Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Rad!!!

Default Super Rad!!!

NEW 6/30

Please Comment

Mixes
    These are my mixes, most were made for contests.
    If you have any suggestions for mixes, let me know. I might make them.

(Ivysaur/Shiftry, Golduck/Lombre, Gastrodon/Kingdra, Blissey/Meganium, Bayleef/Solrock, Pelipper/Probopass, Quilava/Heatran)

(Nidorina/Blastoise, Shiny Jynx/Wigglytuff/Vulpix, Luvdisc/Regirock, Rampardos/Bastiodon, Bastiodon/Glalie, Glalie/Infernape, Bulbasaur/Chimchar/Oshawatt, Blitzle/Ponyta)

(Eevee Line/Muskadeers, Pachirisu/Deoxys, Wartortle/Walrein, Wartortle/Lapras, Ponyta Line/Goldeen Line, Clefable/Shaymin/Darkrai, Suicune/Kyogre/Palkia)

(Mareep Line/Girafarig, Ivysaur/Wartortle)
    Winner of WSC 46 and WSC 89
    Shedinja Dex
    Originally my plan was to mix every final stage pokemon with Shedinga...

I'll never finish.
    Scratch

Most of these are 100% scratched. A few may have a few edited parts added on.

Winner of WSC 52
    Fake

Winner of WSC 87
    First is a new form for Dunsparce. Dunsparce + Old Charm = Fable Form.
    Second, we have a pre-evo of Stantler, that I've been jokingly refering to as Fawndler.
    Third a Fakemon based off water vapor.
    Fourth is a fake evo for Sudowoodo, where it finally gets the grass attributes it's longed for. It evolves by eating the moss off a thousand year old tree. The moss tastes terrible which is why is face looks like that and has also made it more aggressive.
    Fifth is a Psychic Dream Sheep.
    Next we have a Water/Ghost dolphin and humpback whale. Long thought extinct, they drift between our world and spirit world.
    The next two are a combination of Flying Pigs and Piggy Banks. It evolves by inserting an Amulet Coin into the slot on it's back and the evolution's ability would mirror that of the amulet coin.
    The next on is based on a fire goby with aspects of fighting fish.It radiates intense heat and when it leaps from the water it's dorsal fin bursts into flames.
    The last three are based off Triceratops/Ankylosaurus and Thistles. As they age their leaf-like frills wilt and become part of their bodies.
    Edits

My reposes: Swellow, Chansey, and Mareep in a basic standing pose, Monferno and Bastiodon sleeping, and Treecko in attack position.

Totodile is more or less the DP sprite with a revamped RS head with some minor editing.
    With Houndoom I heavily edited just about everything. It's still somewhat of a WIP.
    For Happiny I shrunk the DP sprite then fixed all the lines and recolored it.
    The last is just me practicing animating with the newly revealed zebra.

These were originally official sprites that I edited into different Pokemon.
    (DP) Rapidash into Stantler + updated HGSS version
    (DP) Houndour into Growlithe
    (DP) Vulix into Buizel
    (DP) Corsola into Delibird
    Retypes

Exeggutor >>> Ice
    Togetic >>> Electric/Dragon
    Quilava >>> Water
    Ludicolo >>> Ice
    Turtwig >>> Bug
    continued...V
    Last edited by antisocial464; 30th June 2013 at 10:41 PM.

Revamps
    +Devamp

(Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Pinball, E-Card, First Ever Devamp)
    Cyndaquil's flames are scratched. Gengar and Tyrogue are heavily edited

(FR/LG, Gold, RS)
    I know they only have two leaves, but I just like Ivysaur better with two leaves instead of three.

(Yellow,Yellow,Gold,Gold,Gold,Gold,Crystal)

(RS/FRLG,RSE,RS,RS,FRLG)
    Most of these are the simplest form of revamps, just recoloring using the newest style and colors.
    However, Pikachu and Vaporeon and a few others were heavily edited from their original sprites.

(Green)
    Winner of WSC 40
    Rapidash got the most done to it. I had to fixed all the flaws from the original, so it's heavily edited and I scratched the flames.
    Pokesho
    Pokesho Sprites I revamped with a more official style.
    I have most of the originals if anyone would care to see a before and after.

The Skitty on the far right is the revamped original and the other two I edited into those positions. With Gible, again, the one on the right is revamped original and the one on the left I edited it's mouth closed, which are animated together below.

Pixel Overs

I try to keep my sprites size proportionate to the trainer sprites, which is why these are bigger than normal sprites and smaller than most pixel art.

While most of these pixel overs are of official art of various sorts (Sugimori, Pokemon Center, Anime, Dream World, etc.), Kyogre is actually a pixel over of a picture I found of a Kyogre toy.
    Trainers

DP Swimmer (F) into Misty holding Azurill
    The first Misty was made before the release of HGSS, so I edited it to look like Misty's newest sprite.

Winner of WSC 91
    DP Bertha into Agatha
    DP ace Trainer (cold weather)(F) into DP Bird Keeper
    DP Tuber Cosplayed as Victreebel
    HGSS Youngster into Bug Catcher
    Revamped Bruno
    Snow Boarder Boy, Surfer Girl, Dorian, Audrey & Kathryn, Trick-or-Treater, a Fake Grass Gym Leader, and everyone's new role models.
    Young Gym Leaders/Apprentices

Originally these were supposed to be gym apprentices, but the first four ended up looking like younger versions of the gym leaders.
    POKEMON HELIO
    Aquakip asked to help make the trainer sprites for his Helio project.

The design for the player character, rival, evil organization, and gym leaders are Aquakips. I simply sprited them. The miscellaneous characters are my own.
    Other Stuff
    Eggs

Badges

I made these to match the badges in HGSS
    Last edited by antisocial464; 26th July 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Dude u are greatQ
    u been doin this long?

Dancin'
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/1z4ekuc.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i26.*******.com/faa99k.jpg[/IMG]

Click my Digivice pwease, you know you want to.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Amazing, without a doubt

If you want to join and clicked here, please say that you clicked on my signature!

Shiny Begginer, so none yet... stop staring at me ;-;

Shiny Targets: , ,
    Offering: , or tell me what you want (no shinies or legendaries please!)
    Wanted: any event Shaymin and Manaphy, and *pokes targets*

Sorry 'bout the one liner, but these are really great!

Only crit I have is that some of the RSE mixes are a little over-dithered.

PRETTY MUCH GONE.
    Pff, I can't say that and keep a straight face. I'll try to get on when I can. :P

First off thank you three for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by pbfhdude View Post
    Dude u are greatQ
    u been doin this long?
    I've been doing this for quite a while, I guess about 4 years. I haven't been on here for a year, so my old thread died.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMAH!!!! View Post
    Sorry 'bout the one liner, but these are really great!

Only crit I have is that some of the RSE mixes are a little over-dithered.
    I don't know what over-dithered means, but thanks for the critique anyway. However for the record there's no point critiquing the old RSE stuff because I don't really care about them anymore and I'm not going to fix them. I'd love some cc for the DP stuff though.

Anyway I updated with two revamped sprites I made for WSC. I only entered Rapidash though. Here's a before and after for both.
    >>>
    >>>

there are no words to describe how rockin' those are!
    They look so realistic! I mean they follow the exact same lighting system as nintendo uses! You rule!
    My faves are the pixel overs

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Squirtle View Post
    They look so realistic! I mean they follow the exact same lighting system as nintendo uses! You rule!
    Almost anyone who sprites pokemon uses the same "lighting system" gamefreak uses, antisocial464's sprites lighting is no different from 9/10's of the posters here....
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Squirtle View Post
    Thanks, I glad you like my sprites. Raiga is right that my lighting really isn't that special, but I do think I put in a little extra effort.

Anyway two new sprites.

100% scratch except for the fluff at the end of it's tail. The tail took forever.

This is the smallest pixel over I've ever done. I love the new HGSS artwork, so expect some more pixel overs soon.

First off sorry for double posting, but I added new stuff and I needed to bump my thread.
    Secondly I need you guy's opinion, I mixed Blastiose with Nidorina and I can't decide version is better.

I only want to keep one in the main post, so let me know which is better and I'll ditch the other one.

oh mai gosh these are the best sprites i have ever seen!!! i encourage you to make a shop if you haven't already!!!
    •§ĦŞdřw•§ĦaymIη
    I has Bananas? ouo

Quote Originally Posted by shaymin522 View Post
    oh mai gosh these are the best sprites i have ever seen!!! i encourage you to make a shop if you haven't already!!!
    Especially for someone as skilled as antisocial, people get swarmed by people for requests. As a result they have to work faster and that means lower quality, which means you most likely wouldn't see the great works like the ones he has here.

As for the blastoise/Nidorina mix I would go for the first one since the second seriously looks like a smaller version of blastoise reposed. The first adds a lot of more of Nidorina and looks more like a mix.
    ----------------------------------

They are great the only thing i have to say about them is that again some of the RSE ones are a little over done

Originally Posted by shaymin522

Especially for someone as skilled as antisocial, people get swarmed by people for requests. As a result they have to work faster and that means lower quality, which means you most likely wouldn't see the great works like the ones he has here.

As for the blastoise/Nidorina mix I would go for the first one since the second seriously looks like a smaller version of blastoise reposed. The first adds a lot of more of Nidorina and looks more like a mix.

oh..... thats so true
    •§ĦŞdřw•§ĦaymIη
    I has Bananas? ouo

i think that kyogre pixel over was really good but revamp pikachu is better than the rapidash ...

"Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It's because among the countless colors comprising light, red travels the greatest distance."

"You're just trying to show off, Axel!"

New stuff bump...
    First, as always thank you few who responded.
    Now on to new stuff.
    These are the two frames for the animated Bellossom

The Bellossom and Eevee were made for the HGSS Celebration Contest.
    This is the before and after for the Piplup
    >>>
    Undid jpg damage and minor editing, no big deal really.
    And I've been on a trainer kick lately, so there's quite a few in this update.
    First one I'm going to address is Dorian

For those who don't know, he appeared in a episode of the anime way back when they were in Johto. He ran the unofficial Coastline Gym. His Bulbapedia page is here
    Most of the other trainer sprites are supposed to be gym assistants/apprentices but Fantina, Gardenia, and Roxanne's ended up looking like younger versions of themselves. I not thrilled with the Maylene boy, so that one may be disappearing.

wow just wow your sprite are the best ive ever seen <3
    Last edited by twilightvixen; 27th August 2009 at 1:52 PM.
    - under construction -

Added entry for WSC 46

loving the wsc entryme thinks you might win it
    Give a man a fish, and he won't be hungry for a day.
    Beat the man to death with your shoe, and he'l never be hungry again.

Click here and watch me on DA

Dude...you're a god.

As cliche as this sounds...you're the best Pokemon spriter I've ever actually seen. o___O
    Your part time lover and your full time friend,
    A monkey on your back is the latest trend~

Quote Originally Posted by antisocial464 View Post
    Added entry for WSC 46
    ...wow. ;~;
    It's amazing that with almost all of your sprites you've ever made, I just can't see anything wrong with them.

Your shading is absolutely perfect, and the way you've combined the Mareep family with Girafarig is flawless and stunning. You've scratched so well and it literally looks like they could be real Pokemon. The Ampharos one is definitely my favourite of the three, since it stands out so well, and the reshaped face, replaced legs and arms just blend perfectly into the sprite.

You've got my vote for the polls for sure. 8D
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

I can't say it better than LSA. You've got epic prowess. I love the way each tail head has a different pose.
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

After I finished drooling, (it took five minutes!), I decided to go and critique your splices first. Seeing as no one else has appeared to.. >__>

...What's that Shiftry mixed with? I think you actually added a little too much Shiftry, because I can't tell what the other 'mon is.. D:

The Golduck/Lombre also has too much Lombre scratched onto it. It looks like a humanoid Lombre, really.

I LOVE THAT INFERNAPE/GLALIE BLARRRGH

The Kingdra/Gastrodon.. the back seems a little diagonal, maybe you should round it?

Chansey/Meganium would be an incredibly hard splice to pull off, so I'll cut you a little slack, but.. even with all those edits, Chansey seems to be the more concentrated 'mon here.

Solrock/Bayleef.. that mouth bugs me. I think you should either get rid of it, or move it lower.

The Pellipper/Probopass is too epic to give critique on. srsly.

Beautiful scratching, but I can't tell what you mixed the Heatran with.

That's a little disgusting, that Shaymin/Darkrai. XD I think Shaymin and Darkrai's 'feet' could do with a little rounding.

I could only tell that it was a half Nidorina because you said as such.. It looks like a small Blastoise. With a Nidorina spike. Yeah, too much Blastoise.

Walrein/Wartortle, I take it? I think Wartortle's tail would have suited it much better. It looks like Pidgeotto's.

Lapras/Wartortle is really nice, I see no problems with it.

Both the Rapidash/Seaking and Ponyta/Goldeen seem to have too much of the horse and not enough fish. I think a mermaid style would have suited them better, but whatever floats your seahorse.

All in all, you are the best spriter I've ever seen. However, your main problem is that you try too hard, and that's evident in your sprites. You scratch too much onto each Pokemon and I can't tell what they're mixed with because you made it more of one Pokemon than the other.

Next time, I'll do revamps. Okay? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    ...whatever floats your seahorse.
    Ok, epic-ly funny. I hope you don't mind, that quote is going in my sig.

All in all, you are the best spriter I've ever seen. However, your main problem is that you try too hard, and that's evident in your sprites. You scratch too much onto each Pokemon and I can't tell what they're mixed with because you made it more of one Pokemon than the other.
    Honestly I don't see how scratching too much is a problem, especially when you have skills like Antisocial does.

I hate when I really have nothign to say except, wow. I can honestly find nothign wrong with like anythign you have made.

I honestly didn't use to know who you were, but now I don't see how I couldn't have known who you were. You are one of my favorite spriters ever.

Your WSC 46 entry is so amazing. You have my vote, no doubt. I can't say it better than LSA so I'll let it at that.

I would like to know if I could use your Young Fantina as a gym leader in my Region? I will give you credit. Also if you didn't mind I might edit it some.(just hair and clothing colors) If not that's ok.

The Incredibles.

Spoiler:- Awsome Extras:

I'm going to respond to everyone, but first I'm going to focus on Bynine because it's going to take so long.
    ...What's that Shiftry mixed with? I think you actually added a little too much Shiftry, because I can't tell what the other 'mon is.. D:
    It's Ivysaur and I guess I do overpower one pokemon with another sometimes. However, when I mix I rarely have a plan. I tend to just pick two sprites and kind of let it happen organically, sometimes it's becomes more for an equal fusion, sometimes it becomes more of an intricate reskin. I'm happy with all of them regardless.

The Kingdra/Gastrodon.. the back seems a little diagonal, maybe you should round it?
    I guess you're right, it might be a little severe, but I don't think it's that bad.

Chansey/Meganium would be an incredibly hard splice to pull off, so I'll cut you a little slack, but.. even with all those edits, Chansey seems to be the more concentrated 'mon here.
    For the record it's Blissey and it's defiantly not the best mix I've ever made, but I must say that the shiny version of it looks way better for some reason... I have a shiny version for just about all my sprites and I might upload a few of them at some point.

Solrock/Bayleef.. that mouth bugs me. I think you should either get rid of it, or move it lower.
    I actually like it's face, I think it has personality.

The Pellipper/Probopass is too epic to give critique on. srsly.
    I'm surpised you like that one so much because I made it in like five minutes and it's pretty simple.

Beautiful scratching, but I can't tell what you mixed the Heatran with.
    It's Quilava.

That's a little disgusting, that Shaymin/Darkrai. XD I think Shaymin and Darkrai's 'feet' could do with a little rounding.
    That sprite is actually Shaymin(sky)/Darkrai/Clefable. I was going for a ying-yang thing, so I took a Clefable who's pretty much symmetrical for the base and mixed two very different pokemon Shaymin and Darkrai (Black and White) on top of said base. As for the feet. Darkrai's lower body is pointy, so if anything it could probably use some sharpening and on Shaymin's side the problem is that Shaymin has very narrow legs and Clefable is chubby and has very stumpy short thick legs.

I could only tell that it was a half Nidorina because you said as such.. It looks like a small Blastoise. With a Nidorina spike. Yeah, too much Blastoise.
    I know it's more Blastoise than Nidorina, but I like I like it looks like an awsome primal Blastiose.

Walrein/Wartortle, I take it? I think Wartortle's tail would have suited it much better. It looks like Pidgeotto's.
    I tried Wartortle's tail when I was making it and it didn't look right. It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty much like Walrein's tail.

Both the Rapidash/Seaking and Ponyta/Goldeen seem to have too much of the horse and not enough fish. I think a mermaid style would have suited them better, but whatever floats your seahorse.
    They were my fist mix in the DP style, so I agree they are a little simple.

Next time, I'll do revamps. Okay? ;D
    Thanks, I glad you like my stuff and appreciate the critique. I don't think what you said is a problem I like my stuff and if you can't tell whats they're made out of, to me that would mean they're well blended, even if unevenly.
    I look forward to your future critiques. This is an obscenely long post. I apologize.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast