir looked down at Chimchar. "I'm hoping you have a plan?"

"Not so much a plan. More an idea."

"That's encouraging."

Chimchar bounded out of the bubble just as the last of the rocks fell. Regice saw Chimchar just as he blasted it in the face with Flamethrower. It stumbled back, preparing for a counter-attack, but too late. Chimchar's Focus Punch smashed it in the exact same spot as the Flamethrower. The weakened area made a small shattering sound and a crack ran down Regice's face. Its glowing yellow eyes sparked momentarily, then faded away. As soon as the light was gone, the Golem of Ice crashed to the ground, unconscious, at least for the moment.

Chimchar punched the air triumphantly. "Boo-ya!"

"I got him! He's mine!"

Chimchar turned around just as Piplup broke free of his paralysis. "Hey! You're finally free!"

Piplup looked back and forth desperately before seeing the unconscious Regice. "Aw man! I missed it again!"

"You know," Dusknoir mused. "I feel like we're forgetting something."

Chimchar shrugged. "I can't think of anything."

Piplup nodded. "Me neither."

"Mmmph!"

"What did you say, Chimchar?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Mmmph! Mmmph!"

"There, you did it again!"

"That wasn't me!"

"Dusknoir?"

"Not me either."

"Mmmph! Mmmph! Mmmph mmmph mmmph!!!"

"Wait! I found the source of the Mysterious Mmmphing Noise!" Chimchar exclaimed. "It's a pipe bomb!"

"No, that's not it," Piplup frowned. He sprayed away the ticking bomb with a Hydro Pump. There was a sudden explosion from further down the tunnel. "Woops."

"Mmmmmmmmmmmphhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Finally, the three Pokemon turned around. Grovyle was still frozen in the block of ice behind them. Dusknoir snapped his fingers with remembrance. "I knew we were forgetting something!"

Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st November 2009 at 3:36 AM.

Author's Profile

This is a Lol-worthy chapter! XD Especially these parts:
    "Of course not! What part of mercenaries do you not understand? They would trade their own mothers for grapes!"
    And:
    The quartet marched on through the tunnel. They were all worn out after the encounter with Regirock. All they could think of was rest. Unfortunatley, there was someone who didn't want them to rest...

"Come on, Grovyle, let's take a break!"

"Float. I float."

Grovyle sighed and turned to the trio following him. They all sagged from exhaustion. "Oh alright! We'll take a short break."
    Everyone deserves a break sometimes. But what really got me laughing was:
    "Wait! I found the source of the Mysterious Mmmphing Noise!" Chimchar exclaimed. "It's a pipe bomb!"
    Potter Puppet Pals reference! XD This made me ROFL. I wonder when they'll encounter Registeel...

Awesome chapter! It was very funny! I think the group will encounter Registeel in the next chapter. There are also a lot of unanswered things, like who are those three Pokemon Bastiodoen hired and who are those two Pokemon that escaped the Core.

White 2:

"No, that's not it," Piplup frowned. He sprayed away the ticking bomb with a Hydro Pump. There was a sudden explosion from further down the tunnel. "Woops."
    Lol at this quote xD

Well I wonder how they're going to encounter Registeel though, do moar quickly

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Well, they encountered Regirock in the chapter before this one(I believe) and Regice in the most recent one. It would make sense for them to encounter Registeel next. Maybe they'll encounter Regigigas soon.

White 2:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post

"Float. I float."

__________________________________________________ ___________

Upon hearing these words, Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir all collapsed on their faces, panting for breath. "Piplup, can I get some water?"

"Sure, whatever."

Chimchar opened his mouth wide. His entire head was engulfed by Piplup's Hydro Pump. "Aaah!"

"Woops. Sorry, Chimchar."

"That's alright! I got my drink!"
    __________________________________________________ ___________

LOL! Anyway, good chapter. Come on out, Registeel! Hee Hee

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Sorry that it's been so long since I posted a chapter. I'll probably have a new chapter up later today or tomorrow. Anyways, I've created a movie "trailer" for my books. Hope you'll like it! Be warned, as there are a few minor spoilers. Only minor, though, such as a few new characters.

Trailer!

Author's Profile

Nice fic you have going on here! Can you add me to the PM list?

Great trailer! Now I know a lot more! There was a good about of spoilers that I can expect to see in Book 2 here! I'll be sure to read Chapter 9.

White 2:

:O
    Oh my- It's so amazing! Hmm, is the Dragonite gonna be one of their allies? I guess I have to find out :P

Haha, I knew they forgotten to free Grovyle...XD

I guess you put in the Potter Puppet Pal reference,--it also fits in with Neil Cicierega's 123456Pokemon! (:

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast