Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10ticFan View Post
    Poor Golduck...
    Well, Golduck isn't the only one who'll be getting that treatment. Hitmonlee, Blastioise, Hariyama, and Vespiquen, among a couple dozen others, will be sharing the pain...I mean glory.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

BLAZIKEN!!! Not really, you shouldn't take too many requests, you'll forget some, people'll be andry, etc. Anyways, nice chapter there. It seemed like sort of a filler, but you gotta have em some times. Oh, and in the last chapter's title, We stole from the Windows... I think you meant widows?
    Advanceshipping! Ash and May all the Way

ROCK ON BON JOVI!!

My current Diamond team:

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer23 View Post
    BLAZIKEN!!! Not really, you shouldn't take too many requests, you'll forget some, people'll be andry, etc. Anyways, nice chapter there. It seemed like sort of a filler, but you gotta have em some times. Oh, and in the last chapter's title, We stole from the Windows... I think you meant widows?
    Wow, I actually put windows instead of widows? That's a little embarassing.... Thanks for pointing that out, I'll go fix it!

Author's Profile

Pretty good chapter! Sorry it took me a couple of days to come by. I wasn't too fond of it ending abruptly, but I guess it is still ok. Can't wait for more!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Ok, I'd like to have you guys vote on something. It'd really help me out.

What should I name my Mystery Dungeon trilogy?
    a. The Shadow Trilogy
    b. The Dimensions of Darkness Trilogy
    c. The Super-Duper-Ultra-Mega-Awesome-Battle-Between-Good-Which-Is-Piplup-And-Chimchar-And-Grovyle-And-Their-Friends-And-Evil-Which-Is-Darkrai-And-All-Of-His-Forces-Of-Darkness Trilogy

What do you guys think? My personal favorite is b, but this is the readers' choice. Go ahead, take your picks. And don't forget to nominate me in the fan-fiction awards!

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post

a. The Shadow Trilogy
    c. The Super-Duper-Ultra-Mega-Awesome-Battle-Between-Good-Which-Is-Piplup-And-Chimchar-And-Grovyle-And-Their-Friends-And-Evil-Which-Is-Darkrai-And-All-Of-His-Forces-Of-Darkness Trilogy

What do you guys think? My personal favorite is b, but this is the readers' choice. Go ahead, take your picks. And don't forget to nominate me in the fan-fiction awards!
    I'd say this one I like that one to it just seems the Coolest to me and seems to fit the Story the most.

Hmmmm... C
    nah, just kidding, i think b is the best as well.
    "Nothing is impossible- The word itself says, 'I'm possible!'"- Audrey Hepburn

One crazy trip: The adventures of a beret-clad boy and his best friend the sky. One day I will learn how to forum-format at a decent speed. Promise.

a. The Shadow Trilogy

Definitley not C. I think B might be the best name or the trilogy because it is about Dimensions and Darkness, right? Can't wait for Chapter 19! (Almost in the 20's already!)

White 2:

Well, sounds like Dimensions of Darkness is the most popular right now. And I really expected c to get more votes... Anyway, the reason I decided to make Dimensions of Darkness a choice actually has something to do with every book in the trilogy. Book 1 is all about nightmares, which are, essentially, a dimension formed of darkness. Book 2 is about the Core, which is a place literally, and figuratively, filled with darkness. And Book 3 is...well, now I'm getting ahead of myself.

Author's Profile

Definitely B. I think C sounds cool, but that would be really long and B sounds the best and fits the whole story!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Ok guys, thanks for your votes! I've officially named the trilogy Dimensions of Darkness. Do you know if I could ask one of the mods to change the title of my threads to feature Dimensions of Darkness?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what I need to do.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 10th January 2010 at 7:22 AM.

Author's Profile

Awww...C sounded awesome! JK. BTW, your story is good.
    DON'T underestimate mew-mew power. Otherwise, me and my fleet of awesome people will KEEEEEL you.

I'm new and I like your story!!! I'm going to post my fanfic soon, even though I'm really nervous

A true Mew person never, ever, EVERlikes Mewtwo.
    I mean, seriously!
    Have an awesome/rubbishy day, depends how I feel about you!

Your BFF,
    LillythePiplup

RUBBISH:
    AWESOME:

Quote Originally Posted by LillythePiplup View Post
    I'm new and I like your story!!! I'm going to post my fanfic soon, even though I'm really nervous
    You're going into the fan-fic business too? That's always good to here! You'll do fine.

And everybody, don't forget! Nominations for the fan-fiction awards are now open! Just telling you...

Author's Profile

Nice new title. I hope that Chapter 19 is coming along good. When do you expect to finish this book(Book 2) by? I'm going to check out the Fan Fiction Awards and nominate this fic!

White 2:

Chapter 19 might be up this weekend. If not, then probably sometime next week. I estimate Book 2 to be done by the beginning of summer, probably around the time that I first started it.

Author's Profile

I can wait for Chapter 19. If it has to come out next week, that is fine. No need to rush talent. Ok so, you'd have around 5 or 6 months until Summer.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I can wait for Chapter 19. If it has to come out next week, that is fine. No need to rush talent. Ok so, you'd have around 5 or 6 months until Summer.
    I'm estimating that there are still at least 10 chapters left in Book 2, possibly more. And trust me, the best is yet to come! Between the stories of Piplup and Co, the Wigglytuff Guild, and No.88 and 89, I've got a lot left to tell!

Author's Profile

I'm estimating that there are still at least 10 chapters left in Book 2, possibly more. And trust me, the best is yet to come! Between the stories of Piplup and Co, the Wigglytuff Guild, and No.88 and 89, I've got a lot left to tell!
    So pretty much 30 chapters? (Which would be 5 more than Book 1, right?) There's also Rayquaza to deal with, right? Isn't Rayquaza the master of the Core with Bastiodoen and Rampardos pretty much it's highest underlings and then there is Sceptile, Abomasnow and Machamp to deal with. There's a lot to focus on for Book 2, Gallade. Maybe it could reach 40 chapters?

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    So pretty much 30 chapters? (Which would be 5 more than Book 1, right?) There's also Rayquaza to deal with, right? Isn't Rayquaza the master of the Core with Bastiodoen and Rampardos pretty much it's highest underlings and then there is Sceptile, Abomasnow and Machamp to deal with. There's a lot to focus on for Book 2, Gallade. Maybe it could reach 40 chapters?
    Yes, I suppose it might end up reaching 40 chapters. After all, I still have a lot to get through. The past of Lucario and Mew, the expedition of the Guild recruits to Fogbound Lake, the return of Darkrai, and the final assault against Rampardos and Bastiodon are all still left to get through, without giving too much away.

Author's Profile

Ok, here it is! Enjoy! By the way, I added a couple more sentences to the end of the last chapter to make the ending less abrupt.

Chapter 19
    Facts and Legends

Mew floated into the darkness of the interior ruins, with Piplup and Chimchar follwing close behind her. The two looked around, mouths agape. On the interior, the stone walls were covered with strange text and heiroglyphs, along with a few large murals.

"Those are Unown relics," Piplup pointed to a wall completely covered with letter-reminiscent glyphs. "I remember those from the ruins back in the Hidden Land."

"And there's a familiar face, too!" Chimchar called. He was looking up at a mural with a red dinosaur-like Pokemon on it.

Piplup walked over for a closer look. "Hey, that's Groudon!" he identified. "It's hard to forget a face like that. Especially after you've stared right into it."

"Stared right into an illusion of it," Chimchar corrected.

"Whatever!" Piplup shook his head, flustered. "That's Groudon, but who are those other two?" He gestured to the other figures in the mural. One was blue and was surrounded by a raging sea. A long dragonic figure writhed above in a stormy sky.

"The blue one is Kyogre, and the green one is Rayquaza."

The two turned around to find Mew behind them. "Kyogre and Rayquaza?" Chimchar repeated. "Who are they?"

"And what are they doing with Groudon?" Piplup added.

"Well, judging your previous encounter, I assume you know Groudon," Mew explained. "Kyogre is Groudon's mortal enemy. Currently, both of them are in a deep sleep, awaiting the time of their final battle. When the end of the world comes, the two of the will awaken and clash in a battle to the death. The only one who can stop them is Rayquaza."

"Rayquaza," Piplup mused. "As in the one who is currently in control of the Core? Because I don't think he's being the peace-keeper."

Mew shook her head. "No, not exactly. The Rayquaza here in the Core was created seperately from the one depicted in this mural. Our Rayquaza is spoken of in legends as having been created to be the guardian of the Core. He was supposed to protect us from any threats which would come. However, long ago, Rayquaza became primal and beastial, and lost all power of conscious thought and reasoning."

"That sounds just like Dialga!" Piplup gasped. "When Temporal Tower began to collapse, Dialga went through the same transformation!"

"What would cause it to happen to Rayquaza, though?" Chimchar wondered.

Mew continued. "Well, I'm sure you've heard the story of the original Dialga and Palkia and their fight against Giratina. Thousands of years ago, a Pokemon called Giratina rose in a rebellion against the deities Dialga and Palkia. The two won, but they were greatly weakened. They knew that if Giratina and his allies were ever to rise again, they would not have the power to defeat him again. So, they sacrificed all of their remaining power to create an inescapable dimension specifically to hold Giratina and his allies forever. With all of their energy used up, Dialga and Palkia withered away, but two new, if not weaker, deities, the Dialga and Palkia you know today, were reborn in their place."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Chimchar asked.

"During his reign of terror, Giratina attempted to enter the Core," Mew answered. "Rayquaza immediately attacked brutally, knowing that if Giratina were to pass him, the entire Core would be destroyed. So, Rayquaza fought valiantly and managed to drive Giratina away, but in the process, he himself was mortally wounded. Overtime, the healers of the Core were able to help him to survive, but something changed. Nobody knows quite what it was, but Rayquaza was slowly losing his mind. Before long, he was completely insane and began to rampage in the Core. The citizens managed to defeat him, and they had no choice but to lock him away deep within the farthest reaches of the tunnels. However, it now has become obvious that Darkrai of your world has freed him again."

Piplup whistled under his breath. "Wow. That's pretty complicated."

"You're telling me," Mew sighed. "I was the one actually having to explain all of that."

"Are there any other interesting murals down here?" Chimchar inquired.

Mew shrugged. "I don't know how interesting you'd find them, but there are others. There's one about a long ago battle between the beasts of the sky, Lugia and Ho-oh. There's another one depicting the destruction and reincarnation of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. There's another still telling about a Pokemon from outer space, called Deoxys."

"Meh," Piplup waved his hand derisively. "Not quite as cool as all that apocalyptic stuff with Groudon and Kyogre."

"Are you coming or not?"

Piplup, Chimchar, and Mew all looked away from the mural. Dusknoir was floating a few strides away, arms crossed. "Oh, sorry Dusknoir," Mew apologized. She turned back to the other two. "Come on, guys. You need to see something."

Mew and Dusknoir led the way deeper into the ruins, until they came into a small room with a fire lit in the middle. A shadowy figure lay slumped beside it. Piplup and Chimchar gasped in horror. "Grovyle!"

Hope you all enjoy it! Sorry it's so short, I was rather rushed in my typing. By the way, there's a LOT of foreshadowing in that chapter. You'll probably end up catching it later.

EDIT: What the heck? When I was reading back through this chapter, I realized that my apology for the shortness somehow ended up at the end of the third paragraph in the chapter. And I know I typed it here at the end...Weird.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 12th February 2010 at 1:47 AM.

Author's Profile

You know, during the past scene, it would have been funny if you fit it "It is mearly a scratch" and "A scratch? Your arm's off!" and also "'Tis mearly a flesh wound."
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Well, I guess the legendary pokemon will join the war in the Core. My 2 cents.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Short short short

but

GREAT GREAT GREAT!

And I'm fixing your suggestions:
    a) Golduck beating the crap out of something
    b) Golduck felling a building on something
    c) Golduck beating the crap out of something and then felling a building on it
    ASB Squad

I think I know the foreshadowing. The banner you had for Book 3 had a Deoxys. I think something involves Depxys and maybe Ho-Oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Giratina! I'm excited for more! I wonder what happened with Grovyle since Piplup and Chimchar gasped in horror.

White 2:

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast